Jump to content
LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Did you check that you don't have a player gunner?

 

Yes; no player my stations are locked!!! and if you are right and a human player was on a gunner station .....this is not just strange, but clearly suspect......

10 minutes ago, [_FLAPS_]Grim said:

I had for a long time the issue that the gunners wouldnt talk to me.

If the attack would come out of their arch of fire I would get hit without warning.

 

But luckily the issue seems to been solved for me with some patch.

 

Gunners, does no warning, no firing, even when ennemy plane was directly in my six !!!! strange and forst time it happens to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

Gunners, does no warning, no firing, even when ennemy plane was directly in my six !!!!

 

What were the lighting conditions? If early morning and still dark, the gunners can be effectively blind.

 

I've also had the bug Grim described, that the gunner was silent, but still fired. And yes, this was ~1 year ago, hasn't happened in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

 

What were the lighting conditions? If early morning and still dark, the gunners can be effectively blind.

 

I've also had the bug Grim described, that the gunner was silent, but still fired. And yes, this was ~1 year ago, hasn't happened in a long time.

It was sunset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi pilots,

 

Is it posible to run Tacview with this server?

 

It runs well for me in single player

 

on tacviews website tacview write in FAQ:

 

Q21: Why my flights are not recorded in multiplayer?

By default, IL‑2 Sturmovik does not record online flights. You can enable data recording by editing the *.sds configuration file on the host computer. Make sure the following line is present in it:

TacviewRecord=true

 

 

 

If so where to i find the *.sds configuration location?

 

Thank you

S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Seb_Toombs said:

Hi pilots,

 

Is it posible to run Tacview with this server?

 

It runs well for me in single player

Tacview is disabled at the moment due to an exploit that can be used. Once it‘s fixed i‘m pretty sure they turn it back on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, H_Stiglitz said:

Tacview is disabled at the moment due to an exploit that can be used. Once it‘s fixed i‘m pretty sure they turn it back on

 

I'm very grateful for the reply H_Stiglitz, thank you!

S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please check the stats system and reporting.  This sortie gave me 12 buildings in-game, yet shows only minor damage dealt in stats.  IIRC it was on the same #1Rear Depot as the other time I pointed out a couple of days ago.  

Sortie Log: 25.11.2020 - 02:51 / 69th_Mobile_BBQ / VirtualPilots (IL2 stats)     Also, IIRC it's the depot in 0416 that I attacked in both instances.   

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

This sortie gave me 12 buildings in-game, yet shows only minor damage dealt in stats.

Please forget the in-game information you get on top of the screen after sortie. Or take it with a grain of salt. For example, it won't report you being captured, because the campaign app handles that. Instead, look at what the chat tells you as the sortie score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Please forget the in-game information you get on top of the screen after sortie. Or take it with a grain of salt. For example, it won't report you being captured, because the campaign app handles that. Instead, look at what the chat tells you as the sortie score.

 

 

I do look at the chat.  That was a rather good haul in the in-game chat - until it got converted into zilch when it go to the stats page.  I suppose I'll have to start screenshotting all my chat results and lining them up with the stats page.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Velikie Luki map is now running on the test server named "Temuri tests Velikie Luki". The server has icons and GPS on for convenience. Also, there are no stations for now.

 

Hop on and let me know if you see something fishy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the current mission the German sector 1 tank spawns are on the other side of an uncrossable River Don from both sets of troops and artillery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I encounter invulnerable AI T34s in the Troop targets. I can fire at almost pointblank range at the rear, turret ring, engine grating etc. with my PzIV with no effect. One of them then slowly turned its turret and shot ME. I have been asked to raise this as a server issue, even though it would be surprising if you set the vulnerability of each AI tank separately.

 

I also encountered invulnerable T34s in the new depot type.

Edited by beresford
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm those invulnerable tanks. It happens on both sides btw.

It might not be server related tho.

Edited by Winterz
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, beresford said:

In the current mission the German sector 1 tank spawns are on the other side of an uncrossable River Don from both sets of troops and artillery.

 

If this happens again, please take a screenshot of the map showing the tank spawns for both sides. Helps me tune the placing algorithm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In sortie: http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/log/690532/?tour=39  the killing of a friend is reported. I have not fired on anyone, so it may be due to a collision (not felt and without damage to me) or more likely due to the explosion of my bombs after being dropped on the target. It is possible to implement the verification of friendly fire due to bombing: friendly fire only if it occurs in friendly territory or at a certain distance from the target?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI folks!

It's been a while, and we are looking to fly a little on Finnish again.

 

Is the SRS radio plug-in available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear LLv34_Temuri,

 

I would be grateful if you could review the server rotating plane set with a view to bringing forward the Hawker Tempest V from the current plane set 8 to plane set 6, with the 11lbs boost modification for plane set 8.

 

The reason for this request is as follows.

 

The in-game IL-2 GB aircraft specification notes state the debut of the following aircraft as:

 

FW 190 A-8  SPRING 1944
Tempest V    MAY 1944
Bf 109 G14   JULY 1944
FW 190 D     END SEPTEMBER 1944 (sources on the internet show OCTOBER 1944)
Bf 109 K4     OCTOBER 1944

 

Given that the FW 190 A8 is plane set 6 and the Bf 109 G14 is plane set 7, it would appear to be an anomaly that the Tempest V is currently plane set 8, which is the same plane set as the FW 190 D9 and the Bf 109 K4.

 

The FW D9 and the Bf 109 K4 were both introduced in the Autumn of 1944 and the Tempest V was introduced in the Spring of 1944.  So, to be fair, the Tempest V should be in a plane set ahead of the D9 and K4 I would have thought.

 

Also, the 11lbs boost Tempest modification was common for Autumn/Winter 1944 and would be applicable for introduction at plane set 8. 

 

It is also historical record that the LW lost 3 Bf 109 G shot down over France by a Tempest V squadron on the 8th June 1944.

 

In light of the above, I would be grateful for your kind consideration to this request.

 

Thank you for a providing such a great MP server.

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tempest flew from the UK, RAF Newchurch in Kent,  for about a month around May '44. After D-Day they were no longer flying over Europe as they were intercepting V1 doodlebugs.

 

They supported the Arnhem battle from UK airfields, It was not until late September that the Tempest went to the 2nd TAF in Europe.

 

Between October and December 1944, the Tempest was practically withdrawn from combat operations for overhaul work, as well as to allow operational pilots to train new pilots.

 

The overhaul process involved the replacement or major servicing of their engines and the withdrawal of the limited number of aircraft which were equipped with spring-tabs; these increased manoeuvrability so much that there was a risk of damaging the airframe. (Might explain why the wings fall off sometimes).

 

Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Tempest

 

Witch

 

Edited by Black-Witch
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Black-Witch said:

The Tempest flew from the UK, RAF Newchurch in Kent,  for about a month around May '44. After D-Day they were no longer flying over Europe as they were intercepting V1 doodlebugs.

 

They supported the Arnhem battle from UK airfields, It was not until late September that the Tempest went to the 2nd TAF in Europe.

 

Between October and December 1944, the Tempest was practically withdrawn from combat operations for overhaul work, as well as to allow operational pilots to train new pilots.

 

The overhaul process involved the replacement or major servicing of their engines and the withdrawal of the limited number of aircraft which were equipped with spring-tabs; these increased manoeuvrability so much that there was a risk of damaging the airframe. (Might explain why the wings fall off sometimes).

 

Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Tempest

 

Witch

 

I don't think "placement" or area of use is considered in the planeset, otherwise the Yak 7/9 would be gone after map 6, since I don't believe a yak-9 pilot saw many Tempests on mission.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mention their placement only so it’s in context of the Bodenplatte map and the upcoming Normandy map, the Tempests based in the UK in May would have been series I Tempests with long barrelled hispano’s and 9lb boost, I will have to check some reference books as to when they started using drop tanks as well, as that will be a “mod” at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S!

 

Updated campaign app this morning. We've had a weird issue since some patch not long ago. The campaign app seemed to react to everything with an extremely long delay. First we thought it was because our RCON command buffer was the bottleneck, but optimizing it didn't seem to have an effect.

 

But yesterday night I finally caught the b...feature. I noticed that our campaign app was reading log #701, but there was already log #759 waiting in the log directory. Our campaign app has been working under the assumption that the DServer writes log files once every 30s, at a clockwork pace. Always 2 log files per minute. But, our campaign app was optimistic and tried to read the logs every 10s anyways. This worked fine. But now, after some patch, the DServer has begun to write the logs with a rate depending on the activity on the server. So for one minute, there might be 2 log files, but 8 for the next. And with our server being packed at evenings/nights, it has been more to the higher number of logs per minute. And while our campaign app was prepared to read even 6 logs per minute (once per 10s), this wasn't enough. The campaign app started to lag behind as new logs appeared in the logs folder. This is the reason for the delays.

 

But now the campaign app checks the logs folder for a new log file every second, hopefully keeping up :)

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Temuri,

 

Despite what Black-Witch has posted, all Tempest V squadrons remained operational for combat and at no time was a Tempest V squadron declared non operational.  You can see from the information below that the Tempest V version we have in game is valid for June 1944 onwards and that not only did the Tempest remain operational to the end of the war, but they also flew over Europe in between hunting V-1 flying bombs.

 

The Tempest V version we have in-game for IL-2 GB is the series II that began reaching operational squadrons in June 1944.

 

The Tempest Mk V Series II, the one we have in-game, equipped with the short barrelled Hispano Mk V cannon, and capable of carrying long range drop tanks, began reaching the squadrons during June. During July and August three more squadrons were equipped with Tempests; Nos. 80, 274, and 501 comprising the Manston Wing.

 

This information and the combat report below, showing 3 enemy aircraft shot down on 8th June 1944 and operations over France in August 1944 can be found below: 

Tempest V Performance (wwiiaircraftperformance.org)

 

As far as combat operations for the Tempest V were concerned here is an operations record book account of anti-diver (V-1 flying bomb) operations and armed recce over the continent in the same month of August 1944.  You will see 25th Aug starting with anti-diver patrols and then an armed recce into France at Cassel, Nr St Omer.  Anti diver patrols are then resumed on 26th Aug.  Then on 27th Aug another armed recce near St Omer.  Then on 28th Aug an attack on a radar station in France at Cassel, near St Omer.  Seems they made a hell of a mess of it!

 

So you see that 11lbs boost Tempest V anti-diver squadrons were also on operations over Europe in between anti-diver operations during August 1944.

This is historic evidence of what actually happened from the combat report below. Combat report source available at the link Newchurch Village :: 25th to 31st August 1944

25to31aug1944-sm.jpg

Edited August 22, 2018 by 56RAF_Talisman

 

 

 

 

  •  
Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I posted was a quote from wiki, which is fairly accurate most of the time. It said Tempests were "practically" taken out of service for overhaul and pilot training, though I can't find any further evidence of that in any of my books and I can see that Tempest Squadrons had kills through September, October and November.

 

I've also found details of the low level Tempest cannon attacks on Cassell's radar station in late August, I've been there a few times, it's a nice spot, a high hill in the surrounding low lying countryside, these sorties were flown from the UK between the 25 August and 6th September before returning to anti-diver patrols.

 

So the, only 2 Squadrons, of Tempests was not flying over the Continent from about the 8 June to 25 August, almost 3 months, that's the point I was trying to make when discussing if it should be brought into the plane-set earlier. After those few missions in late August, It was then almost another month before Tempests were sent to Europe on the 28 September, to Grimbergen.

 

The Tempest drop tank was quickly in service, specially designed by Sir Sydney Camm, with far less drag than the Typhoon droptank. And the Tempest had 11lb, some pilots say 13lb, for chasing Doddlebugs in June, so the 9lb option seems to be for early Series I's, but that's been argued ad infinitum.

 

I think what will be more interesting, for the plane-set, is when the Spitfire Mk XIV arrives, as that was in service 6 months before the Tempest, flying with 610 Squadron in December 1943. When will that get added? :)

 

 

Witch

Edited by Black-Witch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Black-Witch said:

What I posted was a quote from wiki, which is fairly accurate most of the time. It said Tempests were "practically" taken out of service for overhaul and pilot training, though I can't find any further evidence of that in any of my books and I can see that Tempest Squadrons had kills through September, October and November.

 

I've also found details of the low level Tempest cannon attacks on Cassell's radar station in late August, I've been there a few times, it's a nice spot, a high hill in the surrounding low lying countryside, these sorties were flown from the UK between the 25 August and 6th September before returning to anti-diver patrols.

 

So the, only 2 Squadrons, of Tempests was not flying over the Continent from about the 8 June to 25 August, almost 3 months, that's the point I was trying to make when discussing if it should be brought into the plane-set earlier. After those few missions in late August, It was then almost another month before Tempests were sent to Europe on the 28 September, to Grimbergen.

 

The Tempest drop tank was quickly in service, specially designed by Sir Sydney Camm, with far less drag than the Typhoon droptank. And the Tempest had 11lb, some pilots say 13lb, for chasing Doddlebugs in June, so the 9lb option seems to be for early Series I's, but that's been argued ad infinitum.

 

I think what will be more interesting, for the plane-set, is when the Spitfire Mk XIV arrives, as that was in service 6 months before the Tempest, flying with 610 Squadron in December 1943. When will that get added? :)

 

 

Witch

 

The beauty of this server is that it is different from many others in that if the aircraft were available then we can fly them :)  I like that.  So flying over a particular geographic location in history at whatever time of the war does not stop us flying a particular aircraft on this server if it was combat operational and used as such.  The Tempest V version we have in-game was operational with a debut of May 1944 as stated by the game developers and it shot down enemy aircraft, attacked ground targets and flew sweeps, etc, recorded in combat reports from 8th June 1944 all the way to the end of the war.  I have not seen all the Tempest V combat reports, so there will be many others out there.  The Tempest V defended the UK from the enemy and attacked the enemy on operational sorties from its debut in May 1944 onwards and was fully operational to the end of the war.  So, for this server historic geography is not so relevant.  The Tempest V meets the criterion of this server, so it is just a matter of when it had its debut to determine which plane set is applicable.  Which would appear to be quite simple if not clouded by other issues. 

 

As for the Spitfire XIV, I believe operational sorties were carried out from 4th January 1944 onwards, with the first air-to-air combat being against 3 x FW 190 on 7th March 1944; the combat reports for this encounter are available as a matter of historical record :) 

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

 

P.S.  Here is a link to a combat report showing 56 Sqn Tempest V (11lbs boost) missions over mainland Europe on the 6th and 9th September:

Newchurch Village :: 1st to 10th September 1944

 

 

 

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

Now AAA on depots are being restored after kills?

Shouldn't be. Perhaps you had just scared the crew out of the AAA position and they returned?

 

 

I think there's already enough Tempest spam on the last two planesets.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Aktual Tanks:  1x Panther

you're wrong. there is 2 panthers per artillery spawn per mission (so 4 in total). if there is only 1 left, some dudes have wasted the panther already.

edit: source: 

 

 

Edited by H_Stiglitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 часов назад, LLv34_Temuri сказал:

Shouldn't be. Perhaps you had just scared the crew out of the AAA position and they returned?

No, I think that Im just dont found the last flak :) I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Часто бывает так - на танке доехал до цели , выстрел .Звук выстрела есть , перезарядка есть .Только трассера  и попадания нет , как будто холостые . Или попадание есть , только крупная зенитка не убивается , и потом наводится на танк и результативно попадает . При этом другие объекты рядом (пулеметы , строения ) убиваются . Полная ерунда....((

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UFO* said:

It often happens like this - on a tank I reached the target, a shot. There is a sound of a shot, there is a reload. Only there is no tracer and no hit, as if they were blank. Or there is a hit, only the large anti-aircraft gun is not killed, and then it is aimed at the tank and effectively hits. In this case, other objects nearby (machine guns, buildings) are killed. Complete nonsense .... ((

That's probably the tank spawn heavy AAA. There was an error in map settings that resulted the tank spawns not being shifted to the side from the frontline troops. That should now be fixed as the mission has rotated.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JG4_Matthias said:

Wir sind letzte Nacht geflogen, der Flak in den Positionen konnte nicht zerstört werden. weder mit Waffen noch mit Bomben

Was it all the flak in the frontline, or just some specific? The flak on the tank spawn group is invulnerable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...