LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Followed another Me 110 and we bombed Adler (rear depot). No points.

Any particular buildings to be destroyed there?

Me 110 adler port.png

7 hours ago, KoN_ said:

Did anyone notice strange invisible planes one second there next gone . ? or is my eye sight going . 

I tried to make a track but i cant on the server is it banned . Recording .?

Also Axis 50 vs 24 Allied . lol ..!! 😷

It did happen to us yesterday, like 4 out of 7 people couldn't see the rest of the squadmates right after spawning at the AF. Restarting the sim did the thing, but it's pretty worrying that this still happens today. But hey, we get player controllable AAA...

Posted (edited)

Hello,  My Squad registered for the stats page last night and so far, has 6 of us on the profile list.  Only 4 of us are shown on the public stats as members however.  

Myself and 69th_Red)(awk are not shown.  Our names all match the ones we use in game, the squadron back page profile list shows all 6 of us are registered and accepted as 69th_ and we've all flown 1 mission cycle that completed an is not in-progress.  Can Finnish server admin help, please?

Edited by 69th_Mobile_BBQ

Posted (edited)

Haha, looks like it would work as a road block too 😄

Edit: Actually looked fun that tank gameplay. Thinking it could almost be a blast in VR. Was an epic ending 😄

Edited by messsucher

35 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Edit: Actually looked fun that tank gameplay. Thinking it could almost be a blast in VR. Was an epic ending 😄

I've found than in contrary to real, in computer games when you are in the forest, you don't see object outside the forest very well, while being in the fields gives you good visibility to objects in the forest.

I think recording toggle is by default left ctrl-r.

If an airfield is under attack, why not try some other airfield?

Maybe they add AA guns 1C is making to the airfields, so that you could assume control of one.

3 hours ago, messsucher said:

I think recording toggle is by default left ctrl-r.

If an airfield is under attack, why not try some other airfield?

Maybe they add AA guns 1C is making to the airfields, so that you could assume control of one.

landing is when i was shot up . Spent 30-mins flying around dog-fighting only to be killed sat in cockpit after landing . Talk about being angry . 👿

Don`t mind being shot down while dog fighting a good pilot , or at least doing some thing . 

I guess im old school and just don`t believe in doing them kind of acts . 

``Hell ive even let pilots land their crippled planes after a good mix up  .💀 

Here's the best method for preventing getting strafed on the airfield:

Step 1:  Build boat.

Step 2: Cry River.

Step 3: Never go retro and play Il-2 1946 singleplayer career mode.

It looks like you died from the AAA, which will shoot you in your chute. I guess the AI has no morals.

2 Axis tanks drove to the Allies temporary airfield and shot planes on the spawn point.  1 tank even went so far as to park in the airfield buildings to make it impossible to bomb without getting a friend kill on the building as well.   

I don't mind vulching on the server but, there is zero defense to counter that.  The biggest part of the problem is that many players that spawn there are completely unaware the airfield is under threat from tanks 100m from where they spawn in, so it's not a matter of simply choosing a different airfield.   It's a troll exploit and frikkin' stupid too.   

Is there anything that can be done?  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

We fought through the frontlines, engaging enemy tanks and defenses to get to that point. We dodged fire from aircraft all along the way at different points and likewise were low ammo by the time we'd arrived, coming off our push through the front. 

Besides, you figured out how to kill us pretty well enough by ramming us.  Suggest you re-familiarize yourself with the server rules in the original post.  By the way, no one was getting friendly fire notifications when engaging the tank parked between the fortifications. At this point I request that you take your own advice further up on this page. 

Edited by Shively
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shively said:

We fought through the frontlines, engaging enemy tanks and defenses to get to that point. We dodged fire from aircraft all along the way at different points and likewise were low ammo by the time we'd arrived, coming off our push through the front. 

Besides, you figured out how to kill us pretty well enough by ramming us.  Suggest you re-familiarize yourself with the server rules in the original post.  By the way, no one was getting friendly fire notifications when engaging the tank parked between the fortifications. At this point I request that you take your own advice further up on this page. 

Prove it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

2 Axis tanks drove to the Allies temporary airfield and shot planes on the spawn point.  1 tank even went so far as to park in the airfield buildings to make it impossible to bomb without getting a friend kill on the building as well.   

I don't mind vulching on the server but, there is zero defense to counter that.  The biggest part of the problem is that many players that spawn there are completely unaware the airfield is under threat from tanks 100m from where they spawn in, so it's not a matter of simply choosing a different airfield.   It's a troll exploit and frikkin' stupid too.   

I don't play tanks (yet) but attacking airfields seems like a perfectly legitimate and historical way to block an enemy airfield from being used to it's fullest.

Isn't there a little red tank warning icon next to the airfield before you spawn? Why wouldn't you send ground attackers or other tanks to deal with the threat?

• Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

MobileBBQ Salty? Go look at the stats on il2 stats and see the damage we inflicted with timestamps, why dont YOU do the ground work and prove it by backing that up with a TacView recording.  We need prove nothing.  Move on. Oh ya, it shows a tank icon anywhere near your objective, attention to detail prior to spawning in.

Edited by [308]Banzaii

1 hour ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

The biggest part of the problem is that many players that spawn there are completely unaware the airfield is under threat from tanks 100m from where they spawn in

41 minutes ago, SCG_Vieira said:

Isn't there a little red tank warning icon next to the airfield before you spawn?

Yes, there should be.

2 hours ago, GAE_YaniBarto said:

how to register a squad in the statistics?

First register a user http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/profile/registration/
Then login with the user and create a squad at http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/squad/

7 hours ago, JG4_Matthias said:

I jump and 8 minutes later i die ?  Partisans ?!

Most likely the campaign app determined that you were captured, i.e. killed.

2 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

You can follow your own advice and cry yourself a river.

On 10/4/2020 at 5:48 PM, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Here's the best method for preventing getting strafed on the airfield:

Step 1:  Build boat.

Step 2: Cry River.

Step 3: Never go retro and play Il-2 1946 singleplayer career mode.

Here are the steps you should take, baby.

2 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Here are the steps you should take, baby.

I suggest you curb your abuse.

1 minute ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

I suggest you curb your abuse.

Is that not supposed to continue like "Or.." something happen? :rofl:

5 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Is that not supposed to continue like "Or.." something happen? :rofl:

Well, I would expect that abuse and name calling isn't tolerated on the server and is quite possibly not tolerated on their thread either.  I guess we'll find out. 

2 minutes ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Well, I would expect that abuse and name calling isn't tolerated on the server and is quite possibly not tolerated on their thread either.  I guess we'll find out. 

Suppose that is your only home. Call daddy.

38 minutes ago, [308]Banzaii said:

MobileBBQ Salty? Go look at the stats on il2 stats and see the damage we inflicted with timestamps, why dont YOU do the ground work and prove it by backing that up with a TacView recording.  We need prove nothing.  Move on. Oh ya, it shows a tank icon anywhere near your objective, attention to detail prior to spawning in.

Here you go:

1 hour ago, Shively said:

By the way, no one was getting friendly fire notifications when engaging the tank parked between the fortifications. 

2 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Suppose that is your only home. Call daddy.

And?

18 minutes ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Here you go:

And?

"We fought through the frontlines, engaging enemy tanks and defenses to get to that point. We dodged fire from aircraft all along the way at different points and likewise were low ammo by the time we'd arrived, coming off our push through the front."

They should get Iron Cross 2nd Class for bravery before the enemy and excellence in commanding troops. That is the least they should get. Getting a tank where it matter the most is a great achievement.

0107-900-017.jpg

12 minutes ago, messsucher said:

"We fought through the frontlines, engaging enemy tanks and defenses to get to that point. We dodged fire from aircraft all along the way at different points and likewise were low ammo by the time we'd arrived, coming off our push through the front."

They should get Iron Cross 2nd Class for bravery before the enemy and excellence in commanding troops. That is the least they should get. Getting a tank where it matter the most is a great achievement.

0107-900-017.jpg

Easy to do on a server that's mostly 2:1 stack for Axis in that timezone.    Points to you for deflection though. 

Just now, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Easy to do on a server that's mostly 2:1 stack for Axis in that timezone.    Points to you for deflection though. 

I suggested before Hero of the Soviet Union medallion for Soviet tankers doing the same. It was the first reported action I saw doing it, hence the higher order as well as doing it at the times of overwhelming opposition and overall low morale of troops, while being in line with the general requirements of Red Army military awards.

Hey, I only suggested that tanks spawn camping on the temporary fields that have zero automated defense (unlike other fields) might be a bit much. 

Everybody else went on the offensive.  

Posted (edited)

......or just look at the map before spawning and tell your bros in chat not to spawn at temporary. Spawn camping is the same as vulching at temp which is undefended.

Edited by [308]Banzaii
  • Upvote 1

Look before spawn is the clue... But yesterday night a tank attack enemy troops, was really close from position...maybe 200 mts and attack icon don't warning us... I think some times dont works.. 

1 hour ago, HR_Tumu said:

Look before spawn is the clue... But yesterday night a tank attack enemy troops, was really close from position...maybe 200 mts and attack icon don't warning us... I think some times dont works.. 

Apparently, it can be that tank motor is destroyed when that happens. I'd like to get confirmation to this, so next time this happens, someone please record a track.

ok )

its true , when i see enemy tank, he was shoting and was under fire... but  are stopeed and dont move nothing.

I wish AI tanks didn't have perfect night vision... it was nice to drive tanks in the dark for a change but the AI clearly has an unfair advantage in this situation.

22 minutes ago, =[V]P=vad-asz said:

Hi!

Server and stat page is down.

I can access both just fine.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I can access both just fine.

Thanks. Yeah, now is good, but it crashed both for about 20 minutes ago.