Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

LLv34_Untamo

LLv34_Untamo
1 hour ago, [U99]OttoU99 said:

Is it possible to temporarily make server settings - only tanks can be left for killed pilots. Airplanes should be left only to live pilots.

Ehh? So if you die once, and don't have TC, bye bye? ... How about: no.

[U99]OttoU99
2 часа назад, LLv34_Untamo сказал:

Ehh? So if you die once, and don't have TC, bye bye? ... How about: no.

A large-scale tank battle also looks great! Even 10 tanks together in the attack is very cool!
Maybe you should have tried one card?

Just asked ..

Blaues Team gewinnt! 

Some static vehicles can not be destroyed . Any reason . Is this a bug or intended . 

LLv34_Temuri
2 hours ago, KoN_ said:

Some static vehicles can not be destroyed . Any reason . Is this a bug or intended . 

They should be destroyable. Which vehicles do you mean and what are you attacking them with?

1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

They should be destroyable. Which vehicles do you mean and what are you attacking them with?

T-34 and trucks , this is with tank crews . Panzer .

Trucks would not be destroyed by machine gun fire had to use Heat . 

static T-34 would not die even at close range and even in engines . I have video .

Some strange stuff going on with damage modeling . 

LLv34_Temuri
1 minute ago, KoN_ said:

T-34 and trucks , this is with tank crews . Panzer .

Trucks would not be destroyed by machine gun fire had to use Heat . 

static T-34 would not die even at close range and even in engines . I have video .

Some strange stuff going on with damage modeling . 

MGs haven't been effective on static objects after Kuban release. It's not possible to set the object durability value so low that the object would be vulnerable to MG fire, but response to durability issues from devs side has been "There were no problems".

That being said, I need to take a look at the positioning of the T-34s, to see if they're covered by some invisible wall in e.g. net object they're under.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

MGs haven't been effective on static objects after Kuban release. It's not possible to set the object durability value so low that the object would be vulnerable to MG fire, but response to durability issues from devs side has been "There were no problems".

That being said, I need to take a look at the positioning of the T-34s, to see if they're covered by some invisible wall in e.g. net object they're under.

There were Three of us all taking shots at the static T-34s there were quite a few that would not die . 

Didn't know about machine gun fire on trucks . But it works from aircraft .

Even so trucks seem harder to kill under cam nets . 

Edit . OK the T-34s under cam netting for some reason wont die .

The Cam net gets destroyed but T-34 wont die even if at point blank range behind T-34 on engine block , Three shots into Tank nothing happens .

Go To T-34 with out cam net same distance same round one shot T-34 is dead and Black . ???? 

Edited by KoN_

LLv34_Temuri
Posted (edited)

Adjusted the value of fighters down to 200. Effective next mission rotation.

On 6/7/2021 at 3:34 PM, KoN_ said:

OK the T-34s under cam netting for some reason wont die

I moved those static tanks a bit so that they wouldn't be under the nets. Is it still the same?

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Rizgar

i was shooting at 4 T-34's under nets just a few mins ago and couldn't destroy any of them, almost as if the shells passed through them.

LLv34_Temuri
1 minute ago, Rizgar said:

i was shooting at 4 T-34's under nets just a few mins ago and couldn't destroy any of them, almost as if the shells passed through them.

Well damn.

13/JG5_Ehrler

Well, thats interesting, because i attacked yesterday these static T-34 at the frontline with 110 and BK 3.7. I wasn´t able to destroy these T-34 from the side (behind them were the nets). Destroying T-34s driven by players, on the other hand, is easy. 

However, the T-34s could be destroyed with pinpoint bombs. 

Maybe the durability value for the tanks doesn't fit?

GOA_Firebird_VR
Posted (edited)

Hello everbody 

I want to formally report one incident that involves the same thing that rotten the environment ( Yeah, the one that is forbiden in this server ) , and despite the bad attitude and some liars in the chat from ( the person ) he refuse to accept that opens fire while hanging the chute after 2 seconds of bail out.

Here is the log of the mission: http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/es/sortie/log/1389400/?tour=41

Guys, we are too old for making this, many times i screw up and i personally bring apologies even here in the forum or individualy with the person and moderators of the server, and more than asking for one apology, i hope that @LLv34_Temuri and @LLv34_Untamo begin to consider this actions seriously , because many players believe that the rules only exist when the members of the server are online or connected, Flight Sim community are better than this.

S! 

Karaya.

kill.png

Edited by GOA_Firebird_

LLv34_Temuri
11 minutes ago, 13/JG5_Ehrler said:

i attacked yesterday these static T-34 at the frontline with 110 and BK 3.7. I wasn´t able to destroy these T-34 from the side

This is a long standing bug:

I think you'll find you're able to destroy the static T-34s with long/multiple bursts from a 20 mm cannon, but not 37 mm. However, the devs have said "There were no problems".

• Thanks 1

13/JG5_Ehrler
Posted (edited)

After a few attacking sorties yesterday, i have some questions about the destroyable objects and there value for the player stats and the influence for the frontline movment calculation. 

Dogouts and bunkers:

That are the differences between them? Dogouts are these square ammo bunkers? Which objects are bunkers then?

Value of tanks:

It seems, that objects like dogouts and bunkers has a bigger value compared to static medium and heavy tanks. Should it not be otherwise, because the heavier tanks a much more difficult to destroy? Why i should attack tanks if dogouts give more points in the stats and has much more influence to the frontline movement? Flying tank busters is useless at the moment.

image.png.085304d93db0b14ac0f0319d672fddce.png

Server performance:

One more question/sugesstion. Usually I am a fighter on your server. But what is extremely annoying are opponents who jerk wildly back and forth in the dogfight. Clean aiming is difficult and sometimes not much fun. 

I'm not sure if this is due to the server's performance or if the high ping settings are too friendly. In any case, I don't have such problems on any of the other large servers, not even on a full LD server when it still existed. Please do something about it. 

Edited by 13/JG5_Ehrler

LLv34_Temuri
5 minutes ago, 13/JG5_Ehrler said:

Why i should attack tanks if dogouts give more points in the stats and has much more influence to the frontline movement?

I think you're on to something here, and the value of tanks could be upped quite a bit.

6 minutes ago, 13/JG5_Ehrler said:

In any case, I don't have such problems on any of the other large servers, not even on a full LD server when it still existed. Please do something about it. 

We are taking steps to overcome this issue.

• Thanks 1

13/JG5_Ehrler
13 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I think you'll find you're able to destroy the static T-34s with long/multiple bursts from a 20 mm cannon, but not 37 mm. However, the devs have said "There were no problems".

Thanks for your response. But whats wondering me is that i absolutly can destroy T-34 offline and these T-34, which are driven by players. Are you trying to tell me that you have reacted to the bug and increased the durability value on your server so that normal objects can no longer be destroyed so easily? Does this also have an influence on the destructibility of the tanks?

LLv34_Temuri
1 minute ago, 13/JG5_Ehrler said:

Thanks for your response. But whats wondering me is that i absolutly can destroy T-34 offline and these T-34, which are driven by players. Are you trying to tell me that you have reacted to the bug and increased the durability value on your server so that normal objects can no longer be destroyed so easily? Does this also have an influence on the destructibility of the tanks?

Most of the tanks we have on the frontline are static tanks. Those have issue with their durability. AI T-34s and player T-34s are different and have no problems. The devs recommend durability value of 15000 on the static T-34s:

However, we have the durability at 3000, and it's still like it is. So, like I have said for a FEW YEARS already: the durability system has been broken since Kuban release.

• Thanks 1

13/JG5_Ehrler
4 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I think you're on to something here, and the value of tanks could be upped quite a bit.

We are taking steps to overcome this issue.

Sounds great, thanks a lot! 🙂

17 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

However, we have the durability at 3000, and it's still like it is. So, like I have said for a FEW YEARS already: the durability system has been broken since Kuban release.

I have started a new attempt to remind the developers of the issue. 

13/JG5_Ehrler
4 hours ago, 13/JG5_Ehrler said:

Dogouts and bunkers:

That are the differences between them? Dogouts are these square ammo bunkers? Which objects are bunkers then?

Did a quick test today, to see what are the differences.

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/de/sortie/log/1389476/?tour=41

I know now, what the dogouts are the ammo bunkers. The bunkers are the "cemented" bunkers. 

But the destroyed bunkers are not counted in ingame in the mission stats, but later on the homepage. It´s a bug from the server or a feature from the devs?

LLv34_Temuri
5 minutes ago, 13/JG5_Ehrler said:

It´s a bug from the server or a feature from the devs?

Oversight from the devs, likely.

In other news, airplanes that can have G-suit, should now have them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Toothpaste-Vibe

It would be cool if for Tankers we can get a stat for live kills.  If you look at our leaderboard the top players are all AI killers - almost zero live kills.  It would be nice to see a stat that separates the AI from live kills: for example 800 total kills/ 300 live kills/500 AI kills.  Thanks all.

• Upvote 1

klaus64

How many tigers  and panthers There are by troops already’ ? 🤔

Ryanair_MilitantPotato
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, GOA_Firebird_ said:

Hello everbody 

You died while jumping out, not under chute like you claimed.  Two seconds after hitting eject I was still firing on your plane. If you want folks to shoot less while bailing, report folks that open their canopy to fake it. Not the guy that shot you down and scored a hit on your pilot by accident while shooting your plane.

Edited by Ryanair_MilitantPotato
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Is the Server Down , it loaded for a few minutes .

Front line was moved then nothing . 

Edited by KoN_

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, GOA_Firebird_ said:

Hello everbody 

I want to formally report one incident that involves the same thing that rotten the environment ( Yeah, the one that is forbiden in this server ) , and despite the bad attitude and some liars in the chat from ( the person ) he refuse to accept that opens fire while hanging the chute after 2 seconds of bail out.

Here is the log of the mission: http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/es/sortie/log/1389400/?tour=41

Guys, we are too old for making this, many times i screw up and i personally bring apologies even here in the forum or individualy with the person and moderators of the server, and more than asking for one apology, i hope that @LLv34_Temuri and @LLv34_Untamo begin to consider this actions seriously , because many players believe that the rules only exist when the members of the server are online or connected, Flight Sim community are better than this.

S! 

Karaya.

kill.png

Considering you strafed my 109 after I crashed (in an attempt to steal the kill from the person that shot me down, not only was I alive I was in friendly territory) you have zero room to be pointing fingers at anyone.

Cheers!

Edited by Denum
  • Thanks 1

GOA_Firebird_VR
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ryanair_MilitantPotato said:

You died while jumping out, not under chute like you claimed.  Two seconds after hitting eject I was still firing on your plane. If you want folks to shoot less while bailing, report folks that open their canopy to fake it. Not the guy that shot you down and scored a hit on your pilot by accident while shooting your plane.

Agreed with you, the pilot was killed in the moment when the chute was opening ( in other words, you open fire agains the pilot outside the plane ).

A dead pilot cant bail out, and dont worry, the whole point here is to meditate about certain conducts that slowly retreat the people to participate in a server or game that have rules respected only by few.

And @Denum, yeah.. i strafed your plane and was very funny at the moment, and to be clear i was noticed that you was alive at that time, i pull the trigger with consence for what i do , just for finish you on the ground. (Tell me if i  commit something wrong that violate the server rules , that happends to me very often ).

Peace!

Edited by GOA_Firebird_
  • Confused 2

JG1_Wittmann

Well,   isn't the bailout sequence  more than 2 seconds ?   I know it takes  awhile.   2 seconds  later,     I think that a lot of players will fire and keep firing until destruction is assured.  I know I do that  when I have the opportunity to get an AC kill.   You add that, to the horrible visibility  in game for quite a few players  and  this complaint seems like  a bit of whining and  not really an accurate representation of what happened.    If you were hanging from a chute,  that would be a different story.   I believe,  LL guys can confirm, that the spirit of the rule is you don't kill someone in a chute.  To me the interpretation for that is  no firing once a chute opens,   the reality is in my case, I'll never see you bail until that chute opens up and I would guess that quite a few other players would be in the same  boat.

12 hours ago, GOA_Firebird_ said:

rotten the environment

It doesn't need to be written in the rules to be considered rotten.

I get strafed after crash landing over 90% of the time. 

You want players to be better it starts with you, the same way it starts with me. 

You want the chance to bail, then people need to stop using it as way of faking people out. 

When I see a 109 canopy come off I don't stop shooting until the player jumps because half the time, they're trying to send the canopy back into you to smash your prop. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Charlo-VR

The other night I struggled to bring my obviously heavily damaged craft from over enemy lines to one of our temporary airfields, after being lost for about 10 minutes over the snowy landscape. It felt great to finally limp down and onto the landing strip.

Then someone strafed and killed me before I could click the end mission button.

I suppose that is within the rules, but it sure felt pretty rotten. 

69th_Mobile_BBQ

I can count many times that my pilot was shot the second his body came out of the cockpit.  Most of the time, it comes down to the fact that it's very hard to see.  Even if the game had perfect graphics to real life, it would still be hard to see.  I never had a problem with it because each time I could see that the pilot wasn't clear of the plane as the enemy kept firing. 

That said, if the pilot IS in fact clear of the plane and you get shot, then there's reason to be mad.  If your feet aren't even 2 inches outside the cockpit and you get wasted, sorry, I don't feel bad for you.

Sometimes G-forces, injury or fatigue can pin a pilot into the seat - even after the canopy blows off.  Even if people do use fake bailouts as a trick, even if they stop, it's not going to change anything concerning how people choose to unload all their ammo into a dying plane. If you need to jump, you take your chances of being shot before you can jump free of the plane. 

Thinking that "chivalry" is going to make other players raise their own standards of behavior is a nice sentiment but, not something you should expect.  If you want to fly a "clean and fair" style, do it for yourself.  If you do it to show others and be an example, that's the quickest way to get ignored.  If you do it just because that's how you really are as a person and pilot, then there might be some who notice and react positively but, the chances of it changing the whole multiplayer culture within the server is almost nil. 

Considering that it's fair to guess 98% of the players on the server follow the rules, (even if they do play right to the edge sometimes) I don't think that it's a big problem. 

I'm more concerned about players that "jitter" through your bullet stream without getting hit and all the planes that I have shot but don't even appear in my sortie logs after the round ends.  There seems to be more of that going on lately than a few months ago.  

35 minutes ago, Charlo-VR said:

The other night I struggled to bring my obviously heavily damaged craft from over enemy lines to one of our temporary airfields, after being lost for about 10 minutes over the snowy landscape. It felt great to finally limp down and onto the landing strip.

Then someone strafed and killed me before I could click the end mission button.

I suppose that is within the rules, but it sure felt pretty rotten. 

I landed a transport plane at a temporary field a couple of sessions ago.  It was a beautiful landing.  I had to avoid traffic taking off and landing and roll on the grass behind the control tower.  Right as I came to a stop, there was a 109 that had a perfect line to fill both of my wing fuel tanks with MG and cannon rounds.  I exploded like a bomb hit me.

Yes. I agree.  It certainly FEELS rotten but, it is allowed by the rules.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

[F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly

hate to be that guy but there's a reason why the admins ask you to report people via PM to them rather then in public.

Also grats on the Axis finally winning something :P

Edited by [F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly
  • Haha 1

LLv34_Temuri
20 hours ago, GOA_Firebird_ said:

I want to formally report one incident that involves the same thing that rotten the environment

LLv34_Untamo
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, [F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly said:

hate to be that guy but there's a reason why the admins ask you to report people via PM to them rather then in public.

This. Very much this.

And because the subject came up, I will now clarify the strafing on the ground:
- Strafing a working airplane on an airfield 👍
- Strafing a downed airplane in the middle of nowhere 👎

The point being:

In the latter case the plane is already lost, no point in shooting at it anymore.

Oh and btw:
There was a threshold of kilometer or two in the advance algorithm (and due to this, the <s report also) before the advance started to show. This was due to the fact that the advance originated from the advancing side's frontline troops icon location, and not from the middle of the lines.
I tuned the advance algorithm (and the <s report) so that there is no more threshold, so any work you do, should now show up immediately as advance. Also increased the reported accuracy by one decimal, so you see the advance by hundreds of meters instead of kilometers.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Some odd stats going on .We Bombed a bridge But no sign of it in stats is this recorded . ?

Also Bridge was back up with 15 minutes is that correct . ? 

Mission ended in flight = death . ? Axis won last map . ? 

LLv34_Temuri
19 minutes ago, KoN_ said:

Some odd stats going on .We Bombed a bridge But no sign of it in stats is this recorded . ?

Also Bridge was back up with 15 minutes is that correct . ? 

Mission ended in flight = death . ? Axis won last map . ? 

It may have been the bridge at the frontline between the two sides. That bridge is set to neutral and thus won't show up in the logs. That bridge will also be repaired after a short time delay.

Ending mission in flight shouldn't result in death. Could you send a link to the sortie.

Axis did win Stalingrad map.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, [F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly said:

Also grats on the Axis finally winning something :P

Must be a sign of the End Times... 😄

LLv34_Temuri
17 minutes ago, Diggun said:

No typhoon till planeset 9 now?? 

Indeed.

216th_Jordan

It now happend the third time to me that I was kicked when I initiated a strong sideslip on landing while dropping my gear on this server. Is there any anti cheat for stuff like that in place or what could be the case? Never had it on another server and internet connection basically never disconnects (gigabit fibre).

Apparently the server crashed, but what a coincidence 🤨

Edited by 216th_Jordan

20 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Indeed.

I see. obviously it's your server, and you don't owe me or anyone else an explanation, but I have to say myself and others are disappointed with this decision. As @-=PHX=-SuperEtendard has pointed out, the Typhoon we have (without engine mods etc.) is a mid 1943 aircraft, and already being used for ground attack during that time. I can understand not wanting to move it any further forward in the planesets, as I had suggested in my post on the previous page, but even if we are talking purely about issues of balance, planeset 8 seems a natural fit for it given that:

- Planeset 8 sees the Axis get the 190A6, a mid 1943 fast fighter, with very considerable ground attack capabilities. The Typhoon would be a natural 'balance' to this aircraft, as indeed it was intended to be irl, albeit without the 190's capabilities at altitude

- in Planeset 8 the Axis have access to 6 dedicated ground attack aircraft (ju-87, hs-129, 110-g2, ju-88, he111-h6, he111-16), along with the aforementioned considerable ground attack abilities of the 190A6. This 'balances' poorly with the Allied sides options of 5 dedicated ground attack aircraft (il2-42, 2x pe2s, A-20 and PO-2 - which hardly counts I think). The Allies do get the p-47d22, which can't really be described as a fast attack aircraft I think (more of a slug for masochists!), though I will concede that the p-38 is a very effective ground attacker.

However, just because there are more ground attack options overall for the Allied side doesn't mean there are more ground attack pilots. The inclusion of the Typhoon doesn't mean that you'd suddenly magically have 4x Misfit's flying P-38 strike missions and ANOTHER 4x Misfits flying Typhoons - there are only 4 of us, so we would have to make tactical decisions about which aircraft to use for which sorties, much as was done in real life. Options are good, create a more varied and challenging environment for everyone (and more different things for dedicated Axis players to shoot at...).

Anyway, like I say, you owe me nothing, and I'm not expecting this to convince you of anything, but it's just my two pennies worth.

Cracking server anyway, keep up the good work.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 4