Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

LLv34_Untamo

Marthelius

Hi everyone, just a small question regarding stats pages, I have been wondering why score awards for static t34s are low compared to other targets. When you get a static t35 under a camo net, you recieve 5 points for the tank and 25 points for the net which is a little bit odd for me. Check this sortie for example: http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/1425549/?tour=41

Is this working as intended? If yes, that's fine, but I also wonder whether destroying these static tanks have minimal impact on frontline movements as well. I would appreciate any pointers on which targets to prioritize so that I can make most meaningful impact on the frontline.

JG1_Wittmann

Any1 else having an issue where the download for the mission doesn't happen and the game locks up for finnish ?     Tried combat box after a reboot, joined fine, retried finnish,  hangs

LLv34_Untamo
6 hours ago, JG1_Wittmann said:

Any1 else having an issue where the download for the mission doesn't happen and the game locks up for finnish ?     Tried combat box after a reboot, joined fine, retried finnish,  hangs

This seems to be a common issue with our server. The remedy: remove the contents of the <gamefolder>\data\Multiplayer\moscowwb folder and try again.

PootyPatrol

BEST LIVE KILL TANKERS thru 25JUN.  Must be top 40 overall performance.  Must have over 100 Medium Tank kills. No particular order.

Player 728128: 15 Heavy/158 Medium/7 Light

Klaus: 9 Heavy/121 Medium/1 Light

Chaintong:  13 Heavy/123 Medium/2 Light

Shampoo Actual: 27 Heavy/150 Medium/6 Light

If you see these players in the game, they are the sharks.....you are surfing AI, and they are looking for dinner. 

Have fun.

• Sad 2

CCG_Pips

Hello !!!

Any trouble with the server ? still down from several hours.....😪

LLv34_Untamo
1 hour ago, CCG_Pips said:

Hello !!!

Any trouble with the server ? still down from several hours.....😪

It was down for several hours, but is up again now.

• Like 1

Eeafanas

Why was I banned from the discord server and for how long?

LLv34_Temuri
1 minute ago, Eeafanas said:

Why was I banned from the discord server and for how long?

I told you twice to stop trolling. You didn't listen. For eternity.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Eeafanas
13 часов назад, LLv34_Temuri сказал:

I told you twice to stop trolling. You didn't listen. For eternity.

but it was not trolling, but a statement of facts...

239FEEC2-9015-418C-844E-E114E86FF1CC.jpeg

+ it was necessary to ban members of simg who were engaged in real trolling.  You have double standards, gentlemen administrators)

Edited by Eeafanas

[U99]OttoU99

Best server
 Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Capturing the flag (bridge), destroying the base of artillery, equipment, tanks.
We're out of ammo, but also ...
capture of the Sherman tank) ..
What a twist)!
military intelligence. Finnish VirtualPilots . A la guerre comme à la guerre/ squad [U99]/My Online.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

LLv34_Temuri

After next mission rotation, the frontline tankspawns should have a separate RRR truck with maintenance radius is set to 1000 m.

• Upvote 3

LLv34_Untamo

S!

Gunners (vehicle occupants that didn't spawn the vehicle) attention:
If you have been idle kicked while on a sortie, please let me know, with a link to the sortie in stats if you can, or a timestamp that points me to a correct point in time so I can find it in the server logs and debug the cause.

• Upvote 1

brahguevara

Any chance of refreshing the 3 af spawn system 
As in why slow planes with two engines to start up only allowed at "bomber afs" 
I kinda think the bomber af concept is kinda meh 
also the first set the 110 g-2 is top tier for sure so imo it should only spawn from the "bomber"/rear afs
And its better to just spawn really good planes at the back, which I think includes bombers early war
but mid late war move them forward, and spawn some of the more op fighters at the back instead 

• Upvote 1

Carl_infar

hi,

i made 2 sorties in a sherman in Q3 2021 seazon, but in stats no coalition is shown for those.

(it was ok in Q2 of 2021 and the sorties were correctly assigned to faction I was flying/driving).

Also the shots are not registraded, but the kills are

( i mean  my gun shots and type of ammo, but kills frotunately are)

They are recorded - be sure to select tour 42 (if by any chance like me you have a bookmark in your browser)

LLv34_Temuri
3 hours ago, Carl_infar said:

hi,

i made 2 sorties in a sherman in Q3 2021 seazon, but in stats no coalition is shown for those.

(it was ok in Q2 of 2021 and the sorties were correctly assigned to faction I was flying/driving).

I don't remember now if you need multiple tank sorties for the favorite coalition to be marked.

In other news, the Split Personas by Plane Type stats mod is now in use on the server. Check Enigma's video for explanation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj4xs7P9uH0

CountZero
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I don't remember now if you need multiple tank sorties for the favorite coalition to be marked.

It would count even 1 , but something is not working correctly after last change, dont know what got changed but you can see on stats for any other tank player that numbers dont match for coalitions, speciality, sorties and so on... was working ok few days ago.

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/tankman/21246/SNDSandalio/?tour=42

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/tankman/9089/JG1_Wittmann/?tour=42

Looking at http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/tankman_sorties/1580/Carl_infar/?tour=41&page=5 stats from last month for total sorties it shows 26, but in Coalitions and Specialty it shows correctly 94 total sorties, and thats exactly 362% of 26, and looking at sorties list it seams total sorties counts only damaged or killed sorties, thats 26 in total it didnt count sorties that finished normaly.

I would check report.py and see if there is :

if is_player:   

left in line 315 ( i remenber i removed that line so all tank sorties count correctly, and not only where tank is damaged or destroyed as sorties status) .

also:
        if self.parent:
            self.parent.used_cartridges -= self.used_cartridges
            self.parent.used_shells -= self.used_shells
            self.parent.used_bombs -= self.used_bombs
            self.parent.used_rockets -= self.used_rockets

should be removed , lines 830-834 in og file

I think error happends when disco mod is applayed after tank mod, because disco mod files are ment for og stats they have this lines that are removed for tank mod, so if they are not again removed after disco mod, they can stay in report.py.

Edited by CountZero
  • Upvote 1

=FEW=Revolves
42 minutes ago, CountZero said:

It would count even 1 , but something is not working correctly after last change, dont know what got changed but you can see on stats for any other tank player that numbers dont match for coalitions, speciality, sorties and so on... was working ok few days ago.

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/tankman/21246/SNDSandalio/?tour=42

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/tankman/9089/JG1_Wittmann/?tour=42

Uff I think I remember this bug :)

report.py seems to have those changes, it's just update_general in stats_whore.py that was missing the following clause in the first if condition:

if not new_sortie.is_not_takeoff or new_sortie.aircraft.cls_base == 'tank':
        player.sorties_total += 1
        flight_time_add = new_sortie.flight_time

(there was no "or"). My monkey patch didn't have those changes in the bundle :(

Anyways I've got a fix, I'll publish an update soon (I've sent the updated stats_whore.py to Temuri)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

=[V]P=vad-asz

Hi!

Can't connect to the server, downloading files all the time.

Hey,
I'm having the same issue. I've been trying for the last 30 min and even deleted the  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Multiplayer\moscowwb"but it's not working.

LLv34_Temuri
On 7/2/2021 at 11:58 AM, Carl_infar said:

hi,

Also the shots are not registraded, but the kills are

( i mean  my gun shots and type of ammo, but kills frotunately are)

Applied latest changes from Revolves and coalition should now be shown correctly.

• Thanks 1

=FEW=Revolves

Well unfortunately only for future sorties.

If needed I can make a small script to make it retroactive :<

CountZero
16 hours ago, =FEW=Revolves said:

Well unfortunately only for future sorties.

If needed I can make a small script to make it retroactive :<

Thanks for extra stuff you added to stats withlast update, best player resout per airplane looks good, and i like ammo aditions.

• Upvote 1

[U99]OttoU99

"Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War".  On the ground and in the air.

216th_Jordan

Spit 14 with .50 cals and mirror is categorized as attack plane - should that be that way?

LLv34_Temuri
5 hours ago, 216th_Jordan said:

Spit 14 with .50 cals and mirror is categorized as attack plane - should that be that way?

No. It’s a bug in the stats mod. Revolves has a fix for it, but I haven’y yet had the time to apply the fix.

Edit: Fix is now applied. Not retroactive.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Thanks 1

Enigma89

So many new players lost lately, so threw this together that is specific to Finnish. I went ahead and showed what all the objectives looked like so it should be clear you know when you reach your destination. Video is intended to complement the other videos on the same subject, just tailored it more for Finnish. The additional videos are in description.

JG4_Deciman

Nice Video, but...

On navigation you are missing some very important aspects

and other aspects are not correct...

The 'not correct' aspects are:

Mentioning true/indicated airspeed for navigation with the mission planner.

In the mission planner ALL calculations (distance, course) and used inputs (speed)

are made _directly_ on the map flying at sea level and ignoring any weather...

So speed used and entered (!) here is 'speed over ground'

Course shown here is the direct course without any influence by wind.

Flying a course (assuming you fly at sea level)

and having wind from the directly from the left would mean you'ld have to fly a course heading more to the right

and having wind from the directly from the front would mean you'ld have a lower speed over ground

In addition:

Flying at different altitudes than 'sea level' would also mean your 'speed over ground' has changed from the 'indicated air speed' you see in the cockpit

And temperature also affects the 'speed over ground'

For the 'basics' (finding distance, heading and time to fly) that will do

and with some experience you'll be able to correct time and heading by a short guess (more left or right - less time - more time)

and the possibility to check your current position by landmarks (and adjust your guess)  you'll reach your target.

But if you try to fly a track in 5km height

following several waypoints

with wind and lower temperatures (and that's normal in higher altitudes)

without having sight to landmarks

and relying on the flight plan

you'll _never_ reach your target...

Deci

Enigma89
1 hour ago, JG4_Deciman said:

Nice Video, but...

On navigation you are missing some very important aspects

and other aspects are not correct...

The 'not correct' aspects are:

Mentioning true/indicated airspeed for navigation with the mission planner.

In the mission planner ALL calculations (distance, course) and used inputs (speed)

are made _directly_ on the map flying at sea level and ignoring any weather...

So speed used and entered (!) here is 'speed over ground'

Course shown here is the direct course without any influence by wind.

Flying a course (assuming you fly at sea level)

and having wind from the directly from the left would mean you'ld have to fly a course heading more to the right

and having wind from the directly from the front would mean you'ld have a lower speed over ground

In addition:

Flying at different altitudes than 'sea level' would also mean your 'speed over ground' has changed from the 'indicated air speed' you see in the cockpit

And temperature also affects the 'speed over ground'

For the 'basics' (finding distance, heading and time to fly) that will do

and with some experience you'll be able to correct time and heading by a short guess (more left or right - less time - more time)

and the possibility to check your current position by landmarks (and adjust your guess)  you'll reach your target.

But if you try to fly a track in 5km height

following several waypoints

with wind and lower temperatures (and that's normal in higher altitudes)

without having sight to landmarks

and relying on the flight plan

you'll _never_ reach your target...

Deci

This is why I mentioned to make a flight plan that has validation points along the way. Without it you are just flying with a hope and dream so that is why I suggested to make heading lines that hit some points so you can re-orientate as you go. But thanks for making those notes. 

Matasiete

Hello, first I want to congratulate you for the server is excellent. I am only a tank player, I think that the arrangement of the respawn, front lines, the CP and the incorporation of the RRR truck is perfect. The atmosphere and the tension in the fight between tanks of players is very good. I want to add some ideas that I think can help to generate better armored confrontations without altering the respawns and distances that are perfect. The idea is to give more value to the conservation of the CP, almost desisivo in resolution of the battle, sometimes reaching the objective on the ground is more decisive than dedicating yourself to annihilate the enemy force. Giving more value to the CP will make the tanks come together to fight for it and increase the encounters between armored vehicles. They could also consider putting a second RRR truck on the front line so it would speed up refills and repairs to get back into the fight, without modifying spawn distances. Thanks, best regard.

• Upvote 1

ATAG_SKUD

Here is a great tool for compensating for wind drift. It also gives you an easy reference to set your bombsight offset angle.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/36125-wind-compensation-calculator-v-14/

I use it together with the missionplanner map and the visual references to navigate with. If you really want to fly in bad weather where visual references are spotty then using the stop watch and this

http://mye6b.com/e6b.html#_welcome

are recommended.

I run all three programs on an old laptop off to the side of my flight sim monitor, so I can keep on track with a side glance instead of fiddling with a keyboard. I also set  my flight over several distinct landmarks as waypoints and make precise turns over them using the compensator's "new" heading at each leg. It usually puts me within 1-3 degrees of the target on my last turn.

As I repeatedly requested before, I wish BoX had tuneable nav beacons so we could truly fly blind. Then maybe IL2missionplanner could add a feature to show beacon positions and frequencies then a feature to find your position by entering in the bearing to two different beacons.

:salute:

skud

Edited by ATAG_SKUD
clarity

What did they use to build P-40s? :o:

image.png.6a389ef3344e08fdba194735dbaab1ec.png

Until very lucky pilot snipe i think.

Or is this something very common? but i have to say that sometimes it was easier to down il2 than this (even with just spaghetti)!

NightFighter

Does anyone when the time of day on the server turns to night or late dusk? I would like to fly some night / dark missions but I have not ever seen one when I log on (Evening Pacific Coast). At what time would I have to join the server to fly under these conditions? Thanks.

• Upvote 1

LLv34_Untamo
16 hours ago, NightFighter said:

Does anyone when the time of day on the server turns to night or late dusk? I would like to fly some night / dark missions but I have not ever seen one when I log on (Evening Pacific Coast). At what time would I have to join the server to fly under these conditions? Thanks.

The time of day at each start of mission is randomized between two values (minimum and maximum). We keep them so, that you only get dawn / dusk, no total darkness.

• Thanks 2

JG1_Wittmann

Any ETA on the Finnish Server coming back online ?

LLv34_Untamo
2 hours ago, JG1_Wittmann said:

Any ETA on the Finnish Server coming back online ?

It's now back up.

-SF-Disarray
On 7/15/2021 at 3:06 PM, Amyel said:

What did they use to build P-40s? :o:

image.png.6a389ef3344e08fdba194735dbaab1ec.png

Until very lucky pilot snipe i think.

Or is this something very common? but i have to say that sometimes it was easier to down il2 than this (even with just spaghetti)!

The bulk of the hits there are AP rounds. AP rounds don't do much of anything in the DM because the devs hated AP rounds for some reason.

III/JG52_Al-Azraq

First and foremost, thanks for this great server. We enjoy flying on it a lot!

We have one question/suggestion though: we used to attack depots and train stations but after attacking the frontlines yesterday, we noticed that you achieve way more advance by attacking the frontlines than attacking rear targets. I know that in this server each building and unit have some points attached to it and you move the front by destroying them and scoring more points so the rear target units may have less points assigned.

We are ok with it, as attacking rear target could be easier as they are usually less protected but would it be possible to assign them other consecuencies upon their destruction? Like destroy this depot and leave the enemy without 500 kg. bombs, or without 150 octane fuel, DC engine for the K-4, etc.