Jump to content

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War


LLv34_Untamo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Roland_HUNter
2 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

 

Yes ;) ... It's a game bug, that manifests itself on our server more than it does on others (or so I have been told). We don't know the cause (we have only theories), otherwise we would have already fixed it. But every time it happens (when you KNOW that it happens), before finishing your flight and reconnecting, please take a short in-game recording (Ctrl+R by default) and send it to the devs as a bug report. This is the only way the devs can get to fixing it.

Thank you for the answer! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Untamo

Related to the C-47 / Li-2 announcement, please upvote this:


Would be great if we could credit the one dropping the paratroopers for their deed.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again got invidible plane bug. 30+ minutes lostūüėĖ.

First got shot down¬†in supply He 111. Then took 109 from field. Forgot to wait and see if others also starting. Then circling over frontline and after seeing Aaa shooting nothing - did discoūüėĖ.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Untamo
12 hours ago, JLean said:

Again got invidible plane bug. 30+ minutes lostūüėĖ.

First got shot down¬†in supply He 111. Then took 109 from field. Forgot to wait and see if others also starting. Then circling over frontline and after seeing Aaa shooting nothing - did discoūüėĖ.

 

 

Did you record a track and send it to the devs? (Even after that failed sortie would be good, since you're still having the bug.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No...I did not understood to record anything maybe next time. I did not had this issue before end April / beginning of May. Now it happens every 5-10 times when I am logging into serve. Based on the server chat others are also suffering the same bug. At least one other player is always complaining this during an evening play session.

 

When the bug exists you cannot hear nor see any other players planes (both teams). 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, JLean said:

No...I did not understood to record anything maybe next time. I did not had this issue before end April / beginning of May. Now it happens every 5-10 times when I am logging into serve. Based on the server chat others are also suffering the same bug. At least one other player is always complaining this during an evening play session.

 

When the bug exists you cannot hear nor see any other players planes (both teams). 

 

 

This Bug has been around for quite some time I think this is the only server in which this happens .

Could this have some thing to do with the ground vehicles or a certain Map  . 

The way to combat this is to pick AF with lots of players sit in cockpit and wait for for someone to join .

Or fly Air start and see if you can spot anyone on your supply run . Ask in chat if anyone is near your position ask for lights ect . 

If no joy restart your server game . No need to fully exit il-2 just restart your server . 

Edited by KoN_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heliopause

Had it a couple of times some months ago. Lately the invic bug doesn't seem to happen to me anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

III/JG52_Otto_-I-
Posted (edited)

84 slots seems not enough,  we join 4 pilots for flying in a "Schwarm" but only one of them could join to the server. we had to wait almost half an hour, for some pilots come out, to be able to fly together 

Is there any way to increase the number of server slots to 100 or 120 slots?  
image.thumb.png.ea85400d2d9c4d22f166faf0f31cfe16.png

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CountZero
1 hour ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

84 slots seems not enough,  we join 4 pilots for flying in a "Schwarm" but only one of them could join to the server. we had to wait almost half an hour, for some pilots come out, to be able to fly together 

Is there any way to increase the number of server slots to 100 or 120 slots?  
image.thumb.png.ea85400d2d9c4d22f166faf0f31cfe16.png

Only devs can make it more then 84, and i doubt we gona see more then 84 in this game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decoy_Raven

Sounds really interesting, my ping should be really good as well as I live near FIN.

But I need some practice before getting into PvP (just got the game), do you have any offline version against AI or suggestions on how to practice?

A bit bouncy / rough landings in the Spitfire and it seems I'm also a bit reckless with the engine, often overheating. But what I absolutely need to practice is navigation and identification (it's really hard to ID in VR, even though I know what I'm supposed to look for). I don't want to join the server and ruin it for my team by teamkilling or flying off into nowhere, running out of fuel and wasting resources.

Also, about the planesets. Let's say I join the server and it's planeset 1, do I have to wait 4 days IRL before I can start flying the Spitfire?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

III/JG52_Otto_-I-
20 hours ago, CountZero said:

i doubt we gona see more then 84 in this game. 

As i said in my previous post we had one of my squadmates inside, and we stay three of us waiting queue for enter in the server about half an hour. ..after that, surely more people stayed waiting queue outside, or choosed other server.
Today, there is enought people for flying together in MMO mode, with more than 100 pilots in same server, at least in peak hours..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CountZero
2 hours ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

As i said in my previous post we had one of my squadmates inside, and we stay three of us waiting queue for enter in the server about half an hour. ..after that, surely more people stayed waiting queue outside, or choosed other server.
Today, there is enought people for flying together in MMO mode, with more than 100 pilots in same server, at least in peak hours..

Its nothing new, there was always waiting lines on popular servers in peak times, only thing that changes is server that is popular. But numbers of players online didnt changed mutch last few years from what i see. If you look i bet youll fined suggestions or complains abot small slot numbers, your just asking wrong people to do anything about it.

 

More than 84 is likely not going to happen. I need a dedicated net code programmer and they are in short supply and the way we model things may always be incongruent with so many users. I prefer to try and make 84 players at a time as solid as possible at this point. This something I'd like to change for a future engine, but how that will happen is still unknown. 

 

Jason

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dresamAsam71

Good Morning.

 I have tried to enter the server, but after loading files and starting the mission start screen, the server takes me out of the game and sends me to the desktop.  I have no problems on other servers.

 Any solution.

 Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Untamo
9 hours ago, dresamAsam71 said:

Good Morning.

 I have tried to enter the server, but after loading files and starting the mission start screen, the server takes me out of the game and sends me to the desktop.  I have no problems on other servers.

 Any solution.

 Thanks.

 

When this happens, remove the contents of <game_folder>\data\Multiplayer\moscowwb folder and try again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

315_R2r
On 5/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, LLv34_Untamo said:

 

Did you record a track and send it to the devs? (Even after that failed sortie would be good, since you're still having the bug.)

Just have it on your server...

where is the section for that on the forum, found only invisible objects - kind of different topic there...

Here is my track - not long though ūüėĄ

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdm1mzaxusoxjk9/dogfight.2021-06-01_23-01-50_01.trk.7z?dl=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SvAF/F16_lassekongo

I want to again suggest that the 110 g2 should be placed in set 4 or 5. The reason is that the blue side really needs its only fast attack aircraft earlier than set 6 to equal out the odds before the me410 shows up. Now that red have the typhoon and along this the potent frontline killers that are the Il2:s the only ‚ÄĚeffective‚ÄĚ frontline attacker is the 110. In the earlier set system the 110 g2 were up against the yak 9, LA5 S8, p39 which are all potent aircraft in the right hands to deal with the 110g2. Just a suggestion i hope more people here want to give their opinion on :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Diggun
Posted (edited)

Hi Fine Finnish Friends!

 

I've been very excited by the release of the Typhoon (much like everyone else i suspect), and wondered if you had thought about possibly introducing it a planeset earlier than you have indicated in the graph on your website? Now we know the range of available mods for the Tiffy, I think there's a case to be made here. 

 

If you moved it into Planeset 7, you could reflect the changes and upgrades that took place during the combat life of the Typhoon 1b like this:

 

Planeset 7 - All mods locked, pure fighter mode, 3 bladed prop. Countering the 190 A5 as it was intended to.

Planeset 8 - 4 bladed prop unlocked, but everything else locked, pure fighter.

Planeset 9 - 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, single set of Mk1 rails rockets unlocked, everything else locked. - representing the period based in England but attacking over the channel.

Planeset 10 - Dome dust deflector locked ON. 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, single set Mk1 rails unlocked, additional armour unlocked, everything else locked. Early post invasion setup.

Planeset 11 - Dome dust deflector locked ON, additional armour locked ON. 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, 1000lb bombs unlocked, single set Mk1 rails unlocked, double set Mk1 rails unlocked, additional armour unocked, gunsight unlocked. engine upgrade and Mk3 rockets locked.

Planeset 12 - Dome dust deflector locked ON, additional armour locked ON, everything else unlocked.

 

What do you reckon?

 

best wishes,

 

Diggun

Edited by Diggun
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CountZero
51 minutes ago, Diggun said:

Hi Fine Finnish Friends!

 

I've been very excited by the release of the Typhoon (much like everyone else i suspect), and wondered if you had thought about possibly introducing it a planeset earlier than you have indicated in the graph on your website? Now we know the range of available mods for the Tiffy, I think there's a case to be made here. 

 

If you moved it into Planeset 7, you could reflect the changes and upgrades that took place during the combat life of the Typhoon 1b like this:

 

Planeset 7 - All mods locked, pure fighter mode, 3 bladed prop. Countering the 190 A5 as it was intended to.

Planeset 8 - 4 bladed prop unlocked, but everything else locked, pure fighter.

Planeset 9 - 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, single set of Mk1 rails rockets unlocked, everything else locked. - representing the period based in England but attacking over the channel.

Planeset 10 - Dome dust deflector locked ON. 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, single set Mk1 rails unlocked, additional armour unlocked, everything else locked. Early post invasion setup.

Planeset 11 - Dome dust deflector locked ON, additional armour locked ON. 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, 1000lb bombs unlocked, single set Mk1 rails unlocked, double set Mk1 rails unlocked, additional armour unocked, gunsight unlocked. engine upgrade and Mk3 rockets locked.

Planeset 12 - Dome dust deflector locked ON, additional armour locked ON, everything else unlocked.

 

What do you reckon?

 

best wishes,

 

Diggun

109F4 shows up in set 3 and is able to carry bombs imidiatly, 190s also no limits, why should Typhoon be differant.

If you go this way of making plansets then you have to apply it to other prop fighters same way, plansets how they look now are ment to be balanced more then historical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dogefighter

Also could you move Spit IX down a set so that it gets introduced at the same time as the A-5. Currently the IX gets introduced in set 8 which seems a tad late.¬†ūüėÖ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CountZero
2 minutes ago, dogefighter said:

Also could you move Spit IX down a set so that it gets introduced at the same time as the A-5. Currently the IX gets introduced in set 8 which seems a tad late.¬†ūüėÖ

spit9 is to op vs a5 or g6, whats the point of set 7 and 8 then if you add it in 7 also

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CountZero said:

109F4 shows up in set 3 and is able to carry bombs imidiatly, 190s also no limits, why should Typhoon be differant.

But at the same time G6 cannot equip 30mm for 2 initial sets, g6 late got no access to MW50 - which is kinda odd when looking at P47 available with 150 octane fuel from the very start.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Diggun
15 minutes ago, CountZero said:

plansets how they look now are ment to be balanced more then historical.

Actually they are supposed to be a balance of both. My suggestion was to attempt to reflect the evolution of the Typhoon from a pure fighter to an attack aircraft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56RAF_Stickz
1 hour ago, Diggun said:

Hi Fine Finnish Friends!

 

I've been very excited by the release of the Typhoon (much like everyone else i suspect), and wondered if you had thought about possibly introducing it a planeset earlier than you have indicated in the graph on your website? Now we know the range of available mods for the Tiffy, I think there's a case to be made here. 

 

If you moved it into Planeset 7, you could reflect the changes and upgrades that took place during the combat life of the Typhoon 1b like this:

 

Planeset 7 - All mods locked, pure fighter mode, 3 bladed prop. Countering the 190 A5 as it was intended to.

Planeset 8 - 4 bladed prop unlocked, but everything else locked, pure fighter.

Planeset 9 - 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, single set of Mk1 rails rockets unlocked, everything else locked. - representing the period based in England but attacking over the channel.

Planeset 10 - Dome dust deflector locked ON. 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, single set Mk1 rails unlocked, additional armour unlocked, everything else locked. Early post invasion setup.

Planeset 11 - Dome dust deflector locked ON, additional armour locked ON. 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, 1000lb bombs unlocked, single set Mk1 rails unlocked, double set Mk1 rails unlocked, additional armour unocked, gunsight unlocked. engine upgrade and Mk3 rockets locked.

Planeset 12 - Dome dust deflector locked ON, additional armour locked ON, everything else unlocked.

 

What do you reckon?

 

best wishes,

 

Diggun

One trouble with that - you cannot lock mods on. And from mission editor not entirely sure that it can have the two bomb loads locked out at all (its not a mod - its part of the basic load out - but here I could be wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Diggun
3 minutes ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

you cannot lock mods on

Dang.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do remember that on TAW after selecting plane some mods would be ticked on as defult. And you cannot take off if they are removed. So there must be some kind of a procedure to check it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dogefighter
58 minutes ago, CountZero said:

spit9 is to op vs a5 or g6, whats the point of set 7 and 8 then if you add it in 7 also

It's a bit OP compared to a G6 yes but not against A5. The 190 is faster at all altitudes except at 2km-4km. Wdym what's the point of moving it down a set? A5 vs IX is a perfectly balanced and historical matchup. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG1_Wittmann

I'm  not  much  of a pilot  and don't spend  alot of time on Finnish flying.   With that being said,   I understand  the AC  sets  , and tanks for that matter, are set up  by the admins  to "balance"   out  the sides.    Now I'm not sure  what metrics   they look at to do this, or see if it is working as planned.     For my part,  I look at  1 metric,  campaigns won,   and if you look at the last 2 quarters,  you see it is  Allies 10,   German 1 .   I would say the AC, and Tank  availability  dates could possibly  use  some slight  adjustments.

The 110G2  isn't  way better than the E model,   but it is slightly and not available until set 6.   Not having   any  multi-cannon   armed fighters  until set 5 for German with the A3  is not ideal for flyers wanting to down bomber or attacker AC.  Not counting the MC202 with cannons in wings,   I don't see that flown much.  It does not do well  when it is so slow with the cannons  vs the bombers/attackers.   Now it seems we are on the verge  of a junior tempest entering the fray, and already the allies are clamoring for it to be introduced as early as possible,   some even using the  tricky  historical date argument :)    which if followed would see many, many changes  they would not like.    Why not just make the tempest available in set 1, with all other allied planes?   Now  I do not think  that  the AC  matchups can just be viewed  in a manner that looks only at flying characteristics.  I think some critical thought has to also go into viewing the firepower  availability   of  each sides  AC, and at the end of the day if your AC dominates maneuvering but can't down the attacker/bomber  it's  all for nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56RAF_Stickz
4 hours ago, JG1_Wittmann said:

I'm  not  much  of a pilot  and don't spend  alot of time on Finnish flying.   With that being said,   I understand  the AC  sets  , and tanks for that matter, are set up  by the admins  to "balance"   out  the sides.    Now I'm not sure  what metrics   they look at to do this, or see if it is working as planned.     For my part,  I look at  1 metric,  campaigns won,   and if you look at the last 2 quarters,  you see it is  Allies 10,   German 1 .   I would say the AC, and Tank  availability  dates could possibly  use  some slight  adjustments.

The 110G2  isn't  way better than the E model,   but it is slightly and not available until set 6.   Not having   any  multi-cannon   armed fighters  until set 5 for German with the A3  is not ideal for flyers wanting to down bomber or attacker AC.  Not counting the MC202 with cannons in wings,   I don't see that flown much.  It does not do well  when it is so slow with the cannons  vs the bombers/attackers.   Now it seems we are on the verge  of a junior tempest entering the fray, and already the allies are clamoring for it to be introduced as early as possible,   some even using the  tricky  historical date argument :)    which if followed would see many, many changes  they would not like.    Why not just make the tempest available in set 1, with all other allied planes?   Now  I do not think  that  the AC  matchups can just be viewed  in a manner that looks only at flying characteristics.  I think some critical thought has to also go into viewing the firepower  availability   of  each sides  AC, and at the end of the day if your AC dominates maneuvering but can't down the attacker/bomber  it's  all for nothing.

I fly finnish regularly. Winning a campaign requires flying bombers. Red fly multi a20, pe2 and il2. Spawn on a field and watch em go. Blue mainly flying 109 and 190 instead of he111, ju88 110s (any type) and stukas.

Look at stats for flying hours bombers for both sides then see why one wins. And consider 1 ju88 or 1 he111 has bomb load of 2 pes/a20s. There are squads out there that will do it but they aint there every night (you see the difference when they are) and it reverts to usual.

And shooting a bomber down after its dropped is just enabling them to respawn quicker however many cannons a fighter has.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard
7 hours ago, Diggun said:

Hi Fine Finnish Friends!

 

I've been very excited by the release of the Typhoon (much like everyone else i suspect), and wondered if you had thought about possibly introducing it a planeset earlier than you have indicated in the graph on your website? Now we know the range of available mods for the Tiffy, I think there's a case to be made here. 

 

If you moved it into Planeset 7, you could reflect the changes and upgrades that took place during the combat life of the Typhoon 1b like this:

 

Planeset 7 - All mods locked, pure fighter mode, 3 bladed prop. Countering the 190 A5 as it was intended to.

Planeset 8 - 4 bladed prop unlocked, but everything else locked, pure fighter.

Planeset 9 - 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, single set of Mk1 rails rockets unlocked, everything else locked. - representing the period based in England but attacking over the channel.

Planeset 10 - Dome dust deflector locked ON. 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, single set Mk1 rails unlocked, additional armour unlocked, everything else locked. Early post invasion setup.

Planeset 11 - Dome dust deflector locked ON, additional armour locked ON. 4 bladed prop unlocked, 500lb bombs unlocked, 1000lb bombs unlocked, single set Mk1 rails unlocked, double set Mk1 rails unlocked, additional armour unocked, gunsight unlocked. engine upgrade and Mk3 rockets locked.

Planeset 12 - Dome dust deflector locked ON, additional armour locked ON, everything else unlocked.

 

What do you reckon?

 

best wishes,

 

Diggun


The Typhoon as we have it without mods would be mid 1943 iirc, but they were already used as ground attack by then, so bombs very likely (though not 1000lb ones), later on came the rockets in Mk I rails, but not double stacked.

Early 1944 the four blade prop was introduced (not all planes got it though), a couple months after the 1000lb bombs started being used, in mid 1944 as the Typhoons were based in improvised fields in Normandy some had the dust filter and some had the extra armor, some both ^^, though we don't know how many of them did, Talon found a post in a scale model forum that the armored ones had stencils at the panels indicating the presence of armor plates below. Late in 1944 they started using the double stacked rockets in the Mk I rails, I don't know when the Mk IIIs were introduced. +11 boost would be at roughly same time as Tempests I guess, late 44 or early 45 depending on wether it's upgraded engine kit for 100 oct or 150 octane for the unupgraded engines.

Looking at photos of Typhoons at different timeframes you can find combinations of all of these features:
 

Spoiler


August 1944, both filter and armor, 4 blade prop

1000lbs-bomb-underneath-a-typhoon-fighte

mid June 1944, Normandy field, armor but no filter, 3 blade prop

Ground_crews_loading_3-inch_rocket_proje


upper D Day bands, so I guess June/July 1944?  no filter, no armor stencil visible looks like, 3 blade prop

unknown.png

Only lower bands, so I guess late 1944, four blade prop, filter, no armor stencil.

unknown.png

Late 1944 again, 3 blade prop and no filter

unknown.png


1945 no filter, no armor stencil visible

No--438-Squadron--RCAF--Hawker-Typhoon-M
 


So I would limit the bombs, rockets, prop, armor, filter and boost depending on the timeframe above, but I wouldn't force locked in mods given they weren't 100% utilized for all the planes at any given point. Hurricane doesn't have the filter when some were used like that in the USSR and some 109s too had the tropical filter on the Eastern Front depending on the timeframe / conditions.
 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, a bit of a suggestion.

 

I have noticed, that in the closing minutes of a mission ending/switching, the server becomes very laggy - stuttering planes, missing plane bug (very similar to Arma3 DSynC). I believe that this stuttering/desync is just a result of the same mission being on for so long (is it 3 hrs I believe?).  

 

I also believe that having a mission on for so long, there is a buildup objects which go beyond the server can manage and therefore the server FPS will be dropping close to 0.


2 proposals:


1. Have you ever checked the server FPS during the end of a mission, to see if it is indeed causing the server-wide stuttering?
2. If the server FPS is indeed very low and a likely cause of the server-wide stuttering, would you consider reducing mission time by 30mins so that the users can enjoy a better flying experience towards the end of the mission?

 

Cheers,

 

Tipsi

Edited by Tipsi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When can we deploy Fallshirmjager . Each time i try air-start there is no Para Drops . 

Any idea . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
27 minutes ago, KoN_ said:

When can we deploy Fallshirmjager . Each time i try air-start there is no Para Drops . 

Any idea . 

They are available at the "rear" airfields.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13/JG5_Luck

What happened to the finish & Loose Deuce server. It's offline?

 

Thx for a short statement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
12 hours ago, 13/JG5_Luck said:

What happened to the finish & Loose Deuce server. It's offline?

 

Thx for a short statement.

It's offline. It seemed that the need for it dwindled down.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13/JG5_Ehrler
Posted (edited)

It is a pity that the Sever was not accepted by the community. I don't understand it either, because the performance of the LD server was much much better. 

 

Edit:

Did you compared the server equipments? Maybe you can use a similar for yours. 

Edited by 13/JG5_Ehrler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

315_R2r
On 6/2/2021 at 7:15 AM, LLv34_Untamo said:

See the developers answer please, they redirect me to the server holders ūüėĄ ūüėĄ

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[U99]OttoU99

6.6.6.time
Tomorrow is June 6th.
The Allied operation began on June 6, 1944 (D-Day) with a landing of 156,000 soldiers on the Normandy coast and was carried out in two main phases.
Landing in Normandy Operation Neptune was the first part of the strategic Operation Overlord.


Is it possible to temporarily make server settings - only tanks can be left for killed pilots. Airplanes should be left only to live pilots.
What ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...