Tactical Air War

WokeUpBlue
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Norz said:

True true true. I forget to mention Yak9, Yak9T.

Just my own opinion: 109g2 is better (in some aspects) but i am totally OK to play Yak1b, Yak7b, Yak9, Yak9t, La5F vs 109g2. So, again, your notice about 90% is totally wrong.

I'm pretty sure the Yak 1b is the fastest yak available, but now we're quibbling over details. 90%, 80%, 75%, whatever, most of the time the reds are in slower but more manoeuvrable planes and have developed tactics accordingly. Most campaigns the reds get shot down more often and have fewer fighter pilots in the top 10, but it's rarely the type of disparity that we're seeing now; the reds have figured out how to keep it competitive and close in the air and win on the ground.

Pure speed is an insurmountable advantage only in a duel on an empty map where you start off with equal energy states. In TAW (or almost any other server) there are so many other factors that could help you: initial energy state, surprise, team-mates, friendly aa, etc.

I fly mostly red but I fly enough blue to know that there's a different mentality and skill-set you need for fast vs manoeuvrable planes. In fast planes the most important thing is discipline, in manoeuvrable planes the most important thing is dog-fighting skills. It's harder to go from fast to manoeuvrable planes than vice versa, that's why blues are struggling in their E7s vs MiGs.

Edited by WokeUpDead
grammar
  • Upvote 4
=2ndSS=Lawyer1

Flying in the minority on slow planes is what the red team has been doing for the past few seasons. Especially on the first maps.

The blue pilots, who never change sides, can now feel how hard it is to win in such conditions.

I think this is a very useful campaign that allows you to get an unusual experience when the parties have changed characteristics, without changing their color)

• Upvote 8
=19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor
4 часа назад, Norz сказал:

Maybe there? (it is relevant for your text "i160+p40 vs 109e7") and what we had on the maps 1, 2. (Mig3 vs 109e7)

Check the picture below.

What's wrong with my post, where I stood up for the blue? It seemed to me a sensible idea to do, as in the old taw. Let me remind you that there, on the second map, the emil flew freely against the migs and no one cried. Or do you just want to find fault with something?

== RuTranslate ==

Скрытый текст

Что не так в моём посту, где я заступился за синих?
Мне показалась здравой мысль, чтобы сделать, как на старом таве.
Напомню, тебе, что там, на второй карте эмиль свободно летал против мигов и никто не плакал.
Или тебе просто хочется к чему-то придраться?

Norz
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

What's wrong with my post, where I stood up for the blue? It seemed to me a sensible idea to do, as in the old taw. Let me remind you that there, on the second map, the emil flew freely against the migs and no one cried. Or do you just want to find fault with something?

The idea a base Mig3 vs a base 109e7 is wrong.

You said before i16 + p40 vs 109e7. I said that your new proposal making it worse.

Spoiler

Еше раз, по русски.

Старый ТАВ, первая карта, 109е7 против и16 и п40 плюс макака, вторая карта, появляется у красных еще Ми3 и у синих 109ф2. Ограничений по бронеспинке нет.

Твое предложение - снять с 109е7 плиту. Где и при каком стечении обстоятельств это становится похожим на старые 1 и 2 карту? Первя и основная проблема - базовый Миг3 против базового 109е7. 

У меня вопрос. Работа связана с технической специальностью? Ну я не знаю, простые вычисления как то среднее арифметическое, медиана. Это же совсем просто посчитать и прикинуть, что может изменится.

Edited by Norz
Ysko

Guys is it possible to delete old account and make a new one ? i want to change planeset and every next account i make its locked

CSW_Hot_Dog
52 minutes ago, Ysko said:

Guys is it possible to delete old account and make a new one ? i want to change planeset and every next account i make its locked

Not possible, you can only create second account for opposite site...

=TH=Denisik

Well, now the Blue pilots have F2 on an ongoing basis, has something changed ?!

Maybe you just have to try to destroy ground targets, and the game will go differently?

In prime time, it plays 40 to 40, and you can see the result yourself. Until the blue side starts working on the ground, the red ones will put pressure even on U2.

It was on the ground that the blue side lost to 2 previous companies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Wish we'd get the D-5. 1500HP, larger wings and better armor. No dive breaks (these are for cowards)

• Haha 1
Norz
1 hour ago, =TH=Denisik said:

Well, now the Blue pilots have F2 on an ongoing basis, has something changed ?!

Maybe you just have to try to destroy ground targets, and the game will go differently?

In prime time, it plays 40 to 40, and you can see the result yourself. Until the blue side starts working on the ground, the red ones will put pressure even on U2.

It was on the ground that the blue side lost to 2 previous companies.

just answer for your question:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie

Pict

A quick question...I've re-read the manual till I'm cross eyed and still don't see it.

What does the "Supply" column on the TAW website map mean?

Supply.JPG.a53e01cb2ccb4372b17f1ad2044c1a46.JPG

JG4_Widukind

First I have to say the Red Team Teamplay is very good. A good Teamplay you can stop only by better Blue Teamplay, and I do not see this coming. 

For invide more Pilots in special Bomber and Ground Attacker they are not flying Figthers,they should have a Bomber or Destroyer Basic Plane. 

And yes that means for both Sides. 

Remamber some Pilots playing for fun and have mayby free time for 1 or 2 Missions on one Day. Mostly in the European Prime Time.

I missing lot of Pilots and Squads here in this new TAW. 

We must invide them, otherwise I see no Future. 

Thx and S! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
=LG=todeskvlt
6 minutes ago, Pict said:

What does the "Supply" column on the TAW website map mean?

Supply level

Pict
2 minutes ago, =LG=todeskvlt said:

Supply level

Yes that makes sense and I admit that I'd already sort of suspected that :)

However, if I may rephrase the question slightly...

How does the supply level column fit in to someone looking a the map while planning a supply flight?

JG4_Widukind

Sorry Iam talking not over win or lose this campaign or Maps. Iam talk over the Fun to fly with friends and Squads. 

• Like 4
Pict
1 hour ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Wish we'd get the D-5. 1500HP, larger wings and better armor. No dive breaks (these are for cowards)

Better armed too...2x20mm cannon instead of the 7.7mm peashooters? Bigger bombs too no doubt? When did the D-5 see active service and where?

==============

I would like to see a Pe-3 for similar reasons, no dive breaks, faster and better forward armament plus more fuel for a greater range, at the expense of a smaller bomb load, which if I can easily live with. Pe-3bis would be nice too, but I doubt we will ever see either :) 

KoN_
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Pict said:

Yes that makes sense and I admit that I'd already sort of suspected that :)

However, if I may rephrase the question slightly...

How does the supply level column fit in to someone looking a the map while planning a supply flight?

I've done a few supply runs and had no CP points and i don't understand why . 

You cant supply an AF if its above and below a certain level . 0% or 45% damage .

Can you supply if AF is closed due too over limit . ? 

To successfully conduct airfield resupply, players must take off from an airfield that has sustained less than 40% damage, and successfully land on an airfield damaged more than 0%. Additionally, if a pilot loses all aircraft of one Basic Type, it is possible to regain one aircraft by successfully completing .

Is this saying to supply it has to be damaged more than 0% .??

Edited by KoN_
E69_Falke_Wolf
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JG4_Widukind said:

First I have to say the Red Team Teamplay is very good. A good Teamplay you can stop only by better Blue Teamplay, and I do not see this coming. 

For invide more Pilots in special Bomber and Ground Attacker they are not flying Figthers,they should have a Bomber or Destroyer Basic Plane. 

And yes that means for both Sides. 

Remamber some Pilots playing for fun and have mayby free time for 1 or 2 Missions on one Day. Mostly in the European Prime Time.

I missing lot of Pilots and Squads here in this new TAW. 

We must invide them, otherwise I see no Future. 

Thx and S! 

Completely agree.
Perhaps it is a good idea to give the pilots (red and blue) just ONE advanced plane of each type of their selected line (ONE 110, one Ju88 or one IL-2 or one Pe2) at the beginning of each map. If you lose it, OK, you must get it back using CPs.
But it doesn't seem to make sense to force bomber or attack pilots to fly fighters every time they die.

As TAW is now ...  is it difficult? Yes very much. Goal accomplished.
Is it historical? Not at all... Bomber pilots didn`t fly fighters until they had destroyed a sufficient number of targets (I know some amazing and awarded bomber pilot, RED, who is not flying just because he is forced to fly fighters).

I think very few people are having fun in this edition. Unless you find it fun to destroy an absent enemy. But I'm pretty sure it didn't take that much effort for this.
(Yes, yes, I know that blue pilots must change our strategy. Completely agree. But it is not easy only with fighters and stukas against an almost always much higher number of enemies).
Otherwise, I suppose that in a few maps the red side is flying almost alone.

Edited by E69_Falke_Wolf
  • Upvote 3
Pict
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KoN_ said:

I've done a few supply runs and had no CP points and i don't understand why . 

I might not be the best person to ask or answer this as like you I'm struggling to get it clear in my head just exactly how it works. In total I've done 4 supply runs. 1st one was register but I received no CP, the last 3 all gave +1CP each.

Looking again at the manual there appear to be a few layers of criteria that must be met before CP is gained.

1. Choose the right aircraft with the right load out - see manual.

2. Fly from the right airfield. Manual say "less than 40% damage. I read that as anything from 0%-39% inclusive.

3. Land on the right airfield. Manual says "successfully land on an airfield damaged more than 0%." I read that as 1%-100% inclusive and a good landing, no belly flopping or bent props or what have you :) 

Then they have additional criteria on top of the first 3. that prevent re-supply and relate to event during the mission.

• The airfield is damaged above 85% level in current mission -
  • The airfield was captured by the opposing team in the current mission -
  • Enemy tanks attacking an airfield may destroy its transported supplies -

These may well be the thing that's catching you out?

==================

The supply level is another story and one I would like clarification on.

Edit; Just found a decent example and would like to know how air supply is affected by this part of the manual

"Regardless of the number of resupply flights team members conduct during a single mission, total
airfield resupply levels will increase by no more than 30% per mission."

And this situation on the map where two bases have virtually the same damage level, yet one has 29% supply and the other is at 0%. One is attacked the other is not. 

supply2.JPG.cb3f5ac23de0e23230f9644a74152593.JPG

What is the relationship between, Attacked and Damaged and Supply, particularly from the point of view of planning a successful transport mission?

=====================

The other stupid question I would like to raise is what are the Blue and Red circles on the web page map for? We have 3 maps effectively if we also count the IL2 Mission Planner that we can access by clicking the web page map, (cool feature) and of course the map with IL2 itself. Neither of the latter two have these Blue and Red circles and I don't a key or legend anywhere that explains their meaning?

3 Blue & 1 Red circle in this case.

circles.JPG.f5c8a8785bac3bfb15b34bd6da5e6d78.JPG

Edited by Pict
=LG=Coldman
2 hours ago, Pict said:

I might not be the best person to ask or answer this as like you I'm struggling to get it clear in my head just exactly how it works. In total I've done 4 supply runs. 1st one was register but I received no CP, the last 3 all gave +1CP each.

Looking again at the manual there appear to be a few layers of criteria that must be met before CP is gained.

2. Fly from the right airfield. Manual say "less than 40% damage. I read that as anything from 0%-39% inclusive.

3. Land on the right airfield. Manual says "successfully land on an airfield damaged more than 0%." I read that as 1%-100% inclusive and a good landing, no belly flopping or bent props or what have you :) 

Then they have additional criteria on top of the first 3. that prevent re-supply and relate to event during the mission.

==================

Edit; Just found a decent example and would like to know how air supply is affected by this part of the manual

"Regardless of the number of resupply flights team members conduct during a single mission, total

And this situation on the map where two bases have virtually the same damage level, yet one has 29% supply and the other is at 0%. One is attacked the other is not. 

What is the relationship between, Attacked and Damaged and Supply, particularly from the point of view of planning a successful transport mission?

=====================

The other stupid question I would like to raise is what are the Blue and Red circles on the web page map for? We have 3 maps effectively if we also count the IL2 Mission Planner that we can access by clicking the web page map, (cool feature) and of course the map with IL2 itself. Neither of the latter two have these Blue and Red circles and I don't a key or legend anywhere that explains their meaning?

IMG_20210515_142402.jpg

• Thanks 1
=LG=Blakhart
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:

page 5 

"TAW is not another dogfight server with stats where players merely “have fun with friends;” where missions end without consequence, and players just enjoy their monthly achievements. To regard our server environment in such a way would be to completely misunderstand the TAW concept. Read this manual carefully. Doing so will remove confusion and frustration, and allow you to enjoy the unique experience TAW provides.

The primary goal is to defeat the opposing team by accumulating victory points by protecting friendly ground units seizing and holding terrain, destroying advancing and defending enemy ground units, and destroying enemy planes and pilots.

The importance of reading and understanding the entire manual cannot be over-emphasized. The effort will prevent a great deal of frustration and aggravation. Choose smart tactics for your missions and cooperate with other brave men and women to achieve victory.

Hard and Deadly - Just For You

(...)

Final Reminder: All limitations, rules, and features are intentionally implemented to create a unique server environment, invoke player emotions, and provide intense gameplay, for the purpose of engaging the player in the conflict at a deep and visceral level. Requests to make server conditions easier will not be considered. Things of value are never attained easily. 

TAW is a LuftGangsta-created private project and player participation is voluntary. 

By registering for a campaign, the player accepts all server rules and limitations. 

The player is free to cease participation at any time. 

We cannot provide answers to questions on a 24/7 basis, and questions regarding issues already addressed in this manual will not be answered. 

page 14

@KG200_Achilleus @E69_Falke_Wolf @ALA13_Antiguo and others

Balance factor  (Iron rule)

Tactical Air War missions are not fair.
TAW simulatesthe World War II conflict, operates 24/7 during a Season, and always allow people to register on prefered sides. For those reasons it is impossible to achieve a balanced number of players on every TAW mission.That is the harsh reality every player accepts upon entering the server. There is no auto-balance. Outnumbered teams must adapt and change tactics. Individual players are responsible for risk management, and should make smart decisions on behalf of themselves and their team, according to the current situation. Our responsibility as administrators is to provide oversight of all registered participants. Complaints concerning unfair fights will be ignored.

Edited by =LG=Blakhart
  • Upvote 3
JG4_Widukind

Schade nach so vielen Jahren TAW und Anpassungen ,dass man so auf die Regeln besteht.

What a shame after so many years of TAW and adjustments that insist on the rules.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6
LLv24_Oke

New TAW....no mercy...no bombers....welcome....see u next time....happy landings...

• Upvote 6
KG200_Achilleus
53 minutes ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

There is no auto-balance. Outnumbered teams must adapt and change tactics. Complaints concerning unfair fights will be ignored.

We all have to decide if this is a bloody game indeed, or a realistic war scenario which fkng germans must die!

If, this is a game indeed,

then an outnumbered team is called an unfairplay issue.

If this issue is “named” as adaption from some people, then this is not the rule, but the exception...;)

Blakhart, in a “mens” world(and not in a kindergarten’s one), this unsold issue should be stayed as an unsold one, and not as an excuse like the “adaption” tactic.. 

with all respect,

S!

• Confused 2
13/JG5_Ehrler

I am really tired of the way some of LG members communicate. In my eyes, small changes are needed to bring all the missing good blue pilots back to the server and allow some level of team play again. 

Until then, I'm out. It makes no sense for me to continue flying on the TAW at this time. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
Norz
6 minutes ago, 13/JG5_Ehrler said:

I am really tired of the way some of LG members communicate. In my eyes, small changes are needed to bring all the missing good blue pilots back to the server and allow some level of team play again. 

Until then, I'm out. It makes no sense for me to continue flying on the TAW at this time. 

Agree, it was fun, see you next time. Norz & Kelvien.

KoN_
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Pict said:

==================

=====================

I think my mistake is AF were not damaged above 0% as they were on front line with cross through them , meaning no take offs . Due too over limit . 

In my head front line means it needs re-supply . As they need supplies to keep fighting . 

My take on this is TAW is now struggling . Maybe too many rules have ruined it for too many players .  This game not like il-1946 , lots of restrictions and lots of hard work with mission editor . Complicated . I hope things pick up for the server and LG and its hard work . 

Edited by KoN_
Pict
51 minutes ago, KoN_ said:

I think my mistake is AF were not damaged above 0%

Yes, I'm pretty sure that would be it.

Operatsiya_Ivy

It is amazing how many people suddenly complain about balance the moment it isn't in favor of Blue. Coincidentally those people also never played red side 🤔

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5
Norz
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

It is amazing how many people suddenly complain about balance the moment it isn't in favor of Blue. Coincidentally those people also never played red side 🤔

Spoiler

glass.png

Did you see me occasionally on the red side? Sometimes it is just enough  to think about the problem to see that it is not correct (at least for some group of people),

Edited by Norz
Ala13_Antiguo
Posted (edited)

fighters > JABO > bombers. ....Thank you until next time

Edited by ALA13_Antiguo
=19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor

2021-05-15_20-38-07.thumb.jpg.0a76a3b4734914130e77abfe8d642f3d.jpg

I apologize, I was reviewing the statistics, and I found something incomprehensible to me. Two lines above, these are statistics with a difference of 1 day (14.05 - above, 13.05 - below). According to the changes, the guys (well done!) Shot down 40 enemy aircraft in a day and destroyed 46 ground targets. But even according to the most rough calculations - from these changes there cannot be +18 thousand points.

Or is it some belated statistic that has been calculated and added?

=LG=todeskvlt
9 minutes ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

2021-05-15_20-38-07.thumb.jpg.0a76a3b4734914130e77abfe8d642f3d.jpg

I apologize, I was reviewing the statistics, and I found something incomprehensible to me. Two lines above, these are statistics with a difference of 1 day (14.05 - above, 13.05 - below). According to the changes, the guys (well done!) Shot down 40 enemy aircraft in a day and destroyed 46 ground targets. But even according to the most rough calculations - from these changes there cannot be +18 thousand points.

Or is it some belated statistic that has been calculated and added?

table1.png.6fb60125772a9fc2ae46a8302b8961c8.png

• Thanks 1
WokeUpBlue
10 hours ago, Pict said:

Better armed too...2x20mm cannon instead of the 7.7mm peashooters? Bigger bombs too no doubt? When did the D-5 see active service and where?

==============

I would like to see a Pe-3 for similar reasons, no dive breaks, faster and better forward armament plus more fuel for a greater range, at the expense of a smaller bomb load, which if I can easily live with. Pe-3bis would be nice too, but I doubt we will ever see either :) 

But no bombsight for level bombing I think. It was a long-range escort fighter.

SE.VH_dimu

First I want to congratulate the guys involved in the Taw project. It is a great project and the high point to fly il-2 Strumovik. I flow TAW for five times and now we gathered e group of solo players to form a new Squadron called Sturm Elite flying for the Blues, but we are dispointed how the thing are going on and will leave the server. 

- Its boring to fly against the Mig 3 as basic Red fighter in map 1 and 2. 
- You risk your live to make a transport mission without getting any CP. 
- When you die ou are captured you are loosing ALL advanced planes and CP´s
- The AAA is to agressive.
We look arround to see how  thing will go on at TAW next time.

WokeUpBlue
18 minutes ago, SE.VH_dimu said:

First I want to congratulate the guys involved in the Taw project. It is a great project and the high point to fly il-2 Strumovik. I flow TAW for five times and now we gathered e group of solo players to form a new Squadron called Sturm Elite flying for the Blues, but we are dispointed how the thing are going on and will leave the server. 

- Its boring to fly against the Mig 3 as basic Red fighter in map 1 and 2. 
- You risk your live to make a transport mission without getting any CP. 
- When you die ou are captured you are loosing ALL advanced planes and CP´s
- The AAA is to agressive.
We look arround to see how  thing will go on at TAW next time.

I don’t get it.

You have the F2 as a basic plane now, it has very similar performance to pthe MiG. Even the E7 had some advantages over the MiG that could be worked into tactics.

Transport missions do count for CPs, you just have to make sure you do them right, KoN and Pict had a discussion about this above.

Losing all your advanced planes does suck, maybe we will get used to it though.

I fly alone or with one other pilot at the most and I manage to survive attacks on the aaa anywhere outside airfields. 

• Upvote 2
Pict
44 minutes ago, WokeUpBlue said:

But no bombsight for level bombing I think. It was a long-range escort fighter.

True, I forgot to mention that...another thing I can live without. If I had access to a Pe-3 and wanted to level bomb, I 'd hop in a Pe-2 :) 

I have an excellent book on the Pe-2 and it also covers the Pe-3. Crowood "Petlyakov Pe-2 Peshka" by Peter C. Smith, ISBN 1 86126 588 3

Spoiler

1478501563_Pe-2Peshka.jpg.777fdb2f6089564d36bc86c34210f777.jpg

Yes it was intended to be a long-range escort fighter initially and in a hurry. Apparently it's conception design and approval happened in 1 week. Being an extremely rushed bomber conversion it wasn't very good, initially, and was heavily criticised  by those who flew it.

It had many differences to the Pe-2 other than those we have mentioned. It was a 2 seater having no radio operator / gunner position. Had many major structural changes in order to accommodate the extra fuel and was even made of a heavier gauge of metal.

It was used as fighter to begin with and even a small number were developed into night fighters with on board radar. Ironically though, it was of course pressed into the ground support role for which it wasn't suited either. Field modifications followed, one that the TAW blue fliers would love was the parachute grenades that were intended to be released into the path of the local wanna be Bubbi :) 

Interesting side note to that was a Pe-3 unit commander while under attack released his canopy to bail out. The canopy then hit the prop of the fighter shooting him down and took it out of the picture. The dreaded Pe-2 syndrome was well established even back then :) 

In the end they redesigned it and produced the Pe-3 Bis, which was not surprisingly a better machine altogether, with some of the modifications made for it being taken on for later Pe-2 production. Though only a small number were produced, they were used for many task including night fighter, long range recon and of course ground support.

• Like 2
LLv24_Oke

One another opinion. This had nothing to do picking sides or :

It was long wait for new system. I was nicely surprised ( I like strict roles) when u ( admins) said that , new TAW have strict roles to pilot ( Fighter , Attacker and Bomber) I think many (like me ) think twice shall I be strict bomber or attacker . Result: Im bomber pilot ...now more training. 

Fighter pilot: Can be succesfull and keep extra planes by beeing just good fighter pilot....

Attacker:       Can be succesfull by attacking 

Both of them when died can continue flying sticking their own roles. Just gain better plane and come more effective.

Now skilled twin engine bomber pilot when died is forced differend role to gain new bomber. Ok...I can fly 16 supply missions with heinkel (one hour/mission) to gain new bomber. ( U see the problem) .

How come it didnt cross your mind that for example : Heinkel 111 with limited bombs and no 20mm guns would have been exellent choice for a basic bomber. 

• Upvote 6
ACG_PanzerV

Hey, I just want to pass my thanks along to the LG guys.  Sure, it is not perfect, but the amount of effort you all put into this really shows.  Amazing work.  I like most of the changes, and am having a blast playing it with my ACG friends.  Thanks for putting in the time and making this thing a reality.  Really enjoying it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
LLv24_Oke

...How many of u dont need map to go ramene factory? I dont ...beeing there maybe 250 times.

...How many of u can bomb tank column from 3k (no flak in 3k) with wind....I can.

When Im in 109 (no matter which version) and I see red fighter( no matter which ) Im in deep shit.

....what I like....sitting in Ju-88 after succesfull bombing....engines going too hot....on deck ....surrounted by same old enemies....lawyer....kosmatix....so on...so...on.....frontal gunners ass blocking my wiew.....odds to survive....not too good....

...and no mercy is asked or given...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic