Jump to content

Tactical Air War


=LG=Kathon
 Share

Recommended Posts

=LG=Coldman

We are looking at balance as whole campaing. Plane set is prepared to be slightly better for one side and on next maps is slightly better for other side. This is what i mean. of course you can complain on every map balance but it is not tha case for us. we want equal chances to win the war for both sides not for every map. As You know maps arent balanced beacause there is alway some side on offensive and has more tanks etc. Same thing is with planset. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

5 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

We are looking at balance as whole campaing. Plane set is prepared to be slightly better for one side and on next maps is slightly better for other side. This is what i mean. of course you can complain on every map balance but it is not tha case for us. we want equal chances to win the war for both sides not for every map. As You know maps arent balanced beacause there is alway some side on offensive and has more tanks etc. Same thing is with planset. 

 

I cannot believe that you have no people do analyze the whole set of campaigns before or WOL stats to make correct conclusions. Just so disappointed. To be honest, I am happy to play on the blue side for this campaign, otherwise i will just stop to play it at all.

Edited by Norz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=TH=mincer
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Norz said:

 

LOL.

 

Is it the official point:

 

someone should suffer before to get something? Can you include it in the rules?

 

The title page says "NO MERCY Edition"

 

nomercy.png

Edited by =TH=mincer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, =TH=mincer said:

 

The title page says "NO MERCY Edition"

...

 

Do you need any advice how to use "hidden text/pictures"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

=TH=mincer
Just now, Norz said:

 

Do you need any advice how to use "hidden text/pictures"?

 

No

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, =TH=mincer said:

No

Great, do you need any advice how is it possible to edit your message?

Edited by Norz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=TH=mincer
2 minutes ago, Norz said:

Great, do you need any advice how is it possible to edit your message?

 

No

Link to comment
Share on other sites

=LG=Coldman

"I cannot believe that you have no people do analyze the whole of campaign before or WOL stats to make correct conclusion. Just so disappointment. To be honest, I am happy to play on the blue side for this campaign, otherwise i will just stop to play at all."

 

Thank You for Your comment. I dont understand what do You mean at all. What about WoL? how can You compare balance to Maps like WoL to our Campaing? We prove that E7 is overall better than mig but all is about changing mindset of blue players to stop lonewolfing because it is not possible right now. It is all about team play and coordination. I know that Exclusive german squadrons can cooporate very well i was flying with them but they choose to not fly because it is harder than before because they dont have full air superiority with better planes. im disapointed by them. If allies player behave like them now TAW would be gone many years ago.

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, =LG=Coldman said:

Thank You for Your comment. I dont understand what do You mean at all. What about WoL? how can You compare balance to Maps like WoL to our Campaing? We prove that E7 is overall better than mig but all is about changing mindset of blue players to stop lonewolfing because it is not possible right now. It is all about team play and coordination. I know that Exclusive german squadrons can cooporate very well i was flying with them but they choose to not fly because it is harder than before because they dont have full air superiority with better planes. im disapointed by them. If allies player behave like them now TAW would be gone many years ago.

 

I mean that you can do balance (but only if you want) the planes better. But your position is that it is 80% historically. In this case you can do nothing (I suppose). But than question: how was it historical before...40%, 50%. 60%?

 

Someone who decided to make the fight 109e7 vs Mig3 "was" (or "is") wrong. I have no idea about the locks, maybe they will change it somehow. No idea.

 

But generally: how can you say it is not? Do you want to hear the voice of the red player? Here i am: IT IS WRONG!

 

Do you want extra tests????? I will kill you every time (almost) on Mig3, I will decide how and when to do it, 5 min, 10 min, 20 min, it is not relevant, it is my decision. Is it so difficult to understand?

 

My position is (and was): if we have red players==blue players, it is not possible for the blue side to win because of IL2 or Pe2. That is the true. As a blue player I can ACCEPT it because it is absolutely CORRECT. But i want to play and die on conditions not like 99% time in 109E7 vs Mig3.

 

 

P.S. One more question. Did you see the stats from xJammer from 2019? Than you can see how was it going i16 vs 109e7, P40 vs 109e7 generally.

Edited by Norz
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=LG=Coldman

i will not discuss here about our decisions. I dont think it is wrong E7 vs mig. maybe little tweaks. But belive me we tested it with others players and they admit that it is fair. last plane set wasnt diffrent on 2nd map there was mig vs E7 too 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

i will not discuss here about our decisions. I dont think it is wrong E7 vs mig. maybe little tweaks. But belive me we tested it with others players and they admit that it is fair. last plane set wasnt diffrent on 2nd map there was mig vs E7 too 

 

C'mon. xJammer can show you that 110e4 is better than Mig3. Are you so naive to believe it?

16 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

i will not discuss here about our decisions. I dont think it is wrong E7 vs mig. maybe little tweaks. But belive me we tested it with others players and they admit that it is fair. last plane set wasnt diffrent on 2nd map there was mig vs E7 too 

 

Who were these players? Just curious. Let us check what I wrote all these years in this topic as the red player: you will find nothing about Mig3 vs 109e7. It is absolute non sence. All what we need, as red players: unlocked 2x20mm for i16!

 

P.S: I hope you will find a solution to provide for the next campaign the current planeset ONLY for =LG= team. I can not believe that many blue players will accept to play it once more the same way (and I will not play the blue side, because we change the side as you know). Than you will play it in 109e7 and we will discuss it once more.

Edited by Norz
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=LG=Coldman
8 minutes ago, Norz said:

 

C'mon. xJammer can show you that 110e4 is better than Mig3. Are you so naive to believe it?

 

Who were these players? Just curious. Let us check what I wrote all these years in this topic as the red player: you will find nothing about Mig3 vs 109e7. It is absolute non sence. All what we need, as red players: unlocked 2x20mm for i16!

it was never locked from first map of TAW2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, =LG=Coldman said:

it was never locked from first map of TAW2.0

 

Thank you! That is the CORRECT decision!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

As You know we switch sides every campaing.

Than you should use the next campaign the same planeset for your team to show that we are wrong. But, as i said before, it should be changed for all blue players.

 

P.S. I know that my critic is not so productive. Just to clarify: TAW is really the best online server that i played. New web site is great and so on. I can imagine that 300..1000 human/hours were spent to make it. Really great job.

Edited by Norz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=LG=Coldman

Yes we will. My proposal is to switch sides as it is now after this campaing. and fly same teams against each other and we will have result. but some squads never change side so...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, =LG=Coldman said:

Yes we will. My proposal is to switch sides as it is now after this campaing. and fly same teams against each other and we will have result. but some squads never change side so...

 

That is my point: you should use the same plane set as we used it for maps 1..2. Why should JG4 or someone else suffer it again? I see no reason for it. DO i want as the red player to play 20x40? No, I want to play 40 vs 40!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=LG=Coldman
Posted (edited)

Yes we want perfect balance as well :) now i have day off and can fly but i dont because im waiting for THE BLUES to have fair fight

Edited by =LG=Coldman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv24_Oke

...all my 34 buttons and levers designated to fly Ju-88 in vr-mode...strugled to got one....(no luck so far)...so is it possible to get one in oncoming bodenplatte campaign ? Long waiting....disappointing....Rules are rules....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WokeUpBlue
3 hours ago, ACG_DerSheriff said:

they had too much feedback. Stack overflow.


No, come on, that can’t be the reason. Those self-described, straight-talking, politically-incorrect Poles who don’t hesitate to mock their forum users would never have such thin skin.

 

As far as MiG vs E7: yes, the faster MiG dictates the fight against the better turning E7, but that’s the situation reds are in 90% of the time on other maps. There are tactics and strategies to counter that, most of them centered around being more careful and selective.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

Yes we want perfect balance as well :) now i have day off and can fly but i dont because im waiting for THE BLUES to have fair fight

 

Simple answer: ask players that have +50 planes +200 ground target pro campaign.... There are at least 20 (usually)

14 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:


No, come on, that can’t be the reason. Those self-described, straight-talking, politically-incorrect Poles who don’t hesitate to mock their forum users would never have such thin skin.

 

As far as MiG vs E7: yes, the faster MiG dictates the fight against the better turning E7, but that’s the situation reds are in 90% of the time on other maps. There are tactics and strategies to counter that, most of them centered around being more careful and selective.

 

Please correct your message:

 

at least maps 6, 7, 8 were ALWAYS (as i can remember) not like you said.

 

3 from 8 are not 90%.

Edited by Norz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=LG=Coldman

We can run same campaing (no changes) just after this one if every big squadron will switch side to opposite and then we will have answer to this question. Is plane set balanced or not or it is team play that has major impact on results? if every Big team will switch we can do that and then balance it to 100% fair war. If not we will belance it as we think is good for all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:

 There are tactics and strategies to counter that, most of them centered around being more careful and selective.

 

Wow. Please share your stats with U2. I think you have it, right:)?

Edited by Norz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, =LG=Coldman said:

no I want clear comparison 

 

It is online game and at least 400 players are involved. You want to say to 250 - you can do it better. Do i understand you correct? Ok, you saw their answers: we will wait the map no 3.

Edited by Norz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WokeUpBlue
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Norz said:

 

Please correct your message:

 

at least maps 6, 7, 8 were ALWAYS (as i can remember) not like you said.

 

3 from 8 are not 90%.

 

 No, that's mostly right, I've had this argument before here:

Tthe 5FN is fast down low on maps 7 and 8 of previous editions, but a lot or red pilots don't fly it (it's a premium plane and even those who have it often prefer the way Yaks fly and shoot), and it's not faster than the best 109s and 190s above 3700.

 

 

 

19 minutes ago, Norz said:

 

Wow. Please share your stats with U2. I think you have it, right:)?

 

Sure, here, look, I have a perfect record and have never been shot down in the U2: https://tacticalairwar.com/pilot_sortie.php?id=9469&name=WokeUpDead

 

I should fly it more often I think.

Edited by WokeUpDead
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:

 

 No, that's mostly right, I've had this argument before here:

Tthe 5FN is fast down low on maps 7 and 8 of previous editions, but a lot or red pilots don't fly it (it's a premium plane and even those who have it often prefer the way Yaks fly and shoot), and blues are safe from it above 3700m.

 

I am not talking about La5fn.

 

Here it is Yak7b vs 109g2

                Yak1b vs 109g2

                SpitV vs 109g2

6 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:

Sure, here, look, I have a perfect record and have never been shot down in the U2: https://tacticalairwar.com/pilot_sortie.php?id=9469&name=WokeUpDead

 

I should fly it more often I think.

 

Great:)

Edited by Norz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WokeUpBlue
14 minutes ago, Norz said:

 

I am not talking about La5fn.

 

Here it is Yak7b vs 109g2

                Yak1b vs 109g2

                SpitV vs 109g2

 

 

Yak 7B is slower than the G2 at all altitudes

Yak 1B is faster than the G2 below 2000m only, slower than the F4 at all altitudes, and slower than any 190 at most altitudes

The Spit V is just slooooow. It can barely catch a 110G2.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, E69_Falke_Wolf said:


From the creators of:

Imagen1.jpg

Now Coming!!!::

59dyrt.jpg
 

Please don't be offended. It's just a joke.
 

We blue pilots will try to fly as long as possible (some of us have jobs). Change strategy (the current one doesn't seem to work very well). And enjoy the time on the TAW (at least so the red pilots have something to shoot at).

But it's not much fun being completely outnumbered and getting beaten up on every map.
I think we would ALL have more fun with a slightly more balance. I guess it's not fun to fly with almost no opposition either.

For my part, I will not mention the pilots balance again. Enjoy!

Its Normally the other way round Reds were always out numbered . 

2 hours ago, Carl_infar said:

 

+1

I remember many TAW campaigns, where we were taking off , while the balance was 4 Reds against 40+ blues...

Its the first Taw where the balance is slightly tilted in Red favour and only on first 2 maps and so much drama is happening....

 

Same with the planes on first 2 maps. Reds have mig which is little bit faster but turn worse than 109e... Hello its the Reds normal situation on all other maps, and during all previous campaigns, they have slower planes ...

 

For some blues the near equality feels like oppresion xD.

The only thing that i would change is the bomber lines to have Basic bomber plane

Correct . I'm axis pilot normally and we had to wait and wait for a slot to get onto TAW . 

This is first time I see small group of Axis pilots in TAW . !!! 

Is it really because of Mig3 Vs 109 e7 . ??

Edited by KoN_
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

72AG_SerWolf

Hi all

after die, i lost 16cp? but also I cant take more that 16 CP

so after you died, you must take all CP from begining? and all advanced planes? 

May be better collect up to 32CP?

 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fritz_Faber
42 minutes ago, KoN_ said:

Its Normally the other way round Reds were always out numbered . 

Correct . I'm axis pilot normally and we had to wait and wait for a slot to get onto TAW . 

This is first time I see small group of Axis pilots in TAW . !!! 

Is it really because of Mig3 Vs 109 e7 . ??


Some of us, the attackers and bombers with license C, are still waiting on their planes arriving the hangars.

We are not trained to fly single  engine fighters, jabos or stukas... (license A and B).

 

😉

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KoN_ said:

Its Normally the other way round Reds were always out numbered . 

 

Yes that is how it was almost every time I was on TAW and I always flew RED as it was always the least populated when I signed up.

 

I actually preferred being outnumbered as you got on the server without waiting and there were plenty of targets. Plus I had some monumental battles flying the Pe-2 with Macchi's, 109's & 190's determined to knock me down, which they mostly did :) 

 

1 hour ago, KoN_ said:

I'm axis pilot normally and we had to wait and wait for a slot to get onto TAW . 

This is first time I see small group of Axis pilots in TAW . !!! 

Is it really because of Mig3 Vs 109 e7 . ??

 

If the numbers when I just came off the server are anything to go on, it looks like the new toys are having an effect...

 

FluidWithNewToys.JPG.3c08868777717726c798c34c766debde.JPG

Edited by Pict
Link to comment
Share on other sites

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard
Posted (edited)

In regards to the bomber situation, a possible solution could be to add to basic line a Pe-2 s35 and He 111 H-6 with only their basic bombloads allowed, so 2 x 250 or 6 x 100 Kg for Pe-2 and 4 x 250 or 16 x 50 for He 111.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AKA_Relent

I’ll be honest... I haven’t flown that much yet, but I’m getting a lot of enjoyment on just going to the web site from time to time during the work day (great job on the redesign, BTW, looks great), and watching the flow of the campaign :).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG4_Matthias

Congratulations to the red team for winning the campaign, thank you LG for taking away the fun and the joy of flying. goodbye taw see you sometime

  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WokeUpBlue
17 minutes ago, JG4_Matthias_W1- said:

Congratulations to the red team for winning the campaign, thank you LG for taking away the fun and the joy of flying. goodbye taw see you sometime

Game Update] - Cute Fuzzy Animals (BETA 195732) - [Don't Starve Together]  General Discussion - Klei Entertainment Forums

  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=TH=Kap-the-head
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, JG4_Matthias_W1- said:

Congratulations to the red team for winning the campaign, thank you LG for taking away the fun and the joy of flying. goodbye taw see you sometime

And that's because of this attitude you guys are getting your asses handed to you.  Instead of facing some adversity, a lot of you start crying because daddy took your toys away.  Suck it up for a couple of maps, flying on equal in performance equipment,  and maybe you'll earn your fighters that are always technically superior to the Reds. 

 

=TH= has 22 pilots and 2924 ground kills.  The first 9 (!) blue squadrons with 171 pilots has roughly the same amount of kills! Let that sink in. It is not because of the E7...

Edited by =TH=Kap-the-head
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG4_Matthias

sorry my friend but I'm not good enough for this campaign, only the best of the best fly here. .

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=TH=Kap-the-head
5 minutes ago, JG4_Matthias_W1- said:

sorry my friend but I'm not good enough for this campaign, only the best of the best fly here. .

Good start! The first step is admitting 😄

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

In regards to the bomber situation, a possible solution could be to add to basic line a Pe-2 s35 and He 111 H-6 with only their basic bombloads allowed, so 2 x 250 or 6 x 100 Kg for Pe-2 and 4 x 250 or 16 x 50 for He 111.

 

That sounds well and good on the face of it, but it goes against what they appear to be trying to achieve, whatever & however that exactly is ;)

 

I would take that idea and go a little further by having a bomber only line where the basic bombers as you describe are available and any heavier load outs would be earned.

 

Same for ground attack, where there would have be a selection of ground attack aircraft and no bombers or fighters.

 

And finally a line for the fighter jockeys with fighters / interceptors only.

 

=======================

 

I would avoid having a selection where all three disciplines were available. This I think would appeal to more people and see less pilots bug out so easy. That in turn would see more targets / action and ultimately more fun and less moaning.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AKA_Relent
4 minutes ago, JG4_Matthias_W1- said:

sorry my friend but I'm not good enough for this campaign, only the best of the best fly here. .

Don’t feel bad, I often have that same feeling, especially if no squad mates are available and I’m flying alone often times which I know is high risk in TAW.  Just find your niche and keep plugging away.  I know there are a lot better virtual pilots than me, so just figure out your strengths and try to fly to those as much as you can and try to stay alive while contributing what you can for your team... all you can do.. oh and try to have fun :).

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...