Tactical Air War

=LG=Kathon

Posted (edited)

Its just a game , I feel there is no need to stop your enjoyment flying this Great looking Game .

What else is one going to do . Watch Netflix . Or the News .

Just join and fly . 

😆

Edited by KoN_
  • Like 1

JG4_Matthias

i will play lego with my son, i will go for a walk with my dog and i will kiss my wife but not watch netflix 😉

• Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

So I was just happy to get into a nice shiny LAGG-3 when boom one shot from Flak 37 turned it into not so much a flying coffin, but a nose diving one :)

I was turning on to the target and still some way out and at a reasonable altitude for a run on it, when I heard a flak burst pretty close to me. Seconds later boom, my guy blacked out only to sort of come to in time for me to see the ground rush.

The log told the story... 

image.png.675014a077e9ebde645b714667852b7e.png

=============================

Not that it would have made any difference what I did or who I could have flown with, this is just one of things. But I am currently trying to sort out my comms issues so that I can fly with others.

Current problem is that when I connect to a comms server with either TS or SRS, I loose my sound in IL2. This is really frustrating and no matter what I try I can't resolve it.

Any ideas?

45 minutes ago, JG4_Matthias_W1- said:

i will play lego with my son, i will go for a walk with my dog and i will kiss my wife but not watch netflix 😉

:biggrin:

I'm not married, have no kids, no dog and I threw my TV out some 30 years ago...

But, I'd sooner play Lego with your wife, go for a walk with your son and kiss your dog before I'd watch Netfix....however weird that may sound :) 

Edited by Pict
  • Sad 1

=LG=todeskvlt
3 hours ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

Hi all

after die, i lost 16cp? but also I cant take more that 16 CP

so after you died, you must take all CP from begining? and all advanced planes? 

May be better collect up to 32CP?

Hello, manual says "Death penalty -800 Exp / -6 CP / Reset of Advanced planes (Basic available)"

but unfortunately due to the bug in script the sequence of events after your death is not correct. When you died you're loosing your airplane then script is checking if you can receive new one for Combat Points, if yes, you will recieve it, then your hangar is being reset to the basic and you're loosing 6CP. In most cases it is not a problem but in this particular case it is not working as should be. Sorry for what happened to you but i can't help you. Kathon will fix this issue but i don't know when. For now you have to deal with it.

• Sad 1

13/JG5_Ehrler
2 hours ago, =TH=Kap-the-head said:

And that's because of this attitude you guys are getting your asses handed to you.  Instead of facing some adversity, a lot of you start crying because daddy took your toys away.  Suck it up for a couple of maps, flying on equal in performance equipment,  and maybe you'll earn your fighters that are always technically superior to the Reds. 

=TH= has 22 pilots and 2924 ground kills.  The first 9 (!) blue squadrons with 171 pilots has roughly the same amount of kills! Let that sink in. It is not because of the E7...

In the last few days, it has hardly made sense to attack ground targets when blue is outnumbered and cannot assemble large groups. Above the targets only large groups of Migs were waiting, which are also 50 km/h faster and destroy your valuable life, CP and advanced aircraft. 

I hope this will be better now, because more blue pilots seem to be in the air again. 

With increasing operational experience, however, I have to admit that in air combat team vs team, the tank plate to the rear is extremely annoying. Today we lost a fair 3 v 3 combat 0:3. Bad luck was also involved, but a clear view of our own six would probably have improved the result.

• Upvote 1

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pict said:

That sounds well and good on the face of it, but it goes against what they appear to be trying to achieve, whatever & however that exactly is ;)

I would take that idea and go a little further by having a bomber only line where the basic bombers as you describe are available and any heavier load outs would be earned.

Same for ground attack, where there would have be a selection of ground attack aircraft and no bombers or fighters.

And finally a line for the fighter jockeys with fighters / interceptors only.

=======================

I would avoid having a selection where all three disciplines were available. This I think would appeal to more people and see less pilots bug out so easy. That in turn would see more targets / action and ultimately more fun and less moaning.

If I understood the lines correctly, the basic would be lower performance with most of the options, then you have the specializations which are more restricted but gives better tools for each task, the planeset is not really ideal because of the lack of planes for the early war.

I we had access to all the planes that participated, I guess the ideal lineup would be like this:

Basic Fighter: I-153 / I-16
Basic attacker: Su-2
Basic bomber: SB-2

Advanced Fighter: MiG-3
Advanced attacker: IL-2
Advanced bomber: Pe-2 + DB-3

vs

Basic Fighter: Bf 109E
Basic attacker: Ju 87B
Basic bomber: Do 17

Advanced fighter: Bf 109 F-2
Advanced attacker: Bf 110E
Advanced bomber: He 111 + Ju 88

So regardless of specialization, a pilot would be able to do bomber work, attacker work, fighter work, though with a less capable plane than someone who chose that specialized line. 

We don't have early bombers for the basic line, that's why having just a single Pe-2 or He 111 with a limited loadout would be a good compromise.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

72AG_SerWolf
8 часов назад, =LG=todeskvlt сказал:

Hello, manual says "Death penalty -800 Exp / -6 CP / Reset of Advanced planes (Basic available)"

but unfortunately due to the bug in script the sequence of events after your death is not correct. When you died you're loosing your airplane then script is checking if you can receive new one for Combat Points, if yes, you will recieve it, then your hangar is being reset to the basic and you're loosing 6CP. In most cases it is not a problem but in this particular case it is not working as should be. Sorry for what happened to you but i can't help you. Kathon will fix this issue but i don't know when. For now you have to deal with it.

This is sad story....42CP turn to zero

=LG=todeskvlt
52 minutes ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

This is sad story....42CP turn to zero

Forgot to say. It is not bug that you lost 42 CP. If you have full hangar, you can collect 16/16 CP, excess points do not count (there are visible as N/A in sorties list).

Posted (edited)

I've done resupply runs to AFs but no CP points were given. " what's the reason . Supply to front line Airfield with cross through it mean we cant take off right . But can we supply . ?? 

To successfully conduct airfield resupply, players must take off from an airfield that has sustained less than 40% damage, and successfully land on an airfield damaged more than 0%. ( I don't understand this ) what's that mean 0%. So AF has to be damaged more than 0% to get resupply . 

Additionally, if a pilot loses all aircraft of one Basic Type, it is possible to regain one aircraft by successfully completing oneresupplysortie.

Edited by KoN_

LLv24_Kessu
16 hours ago, =LG=Coldman said:

i will not discuss here about our decisions. I dont think it is wrong E7 vs mig. maybe little tweaks. But belive me we tested it with others players and they admit that it is fair. last plane set wasnt diffrent on 2nd map there was mig vs E7 too 

Hello Goldman and Norz,

I pick this up again in hope that the next campaign has better balance. Naturally - all below is just my collected thoughts and opinions with no intention to hurt anyone's feelings and dictate how things should be done. Feel free to disagree (please present a rationale) - and naturally, though I try to be objective - my perspective of things can be flawed. And I think after this - I have ranted more than enough of this topic (I hope to stop here).

History - generalized (my opinion): If there was one common theme that all fighter developers aimed for during the era - it was speed. WW2 is full of examples of how faster plane dominated a slower one for a period of time... to name a few:

Fw190A vs Spit V

P51 vs Bf109G

Me262 vs... anything

So please - do not try to tell that by 109E7 having more maneuverability, the planes (MIG vs E7) are balanced. You could as well claim that E7 and I-16 are balanced? (Spoiler: they are not). MIG-3 is 50km/h faster than 109E7 - and 50km/ is a lot!

IMO: in general - if a fighter pilot does not grasp the theory how to utilize speed difference to his advantage at all - I would recommend flying a bomber...

Understanding the theory and applying it in practice though are 2 different things - human factor gets into way.

Personally I'm guilty on the following sins that typically lead to my virtual death in a faster and superior plane:

- I misjudge the opponents energy and engage, when I should still look for more favorable starting position or disengage completely

- my SA is not perfect and I was not aware of the additional fighter entering the scheme (my 6 o'clock)

- I get target fixated and lose my energy in the thrill of the chase

- and others...

Conclusion -> I fly bombers and Jabos a lot 😄

As Norz highlighted earlier - with the speed advantage MIG3 can choose what it wishes to do - and 109E7 can mostly... react.

I don't know how this was tested, but if it's anything like a 2vs2 duel (?) - I don't think that really matches the reality of the TAW. My observations of this kind of duels is that human factor plays a big role:

- there is no incentive/reward to stay alive

- there is no punishment for virtual death

- "I wish to end this fight quick" mentality

- and it's not possible to test the number of variations (thousands) of how actual combat begins (numbers, altitudes, visibility, spotting, load out, ongoing mission and task etc...)

The point really is - testing is always limited. And at most - you get maybe few 10s of data points and opinions to study.

Due to above - I believe you already have the relevant data on server statistics - thousands of data points - variations one cannot imagine for testing. And all in the relevant environment with pilots flying with completely different mind set and stress level.

Please pull out map 1 and 2 data - 109E7 vs MIG 3?  Also please print it to forum for transparency! And lets compare and discuss what we see?

And for the record - my suggestion in the other thread was:

- replace Basic 109E7/B with 109F2 as a clean fighter - no bombs

- replace Basic MIG-3 with MIG-3 as a clean fighter - no bombs

As F2 and MIG would have no bombs - we would also see more JU87s and I16s in their intended ground role. In maps 1 and 2 MIG3 jabo and 109E7 jabo were widely used due to their speed advantage over I-16 and JU87.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, WokeUpDead said:

Yak 7B is slower than the G2 at all altitudes

Yak 1B is faster than the G2 below 2000m only, slower than the F4 at all altitudes, and slower than any 190 at most altitudes

The Spit V is just slooooow. It can barely catch a 110G2.

True true true. I forget to mention Yak9, Yak9T.

Just my own opinion: 109g2 is better (in some aspects) but i am totally OK to play Yak1b, Yak7b, Yak9, Yak9t, La5F vs 109g2. So, again, your notice about 90% is totally wrong.

1./JG42flesch

Looks like this Compain is chrashed

grafik.thumb.png.e695f685c18b6495964a35f018c07933.png

ACG_Prancing
Posted (edited)

This is the thing, the average blue player will look at the planes and decide to fly or not, in a small group or alone, so if they're not clearly better then the red ones he will not fly,

on the other hand there's the average red pilot, that was flying last taw's just like he's flying now with less or more powerful planes, going for target, trying in all situation to form groups, and the campaign is won once again by the red's, what's the winning attitude?

i'm having a blast flying with the Sober Sky group because they always go for objective and collect as many pilots they can to organize, never seen them flying above clouds level, never seen them fighting at 8k, i've seen them (and i was with them) attacking targets while the 109's were on top of us few thousands of meters, too disorganized (and beecause of that also scared) to attack effectively, this taw just showed the attitude of the average blue pilot while just confirmed the one of the average red pilot.

Edited by ACG_Prancing
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Nerfection
25 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Looks like this Compain is chrashed

It was the opposite for 4 hours this morning, so I flew solo against 15 or so blues (until I got chute-killed by e69-hans). Time zones are gonna time zone.  There's always going to be times when 1 side has loads more numbers. You've just got to change the way you fly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, ACG_Prancing said:

i'm having a blast flying with the Sober Sky group because they always go for objective and collect as many pilots they can to organize, never seen them flying above clouds level, never seen them fighting at 8k, i've seen them (and i was with them) attacking targets while the 109's were on top of us few thousands of meters, too disorganized (and beecause of that also scared) to attack effectively, this taw just showed the attitude of the average blue pilot while just confirmed the one of the average red pilot.

Please clarify, did you mention it only this campaign or before were counted also? Because I can remember that we did it in one group above the clouds. At least one time != never.

Edited by Norz
  • Haha 1

ACG_Prancing
3 minutes ago, Norz said:

Please clarify, did you mention it only this campaign or before were counted also? Because I can remember that we did it in one group above the clouds. At least one time != never.

it's not important mate, that's not the main point

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ACG_Prancing said:

it's not important mate, that's not the main point

Your own opinion. 

P.S:the general point is: you should follow the rules that make your action succesfull. Do you want to insist that 2..4 109 have to attack the group with 4..8 planes? I cannot follow your logic. 

Edited by Norz

ACG_Prancing
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Norz said:

Your own opinion. 

P.S:the general point is: you should follow the rules that make your action succesfull. Do you want to insist that 2..4 109 have to attack the group with 4..8 planes? I cannot follow your logic. 

if you have 4 109's above migs, the migs are in big disadvantage, since their only advantage is the speed, and they have less speed to start from, 109's will outdogfight migs every day of the week (specially e7's), add to this that they start with more speed and if the 109's are flying togheter they will easily kill 4 or 5 of the 8 migs low bombing targets.

It's just like yaks and f4's but reversed

Edited by ACG_Prancing
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, ACG_Prancing said:

i'm having a blast flying with the Sober Sky group because they always go for objective and collect as many pilots they can to organize...

I would really like to join in with that, but can't until I can sort my now really frustrating comms issues.

===============

I dare say having a blast while flying with like minded others is the point, even if not the main or lesser hair splitting points :good:

Edited by Pict

LLv24_Kessu
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ACG_Prancing said:

This is the thing, the average blue player will look at the planes and decide to fly or not, in a small group or alone, so if they're not clearly better then the red ones he will not fly,

on the other hand there's the average red pilot, that was flying last taw's just like he's flying now with less or more powerful planes, going for target, trying in all situation to form groups, and the campaign is won once again by the red's, what's the winning attitude?

Please - I'm average Blue and still flying.... above can be said for both sides if you look at earlier campaigns - it's all about perception (yours, mine), but works both ways - reds and blues were not born in different planets, but we are all human. So, let's not go there - please.

But your perspective is not wrong in the fact that there is less Blues in the server in typical European busy hour. I disagree it has anything to do with "colour". Balance is always a fragile thing and we humans tend to go to where we have more fun.

I can only tell why I'm still flying:

a) for challenge

b) to be able to give feedback in hope that next edition will be better balanced

And that implies that I treat this edition as TAW as a test round.

Edited by LLv24_Kessu
  • Upvote 1

LLv24_Kessu
49 minutes ago, ACG_Prancing said:

if you have 4 109's above migs, the migs are in big disadvantage, since their only advantage is the speed, and they have less speed to start from, 109's will outdogfight migs every day of the week (specially e7's), add to this that they start with more speed and if the 109's are flying togheter they will easily kill 4 or 5 of the 8 migs low bombing targets.

It's just like yaks and f4's but reversed

We can all come up with situations and circumstances where one side has the advantage - typically by having more energy. And we can go around in circles forever, right?

"But if you had 4 MIGs above... etc."

Hence - what matters is the statistics from sufficiently large data pool - which we already have in server statistics.

• Upvote 1

JG4_Widukind

U talking here for 109 E7 B Jabo with all Amor on it right?

LLv24_Kessu

Yes - Basic 109E7/B in maps 1&2 vs basic MIG-3 (with bombs) in those maps.

•  

It is interesting how those who are outraged by the balance skew in the red would have looked if the LG, forcibly, would have swapped the opposing sides for the next eastern company ... Once upon a time, back at ADV, there was a proposal to do this to those who were outraged super-efficiency of the Red Army Air Force planes .... what was the answer from the Luftwaffe lovers, guess?? or to prompt?😉

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

=19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor
Posted (edited)

Guys, I don't want to offend anyone, but when was the last time the blue won a season on TAW-server?
Correct me if I'm wrong - but the last blue win was in 2019
That is, for two years in a row, the side of the axis loses over and over again, occasionally bringing the result to a draw.

Yes, now is the first launch of the server. Yes - there is an imbalance: two hole cards in less than a week is a prime example of an imbalance. Developers see everything and draw conclusions.

But that for 2 years now, even excelling in technique of the enemy - you are losing. Periodically on the maps - even against i-16 and P-40.

The developers are already tired of conveying the idea that the war is won - by the ground force. And the side wins, whose actions are more coordinated in the sky.
And they got tired of talking about the value of a pilot's life, introducing fines and sanctions for death, as a means against suicides and fanatics a la "one took off - killed on the very first anti-aircraft gun (repeat ad infinitum)".
Why did the Reds win maps (now not talking about the current season)?

Loners remained on the WoL and Berloga. Taw is a group server.

Lone pilots are just easy targets. Taking off alone - you fly to die.

The current imbalance has only underlined this attitude.

Team up in groups, don't fly alone. The general ts-taw is a good tool for this purpose.

The time of loners in taw is long gone.

Hunters than to hang over their target until they run out of fuel - offer allied stormtroopers assistance in protection and escort - you will bring more benefits to this, and you will also get more adrenaline, as well as experience of working in a group.

Скрытый текст

1783359388_.thumb.png.847bfbeb519dbea7baf5d425d9885e86.png

Edited by =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

Periodically on the maps - even against i-16 and P-40.

That is the point! Why do you want to make it worse?

1 hour ago, ACG_Prancing said:

E7 : Mig = yak(lagg too) : 109f4

What does it mean? Can you explain?

RedKestrel
12 minutes ago, Norz said:

What does it mean? Can you explain?

It means the MiG outperforms the 109E7 similarly to how the 109F4 outperforms the Yak-1 and the LaGG-3.

1 minute ago, RedKestrel said:

It means the MiG outperforms the 109E7 similarly to how the 109F4 outperforms the Yak-1 and the LaGG-3.

Are you sure that it is can be compared this way? Ok, 190a3 vs Yak1 or Lagg3 - it is close. But Yak1 vs 109F4? 109 is much better but 55km/h? No way.

SE.VH_Boemundo
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LLv24_Kessu said:

We can all come up with situations and circumstances where one side has the advantage - typically by having more energy. And we can go around in circles forever, right?

"But if you had 4 MIGs above... etc."

Hence - what matters is the statistics from sufficiently large data pool - which we already have in server statistics.

Indeed, the planeset is not balanced and is not historical too. I did not see a single I-16 at my timezone, only hordes of MIG's against E7 or Stukas. We can only count our wingman for advice with this f'ing rear plate.

Edited by SE.VH_Boemundo
  • Like 1

=19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor
Только что, Norz сказал:

My friend, where did I call to make things worse? Where, for the umpteenth time, do I write about the need for cooperation? I already urge that post to tie up with flying alone, and gather in teams, as the Reds do. Well, you fly for both sides. Tell me, in your opinion: where are people better and more willing to unite on the red or blue side? I have no experience in blue flights, and communication in a blue vehicle, so I can only speak for what I see from the outside. And from the outside, I see 1-2 unsure blue fighters who do not descend to disperse or at least scare the red attack aircraft, forcing them to join the battle, throwing bombs before reaching the target. I see lonely Ju-87 flying towards the target, and lonely (occasionally paired) anti-aircraft attacks, when I do not have time to go to the enemy - anti-aircraft guns knock him down. Yes, damn it, my current knocked down in the statistics is 90% loners. I'm not talking about moments when 5-10 blues and 15-25 reds, but even in primetime at 40x40, 30x40 - blue is not clear where to rummage around and what they are doing :) With near-zero ground statistics. Although yesterday I was pleasantly surprised - when 6-8 F2s (singles and squad pilots) came to the red tanks, they dispersed / knocked down the Reds and closed the tank column. It was a beautiful and effective departure for the blue side.

Ru-Translate:

Скрытый текст

Дружище, где я призывал сделать хуже? Там, где в который раз пишу о необходимости кооперации?
Я уже который пост призываю завязывать с полетами в одиночестве, и собираться в команды, как это делают красные.
Ну, ты же летаешь за обе стороны. Вот скажи, на твой взгляд: где люди лучше и охотней обьединяются на на красной стороне или синей?

У меня нет опыта синих полётов, и общения в синем тс, по-этому я могу говорить только за то, что я вижу со стороны. А со стороны я вижу 1-2 неуверенных синих истребителя, не спускающихся разогнать или хотя бы напугать красных штурмовиков, заставив их вступить в бой, бросив бомы недойдя до цели. Вижу одинокие Ю-87 летящие к цели, да одинокие (изредка парные) атаки зениток, когда я не успеваю зайти на противника - его сбивает зенитка.

Да, блин, у меня текущие сбитые в статистике - это на 90% одиночки.

Я не говорю про моменты когда 5-10 синих и 15-25 красных, но даже в праймтайм при 40х40, 30х40 - синие непонятно где шаряться и чем занимаются :) С околонулевой статистикой наземки.

Хотя вчера я был приятно удивлен - когда к красным танкам пришли 6-8 Ф2 (одиночки и сквад-пилоты) разогнали/посбивали красных и закрыли танковую колонну. Это был красивый и результативный вылет синей стороны. Если бы так летали чаще...

LLv24_Veccu
Posted (edited)

S!

I think blueside downhill started when level-bombing capasity was hit hard by "new" damage model.

Bombs do not make anymore same damage as they did before, and that may be 2019 when that happened, not sure...  and not yet fixed by the devs (I quess devs are working on it....)

Now 20mm (and 500kg is as good as 50kg) is better use on deck to targets than single bombing from high alt wich is really odd and nothing to do with history.

Blues best weapon to destroy AFs, defences and depots was gone.

I do remember back 2 years ago when we could with 3x88s damage airfield to 70-80% by only from level bombing during 2h session. With 1000kg you got whole barrack destroyed direct hit (+10 buildings)

But that doesn´t matter now, we dont even have bomber-planes anymore. First they take bombs from us, then planes also ;)

Havent seen big group levelbombing in a long long time.. maybe i m just blind...

-veccu-

Edited by LLv24_Veccu
  • Upvote 2

SE.VH_Boemundo
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

My friend, where did I call to make things worse? Where, for the umpteenth time, do I write about the need for cooperation? I already urge that post to tie up with flying alone, and gather in teams, as the Reds do. Well, you fly for both sides. Tell me, in your opinion: where are people better and more willing to unite on the red or blue side? I have no experience in blue flights, and communication in a blue vehicle, so I can only speak for what I see from the outside. And from the outside, I see 1-2 unsure blue fighters who do not descend to disperse or at least scare the red attack aircraft, forcing them to join the battle, throwing bombs before reaching the target. I see lonely Ju-87 flying towards the target, and lonely (occasionally paired) anti-aircraft attacks, when I do not have time to go to the enemy - anti-aircraft guns knock him down. Yes, damn it, my current knocked down in the statistics is 90% loners. I'm not talking about moments when 5-10 blues and 15-25 reds, but even in primetime at 40x40, 30x40 - blue is not clear where to rummage around and what they are doing :) With near-zero ground statistics. Although yesterday I was pleasantly surprised - when 6-8 F2s (singles and squad pilots) came to the red tanks, they dispersed / knocked down the Reds and closed the tank column. It was a beautiful and effective departure for the blue side.

ouRu-Translate:

Reveal hidden contents

Дружище, где я призывал сделать хуже? Там, где в который раз пишу о необходимости кооперации?
Я уже который пост призываю завязывать с полетами в одиночестве, и собираться в команды, как это делают красные.
Ну, ты же летаешь за обе стороны. Вот скажи, на твой взгляд: где люди лучше и охотней обьединяются на на красной стороне или синей?

У меня нет опыта синих полётов, и общения в синем тс, по-этому я могу говорить только за то, что я вижу со стороны. А со стороны я вижу 1-2 неуверенных синих истребителя, не спускающихся разогнать или хотя бы напугать красных штурмовиков, заставив их вступить в бой, бросив бомы недойдя до цели. Вижу одинокие Ю-87 летящие к цели, да одинокие (изредка парные) атаки зениток, когда я не успеваю зайти на противника - его сбивает зенитка.

Да, блин, у меня текущие сбитые в статистике - это на 90% одиночки.

Я не говорю про моменты когда 5-10 синих и 15-25 красных, но даже в праймтайм при 40х40, 30х40 - синие непонятно где шаряться и чем занимаются :) С околонулевой статистикой наземки.

Хотя вчера я был приятно удивлен - когда к красным танкам пришли 6-8 Ф2 (одиночки и сквад-пилоты) разогнали/посбивали красных и закрыли танковую колонну. Это был красивый и результативный вылет синей стороны. Если бы так летали чаще...

We're teaming up. I am flying with at least four pilots, however pilots are losing motivation cause we're in pure defensive in a fight, dying or captured and losing all CP's.  In our timezone we did not have a single fighter to counter MIG's, blinded with rear plate armors. I did not see a single rata. You can not outmanouver against something you do not see.

3 minutes ago, SE.VH_Boemundo said:

We're teaming up. I am flying with at least four pilots, however pilots are losing motivation cause we're in pure defensive in a fight, dying or captured and losing all CP's.  In our timezone we did not have a single fighter to counter MIG's, blinded with rear plate armors. I did not see a

Edited by SE.VH_Boemundo
  • Like 1

RedKestrel
2 minutes ago, Norz said:

Are you sure that it is can be compared this way? Ok, 190a3 vs Yak1 or Lagg3 - it is close. But Yak1 vs 109F4? 109 is much better but 55km/h? No way.

I'm just explaining what is meant by the comparison by the original poster.

Its not exactly the same thing of course. the 109F-4 is also a great dogfighter on top of climb and speed advantages, for example, but does not have the raw speed advantage of the MiG over the 109E7. A 109F4 can get away with 'mixing it up' since it can accelerate/climb faster than its opponents, whereas if the MiG gets low and slow it has few options. 

As for speed, once you get above 4000m the 109F4 is about 50 km/h faster than the Yak and the LaGG - of course there is much less combat up there in ground supporting war. At sea level it is faster than the Yak and the LaGG but not by much, at 2000m or so it is about 20 km/h faster than both according to tech specs.

So by raw speed it lacks the total dominance that the MiG has over the E7 at low levels, but it has other features that help it against its opponents.

SE.VH_Boemundo
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I'm just explaining what is meant by the comparison by the original poster.

Its not exactly the same thing of course. the 109F-4 is also a great dogfighter on top of climb and speed advantages, for example, but does not have the raw speed advantage of the MiG over the 109E7. A 109F4 can get away with 'mixing it up' since it can accelerate/climb faster than its opponents, whereas if the MiG gets low and slow it has few options. 

As for speed, once you get above 4000m the 109F4 is about 50 km/h faster than the Yak and the LaGG - of course there is much less combat up there in ground supporting war. At sea level it is faster than the Yak and the LaGG but not by much, at 2000m or so it is about 20 km/h faster than both according to tech specs.

So by raw speed it lacks the total dominance that the MiG has over the E7 at low levels, but it has other features that help it against its opponents.

You're mading pure theoretical assumption, the fact is, and experience and statistics demonstrates it this TAW, red are having greater advantage. Yes, we're teaming up. 

Edited by SE.VH_Boemundo

=19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor
7 минут назад, SE.VH_Boemundo сказал:

We're teaming up. I am flying with at least four pilots, however pilots are losing motivation cause we're in pure defensive in a fight, dying or captured and losing all CP's.  In our timezone we did not have a single fighter to counter MIG's, blinded with rear plate armors. I did not see a single rata. You can not outmanouver against something you do not see.

And now, from the third map, when there are F2 and F4, has the situation returned to normal or is it still the same?

I completely agree with the first two maps. Two taw-maps in a week is sadness

SE.VH_Boemundo
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

And now, from the third map, when there are F2 and F4, has the situation returned to normal or is it still the same?

I completely agree with the first two maps. Two taw-maps in a week is sadness

I am attacker career,do not have F4, but I tried to pursuit a soviet in a F2, very hard to catch, made some long range shots with MG's, he took the bait and turned, a friend shot him down. Another friend have not the same luck, he pursuited a soviet for much time, was shot by enemy flak near airbase. So, for the F2 is difficult to pursuit sovier low, I do not know about F4.

I am still trying the third map. I understand they are trying to obligate pilots to fly cover instead of high altitude (that helps very little to others, only help personal stats), but there is no way to implement a mechanic that giver more CP to a fighter that makes a kill within an range of an attacker or bomber that inflicted or will inflict a score that mission?

Ex. 

At end of a map

if fighter make a kill

if within range of attacker with a score

add bonus CPs and experience

or implement attacker and bombers ground kil/ defeat as multiplier for fighters CPs and experience. If ground war is not going well Fuhrer becomes angry and send less fighters and medals. : )

Edited by SE.VH_Boemundo

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

My friend, where did I call to make things worse?

Maybe there? (it is relevant for your text "i160+p40 vs 109e7") and what we had on the maps 1, 2. (Mig3 vs 109e7)

Check the picture below.

Spoiler

109e7.png

Edited by Norz

5 hours ago, BPAT said:

•  

It is interesting how those who are outraged by the balance skew in the red would have looked if the LG, forcibly, would have swapped the opposing sides for the next eastern company ... Once upon a time, back at ADV, there was a proposal to do this to those who were outraged super-efficiency of the Red Army Air Force planes .... what was the answer from the Luftwaffe lovers, guess?? or to prompt?😉

??

One major thing I've noticed is everyone is Firing off their rockets and dropping their bombs on take off . 

Surly an option to carry bomb load out would of been best idea . 

There seems to be way too many restrictions in place .

People don't like being told what to do , if it doesn't fit their game style . 

If i want to fly a JaBo mission , ill choose loadout .

If I want to fly fighter , ill choose load out .

I don't understand the logic here . 

How is this historic . ?

• Upvote 1

• BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic