Tactical Air War

WokeUpBlue
28 minutes ago, E69_Falke_Wolf said:

I definitely DO NOT understand the server balancing system. Is it really fun to fly like this?

GBcvrDg.jpg

It’s a snowball effect. If there were no consequences then you may enjoy flying on the smaller side, feel like a hero and have lots of targets. But if you’re risking losing ball your hard earned advanced planes then you won’t want to fly with two other pilots against 17.

E69_Falke_Wolf
4 minutes ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

Screen take in 5 mins after start?

Waiting 20 mins, and see:

No, was during half mission, and for a long time. (your screenshot was taken in the next mission)

You like to play 17vs2?

Ok, no problema with that. Enjoy

LLv24_Oke

U all need to know one thing: Fighter pilot can be succesful (effective) pilot not to going above enemy territory (shooting down enemies defending over own territory) Succesful , good , effective bomber pilot fly all missions (every single one) over enemy territory ( Bomber I mean 2 engine plane with bombsight)

Happy landings.

• Upvote 3
=19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor
Posted (edited)
11 минут назад, E69_Falke_Wolf сказал:

No, was during half mission, and for a long time. (your screenshot was taken in the next mission)

You like to play 17vs2?

Ok, no problema with that. Enjoy

I take screen from 72 mission (current time).

Ok.

Here is the previous mission. During the mission, 33 red and 15 blue pilots took to the skies.

The JG4, LLv24 pilots worked very productively. 51st didn't waste any time either

https://tacticalairwar.com/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=71

They did not rush to the forum to complain about injustice, but simply did the work necessary for the front. The guys are great.

Edited by =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor
E69_Falke_Wolf
5 minutes ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

I take screen from 72 mission (current time).

Ok.

Here is the previous mission. During the mission, 33 red and 15 blue pilots took to the skies.

The JG4, LLv24 pilots worked very productively. 51st didn't waste any time either

https://tacticalairwar.com/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=71

They did not rush to the forum to complain about injustice, but simply did the work necessary for the front. The guys are great.

Please do not get me wrong.
I am not "complaining about injustice". I just ask if it's fun to fly like this. I would not like to be on the side of 17 vs 2.
But if other pilots are happy like this, I will not say anything more about this.
Enjoy

=19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor
4 минуты назад, E69_Falke_Wolf сказал:

Please do not get me wrong.
I am not "complaining about injustice". I just ask if it's fun to fly like this. I would not like to be on the side of 17 vs 2.
But if other pilots are happy like this, I will not say anything more about this.
Enjoy

I understand, but all virtual pilots live in different zones. The balance of forces pendulum swings from side to side. It is possible to get upset about this, but it is useless. You can organize small groups in teamspeak and perform feasible tasks, inflicting possible damage on the frontline.

Reds, too, do not all fly in one crowd, clearing the entire map.

There are two pilots, there are three pilots, and there are a few singles over there. Someone supports, someone admires the sky :)

And by uniting in a voice in a small, but friendly group - and in the minority, you can fight back.

• Like 1
SCG_Wulfe
Posted (edited)

I find it refreshing flying outnumbered as blue for once. It helps a lot to coordinate and work together. In these early maps, the blue side does not enjoy the advantage of absolute speed it had before. This means relatively safe hit and run attacks are not really workable in the early maps for blue. So... it's time to work together and rethink tactics to create local areas of air-superiority even if there are more overall players on from the other side. If we are losing, before we worry about balance, enjoy the server for what it is: a simulation of war. If we take that to heart, we can't petition to have the circumstances of the combat change, we need to change our tactics, methods and tenacity to turn the tide.  

If we haven't tried that first, can we really say the server isn't working properly?

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3
E69_Falke_Wolf
3 minutes ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

And by uniting in a voice in a small, but friendly group - and in the minority, you can fight back.

That's what we're trying to do, believe me.
But you are doing very well and making it very difficult for the blue side. We will try to do better.
Greetings, and see you in the sky. ;)

• Upvote 2
13/JG5_Ehrler

After a few days and missions in this campaign, I can state for myself (only for me, not for my squadron 😉) that the biggest disparity on TAW is not the planeset, but the inability of blue to act together as a team. The blue squadrons are usually only 3-4 pilots. The red ones, on the other hand, in large groups. No wonder that blue, even at GMT, mostly just watches red in large groups attacking and destroying one target after the other like a steamroller and defending their own targets on the way. Anyone who gets in their way has very quickly 5 fighters on their six. 

Taking the Mig out as a base aircraft won't help much, even if it will make things easier for blue. However, each side will have advantages or disadvantages at some point in the war. I think the last reduction of the necessary CP for a better plane will compensate this disadvantage to some extent. Without better interaction, however, this effect will not be seen.

But I am afraid that many very good pilots have already been scared away by this bad (or suppressed?) discussion about the planeset. I hope they get back on board soon, otherwise we might as well give up the war. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
BigGinger
49 minutes ago, SCG_NoBigDreams said:

There are always times when one side has way more players, always been this way. On TAW it just affects gameplay a ton, generally the team that has more time "unopposed" will steamroll. Some sort of points balancing system could be in order, for example at 2:1 odds each ground kill only counts as 0.5 on the campaign or something like this.

We just gotta live with it, life ain't fair :ph34r:

I just want to weigh in on the opposite side of this.  Points/GK balancing gets brought up every campaign now, and while I completely understand why it's recommended, I think it's a REALLY bad idea.

To start, you'd have to decide between a purely statistical option, or a damage-scaling option:

1.  Statistical - Pilot on over-populated side gets 10 GK, but only receives points for 5 GK on website.

2.  Damage-scaling - Pilot gets 10 GK at, for example, a tank column and (for the sake of argument) completely takes it off the map.  However, because their side was over-populated, at mission roll the system decides that half of those tanks are still alive and the column goes back up for the next mission.

I don't have a huge problem with option 1, but what's the point?  You're not actually affecting the ability of the over-populated team to steamroll the map, just causing them to earn less points in the process.

Option 2 is really problematic though.  The idea of not really knowing how much damage was caused would be infuriating to me.  Even worse is that I think any such system acts as a disincentive to play.  Balance is rarely an issue when the server is full or close to full.  It's the hours with less players where a squad or two can roll in with 10 pilots and cause a huge balance swing.  Consider, for example, if a damage-scaling mechanic took effect when a team has 10 more players than the other team.  If the rest of my squad is on at that time and about to hit a target, but we have 9 more players than the other side, there's now incentive for me to NOT join the server, because we'll do less damage.  On the flip side, let's say the other team has a 10-player advantage.  Do I really want to join and try to hunt them down to interrupt their strike?  Or would I be more "effective" by staying offline and letting the damage scaling kick in?

My opinion is that you're better off working to increase overall server population, which minimizes these imbalance problems naturally.

• Upvote 3
KG200_Achilleus
Posted (edited)

Really now, is this a campaingn which you should celebrate a win, or admit a map defeat?

I belive that those numbers in online players, are the resualt of the “quiet” response for some things that took part in this campaign,

like a silent answer or something,which some times hiding a 1000 meanings..;)

S!

EE9405EC-E159-4FE1-B30E-F247F825FCBE.png

015CA035-3E46-4372-BAB8-A20206F63109.png

B89CBA4C-8FE3-4E94-847C-1B09228C3907.png

339A5AD7-4CF6-4F47-B046-1502811314BE.png

10557A36-11FC-47B6-B59E-18F6937A1108.png

Edited by KG200_Achilleus
  • Like 1
=19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor
5 часов назад, 335th_GRphgeorg сказал:

Are you serious????

No, just imagined  :)

1513628971_.png.a8e4627b72750a64c9fb55657100fd4e.png

But the planset really needs some kind of change

=TH=Kap-the-head
Posted (edited)

But based on the amount of registered players, the teams are pretty even.  It's just for some reason, the blue team decided not show up in full force.  I have to piggy back on what 13/JG5_Ehrler said, it's not about the planes, it's about the lack of teamwork on your side.  Today, at Vjazma alone you had 22 players, yet the red tank column, which was located just two squares away, barely got scratched in the whole two hours the mission lasted.  I think, a lot of blue players need to reset their priorities when flying, not everyone can be Erik Hartman.

Screenshot (62).png

Edited by =TH=Kap-the-head
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
=GEMINI=IngegnerTommy

Soooo... what happened to TAW Discord? 😅

WhiteCrow
1 hour ago, =GEMINI=IngegnerTommy said:

Soooo... what happened to TAW Discord? 😅

There was too much "feedback".  😉

Pict

Like I said earlier, the server is dynamic and fluid :) This is approx 0840 GMT 

1-0.JPG.729a75d262b1124e7dd7d5fb9cbab9ca.JPG

KoN_
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, =TH=Kap-the-head said:

But based on the amount of registered players, the teams are pretty even.  It's just for some reason, the blue team decided not show up in full force.  I have to piggy back on what 13/JG5_Ehrler said, it's not about the planes, it's about the lack of teamwork on your side.  Today, at Vjazma alone you had 22 players, yet the red tank column, which was located just two squares away, barely got scratched in the whole two hours the mission lasted.  I think, a lot of blue players need to reset their priorities when flying, not everyone can be Erik Hartman.

Screenshot (62).png

There were attacks on the tank columns but it was repelled quickly them brave pilots lost most of their planes on these attacks . 

I also asked why so little Axis pilots , which I've never seen before in European times . 

I got a reply , something about the 109-E7 plane set .

I don't know what that means as I'm not flying Axis .

Normally we would have too wait until someone left  to get online to fly Axis .

Not sure what's going on . 

I keep hearing that Allied planes are better now . Which i really don't understand . ?

I think Axis has the best plane sets , the weapons are very powerful , just a few hits from Axis will make critical damage . 

But i have not flown Axis for 6 months so maybe some changes has been made . 

Edited by KoN_
  • Sad 1
E69_Falke_Wolf
45 minutes ago, Pict said:

Like I said earlier, the server is dynamic and fluid :) This is approx 0840 GMT 

1-0.JPG.729a75d262b1124e7dd7d5fb9cbab9ca.JPG

Yes VERY "fluid"

oQ4enmC.jpg

I am not complaining about the performance of the server.
I assume it is our fault as blue side, for some reason has decided not to fly.

But it's a real shame. With all the work that the developers have put into creating this wonderful server. I don't think they are very happy with this balance.

We for our part will keep flying and try  to do our best, but it is almost useless to try to dispute the maps in these conditions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Norz

But it's a real shame. With all the work that the developers have put into creating this wonderful server. I don't think they are very happy with this balance.

AS i know they are totally satisfied with the balance.

Just to highlight: 

For all these years you would not find any server with the line 109e7 vs Mig3. You all free to make your own conclusion.

335th_GRphgeorg

Yes VERY "fluid"

oQ4enmC.jpg

I am not complaining about the performance of the server.
I assume it is our fault as blue side, for some reason has decided not to fly.

We for our part will keep flying and try  to do our best, but it is almost useless to try to dispute the maps in these conditions.

Off course we will keep trying to do our best by making sneaky and brave attack until we get a better plane. And I'm sure that this unbalance was not created in purpose by those so dedicated persons. But in the end it seems that the Reds are reqruiting from Top Gun while Blues take pilots straight from the kindergarden.

image.thumb.png.26c50cbf68a953b80784dfa938c2b3d9.png

• Like 2
E69_Gote
On 5/11/2021 at 2:00 PM, ALA13_Antiguo said:

In this edition of the TAW, as in the game itself (GREAT BATTLES ....) the right-handed pilots in the level bomber, we are excluded.

Having to fly fighters and attack planes to get our bomber plane, I think it is a titanic task and even almost impossible.

Personally, I am almost exclusively a level bomber pilot, forcing myself to fly a fighter plane does not seem fair to me.

What would a fighter pilot feel if he was asked to fly a bomber and then an attack plane in order to get his fighter plane?

Without a doubt the level bombardment is completely removed from this server (my favorite).

Being able to fly with my wing mates bomber formations as before, seems impossible to me.

Being able to survive the entire campaign also seems impossible to me, .. (I have the "The Golden Statue of KUZNECHIK" award for surviving AN ENTIRE campaign, accompanied by a diploma for the highest number of targets destroyed) .... since we are obliged to perform tasks where I personally am not right-handed (fighter planes and JABO), my specialty is bombing at height and level.

I leave you this video of the TAW. May 2020 .... what good times to gain height with friends.

Regards .

Hello!

I have no much knowledge about how the german pilots achieved the rights of flying bombers.

But Some years ago I read a book “A higher call”,  where between other more interesting things I read the following:

Franz Stigler had a brother that when finished the flight school, went directly to the twin engine school, that was the path of a bomber pilot.

He died in a ju88 one year later.

(I have photos of the text if compulsory)

So I think it would be fairly “realistic” to have an exclusive line of bomber pilots maybe with the more basic h111 h6 always and the needed of more CPs for better bombers. Or find the way to achieve this separate line for the next TAW.

I only try to cooperate with my two cents to maintain these awesome server with people fliying in it.

• Like 2
Fritz_Faber
Posted (edited)

German pilots had the following education to go through (until 1942, later they shortened the education due to war circumstances) :

All pilots certificate A and B.
The training lasted approx. 13 months and 100 to 150 hours of flight, and lighter and medium-sized, mostly older, aircraft were flown.

Bomber and attacker pilots had to take the C license additionally.

By the time a bomber pilot came to the front, he had completed around 20 months of training and completed around 220 to 270 hours of flight.

If TAW wants to be historically correct, an attacker or bomber pilot has to begin his career with Me 110 or bombers, under no circumstances with fighters or Jabos or Stukas!

The pilots of twin engine planes had completely different trainings, they never would fly a single engine fighter under combat conditions at front.

Btw all pilots at a hardcore server like TAW have more than 220 to 270 hours of flight ... so there is no reason to educate them from the beginning with basic training.

I for myself have license C, don‘t want to make again license A and B...

😉

Edited by Fritz_Faber
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1./JG42flesch

At Last Map Moscow South Mission 60 i become a JU88 in my Hangar and in the aktuell Map Moscow North there is no JU88 in my Hangar.

I must start new with a JU87 D Stuka Basic, no ME 110, no HE 111, no JU 88, i register as an Attacker, what is that for a  BS Planset!

ACG_DerSheriff

my advanced LaGG-3 was removed from map 2 to map 3. I didn't die, didn't crash.

CSW_Hot_Dog
Posted (edited)

BUG REPORT!

I'm upset now, I have had 2 Lagg-3 early (advanced planes) in my hangar on map #2. Now map #3 started and all my advanced planes are gone! WTF? Yeah offcourse, I still have Lagg-3 as basic plane on map #3, but it is basic plane I would have it anyway. Is it intended so, or BUG????????????????

If it is bug, than OK, I completely understand, but what upset me really:

I also don't understand why all public threads on DISCORD were deleted a few days ago? We were really massaged recently that DISCORD will be the only official communication platform. Now I want to send a bug report there and I can't ????

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog
ACG_DerSheriff
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

BUG REPORT!

I'm upset now, I have had 2 Lagg-3 early (advanced planes) in my hangar on map #2. Now map #3 started and all my advanced plane are gone! WTF? Yeah offcourse, I still have Lagg-3 as basic plane on map #3, but it is basic plane I would have it anyway. Is it intended so, or BUG????????????????

I also don't understand why all public threads on DISCORD were deleted a few days ago? We were really massaged recently that DISCORD will be the only official communication platform. Now I want to send a bug report there and I can't ????

they had too much feedback. Stack overflow.

Edited by ACG_DerSheriff
  • Haha 3
=LG=todeskvlt

At this moment only planes with same name are forwarding to the next map.

=OPFR=Bird

This forum burns my eyes.

Blue pilots should just fly, instead of sitting on the forum looking at the difference in player numbers.  Maybe if you flew, the player numbers would be even....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
CSW_Hot_Dog
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, =LG=todeskvlt said:

At this moment only planes with same name are forwarding to the next map.

So, not a bug, ok, so all my work is lost... If I didnt flew last sortie yesterday, I would have at least 15/16 CP and will be 1CP from new plane, this way I lost all my CPs absolutely worthless and even didnt know about that before yet I read manual 3-4 times as suggested...

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog
=LG=todeskvlt
2 minutes ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

Ok, so all my work is lost... If I didnt flew last sortie yesterday, I would have 15/16 CP and will be 1CP from new plane, this way I lost all my CPs absolutely worthless and even didnt know about that before yet I read manual 3-4 times as suggested...

Script limitation at the moment, we will update manual with this information. Thank you.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Ala13_Antiguo
3 hours ago, Fritz_Faber said:

Los pilotos alemanes tenían que pasar por la siguiente educación (hasta 1942, luego acortaron la educación debido a las circunstancias de la guerra) :

Todos los pilotos certificados A y B.
La formación duró aprox. 13 meses y 100 a 150 horas de vuelo, y se volaron aviones más livianos y medianos, en su mayoría más antiguos.

Los pilotos de bombarderos tenían que obtener la licencia C.

Para cuando un piloto de bombardero llegó al frente, había completado alrededor de 20 meses de entrenamiento y completado alrededor de 220 a 270 horas de vuelo.

Si TAW quiere ser históricamente correcto, un atacante o piloto de bombardero tiene que comenzar su carrera con Me 110 o bombarderos, ¡bajo ninguna circunstancia con cazas!

Por cierto, todos los pilotos en un servidor incondicional como TAW tienen más de 220 a 270 horas de vuelo ... así que no hay razón para educarlos desde el principio.

Yo para mí tengo licencia C, no quiero volver a hacer la licencia A y B ...

😉

you have expressed yourself better than me .......
.... to be a bomber pilot we don't have to fly fighters or JABO.

E69_Falke_Wolf
42 minutes ago, =OPFR=Bird said:

Blue pilots should just fly, instead of sitting on the forum looking at the difference in player numbers.  Maybe if you flew, the player numbers would be even....

From the creators of:

Imagen1.jpg

Now Coming!!!::

59dyrt.jpg

Please don't be offended. It's just a joke.

We blue pilots will try to fly as long as possible (some of us have jobs). Change strategy (the current one doesn't seem to work very well). And enjoy the time on the TAW (at least so the red pilots have something to shoot at).

But it's not much fun being completely outnumbered and getting beaten up on every map.
I think we would ALL have more fun with a slightly more balance. I guess it's not fun to fly with almost no opposition either.

For my part, I will not mention the pilots balance again. Enjoy!

• Haha 2
=LG=Coldman

Just wait with conclusions about balance til end of campaign. now balance with planes will start to be more favor to blues. Lets wait and see if they come.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
E69_Falke_Wolf
8 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

Just wait with conclusions about balance til end of campaign. now balance with planes will start to be more favor to blues. Lets wait and see if they come.

OK!
Don't get me wrong, I also wouldn't want to be on the side that outnumber the other.
I guess we all enjoy playing even fights to the end.
Hopefully it changes soon and ALL red and blue pilots make TAW the best IL-2 server.
See you in the Air!!!

• Thanks 1
Carl_infar
1 hour ago, =OPFR=Bird said:

+1

I remember many TAW campaigns, where we were taking off , while the balance was 4 Reds against 40+ blues...

Its the first Taw where the balance is slightly tilted in Red favour and only on first 2 maps and so much drama is happening....

Same with the planes on first 2 maps. Reds have mig which is little bit faster but turn worse than 109e... Hello its the Reds normal situation on all other maps, and during all previous campaigns, they have slower planes ...

For some blues the near equality feels like oppresion xD.

The only thing that i would change is the bomber lines to have Basic bomber plane

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 9
Norz
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, =LG=Coldman said:

LOL.

Is it the official point:

someone should suffer before to get something? Can you include it in the rules?

Edited by Norz
  • BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic