=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

you argue against everything norz

the sky wouldnt be blue for you if someone said it was on here

I want to say that there are not so many players who do it. Maybe 10--15%.

Edited by Norz

in the article are not prescribed glasses hits after the bombing field Abganerovo, the recording is visible and the penetration and destruction after them. the results are not in the statistics.

did three flights on the Ju-88 with 500 kg bombs, none considered the commander.

8 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

It's disheartening that admins are allowing this to happen. A big reason why I've lost my appetite for TAW. 

It makes you wonder...

The Admins clearly stated that airfields and depots are intended to be level bombing targets, yet he and others are still exploiting the game mechanics. 

I really can't blame anyone who simply gave up on trying to play VVS at the moment. Maybe once the VVS numbers are even lower some ...lets call them "luftwaffe enthusiasts" ..will realize that's not just about their own selfish fun.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

It makes you wonder...

The Admins clearly stated that airfields and depots are intended to be level bombing targets, yet he and others are still exploiting the game mechanics. 

I really can't blame anyone who simply gave up on trying to play VVS at the moment. Maybe once the VVS numbers are even lower some ...lets call them "luftwaffe enthusiasts" ..will realize that's not just about their own selfish fun.

i have given up, and im one of the guys who can put lots of hours into the campaign, but when its like this......im not gonna bother.

they wont realise ivy, look at these past few pages on the forum, its like banging your head against a brick wall, they dont see it as an issue at all, they would carry on if it was always 45 blues to 0 reds, and then boast how great and superior they are.

• Upvote 1

It seems like some people only enjoy by exploiting the game and ruining it for the rest of people, that they only get fun if they remove the fun from the rest, if not, I don't understand.

The reason why i am not all too concerned is that people who act destructive against the community usually don't tend to stay for very long ;)

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

The reason why i am not all too concerned is that people who act destructive against the community usually don't tend to stay for very long ;)

This guy has repeatedly broken the rules, and used the rules to his advantage, the guy cares not for the community but whatever he can do to get his sick jollies off. I really can't comprehend why the admins have not just banned the damn guy yet. I saw them ban a guy instantly after accusation of kill stealing but this dude has gone multiple campaigns being a complete and total loser and is still allowed to play. Blows my mind. Guys literally making a mockery out of the admins and they don't seem to care.

Stop implementing rules to try and get the guy to stop just ban him already.

This is like patching a leaky pipe with tape, just replace the damn pipe.

Edited by JonRedcorn
  • Like 1

So this was my first TAW campaign, and I've only been in IL2 for about a month. I played red, but was surprised that there were always twice the num of blue pilots online. Scrolling up a bit I see a lot about game balance but can't get a definitive sense - is it typical to have red so outnumbered? 

FWIW, I found TAW more compelling than the other multiplayer I have done in IL2 so far. Sine I'm new I had enough to learn every sortie that I wasn't too disheartened by the lopsided numbers. 

• Thanks 1

I am disappointed in the general state of TAW at the moment. Simply stated. It hasn't been fun and I've avoided spending any playtime there unfortunately. That time is precious and is better spent elsewhere atm. I've been playing in this server (and loving it) for the better part of two years and the current combination of rules and community are disheartening. Thats not to say it couldnt be turned around... its always a WiP. I've donated in the past and will continue to do so when I see some meaningful changes. The saddest part for me.. is that I've mostly played with a very small group, until recently when my group kind of merged with a larger and more established group. We talked them into TAW for the first time... and they played for about a week before the toxicity and current ruleset ran them off. Hope to see meaningful changes in the future. Thanks LG! 

Posted (edited)

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

+1

We try to find a remedy to this issue in the next campaign.

15 minutes ago, redcloud111 said:

Hey, guys, on another note. Will the admins recognize AKs if you were disconnected via game disconnect? I had two AKs, seen here:

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=50924&name=redcloud111

and I was heading home unharmed, and the game disconnected. It is not showing in my stats. Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks!

Unfortunately no.

• Thanks 1

My youtube acct for the past 2 yrs has been linked to a parental gmail acct at my daughter's school, and suddenly this morning some twittwat in IT over there, obviously not an IL-2 fan, shitcanned my youtube account without warning. So I spent the day setting up a new one and reloading all the vids of the past 14 months. My apologies to the subscribers who got dumped - I will be searching you all out and re-subscribing to your pages.

New Youtube page - https://www.youtube.com/user/gojazz321/featured?disable_polymer=1

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Kathon. Okay, thanks. I'll just imagine my pilot was so joyful he finally got two kills he had an aneurysm and died in his seat. Take care! 

• Haha 2

On the last map in the last campaign from the BoBp set, VVS was the first to receive SpitIX, then P47. LW received the first Fw A8, then G14. But SpitIX balanced G14, as a fighter, and P47 ~ Fw A8 as attack aircraft. Maybe issue the first aircraft SpitIX and G14, and the second P47 and Fw A8, or vice versa? But not like now, SpitIX in VVS and Fw A8 in LW, then P47 and G14.

• Haha 1

Do you have that feeling, that VVS is too strong this TAW Leopard, or what? Plane set isnt exactly 1:1 balanced every map, so leave it as it is, thanks...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

On the last map in the last campaign from the BoBp set, VVS was the first to receive SpitIX, then P47. LW received the first Fw A8, then G14. But SpitIX balanced G14, as a fighter, and P47 ~ Fw A8 as attack aircraft. Maybe issue the first aircraft SpitIX and G14, and the second P47 and Fw A8, or vice versa? But not like now, SpitIX in VVS and Fw A8 in LW, then P47 and G14.

LOLOLOLOLOL... Now he wants balance???? LOLOLOLOLOL. Even with the Spit IX u still have the advantage so dont be a coward because the Spit closes the gap a bit. Any decent LW pilot will not have any issues against it. I thought that all you flew was LW ... Certainly u got to be a master of the 109 by now, no?

• Haha 11

On 3/4/2019 at 4:56 PM, SCG_Wulfe said:

Its fantastic right now, literally just 15 Axis to 0 VVS circling the one remaining AF so that no VVS can spawn....

Last TAW when Axis did that I was dead before I spawned in.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

Last TAW when Axis did that I was dead before I spawned in.

Heh, last campaign or the one before the same happened to a friend of mine.  Then one of the LW guys posted a video of the "daring raid" on the airfield from a fixed view camera.  Since my friend was the only aircraft left to target, it was ~4 minutes of him being strafed by ~12 aircraft drifting lazily in and out of view over and over even though he died before he loaded in.

It was p. funny.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Haha 1

2 часа назад, SCG_Riksen сказал:

LOLOLOLOLOL ... Теперь он хочет уравновесить ???? LOLOLOLOLOL. Даже с IX косы у еще есть преимущество, так что не быть трусом, потому что кос закрывает разрыв немного. Любой приличный пилот LW не будет иметь никаких проблем с ним. Я думал, что все, что вы летали было ЛМ ... Конечно, у меня быть хозяином 109 в настоящее время, нет?

Write about the balance can only vvs? Ha ha

.... im not nostradamus... but based on experience i think i know. what will happen on future...

When this game  will have enought planes and escenarios for cover similar history frame like the old ADW....   is easy, from kuban ,german side dont play more . u remember? No kuban, no batalon, no berlin maps... The usually was allways  same, red side have yak3? have la7? better then is dont play. hahahahhahaah

The history is near to repeat again... or maybe i am wrong.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

Write about the balance can only vvs? Ha ha

Funny ... I don't recall you complaining when we had i16s vs E7s .... or F4s vs MiG3s like the previous TAW did.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Honestly guys I think I am done flying this campaign. I watched closely the progress of the war on map #6. It started very well for both parties, the front line moved well, the fights were balanced for first few hours until xJammer got it and started his usual AF attacks. 1 day and we lost 2 main front line fields, soon we are going to lose the 3rd and the last one closed to the front line. And that's it, the map is over. I am really surprised that the devs are just watching despite the fact that xJammer was noted starting doing this shit few maps ago and continue doing it. All what devs can propose is to try to address it in the next campaign. But this campaign still has 2 more maps. If nothing is going to change then it doesn't make any sense to continue playing this campaign.

Sorry but it becomes so annoying that it's better to stop flying then watch this nonsense.

One quick temporary solution... Add logic to the script, if xJammer attacks any of the objects on any AFs, ban him for the rest of the map immediately. And add permanent and well tested solution for the next campaign. 

Edited by 72AGs_Obi
solution added
  • Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, 72AGs_Obi said:

Honestly guys I think I am done flying this campaign. I watched closely the progress of the war on map #6. It started very well for both parties, the front line moved well, the fights were balanced for first few hours until xJammer got it and started his usual AF attacks. 1 day and we lost 2 main front line fields, soon we are going to lose the 3rd and the last one closed to the front line. And that's it, the map is over. I am really surprised that the devs are just watching despite the fact that xJammer was noted starting doing this shit few maps ago and continue doing it. All what devs can propose is to try to address it in the next campaign. But this campaign still has 2 more maps. If nothing is going to change then it doesn't make any sense to continue playing this campaign.

Sorry but it becomes so annoying that it's better to stop flying then watch this nonsense.

One quick temporary solution... Add logic to the script, if xJammer attacks any of the objects on any AFs, ban him for the rest of the map immediately. And add permanent and well tested solution for the next campaign. 

I commend you for lasting this long.  I quit map 2 based on balance and the fact that I havent flown Blue in over a year.  I probably won’t come back until significant improvements are made, since I find my time (2 hrs per night) too valuable not to have ANY fun.  This server has successfully turned me off from even booting IL2 for awhile.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, =BES=Savage-6 said:

I commend you for lasting this long.  I quit map 2 based on balance and the fact that I havent flown Blue in over a year.  I probably won’t come back until significant improvements are made, since I find my time (2 hrs per night) too valuable not to have ANY fun.  This server has successfully turned me off from even booting IL2 for awhile.

Ditto.

Posted (edited)

I went back and reviewed posts about in balance in TAW and it seems it's been happening for almost as long as TAW started. Actually - that was only 1 TAW campaign were RED outnumbered BLUE - and that was the last campaign.

I have said this over and over again - blame 1C & 777 and not TAW admin

It is easy to say RED side is always the underdog because no one like to fly RED. My answer is - who's fault is that? It's not TAWs admins. Also, it's definitely not the players for making a choice on what side they fly for..

The reason less people like to fly RED (VVS aircraft) is just personal preference. The beauty of being in Finance and Statistics is you see number patterns, then you start to understand what the patterns are telling you. The pattern I see is that more people would rather fly for the BLUE side than RED side. Let's put this in not so politically correct terms: More people are interested in virtually flying German built WWII aircraft (...not going to count the 1 Italian plane) than virtually flying Russian built WWII aircraft. For what reason - who knows really...

This is not a knock on Russian aircraft - it's just personal preference of the broader scope i.e. the general public that flies TAW.

The reason I blame 1C and 777 studios is because they came up with the idea of making this game Russia vs Germany/Italy. Imagine what would have happen if they had went with Pacific Theater WWII?  I think it would be hard pressed to have enough people flying for the Japanese side for a campaign at all (then again, I might be wrong - I would not have bought the game anyway). However, what I know for sure is TAW admin are trying their best to make it more exciting for us to play (...I like the faster supply of aircraft idea personally ;) ). Since the idea of server balancing on the back end is out, we are going to have to contend with the lopsided numbers.

It is my opinion that a mixture of RAF, USAAF/USN and VVS (RED) verses Luftwaffe,  IJN/IJA and Italian Air Force (BLUE) would have given everyone more choices and better overall campaign enjoyment. Just my two cents.

Edited by JG7_X-Man

59 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

For what reason - who knows really...

lol

Actually, everyone knows why.  The German fighters are better.  That's why.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

… I have said this over and over again - blame 1C & 777 and not TAW admin …

Not sure why you would blame 1C/777, yes maybe the aircraft matchups for each Battle Of title aren't the most balanced, but then again, that's not their fault either - they chose certain aircraft types to model to represent those periods of the war (can't appease everyone).  Early war, the German aircraft (specifically fighter aircraft) outperformed the Russian aircraft.  IMO that's probably why not many want to fly on the Russian side in TAW, especially the first few maps.  Not until the 5th or 6th map through the end of the campaign, when the Russian aircraft performance starts to close the gap on the respective German aircraft do we expect to see higher numbers on the Russian side.

The problem is, throughout the war, the number of German fighters/aircraft on the eastern front was dwarfed by the number of Russian fighters/aircraft, especially starting in '42/43, where there was a larger and larger disparity in numbers until the end of the war.  Unfortunately, in TAW, it seems to be the opposite of history, where instead of having Russian aircraft outnumbering German aircraft by a wide margin, it's often the opposite or close to parity.  You take a side with underperforming aircraft, and instead of having them in good numbers vs less numbers of better performing German aircraft (mainly fighters), it's the opposite - it's easy to see why the Russian side isn't as popular.   If the Russian side had a larger ratio of players throughout the campaign, it would make the Russian side more attractive to available players, since, even in map #1 with I-16s vs Bf109E-7's, you would have a chance just due to sheer numbers alone.

LG is going a great job setting up these campaigns, and the pilot limiter has certainly helped.  However, IMO it should  be taken to the next level - if we are trying to represent more historical numerical ratios between the German and Russian aircraft, the German side should be limited to around 30 pilots (against the max of ~82) per mission, for the entire campaign.  With that sort of cap, we may see more interest in flying Russian simply due to increased survivability.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Even outnumbered, the Reds can still compete with LW pretty well. There are different tactical options each side can implement to push the victory to its side.

All of it makes sense and becomes very interesting if the battle progresses as in normal war campaign with some deviation. Some maps have more advantage for red and visa versa.  

The problem occurs when people find some flaws which mess up the whole balance/process. Then everything falls apart and turns into some primitive arcade game.

Of course pilots can still fly but those who want to make a difference in the outcome will be disappointed as there is nothing they can do now to change the fate of this campaign. 

Edited by 72AGs_Obi

8 часов назад, SCG_Riksen сказал:

Забавно ... Я не помню, ты жалуешься, когда мы должны были i16s против E7s .... или F4s против MiG3s как предыдущий TAW сделал.

Modestly concealing that together with i16 they give P40, and when F4 appears, it is 1, while VVS has 2 Mig3, 1 Yak and 1 Lagg. I did not see your complaints when VVS flies Pe2 on the first maps and hunt on 109.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Did anybody here noticed, that every single sortie of xJammer which ended with LANDED status, xJammer damaged his plane during landing, and what is super-weird, it is all the time exactly the same damage. For example, if he flies Bf-109F4, he has all the time 6.01%, than 47.64% and finally 0.07% damage, every sortie the same damage during landing. If he flies FW-190A3, the damage is different, but again, same all the time for that airplane. Have someone here any explanation for that?

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

Did anybody here noticed, that every single sortie of xJammer which ended with LANDED status, xJammer damaged his plane during landing, and what is super-weird, it is all the time exactly the same damage. For example, if he flies Bf-109F4, he has all the time 6.01%, than 47.64% and finally 0.07% damage, every sortie the same damage during landing. If he flies FW-190A3, the damage is different, but again, same all the time for that airplane. Have someone here any explanation for that?

He doesn't use landing gear. It's faster to land without landing gear and there's no penalty for doing it.

I had to retire out of this campaign on Map 3# as there was simply no hope. 

Edited by AirshowDisaster

Posted (edited)

Why not start ban votes on the server when xjammer is on? If the admin won’t ban him, then I’d like to think enough guys on the server know about his antics and would like him gone, that includes blue, the side he flies for, he’s doing no one any favours.

Edited by SYN_Repent
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

Why not start ban votes on the server when xjammer is on? If the admin won’t ban him, then I’d like to think enough guys on the server know about his antics and would like him gone, that includes blue, the side he flies for, he’s doing no one any favours.

Good idea, good idea Repent, im for that. little confused, if this is legitim, but hey, he doesnt use landing gear on purpose as described two post before and as I think, it is against the "spirit of TAW".

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

Modestly concealing that together with i16 they give P40, and when F4 appears, it is 1, while VVS has 2 Mig3, 1 Yak and 1 Lagg. I did not see your complaints when VVS flies Pe2 on the first maps and hunt on 109.

What a great LW pilot you are ... all of those planes are still inferior to the 109. Cmon man you should know this by now, all you fly is 109. You should be ashamed of yourself for even attempting to compare.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

What a great LW pilot you are ... all of those planes are still inferior to the 109. Cmon man you should know this by now, all you fly is 109. You should be ashamed of yourself for even attempting to compare.

These guys like us to believe it’s their skills that make them superior.

5 hours ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

He just use belly landing every time. It is possible now with the new rules.

4 hours ago, SYN_Repent said:

When I was playing the red side last TAW I thought jammer Smith like a cheater. Because of 110 flying circus. But now we usually fly in TS and I see, that he is a good guy who just want to win and use every possibility to do this. Also he wanted us to switch the side during compaign to show reds how they should win but we rejected this offer.

He is a good organizator who don’t see language barriers and also try to coordinate with non English speaking players. That was usual trouble while we were playing red side last TAW. No one wants to sit at the TAW ts((( but now we can simply organize more then 10 pilots flight to any target and it’s really simple to do everything without losses.