Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

Kathon. Okay, thanks. I'll just imagine my pilot was so joyful he finally got two kills he had an aneurysm and died in his seat. Take care! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the last map in the last campaign from the BoBp set, VVS was the first to receive SpitIX, then P47. LW received the first Fw A8, then G14. But SpitIX balanced G14, as a fighter, and P47 ~ Fw A8 as attack aircraft. Maybe issue the first aircraft SpitIX and G14, and the second P47 and Fw A8, or vice versa? But not like now, SpitIX in VVS and Fw A8 in LW, then P47 and G14.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have that feeling, that VVS is too strong this TAW Leopard, or what? Plane set isnt exactly 1:1 balanced every map, so leave it as it is, thanks...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

On the last map in the last campaign from the BoBp set, VVS was the first to receive SpitIX, then P47. LW received the first Fw A8, then G14. But SpitIX balanced G14, as a fighter, and P47 ~ Fw A8 as attack aircraft. Maybe issue the first aircraft SpitIX and G14, and the second P47 and Fw A8, or vice versa? But not like now, SpitIX in VVS and Fw A8 in LW, then P47 and G14.

 

LOLOLOLOLOL... Now he wants balance???? LOLOLOLOLOL. Even with the Spit IX u still have the advantage so dont be a coward because the Spit closes the gap a bit. Any decent LW pilot will not have any issues against it. I thought that all you flew was LW ... Certainly u got to be a master of the 109 by now, no?

  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 4:56 PM, SCG_Wulfe said:

Its fantastic right now, literally just 15 Axis to 0 VVS circling the one remaining AF so that no VVS can spawn....

 

Last TAW when Axis did that I was dead before I spawned in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

 

Last TAW when Axis did that I was dead before I spawned in.

 

Heh, last campaign or the one before the same happened to a friend of mine.  Then one of the LW guys posted a video of the "daring raid" on the airfield from a fixed view camera.  Since my friend was the only aircraft left to target, it was ~4 minutes of him being strafed by ~12 aircraft drifting lazily in and out of view over and over even though he died before he loaded in.

 

It was p. funny.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 часа назад, SCG_Riksen сказал:

LOLOLOLOLOL ... Теперь он хочет уравновесить ???? LOLOLOLOLOL. Даже с IX косы у еще есть преимущество, так что не быть трусом, потому что кос закрывает разрыв немного. Любой приличный пилот LW не будет иметь никаких проблем с ним. Я думал, что все, что вы летали было ЛМ ... Конечно, у меня быть хозяином 109 в настоящее время, нет?

Write about the balance can only vvs? Ha ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.... im not nostradamus... but based on experience i think i know. what will happen on future...

 

When this game  will have enought planes and escenarios for cover similar history frame like the old ADW....   is easy, from kuban ,german side dont play more . u remember? No kuban, no batalon, no berlin maps... The usually was allways  same, red side have yak3? have la7? better then is dont play. hahahahhahaah


The history is near to repeat again... or maybe i am wrong.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

Write about the balance can only vvs? Ha ha

 

Funny ... I don't recall you complaining when we had i16s vs E7s .... or F4s vs MiG3s like the previous TAW did.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Honestly guys I think I am done flying this campaign. I watched closely the progress of the war on map #6. It started very well for both parties, the front line moved well, the fights were balanced for first few hours until xJammer got it and started his usual AF attacks. 1 day and we lost 2 main front line fields, soon we are going to lose the 3rd and the last one closed to the front line. And that's it, the map is over. I am really surprised that the devs are just watching despite the fact that xJammer was noted starting doing this shit few maps ago and continue doing it. All what devs can propose is to try to address it in the next campaign. But this campaign still has 2 more maps. If nothing is going to change then it doesn't make any sense to continue playing this campaign.

Sorry but it becomes so annoying that it's better to stop flying then watch this nonsense.

One quick temporary solution... Add logic to the script, if xJammer attacks any of the objects on any AFs, ban him for the rest of the map immediately. And add permanent and well tested solution for the next campaign. 

Edited by 72AGs_Obi
solution added
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 72AGs_Obi said:

Honestly guys I think I am done flying this campaign. I watched closely the progress of the war on map #6. It started very well for both parties, the front line moved well, the fights were balanced for first few hours until xJammer got it and started his usual AF attacks. 1 day and we lost 2 main front line fields, soon we are going to lose the 3rd and the last one closed to the front line. And that's it, the map is over. I am really surprised that the devs are just watching despite the fact that xJammer was noted starting doing this shit few maps ago and continue doing it. All what devs can propose is to try to address it in the next campaign. But this campaign still has 2 more maps. If nothing is going to change then it doesn't make any sense to continue playing this campaign.

Sorry but it becomes so annoying that it's better to stop flying then watch this nonsense.

One quick temporary solution... Add logic to the script, if xJammer attacks any of the objects on any AFs, ban him for the rest of the map immediately. And add permanent and well tested solution for the next campaign. 

 I commend you for lasting this long.  I quit map 2 based on balance and the fact that I havent flown Blue in over a year.  I probably won’t come back until significant improvements are made, since I find my time (2 hrs per night) too valuable not to have ANY fun.  This server has successfully turned me off from even booting IL2 for awhile.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =BES=Savage-6 said:

 I commend you for lasting this long.  I quit map 2 based on balance and the fact that I havent flown Blue in over a year.  I probably won’t come back until significant improvements are made, since I find my time (2 hrs per night) too valuable not to have ANY fun.  This server has successfully turned me off from even booting IL2 for awhile.

 

Ditto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I went back and reviewed posts about in balance in TAW and it seems it's been happening for almost as long as TAW started. Actually - that was only 1 TAW campaign were RED outnumbered BLUE - and that was the last campaign.

 

I have said this over and over again - blame 1C & 777 and not TAW admin

 

It is easy to say RED side is always the underdog because no one like to fly RED. My answer is - who's fault is that? It's not TAWs admins. Also, it's definitely not the players for making a choice on what side they fly for..

 

The reason less people like to fly RED (VVS aircraft) is just personal preference. The beauty of being in Finance and Statistics is you see number patterns, then you start to understand what the patterns are telling you. The pattern I see is that more people would rather fly for the BLUE side than RED side. Let's put this in not so politically correct terms: More people are interested in virtually flying German built WWII aircraft (...not going to count the 1 Italian plane) than virtually flying Russian built WWII aircraft. For what reason - who knows really...

 

This is not a knock on Russian aircraft - it's just personal preference of the broader scope i.e. the general public that flies TAW.

 

The reason I blame 1C and 777 studios is because they came up with the idea of making this game Russia vs Germany/Italy. Imagine what would have happen if they had went with Pacific Theater WWII?  I think it would be hard pressed to have enough people flying for the Japanese side for a campaign at all (then again, I might be wrong - I would not have bought the game anyway). However, what I know for sure is TAW admin are trying their best to make it more exciting for us to play (...I like the faster supply of aircraft idea personally ;) ). Since the idea of server balancing on the back end is out, we are going to have to contend with the lopsided numbers.

 

It is my opinion that a mixture of RAF, USAAF/USN and VVS (RED) verses Luftwaffe,  IJN/IJA and Italian Air Force (BLUE) would have given everyone more choices and better overall campaign enjoyment. Just my two cents.

Edited by JG7_X-Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

 For what reason - who knows really...

 

 

lol

 

Actually, everyone knows why.  The German fighters are better.  That's why.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

… I have said this over and over again - blame 1C & 777 and not TAW admin …

 

Not sure why you would blame 1C/777, yes maybe the aircraft matchups for each Battle Of title aren't the most balanced, but then again, that's not their fault either - they chose certain aircraft types to model to represent those periods of the war (can't appease everyone).  Early war, the German aircraft (specifically fighter aircraft) outperformed the Russian aircraft.  IMO that's probably why not many want to fly on the Russian side in TAW, especially the first few maps.  Not until the 5th or 6th map through the end of the campaign, when the Russian aircraft performance starts to close the gap on the respective German aircraft do we expect to see higher numbers on the Russian side.

 

The problem is, throughout the war, the number of German fighters/aircraft on the eastern front was dwarfed by the number of Russian fighters/aircraft, especially starting in '42/43, where there was a larger and larger disparity in numbers until the end of the war.  Unfortunately, in TAW, it seems to be the opposite of history, where instead of having Russian aircraft outnumbering German aircraft by a wide margin, it's often the opposite or close to parity.  You take a side with underperforming aircraft, and instead of having them in good numbers vs less numbers of better performing German aircraft (mainly fighters), it's the opposite - it's easy to see why the Russian side isn't as popular.   If the Russian side had a larger ratio of players throughout the campaign, it would make the Russian side more attractive to available players, since, even in map #1 with I-16s vs Bf109E-7's, you would have a chance just due to sheer numbers alone.

 

LG is going a great job setting up these campaigns, and the pilot limiter has certainly helped.  However, IMO it should  be taken to the next level - if we are trying to represent more historical numerical ratios between the German and Russian aircraft, the German side should be limited to around 30 pilots (against the max of ~82) per mission, for the entire campaign.  With that sort of cap, we may see more interest in flying Russian simply due to increased survivability.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Even outnumbered, the Reds can still compete with LW pretty well. There are different tactical options each side can implement to push the victory to its side.

All of it makes sense and becomes very interesting if the battle progresses as in normal war campaign with some deviation. Some maps have more advantage for red and visa versa.  

The problem occurs when people find some flaws which mess up the whole balance/process. Then everything falls apart and turns into some primitive arcade game.

Of course pilots can still fly but those who want to make a difference in the outcome will be disappointed as there is nothing they can do now to change the fate of this campaign. 

Edited by 72AGs_Obi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 часов назад, SCG_Riksen сказал:

Забавно ... Я не помню, ты жалуешься, когда мы должны были i16s против E7s .... или F4s против MiG3s как предыдущий TAW сделал.

Modestly concealing that together with i16 they give P40, and when F4 appears, it is 1, while VVS has 2 Mig3, 1 Yak and 1 Lagg. I did not see your complaints when VVS flies Pe2 on the first maps and hunt on 109.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Did anybody here noticed, that every single sortie of xJammer which ended with LANDED status, xJammer damaged his plane during landing, and what is super-weird, it is all the time exactly the same damage. For example, if he flies Bf-109F4, he has all the time 6.01%, than 47.64% and finally 0.07% damage, every sortie the same damage during landing. If he flies FW-190A3, the damage is different, but again, same all the time for that airplane. Have someone here any explanation for that?

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

Did anybody here noticed, that every single sortie of xJammer which ended with LANDED status, xJammer damaged his plane during landing, and what is super-weird, it is all the time exactly the same damage. For example, if he flies Bf-109F4, he has all the time 6.01%, than 47.64% and finally 0.07% damage, every sortie the same damage during landing. If he flies FW-190A3, the damage is different, but again, same all the time for that airplane. Have someone here any explanation for that?

He doesn't use landing gear. It's faster to land without landing gear and there's no penalty for doing it.

 

I had to retire out of this campaign on Map 3# as there was simply no hope. 

Edited by AirshowDisaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why not start ban votes on the server when xjammer is on? If the admin won’t ban him, then I’d like to think enough guys on the server know about his antics and would like him gone, that includes blue, the side he flies for, he’s doing no one any favours.

Edited by SYN_Repent
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

Why not start ban votes on the server when xjammer is on? If the admin won’t ban him, then I’d like to think enough guys on the server know about his antics and would like him gone, that includes blue, the side he flies for, he’s doing no one any favours.

Good idea, good idea Repent, im for that. little confused, if this is legitim, but hey, he doesnt use landing gear on purpose as described two post before and as I think, it is against the "spirit of TAW".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

Modestly concealing that together with i16 they give P40, and when F4 appears, it is 1, while VVS has 2 Mig3, 1 Yak and 1 Lagg. I did not see your complaints when VVS flies Pe2 on the first maps and hunt on 109.

 

What a great LW pilot you are ... all of those planes are still inferior to the 109. Cmon man you should know this by now, all you fly is 109. You should be ashamed of yourself for even attempting to compare.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

 

What a great LW pilot you are ... all of those planes are still inferior to the 109. Cmon man you should know this by now, all you fly is 109. You should be ashamed of yourself for even attempting to compare.

 

These guys like us to believe it’s their skills that make them superior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

Did anybody here noticed, that every single sortie of xJammer which ended with LANDED status, xJammer damaged his plane during landing, and what is super-weird, it is all the time exactly the same damage. For example, if he flies Bf-109F4, he has all the time 6.01%, than 47.64% and finally 0.07% damage, every sortie the same damage during landing. If he flies FW-190A3, the damage is different, but again, same all the time for that airplane. Have someone here any explanation for that?

He just use belly landing every time. It is possible now with the new rules.

 

4 hours ago, SYN_Repent said:

Why not start ban votes on the server when xjammer is on? If the admin won’t ban him, then I’d like to think enough guys on the server know about his antics and would like him gone, that includes blue, the side he flies for, he’s doing no one any favours.

When I was playing the red side last TAW I thought jammer Smith like a cheater. Because of 110 flying circus. But now we usually fly in TS and I see, that he is a good guy who just want to win and use every possibility to do this. Also he wanted us to switch the side during compaign to show reds how they should win but we rejected this offer.

He is a good organizator who don’t see language barriers and also try to coordinate with non English speaking players. That was usual trouble while we were playing red side last TAW. No one wants to sit at the TAW ts((( but now we can simply organize more then 10 pilots flight to any target and it’s really simple to do everything without losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LW only having paratroops feels pretty unbalanced too. Pe2 with para functionality, even if its not visual would be nice. Does the u2 have a mechanic now also??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, [GCA]T1m270 said:

LW only having paratroops feels pretty unbalanced too. Pe2 with para functionality, even if its not visual would be nice. Does the u2 have a mechanic now also??

 

Are you kidding about a Pe2 for that option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looked at statistics and im shocked that Jammer is 3rd in scored experince...That shows death penality is to little and favors suicidal attacks no matter if you survive or not if you hit targets...

Edited by =LG=Coldman
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know i am repeating myself but as long as there is no way to effectively predict a large scale attack there won't be anything anyone can do to stop the meta we currently "enjoy"

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My suggestion.

1. Undamaged aaa on AF and Depot.

2. Less aggressive aaa on other targets.

3. No entrance for side who already had 48 registered pilots on server.

4. No entrance if user not in Ts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 часа назад, SCG_Riksen сказал:

What a great LW pilot you are ... all of those planes are still inferior to the 109. Cmon man you should know this by now, all you fly is 109. You should be ashamed of yourself for even attempting to compare.

In capable hands and proper use, these aircraft are not inferior. In addition, you again "forgot" that the Yak69 and Lagg are planes 42. If these planes are useless, can they be removed altogether? Maybe La5fn would look better instead? She will not be ashamed to chase 109, I hope?
Why should I be ashamed to offer something when the red side offers to ban one pilot, because it prevents them from winning?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

In capable hands and proper use, these aircraft are not inferior. In addition, you again "forgot" that the Yak69 and Lagg are planes 42. If these planes are useless, can they be removed altogether? Maybe La5fn would look better instead? She will not be ashamed to chase 109, I hope?
Why should I be ashamed to offer something when the red side offers to ban one pilot, because it prevents them from winning?

 

Let's try this: U fly VVS for an entire campaign and switch places with me. I'll fly LW when u are on and you VVS and u get to fly the mighty VVS planes and see for yourself how much better they are. Deal?

 

EDIT: I see that all u can do is laugh about it. If you suck with the 109, Im afraid to tell u that u will do much worse in the VVS. Perhaps you should consider sticking to flying Ju52s only?

Edited by SCG_Riksen
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 Instead of answering the question, why VVS first to receive fighter, LW received the first attack aircraft.  You propose to swap parties. Great move. Can give trophy Bf109 VVS?

Edited by JGr8_Leopard
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could a script be made that counts any aircraft that RTB's after a sortie with say 10-15% or more damage as out of service for the rest of the next two missions, but not as a lost plane?  Personally I think the plus one aircraft should be eliminated with the exception of transports and CM requirement increased to 4.  AA at airfields and depots should be destroyable IMO, but re-spawn after a few minutes just so if a bomb hits one the pilot gets credit.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Garven said:

Could a script be made that counts any aircraft that RTB's after a sortie with say 10-15% or more damage as out of service for the rest of the next two missions, but not as a lost plane?  

 

In my experience, the percentage damage is not a useful indicator of whether an aircraft could be patched up and relaunched or needs major repairs or need writing off.  Ten percent damage can mean anything from 'I have lots of tiny holes in my wings that make no difference to my aircrafts performance'  to 'I took one unlucky bullet to the oil line for 2% damage and my engine seized solid into a useless pile of junk on finals.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

 

In my experience, the percentage damage is not a useful indicator of whether an aircraft could be patched up and relaunched or needs major repairs or need writing off.  Ten percent damage can mean anything from 'I have lots of tiny holes in my wings that make no difference to my aircrafts performance'  to 'I took one unlucky bullet to the oil line for 2% damage and my engine seized solid into a useless pile of junk on finals.'

In that case raise it to 25-30%.  Just at least make it impossible to belly land every time with no consequences.  Every time xjammer belly lands he gets around 47% damage.  

 

See ya'll next TAW.

Edited by Garven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@JG7_X-Man Back when I played IL-2 1946, the German side was still the most popular even in Western Front scenarios, with all the goodies like P-51s etc for the allied side. There was still team unbalance and admins had to ask people to switch teams quite often.



 

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 72AGs_Obi said:

Add logic to the script, if xJammer attacks any of the objects on any AFs, ban him for the rest of the map immediately. And add permanent and well tested solution for the next campaign. 

 

Please publish the whole list what is not allowed to do. Because now it is a solo attack on an enemy AF, after that you will ask something else. One question. Why do you not attack solo the enemy AF? Just do it, like he does.

 

The only problem that we have is the outnumbered blue team. Solve the issue and no one will risk to attack the enemy FA at all (solo).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...