=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

50 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:

There are just as many stupid ground attackers who attack enemy targets in a suicide fashion.

This is because taking out AAA should be the first and foremost job that should be accomplished before attacking, enemy fighters aside. And we all know how that ends if when you try to do it alone. Not very good tactics for a "Tactical" server. 

To me, it boggles my mind why anyone would want to bobble around alone in a tactical situation. But here again, who are we to say how another person chooses "have fun"? It's not going to stop I'm afraid. They just become another machine shot down.

While I do understand the passion here, if I were to get as bent out of shape about things as I see some folks do on these forums, I would find another hobby because this one is no longer fun....but that's just me.

It's like people who "prefer" their steak blackened and charred, that means they don't like steak, they prefer the flavor of ashes......but now I'm rambling.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

I know we usually don't walk around flashing our Ritterkreuzes for all to see. We don't survive long enough to get those.  

C'mon, bro, we got the Ritterkreuze before 😎... Mine lasted about 10 minutes, but still.......

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

C'mon, bro, we got the Ritterkreuze before 😎... Mine lasted about 10 minutes, but still.......

Yeah, I saw a photo of one once

• Like 1

Ritterkreuze is like the UFO of awards; rarely seen, quickly disappears, and leaves behind no evidence unless you took a photo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2018 at 5:17 PM, Gordon200 said:

I have recently begun watching a couple series of Russian television (Star TV) programs about Soviet pilots during WW2.

There a lots of mission possibilities outlined in the series called 'Night Swallows'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFK9wAOatGE

I just started watching that show, all thanks to your mentioning the series, Gordon. And thank you, btw! I am having a great time watching the Night Swallows. The show is really getting me all excited about the Po-2! I can't wait to see what we get to do with the Po-2 on the TAW. P.S. Maria Pirogova is just dreamy! 😍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewGuy_ said:

I just started watching that show, all thanks to your mentioning the series, Gordon. And thank you, btw! I am having a great time watching the Night Swallows. The show is really getting me all excited about the Po-2! I can't wait to see what we get to do with the Po-2 on the TAW. P.S. Maria Pirogova is just dreamy! 😍

Glad you liked the program as much as I did. It's really well done with good character development and a compelling story.

Having a bunch of beautiful Russian gals is an added bonus. I fell for Elizaveta Nilova shown here on the left.

g9a9m-ENYSGC9CQNW-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1516311497670._RI_SX940_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

Glad you liked the program as much as I did. It's really well done with good character development and a compelling story.

Having a bunch of beautiful Russian gals is an added bonus. I fell for Elizaveta Nilova shown here on the left.

g9a9m-ENYSGC9CQNW-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1516311497670._RI_SX940_.jpg

That situation when you got 109 on your 6 but then back gunner flashes tits and 109 spins out of control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Randoz said:

server does not work...

And the mission planner is out to lunch too...

On taw the iL2 planer site indicates the position of a warhouse, but on the game map nothing appears, I go to area, and no remarkable building.
And on the rules I can not find anything on the warhouses, can someone explain to me?

Tks 😉

Edited by Axurit

On 9/26/2018 at 11:53 PM, SCG_Sinerox said:

That's interesting Gielow, I'm not for or against but I wonder if it could help?

On 9/27/2018 at 12:49 AM, StG77_Kondor said:

OK I'm not trying to pick a silly argument with you "believme", so take my response with that in mind. 

1. That wasn't me, that was HvB, what is it about ground pounders, do we all look alike? I know we usually don't walk around flashing our Ritterkreuzes for all to see. We don't survive long enough to get those. 

2. Your original post didn't mention it would apply to just fighters. There are just as many stupid ground attackers who attack enemy targets in a suicide fashion. 

3. I still think it is a bad idea, as there are plenty of good pilots, and from what I see looking at the current Top 5 Fighter Pilots - at least two that don't belong to a squad. 

TAW already has an open TS that allows people to join up - or not.

TAW already forces pilots to register on the website. 

I think the issue is always going to be there in a 24 hour always on campaign. If you require constant flow of players from all time zones across the world, why then place another artificial qualifier? 

It would work if you want tactical air war to be tactical in first place 😅

7 hours ago, SYN_Repent said:

MR.X has been downed and captured.......the reds are celebrating hard!!!

myself and alpha_bean put paid to this scourge.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SYN_Repent said:

MR.X has been downed and captured.......the reds are celebrating hard!!!

myself and alpha_bean put paid to this scourge.

Yep...:biggrin:...the red chat radio message was full of "Hurrah...!!!"...;)...Bad day for the Luftwaffe...:drinks::yahoo::biggrin:

19 hours ago, Axurit said:

On taw the iL2 hovering site indicates the position of a warhouse, but on the game map nothing appears, I go to area, and no remarkable building.
And on the rules I can not find anything on the warhouses, can someone explain to me?

Tks 😉

No one ?

Hi guys one question

The maps scheduled for TAW are these?

MOSCOW

STALINGRAD  summer/winter?

kuban 

Any hope to see 1944 scenery?

Edited by ITAF_Rani

17 hours ago, Swing said:

Yep...:biggrin:...the red chat radio message was full of "Hurrah...!!!"...;)...Bad day for the Luftwaffe...:drinks::yahoo::biggrin:

Trust me ... even the LW was happy!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/28/2018 at 2:41 PM, Axurit said:

On taw the iL2 planer site indicates the position of a warhouse, but on the game map nothing appears, I go to area, and no remarkable building.

Tks 😉

Hep please !! 

SCG Tactical air war Highlights

Video has swastikas on the skins

Spoiler

Edited by SCG_DR1FT3R
  • Like 6

On 28/09/2018 at 14:41, Axurit said:

En revanche, le site de la raboteuse iL2 indique la position d'un warhouse, mais sur la carte du jeu, rien ne s'affiche, je vais dans la zone et aucun bâtiment remarquable.
Et sur les règles je ne peux rien trouver sur les warhouses, quelqu'un peut-il m'expliquer?

Tks  😉

Hey !! i'm not existing  ??

16 minutes ago, Axurit said:

Hey !! i'm not existing  ??

I have no idea why you don't see the depot. Maybe it was destroyed? Did you check the recon data on the TAW site?
I'm sure sooner or later the more experienced "campaigners" will answer you.

Just now, Axurit said:

Hep please !! 

I would suggest recording your missions.

I've noticed more and more guys appear to land, leave the server to go check their videos to see what needs to be hit or what they have hit and then rejoin the server and start the attack again with the knowledge of where exactly they need to drop the next lot of bombs.  It is unfortunate that the TAW guys can't stop this type of behaviour though, as getting such up to-date bomb damaged/intelligence information is really kind of taking the biscuit and perhaps just another element where this game will never be able to give that type of historical accuracy that perhaps required a Recce flight to confirm the damage.

Anyway, before we have the usually back-lash, I realise that everybody can record their missions, so I guess nobody is gaining an unfair advantage, however, for me I'm happy to keep doing the long haul high alt bombing and hitting nothing to RTB, where as others know exactly where to drop that last bomb.  

Therefore, I would suggest just recording every mission as you might just be dropping bombs on already damaged/dead targets.

Regards

what amazes me again is the ineffectiveness of russian AA, 109s can fly around over targets and airfields with impunity, where as the german AA knocks everything out the sky with ease, the 109's arent even scared to come over red bases, as seen in the above video.

Edited by SYN_Repent

In fact, I do not know what type of target to find on Verh. Tsaritsinsky in 1422 on the current map for example.

2 hours ago, SYN_Repent said:

what amazes me again is the ineffectiveness of russian AA, 109s can fly around over targets and airfields with impunity, where as the german AA knocks everything out the sky with ease, the 109's arent even scared to come over red bases, as seen in the above video.

Uhm... Dunno about that, dude. Had my 110 instantly wing-clipped by a 61-K, Sheriff got sniped at 5.5 km by an 85mm in the AA's opening salvo, and I've been attacking Pe-2s and IL-2s who attacked an airfield, basically without attacking the AA, having 20 mm guns shooting at them for MINUTES without more than maybe 1 kill on 3+ planes.

Not sure about light but at least the heavy flak is very lethal, when we only had heinkels we suffered 25-35 % loss ratio to flak alone, bombing at 5-5,5k. Its better now with Ju 88(bombing at 5,5 to 6k) but still high. In a 109 I spend absolute minimum time in flak, at high speed, high alt and maneuvering, always only to draw fire away from bombers(that are killed by flak anyway) and I've still been hit and killed by it all the way to 6k

7 minutes ago, Inkompetent said:

Uhm... Dunno about that, dude. Had my 110 instantly wing-clipped by a 61-K, Sheriff got sniped at 5.5 km by an 85mm in the AA's opening salvo, and I've been attacking Pe-2s and IL-2s who attacked an airfield, basically without attacking the AA, having 20 mm guns shooting at them for MINUTES without more than maybe 1 kill on 3+ planes.

Having played both sides multiple times the aaa problem is as bad for both sides. It's just russian planes are more rugged that it seems that way. Also it seems to me that the reds deal with aaa at tanks much faster than blue side, but maybe its just an impression.

You do realize that the point of the video is exposing a cheater, right? 

• Haha 2

Hi guys,

I don't know if here is the right place for this post but I have a question about the sorties... On the TAW stats is there an option to see all of my sorties or I can only see the last 38?

Sorry for my bad English.

Regards,

15(Span.)/JG51Costa 

2 hours ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

Also it seems to me that the reds deal with aaa at tanks much faster than blue side, but maybe its just an impression.

Because we have guys fly weasel and drag the flak so another guy can take it out.  

3 minutes ago, Garven_Dreis said:

Because we have guys fly weasel and drag the flak so another guy can take it out.  

blues too, just doing it less often I feel

Even when there is like only 20 people one the server, the red side picks a target tank group and goes for it, even when they are not in the same squadron or even on comms...on average they do that more often, so that is why they are a bit more effective in that regard.

• Upvote 1