=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

We have already seen a very similar situation. But unfortunately, no one has recorded it. It was the same player. Thx Norz.

17 hours ago, Swing said:

Yep...:biggrin:...the red chat radio message was full of "Hurrah...!!!"...;)...Bad day for the Luftwaffe...:drinks::yahoo::biggrin:

Trust me ... even the LW was happy!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/28/2018 at 2:41 PM, Axurit said:

On taw the iL2 planer site indicates the position of a warhouse, but on the game map nothing appears, I go to area, and no remarkable building.
And on the rules I can not find anything on the warhouses, can someone explain to me?

Tks 😉

Hep please !! 

SCG Tactical air war Highlights

Video has swastikas on the skins

Spoiler

Edited by SCG_DR1FT3R
  • Like 6

On 28/09/2018 at 14:41, Axurit said:

En revanche, le site de la raboteuse iL2 indique la position d'un warhouse, mais sur la carte du jeu, rien ne s'affiche, je vais dans la zone et aucun bâtiment remarquable.
Et sur les règles je ne peux rien trouver sur les warhouses, quelqu'un peut-il m'expliquer?

Tks  😉

Hey !! i'm not existing  ??

16 minutes ago, Axurit said:

Hey !! i'm not existing  ??

I have no idea why you don't see the depot. Maybe it was destroyed? Did you check the recon data on the TAW site?
I'm sure sooner or later the more experienced "campaigners" will answer you.

Just now, Axurit said:

Hep please !! 

I would suggest recording your missions.

I've noticed more and more guys appear to land, leave the server to go check their videos to see what needs to be hit or what they have hit and then rejoin the server and start the attack again with the knowledge of where exactly they need to drop the next lot of bombs.  It is unfortunate that the TAW guys can't stop this type of behaviour though, as getting such up to-date bomb damaged/intelligence information is really kind of taking the biscuit and perhaps just another element where this game will never be able to give that type of historical accuracy that perhaps required a Recce flight to confirm the damage.

Anyway, before we have the usually back-lash, I realise that everybody can record their missions, so I guess nobody is gaining an unfair advantage, however, for me I'm happy to keep doing the long haul high alt bombing and hitting nothing to RTB, where as others know exactly where to drop that last bomb.  

Therefore, I would suggest just recording every mission as you might just be dropping bombs on already damaged/dead targets.

Regards

what amazes me again is the ineffectiveness of russian AA, 109s can fly around over targets and airfields with impunity, where as the german AA knocks everything out the sky with ease, the 109's arent even scared to come over red bases, as seen in the above video.

Edited by SYN_Repent

2 hours ago, SYN_Repent said:

what amazes me again is the ineffectiveness of russian AA, 109s can fly around over targets and airfields with impunity, where as the german AA knocks everything out the sky with ease, the 109's arent even scared to come over red bases, as seen in the above video.

Uhm... Dunno about that, dude. Had my 110 instantly wing-clipped by a 61-K, Sheriff got sniped at 5.5 km by an 85mm in the AA's opening salvo, and I've been attacking Pe-2s and IL-2s who attacked an airfield, basically without attacking the AA, having 20 mm guns shooting at them for MINUTES without more than maybe 1 kill on 3+ planes.

Not sure about light but at least the heavy flak is very lethal, when we only had heinkels we suffered 25-35 % loss ratio to flak alone, bombing at 5-5,5k. Its better now with Ju 88(bombing at 5,5 to 6k) but still high. In a 109 I spend absolute minimum time in flak, at high speed, high alt and maneuvering, always only to draw fire away from bombers(that are killed by flak anyway) and I've still been hit and killed by it all the way to 6k

7 minutes ago, Inkompetent said:

Uhm... Dunno about that, dude. Had my 110 instantly wing-clipped by a 61-K, Sheriff got sniped at 5.5 km by an 85mm in the AA's opening salvo, and I've been attacking Pe-2s and IL-2s who attacked an airfield, basically without attacking the AA, having 20 mm guns shooting at them for MINUTES without more than maybe 1 kill on 3+ planes.

Having played both sides multiple times the aaa problem is as bad for both sides. It's just russian planes are more rugged that it seems that way. Also it seems to me that the reds deal with aaa at tanks much faster than blue side, but maybe its just an impression.

You do realize that the point of the video is exposing a cheater, right? 

• Haha 2

Hi guys,

I don't know if here is the right place for this post but I have a question about the sorties... On the TAW stats is there an option to see all of my sorties or I can only see the last 38?

Sorry for my bad English.

Regards,

15(Span.)/JG51Costa 

2 hours ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

Also it seems to me that the reds deal with aaa at tanks much faster than blue side, but maybe its just an impression.

Because we have guys fly weasel and drag the flak so another guy can take it out.  

3 minutes ago, Garven_Dreis said:

Because we have guys fly weasel and drag the flak so another guy can take it out.  

blues too, just doing it less often I feel

Even when there is like only 20 people one the server, the red side picks a target tank group and goes for it, even when they are not in the same squadron or even on comms...on average they do that more often, so that is why they are a bit more effective in that regard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Costa said:

Hi guys,

I don't know if here is the right place for this post but I have a question about the sorties... On the TAW stats is there an option to see all of my sorties or I can only see the last 38?

Regards,

15(Span.)/JG51Costa 

Unfortunetelly you can´t see all of the sorties

7 hours ago, Axurit said:

In fact, I do not know what type of target to find on Verh. Tsaritsinsky in 1422 on the current map for example.

There are no targets there, it is just a city. The city might have defensive positions around it that you can attack, but these positions will only be there when there is tanks approaching the city.

The ingame map actually tells you what places you should attack or defend. If there is no attack or defend text on the map, then there is no point in going there.

4 hours ago, =19FAB=AlterEgo said:

Hello,

Does anyone know the reason of the 0.000 dmg ? Are there rubber bullets in IL-2 ?
http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=37413&name==19FAB=AlterEgo

Thanks in advance,

AlterEgo

I think it is connected to last patch. Devs told that they tuned dmg detection. Before patch I had some situation when I was sure I saw I hit plane with 7.7mm I saw spark and debris but on taw log there was no dmg done. Maybe now it's calculated as 0 damage.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chopper said:

Il n'y a pas de cibles là-bas, c'est juste une ville. La ville peut avoir des positions défensives autour desquelles vous pouvez attaquer, mais ces positions ne seront présentes que lorsque des chars approcheront de la ville.

La carte ingame vous indique en fait quels endroits vous devez attaquer ou défendre. S'il n'y a pas d'attaque ou de défense de texte sur la carte, il est inutile d'y aller.

ok tks 😉

On 9/29/2018 at 11:37 AM, SCG_DR1FT3R said:

SCG Tactical air war Highlights

Video has swastikas on the skins

Hide contents

I like your videos bud.

Nice work.

15 hours ago, Haza said:

I would suggest recording your missions.

I've noticed more and more guys appear to land, leave the server to go check their videos to see what needs to be hit or what they have hit and then rejoin the server and start the attack again with the knowledge of where exactly they need to drop the next lot of bombs.  It is unfortunate that the TAW guys can't stop this type of behaviour though, as getting such up to-date bomb damaged/intelligence information is really kind of taking the biscuit and perhaps just another element where this game will never be able to give that type of historical accuracy that perhaps required a Recce flight to confirm the damage.

Anyway, before we have the usually back-lash, I realise that everybody can record their missions, so I guess nobody is gaining an unfair advantage, however, for me I'm happy to keep doing the long haul high alt bombing and hitting nothing to RTB, where as others know exactly where to drop that last bomb.  

Therefore, I would suggest just recording every mission as you might just be dropping bombs on already damaged/dead targets.

Regards

I understand your gripe. The only way for you to get a full authentic feel is to have it be historically accurate right to the end. Germans lose.

The ACG campaign has this... It's not a competition, accuracy is more important. However as this is competitive gimping yourself in any way while everyone else is playing to win is you wishing for a play style competitive play will not give.

To play devils advocate, pretend it was a recce flight confirmation.   :P

• Thanks 1

Their should be a different persona for fighter and bomber pilots, so if I choose to fly bombers to resupply or bomb I shouldn't be punished for dying in it and losing my fighter pilots life. It'd create more incentive to fly bombers as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

However as this is competitive gimping yourself in any way while everyone else is playing to win is you wishing for a play style competitive play will not give.

To play devils advocate, pretend it was a recce flight confirmation.  

I certainly would not like to waste my time logging out to check a replay. Should everyone then too make dual accounts to check for paradrops and so forth? At what point is the enigma fully cracked? :P 

4 hours ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

Their should be a different persona for fighter and bomber pilots, so if I choose to fly bombers to resupply or bomb I shouldn't be punished for dying in it and losing my fighter pilots life. It'd create more incentive to fly bombers as well.

Or just bite the proverbial bullet and fly bombers and attackers. 

Whenever there is only SCG and other fighter only pilots on the server, the VVS can rest easy as no soviet targets will be hit. 

4 hours ago, Pedersen said:

I certainly would not like to waste my time logging out to check a replay. Should everyone then too make dual accounts to check for paradrops and so forth? At what point is the enigma fully cracked? :P 

Why people are so illiterate about basic game mechanics... 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

You cant log out at prime time as when the server is full it can take 20 min + to get back in.

Usings recordings, viewed with another account on a second machine while primary account flies on TAW or not, to "recon" ground targets is just another exploit no different to spying enemy brief for stuff that doesnt show up on your side's brief. One of the reasons why flight recordings do not show planes beyond the 10 km visibility bubble is because they used this very same cheat around year 2003 to check where people take off and where bombers fly. Yes it was very fun to get intercepted literally 110 km out to the sea in Kuban at 8000 m. Not.

6 hours ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

Transport missions are easy milk runs.  Maybe fly one V-life as bomber and if you die fly next V-life as fighter; basically switch roles every V-life if you don't want to mix them.  Personally I see myself as a multi-role pilot during TAW that is willing to carry out both tasks based on what helps my team the most at the moment and I try to survive as long as possible accomplishing those tasks.  That being said in between TAW's I'm going to take a break from bombers and fly fighters primarily.

Edited by Garven_Dreis

I wonder if as some point the rationale behind not being awarded kills/G Kills if you don't make it back intact could be reviewed. 

I totally get why not awarding kills when you end up dead or captured or bailed makes sense but having flown for the best part of an hour and half, loitered over target for 25 mins for a gap in the clouds and successfully hit the target it really annoys when you don't get the mission rewards because you ditched. Especially if you made it to the airfield or very close too. More so since you get the aircraft back too. 

7 minutes ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

I like your videos bud.

Nice work.

I understand your gripe. The only way for you to get a full authentic feel is to have it be historically accurate right to the end. Germans lose.

The ACG campaign has this... It's not a competition, accuracy is more important. However as this is competitive gimping yourself in any way while everyone else is playing to win is you wishing for a play style competitive play will not give.

To play devils advocate, pretend it was a recce flight confirmation.   :P

I play this game as a PC flight sim so I have no real interest in the historical outcome of the overall conflict, as lets face it, I think we all know what the outcome was.  However, I wouldn't stop buying IL2 Battle Of  Vietnam knowing that the Americans and Allies lost, but I would buy it to have that PC sim experience. 

Therefore, I'm not that stupid to talk about the overall outcome of the conflict, however, whilst playing this sim, I do try and understand the limitations that perhaps these aviators had back then, as far as is practicable in a PC game.  That said, there are certain rules that are in place to try and prevent players from cheating or gimping as you put it, yet when we believe somebody is cheating there is a big up roar and we have video evidence because they are gaining an unfair advantage. 

Therefore, my point regarding recording was to merely point out that although both sides can do it, there is a way of basically having the pin point accuracy that perhaps was not available back in the day, as carpet bombing was usually the way to destroy a target, where as here, potentially 3/4 guys can take out a whole objective knowing what the trigger points are in a large complex. 

Now you could call this cheating, but I guess because everybody can do it, it is acceptable.  However,  I would like to see the end of in game chat, tech chat, auto-level and anything that gives players an advantage in an PC aircraft.  I'm guessing that there are some players who do not even know where half the levers are for the various controls or what the various instruments mean and totally depend just on tech chat to tell them.   Therefore, I believe that it is unfortunate that there are a number of systems in the game that can be abused or can not be fully appreciated, but we can all play how we want to.  I guess as you put it, it comes come down to the types of individuals who play this PC game and what they want from it. 

Currently, I believe that TAW is one of the few servers, if not the best, that is doing a great job of giving us that true PC sim WW2 A2A/A2G aircraft experiences and my suggestion was only trying to add to this experience and pointing out something that can/could be abused and perhaps could be addressed by perhaps being able to remove the trigger markers from objectives to conceal that target. 

However, at the end of the day, everybody should be able to play this sim in the server of their choice and follow the server rules etc and my observation was just an observation.  That said, I'm not sure how the ACG server will be any different!?

Regards

Haza

A2A: Air-To-Air

A2G: Air-To-Ground

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Axis lost a bunch of AFs and territory overnight european time once again. Last map I disconnected in the evening and connected the next morning, we had lost 5 of our 7 airfields, 2 captured, 2 had tanks right next to it, and the other one was destroyed. It's the night witches isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cpt_Siddy said:

Or just bite the proverbial bullet and fly bombers and attackers. 

Whenever there is only SCG and other fighter only pilots on the server, the VVS can rest easy as no soviet targets will be hit. 

Why people are so illiterate about basic game mechanics... 

I'm guessing with your 25 deaths, you aren't one of those VVS guys resting easy.

It looks like you are single- handedly supplying the entire VVS war machine!

Regards

• Haha 2

On 9/28/2018 at 2:41 PM, Axurit said:

On taw the iL2 planer site indicates the position of a warhouse, but on the game map nothing appears, I go to area, and no remarkable building.
And on the rules I can not find anything on the warhouses, can someone explain to me?

Tks 😉

I need to know mission number.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:46 PM, Krupinskii said:

Ditched smoothly in a field with minor damage on friendly territory, counts as "Crashed" ? Guess I should have shut the engine off first...

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=32394&name=Krupinskii

Untitled.png

You ditched 1210.8 and I assume that it was little closer to the enemy defense position than to friendly units. Engine off has nothing to do here. Always try to ditch as close to friendly units as possible. 

On 9/30/2018 at 6:56 AM, Krupinskii said:

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=36332&name=ECV56_Rodri

"WAS DAMAGED - 0.000"

I've never seen this before.. bullets causing no damage. Where did they go? Vanish into thin air?

This strange values are in log files. Probably a bug of the game after latest patch. 

On 9/30/2018 at 2:34 PM, 15[Span.]/JG51Costa said:

Hi guys,

Regards,

15(Span.)/JG51Costa 

There is a little magic trick ;) change pilot.php to pilot_all.php in the URL in your web browser.

12 hours ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

Then many would fly as bombers to suicide missions only to destroy enemy targets. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1