=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I find that exclusively flying the Pe-2 to annoy Axis pilots is the best thing I can do for my own entertainment until later maps.  The MiG is also fun.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, II./JG77_Myn said:

The mig3 needs combat missions... the germans start with f2s??

Negative, CM. We get 2 E7s and maybe a 202 I think.

Sorry guys server is down(skript error)  

kathon is already informed, but the fix could take a while

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Willy__ said:

Look again, the MiG3 should be available, but the Lagg3 we have ingame IS NOT the 41 version, its more of late series of the lagg3s, which make sense since it came with battle of Stalingrad, which happened a little bit later than the battle of Moscow

Technically speaking our F-4 is also a 1942 variant, as it can go past 1.3 ata.

5 hours ago, II./JG77_Myn said:

Honestly the early map set for the Russians is brutal...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-3

Yep. The Mig-3 with 2xShvak produced in only 52 pieces of over 3K built during 1942 is brutal in 1941 scenario.

If we had i-153, SB-2, Su-2 and other planes, it would be much more interesting experience :salute:

• Upvote 1

Ladies/Gents,

I have logged on at various times and have noticed that the apparent imbalance previously discussed does swing depending on the various time-zones.  I realise that this can be a real pain in the butt when you want to play (as I have found out) when the sides are uneven, however, as a minor observation, I've noticed that the loses of aircraft,pilots and tanks etc on both sides has remain fairly close, so overall I think that the game is well balanced in the grand scheme of things.

That said, what I do enjoy about TAW is how reserved players are in this server and players usually only attack when they believe that they will not die or lose an aircraft.  Therefore, although we can all grumble about various issues that perhaps may need refining, the one thing that I think we can all agree on, is that this server gives you a feeling of self preservation and that panic feeling you get when you are lost and have no idea where TF you are.  This is compounded when you do not have a homing beacon on-board, as that sinking feeling, no matter how many times it happens, always feels like the first time.

Regards

Edited by Haza
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

17 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

2.) Shoulder Shooting:  If ever I did, it was because I was unaware I wasn't the lead plane, or the "lead" plane was so off-angle from me it wouldn't technically be shoulder shooting.  Generally, I avoid doing it. 

If however you do shoulder shoot over me, I have ZERO problem with "accidentally" twitching the trigger should you fly out in front of me - even if I hit nothing.  

3.)  Shoulder Shooting that causes me damage:  That's right you shot over my shoulder and hit me instead of the enemy.  Now, not only do I have ZERO qualms about pumping lead into your plane, but if you do bail, it's bye-bye chute as well.  I'll take whatever level of ban the server dishes out and smile about it too. 

This and the recent events made me think of this

547781.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Haza said:

Ladies/Gents,

I have logged on at various times and have noticed that the apparent imbalance previously discussed does swing depending on the various time-zones.  I realise that this can be a real pain in the butt when you want to play (as I have found out) when the sides are uneven, however, as a minor observation, I've noticed that the loses of aircraft,pilots and tanks etc on both sides has remain fairly close, so overall I think that the game is well balanced in the grand scheme of things.

That said, what I do enjoy about TAW is how reserved players are in this server and players usually only attack when they believe that they will not die or lose an aircraft.  Therefore, although we can all grumble about various issues that perhaps may need refining, the one thing that I think we can all agree on, is that this server gives you a feeling of self preservation and that panic feeling you get when you are lost and have no idea where TF you are.  This is compounded when you do not have a homing beacon on-board, as that sinking feeling, no matter how many times it happens, always feels like the first time.

Regards

You could even argue the options to pick another area is causing this, if its 2:1 and these are the objectives on mission start may aswell come back in 2hrs

84 players berloga isn't fun it certainly won't help with the imbalances throughout seasons and maps# and timezones

The point of supply convoys to tanks is completely gone (I dont know if they exist anymore)

2C40CACB9BEB05604FC537D4FFB135ABBEA47319

Edited by =FEW=N3croo
added timezones

19 hours ago, Ropalcz said:

Yep. The Mig-3 with 2xShvak produced in only 52 pieces of over 3K built during 1942 is brutal in 1941 scenario.

If we had i-153, SB-2, Su-2 and other planes, it would be much more interesting experience :salute:

I have no problem limiting the Shvak variant. I'm all for realism.

The problem is, however, that planes are available at these dates and are not an option. At least be competitive.

What if the Germans only started with the Folgore? Is that realistic?

@=FEW=N3croo
Ahhhh yes. BF City ;). We have 200 million square km map, yet all objectives are in an area easily covered by 2 fighters.

Edited by StG77_Kondor
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, II./JG77_Myn said:

What if the Germans only started with the Folgore? Is that realistic?

Nope. Folgore saw very limited use there.

I would set a BF 109 F-2 with the 15mm nosegun only (with 20mm gun upgrade locked on the first two maps) as a basic plane instead of E-7 :salute:

2 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

@=FEW=N3croo
Ahhhh yes. BF City ;). We have 200 million square km map, yet all objectives are in an area easily covered by 2 fighters.

That's my point too. Russian front was fluid and we should have targets everywhere like we have in single player campaign. Maybe someday with more powerful PCs.

21 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

That's my point too. Russian front was fluid and we should have targets everywhere like we have in single player campaign. Maybe someday with more powerful PCs.

We would like to have it like that too but its impossible due to performance. 😞

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

We would like to have it like that too but its impossible due to performance. 😞

Can we maybe add some random small depots/ troop concentration points at medium range from frontline and 2 or 3 random extra arty/defensive positions on front line??

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

Can we maybe add some random small depots at medium range from frontline and 2 or 3 random extra arty/defensive positions on front line??

Maybe a scattering of those types of targets instead of two big depots at the rear if performance is an issue. 

By the way any plans for a WW1 TAW map when FC is fully released?

Edited by Garven_Dreis

15 minutes ago, Garven_Dreis said:

Maybe a scattering of those types of targets instead of two big depots at the rear if performance is an issue. 

By the way any plans for a WW1 TAW map when FC is fully released?

No plans for WW I

27 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

Can we maybe add some random small depots/ troop concentration points at medium range from frontline and 2 or 3 random extra arty/defensive positions on front line??

As I said all in performance.

Can i report UC_Nuni for purposefully ramming me on the runway at take off at the beginning of this mission. Was seen by N3cro and Inkocompetent. 

• Upvote 2

Can we add in the future some kind of script that you are only allowed to take off when you have at least two players with the same squad tag?? It would maybe help with WoL loners around here and create a tactical environment.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

Can we add in the future some kind of script that you are only allowed to take off when you have at least two players with the same squad tag?? It would maybe help with WoL loners around here and create a tactical environment.

I really hope you're joking.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, nightrise said:

Can i report UC_Nuni for purposefully ramming me on the runway at take off at the beginning of this mission. Was seen by N3cro and Inkocompetent. 

Can elaborate on that the three of us had rolled up onto the Ryabinki FSP runway for a group start as the first to spawn in for that new round. Just as we are about to take off nightrise gets rammed at high speed from behind by UC_Nuni, who apparently immediately after he got his engine started just pushed full throttle and went straight forward from the spawning spot right up nightrise's tail.

• Upvote 2

On 9/23/2018 at 4:38 PM, SCG_DR1FT3R said:

Of course, but i feel both party's were in the wrong, . Saying that this was all SCG is a bit BS, But i do apologies for this whole mess.

It is though. You berated a stranger then shot at him. When he retaliated you made it worse. Without the actions of SCG there would be no incident other than someone being a tool and chute shooting.

Now you look bad as a group instead of the putz who likes to blast a dangling helpless player.

It's like when my wife is being a jerk and then I act meaner than her..... I was right but now I'm wrong and I have to apologize for winning the fight I didn't start..... Another thing is that in attempting to explain and defend your actions negates apology. You are not remorseful. You are giving the TAW community an empty apology.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:20 PM, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

I'm not so sure.  I suspect the only thing that would yield better balance would be Kuban-era campaigns.

I am. Currently ACG has the longest running air combat campaign. We are successful because we don't have stacked sides.

We are adjusting to BoX and even though our Red pilots are adjusting to their new rides our campaign is balanced more or less. If numbers start swinging too badly we reasign aircraft and ask ppl to transfer. In some cases they are just transferred. I was moved to a new squadron that needed ppl.. I did not have a choice.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:40 PM, LeLv76_Erkki said:

In my experience even late war East front is stacked to blues even if its Laa-laa-7 vs. 109 G-6. Its not so much about Kraut fanboyism than refusal to fly anything with a red star painted on it.

West front has even or nearly even numbers thanks to Spitfire.

Agreed, I was guilty. My love of Soviet fighters was a slow burn.

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper

dunno if we have a correlation or causality, everytime it turns into tactical berloga ppl dont wnat to fly the loosing side anymore☹️

image.thumb.png.8d440bf606e6b38e07bc82c4bf050ecb.png

2 hours ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

It is though. You berated a stranger then shot at him. When he retaliated you made it worse. Without the actions of SCG there would be no incident other than someone being a tool and chute shooting.

Now you look bad as a group instead of the putz who likes to blast a dangling helpless player.

It's like when my wife is being a jerk and then I act meaner than her..... I was right but now I'm wrong and I have to apologize for winning the fight I didn't start..... Another thing is that in attempting to explain and defend your actions negates apology. You are not remorseful. You are giving the TAW community an empty apology.

Sure, was definitely our fault, but if he wanted to be morally right here, he wouldn't continue and shoot at an SCG member,  but instead he did not take the moral high ground, he stepped down to "our level" in this arguement. It's like saying that since you murdered someone, I can murder you and get away with it. It dousnt work like this. You will get the same punishment as the 1st guy! But yet you seem to negate this.

The fact that you bring this arguement back up is interesting to me, after both sides apologies, yet you continue to beat the dead  horse, I suggest dropping it.

Like I said, I apologies for this cluster fuck of a mess, and want to state this was definitely a one off. Me, and some other higher ups of SCG have hosted a meeting with the individual that has started all of this. And we came to a mutual agreement and have fixed it. 

Good day.

Edited by SCG_DR1FT3R

4 hours ago, Inkompetent said:

Can elaborate on that the three of us had rolled up onto the Ryabinki FSP runway for a group start as the first to spawn in for that new round. Just as we are about to take off nightrise gets rammed at high speed from behind by UC_Nuni, who apparently immediately after he got his engine started just pushed full throttle and went straight forward from the spawning spot right up nightrise's tail.

The classic "ill get something to drink while my engine star.... OH SHI I FORGOT THE THROTTLE ON FULL OPEN" 

1 hour ago, =FEW=N3croo said:

dunno if we have a correlation or causality, everytime it turns into tactical berloga ppl dont wnat to fly the loosing side anymore☹️

"Target Rich Environment" 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

<iframe width="1039" height="621" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/

Having been chute shot, I honestly do not care one-way or another. If you play this as a simulator of the war, the tactic was often used. Gentlemen do not win wars. The pilot that killed my virtual life had made the decision to kill me the moment I bailed out. One less plane and one less pilot. It is just the same for me. I play the game as a war simulator. While I will not chute kill my enemy I always wait till my pilot hits the ground before I quit. You will be surprised how many times you get killed hitting trees. To each his own virtual TAW. I do not begrudge the pilot his kills... S!

Edited by =69.GIAP=Shvak

2 hours ago, =FEW=N3croo said:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8d440bf606e6b38e07bc82c4bf050ecb.png

It would be a true mystery where the ground attack planes are headed. "Well I could high level bomb AFs or depot"...Checks weather. Oh. OK time to clean the dishes instead.

2 hours ago, SCG_DR1FT3R said:

Sure, was definitely our fault, but if he wanted to be morally right here, he wouldn't continue and shoot at an SCG member,  but instead he did not take the moral high ground, he stepped down to "our level" in this arguement. It's like saying that since you murdered someone, I can murder you and get away with it. It dousnt work like this. You will get the same punishment as the 1st guy! But yet you seem to negate this.

The fact that you bring this arguement back up is interesting to me, after both sides apologies, yet you continue to beat the dead  horse, I suggest dropping it.

Like I said, I apologies for this cluster fuck of a mess, and want to state this was definitely a one off. Me, and some other higher ups of SCG have hosted a meeting with the individual that has started all of this. And we came to a mutual agreement and have fixed it. 

Good day.

I was busy. Games are not life. Popped back in and replied to you quote.

Beating a dead horse to you, it's not embarrassing to me. I didn't take part in shenanigans. I'm also not the sort to let you get the last word in. 

End of the day SCG looks like a pack of kids and your continued conversation with me is entertainment. You are not sorry. You are embarrassed and want us to forget the childish display which SCG members brought on themselves.

The whole episode is funny.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Jesus, Smokejumper, get your panties out of a knot... Enough of the SCG crap already. It was one incident where tempers flared, YOU were not even involved, and yet feel you have to have a say in it. The parties involved have made peace, and yet you keep bringing this thing up. I had to go back 3 pages to even figure what the hell you were talking about. The only thing this is devolving into is you are making yourself look bad... Give it a rest...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Nah, I'm a giant douche. Come on SCG guys keep making the guys who worked hard to start SCG look like asshats.

I've played with them in Cliffs for years. It was me who came into SCG TS to let you know that ACG is moving to BoX and we will have a name conflict.

I don't care if I look bad. I'm awful...... However, I'm sure your leads dislike you making SCG look like children.

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guys,

I suggest you keep this issue to PM or prívate  forums.If you insists in bringing it up again I will hate to but will have to get involucred.

Haash

PS: Probably all off topic will be deleted later. 

1 hour ago, StG77_Kondor said:

It would be a true mystery where the ground attack planes are headed. "Well I could high level bomb AFs or depot"...Checks weather. Oh. OK time to clean the dishes instead.

DEATH BEFORE DISHES!!!!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

I really hope you're joking.

Strange. You were complaining about suicidal loners flying on this server in one of your videos. That was from I elaborate this ideia. This rule should not apply for ground attackers and bombers. People would look for a squadron thread to find others players in the same gaming time zone or start a new one.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

Strange. You were complaining about suicidal loners flying on this server in one of your videos. That was from I elaborate this ideia. This rule should not apply for ground attackers and bombers. People would look for a squadron thread to find others players in the same gaming time zone or start a new one.

OK I'm not trying to pick a silly argument with you "believme", so take my response with that in mind. 

1. That wasn't me, that was HvB, what is it about ground pounders, do we all look alike? I know we usually don't walk around flashing our Ritterkreuzes for all to see. We don't survive long enough to get those. 

2. Your original post didn't mention it would apply to just fighters. There are just as many stupid ground attackers who attack enemy targets in a suicide fashion. 

3. I still think it is a bad idea, as there are plenty of good pilots, and from what I see looking at the current Top 5 Fighter Pilots - at least two that don't belong to a squad. 

TAW already has an open TS that allows people to join up - or not.

TAW already forces pilots to register on the website. 

I think the issue is always going to be there in a 24 hour always on campaign. If you require constant flow of players from all time zones across the world, why then place another artificial qualifier? 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:

There are just as many stupid ground attackers who attack enemy targets in a suicide fashion.

This is because taking out AAA should be the first and foremost job that should be accomplished before attacking, enemy fighters aside. And we all know how that ends if when you try to do it alone. Not very good tactics for a "Tactical" server. 

To me, it boggles my mind why anyone would want to bobble around alone in a tactical situation. But here again, who are we to say how another person chooses "have fun"? It's not going to stop I'm afraid. They just become another machine shot down.

While I do understand the passion here, if I were to get as bent out of shape about things as I see some folks do on these forums, I would find another hobby because this one is no longer fun....but that's just me.

It's like people who "prefer" their steak blackened and charred, that means they don't like steak, they prefer the flavor of ashes......but now I'm rambling.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

I know we usually don't walk around flashing our Ritterkreuzes for all to see. We don't survive long enough to get those.  

C'mon, bro, we got the Ritterkreuze before 😎... Mine lasted about 10 minutes, but still.......

• Haha 2