=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

The La-5 is a lot of fun as well if you want an alternative.  I've been enjoying it.

EDIT:  The tankless army has acquired more tanks.  How did that happen?

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

34 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

The La-5 is a lot of fun as well if you want an alternative.  I've been enjoying it.

EDIT:  The tankless army has acquired more tanks.  How did that happen?

A warehouse spawned. The russians got one as well a mission later.

I just want to mention again that I dont like that mechanic. Imho those warehouse should at least stay on the map for 3 missions to have at least the chance to plan anything and to include muliple timezones.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it normal that when the website says that an airfield has "defense==none", the in-game airfield it's full of flak? 

And the same applies to the other status, especially on the "poor", were one does not expect much flak and finds a bulletstorm when there.

1 hour ago, HR_Tofolo said:

Is it normal that when the website says that an airfield has "defense==none", the in-game airfield it's full of flak? 

And the same applies to the other status, especially on the "poor", were one does not expect much flak and finds a bulletstorm when there.

Defense level refers surprisingly to the state of the defenses and not of the AAA.

1 hour ago, =19FAB=AlterEgo said:

LG's,

Is there any bug with "Damage" counting system? Just now in a dogfight, my shots did not count as mine. Emty "Damage" is registered and I don't speak about 0.000.

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=48069&name=JG4_Ammi

Thanks for looking into this,

AlterEgo

You can find Khaton answer few pages back 

8 hours ago, HR_Tofolo said:

From the manual:

Defense – status of the defense line near the city

· Damage – level of airfield or depot damage

The defense status refers to the number of AT, tanks, armored trucks, dugouts. Thise are objects that fight against enemy tank convoy. It doesn't take into account AA.

• Like 1

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to clarify some supply mission mathematics to me?

-I just flew 4 supply flights with Ju-52 into Abganerovo. The damage to that field was 21% at the start of the map. Ju-52 is supposed to bring ~7% supplies per flight. Now, 4 x 7% = 28% in my book. I was in the air practically the entire 2 hours of the map in question. Not once did I see any indication of Abganerovo being attacked by reds, no reports, no visual cues of enemy activity whatsoever. Yet, at the start of the next map the damage in Abganerovo was 15%.

So, did someone mystically bomb that field without it being registered and reported at all? Without any new damage being shown at the field during successive landings?

Or, does the "approximately 7% supply capacity of Junkers 52" actually mean ~1,5%?

-Luomu

Question about TAW website:

Up until this week, when I double clicked on the map, it would open up "https://il2missionplanner.com/#taw" with icons so I can plan - when I don't have this, I always get lost. 

This functionality seems to have vanished. 

3 hours ago, SCG_X-Man said:

Up until this week, when I double clicked on the map, it would open up "https://il2missionplanner.com/#taw" with icons so I can plan - when I don't have this, I always get lost. 

same for me

16 hours ago, LeLv76_Luomu said:

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to clarify some supply mission mathematics to me?

-I just flew 4 supply flights with Ju-52 into Abganerovo. The damage to that field was 21% at the start of the map. Ju-52 is supposed to bring ~7% supplies per flight. Now, 4 x 7% = 28% in my book. I was in the air practically the entire 2 hours of the map in question. Not once did I see any indication of Abganerovo being attacked by reds, no reports, no visual cues of enemy activity whatsoever. Yet, at the start of the next map the damage in Abganerovo was 15%.

So, did someone mystically bomb that field without it being registered and reported at all? Without any new damage being shown at the field during successive landings?

Or, does the "approximately 7% supply capacity of Junkers 52" actually mean ~1,5%?

-Luomu

You dont repair the airfield directly, you deliver supplies. each airfield has a supply level. That gets increased by your supply sorties, if the airfield doent get attacked the airfield will be repaired with the supplies present.
its possible that your airfield got attacked and that the delivered supplies were damaged, and the airfield as well.

3 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

You dont repair the airfield directly, you deliver supplies. each airfield has a supply level. That gets increased by your supply sorties, if the airfield doent get attacked the airfield will be repaired with the supplies present.
its possible that your airfield got attacked and that the delivered supplies were damaged, and the airfield as well.

Yeah. I quess it is possible. Despite me & some team mates monitoring the situation for the 2 hour duration of the map. And never witnessing any indications of such attack.

But I admit anything is possible. (Come to think of it, it is also possible that I will get lucky with Piper Perabo tonight..)

23 hours ago, SCG_X-Man said:

Bump!

11 hours ago, LeLv76_Luomu said:

Yeah. I quess it is possible. Despite me & some team mates monitoring the situation for the 2 hour duration of the map. And never witnessing any indications of such attack.

But I admit anything is possible. (Come to think of it, it is also possible that I will get lucky with Piper Perabo tonight..)

I might be wrong, but i think i remember reading something about the airfields having a maximum % that they can repair each map restart, so you avoid the possible situation where an airfield can go from 100% damaged to 0% in a restart, but i could be confusing threads.... :huh:

Edited by Willy__

On 10/6/2018 at 3:42 AM, SCG_X-Man said:

IL2missionplanner is supported by 19//curiousGamblerr . I have written to him about this issue. 

On 10/6/2018 at 4:33 PM, LeLv76_Luomu said:

Here is how it was:

At the beginning of the mission #231 Abganerovo was damaged in 21% and supply level was 12%.

After that mission airfield was repaired by 6% to 15% (21-6=15) and supply level was 6% (12-6 = 6), it was also supplied by transport planes by 30% so supply level was 36% (6+30=36)

At the beginning of the mission #232 Abganerovo was damaged in 15% and supply level was 36%.

Airfields are repaired slowly by about 5%-15% (depend on the total damage and some random factor) after every mission (if it wasn't attacked) 

29 minutes ago, =FEW=N3croo said:

gotta report deltalaw90 for jumping into my 110 tailgunner and opening up on my rear controls 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=53794&name==FEW=N3croo

Permanently banned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/5/2018 at 7:45 PM, =LG=Mad_Mikhael said:

German bias  😄

Hide contents

20181005193851_1.thumb.jpg.880cf2edbb2eaa1644a077c73f2e8a66.jpg

Think that actually was me. When you inverted to pull down from your climb you just... didn't pull! I didn't account for you flying straight so body-slammed your wing. Engine died instantly though and I had my face full of oil. Had to ditch nearby.

8 minutes ago, III./ZG1_Felix_Iron said:

In the rules of the server:

· Friendly fire is forbidden. You will be banned for deliberately shooting at the team mates or friendly ground units

· Don't shoot at enemy aircraft if some else is shooting at it. Don't steal kills

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=55074&name=III./ZG1_Felix_Iron

Your own fault putting yourself between 190 who was clearly in superior position to take the shot  :^) 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Upvote 1

I hit him first several times before Jizzo came, and my position was great to finish him. That 190 just wanted to steal that kill and shoted me down with the enemy.

Edited by III./ZG1_Felix_Iron

1 час назад Cpt_Siddy сказал:

Не получил АК от этого  http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=55037&name=Cpt_Siddy   его сторона  http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=55033&name= MK.MrX

Я застрелил его крыло, сценарий не смог отблагодарить меня за убийство.

ram

Edited by Randoz

1 hour ago, III./ZG1_Felix_Iron said:

In the rules of the server:

· Friendly fire is forbidden. You will be banned for deliberately shooting at the team mates or friendly ground units

· Don't shoot at enemy aircraft if some else is shooting at it. Don't steal kills

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=55074&name=III./ZG1_Felix_Iron

Dude, like i told you already ingame, after you started your insulting.

I dove on the enemy and as i started my burst of fire, you came up under my nose and flew through my burst.

looky looky here -> http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=55065&name=Jizzo according to my log i didn't even do fatal damage to your "ditched" aircraft anyways, amigo! ;)

I didn't even know i hit you at all, till you started your awesome insulting.

I said sorry ingame and pointed out that it cleary was an accident, but you sadly still felt like it was necessary to go here and start a show...

PS: If you start shooting server rules, you really should not forget the ones you clearly broke!

· Vulgar or offensive words are forbidden. Respect other pilots on the chat

:salute:

Edited by Jizzo
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Did not get AK from this one http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=55037&name=Cpt_Siddy  his side http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=55033&name=MK.MrX

I shot his wing off, the script failed to credit me the kill.

It's not the script fault. It's how it's in the log files. There is no info about attacking player, probably a game bug. I have to report it to the devs.

BTW: He and you were damaged in the same time, were you on the head 2 head situation? Maybe you collide with him? I noticed that there is no info about second player in the log files when collision happens.

7 minutes ago, Jizzo said:

Dude, like i told you already ingame, after you started your insulting.

I dove on the enemy and as i started my burst of fire, you came up under my nose and flew through my burst.

looky looky here -> http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=55065&name=Jizzo

I didn't even know i hit you at all, till you started your awesome insulting.

I said sorry ingame and pointed out that it cleary was an accident, but you sadly still felt like it was necessary to go here and start a show...

Accidents happen, but to avoid them let's make sure that there is nobody behind the enemy.

• Upvote 2

34 минуты назад, Jizzo сказал:

PS: If you start shooting server rules, you really should not forget the ones you clearly broke!

It meant just one. We must banned together. I'm shure you couldnt be blind to me and my tracers and you had malicious intent to steal. I'm not your amigo and have no respect for players like you.

Edited by III./ZG1_Felix_Iron

1 hour ago, Randoz said:

ram

23mm cannon shell rammed him, not me. 

1 hour ago, =LG=Kathon said:

It's not the script fault. It's how it's in the log files. There is no info about attacking player, probably a game bug. I have to report it to the devs.

BTW: He and you were damaged in the same time, were you on the head 2 head situation? Maybe you collide with him? I noticed that there is no info about second player in the log files when collision happens.

Yes it was head to head, in my client we did not ram, i hit his wing root with 23mm AP. 

On 10/4/2018 at 11:32 AM, SCG_Riksen said:

"I love the LW. I'll only fly LW as I want to be like the Aces back then and will not accept VVS planes being better mine! Ever. That is why I love the LW!" ... comes map 7-8 ... "Screw this, VVS has the 5FN ... I'm going to back to WoL!" lololololololol

Ha ha ha.......... your'e just a points whore!!

Is that why you have two accounts, so you can swap halfway through? lol

3 hours ago, JG5_Schuck said:

Nah, Riksen balances teams now and then, he fly red against staked blues sometimes. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Thanks 1

Hey Cpt,

Its abit of banter mate, i know what Riksen is like. 

In fact i've been on comms with him and the other SCG guys a few times, all good types.......

2 hours ago, JG5_Schuck said:

Yes lol 😈

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2018 at 9:42 PM, SCG_X-Man said:

Bump!

Edited by SCG_X-Man

A video featuring HvB, Kondor, DirtyRotnFlieger, SCG_Polo, DjModeus, 666GIAP_Necathor, cannabis_indica, wandering_man, Antijeeves1 and myself.

It was carnage. (Disclaimer: No real pilots were harmed in the making of this video)

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, Darbzy said:

A video featuring HvB, Kondor, DirtyRotnFlieger, SCG_Polo, DjModeus, 666GIAP_Necathor, cannabis_indica, wandering_man, Antijeeves1 and myself.

It was carnage. (Disclaimer: No real pilots were harmed in the making of this video) 

My Blister Turret didn't blister anybody.... It was more of a Ju 88-type experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Darbzy said:

Appearances to the contrary, I did NOT forget to drop 9/10 of my ordnance while fleeing in panic.  I intentionally and heroically brought those bombs back to base for future use.  Really.

Edited by [1stKrbl]Antijeeves1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6