Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

Well, this is your stance on chute shooting, and i respect that.. There is plenty of reason to chute kill, demoralizing and giving 5 minute penalty is one of them. Cowardice is nothing to do with it when the chute is up for 15 seconds and it takes considerable skill to hit it. 

Yeah, good points there. I still have much to learn about this game, this never crossed my mind before. Really, I never thought about this before.

 

If this is so serious, by all means bring it on when I jump. I just don`t bother. I`ll let them live

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

So, i shoot your E-7 down and you say that "it was luck"... then a half hour later, you and your wing men in F-4's curb stomp me and IL-2 i was covering. The cherry on top was that in my and my friends client he was  rammed by someone of you and he flew unscratched.... then you stay "you luck ran out". 

 

You have to be somewhat on-the-spectrum socially tone deaf to miss the contexts...

 

 

 

Wasn't unscratched, please make sure you know what your saying before you make a statement

 

And i had absolutly no F4 at the time, was flying a E7. so, as i say again, please know what your saying.

 

Good night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Yeah, good points there. I still have much to learn about this game, this never crossed my mind before. Really, I never thought about this before.

 

If this is so serious, by all means bring it on when I jump. I just don`t bother. I`ll let them live

 

So this is a game and chute killing is by-the-rules. 

 

Why do you even bother to take part in the chute killing debate if all you can bring to the discussion is "muh honor" or "muh feelings" ?

 

Just feel the smug superiority over me and keep flying on like you feel like. 

17 minutes ago, SCG_DR1FT3R said:

 

 

Wasn't unscratched, please make sure you know what your saying before you make a statement

 

And i had absolutly no F4 at the time, was flying a E7. so, as i say again, please know what your saying.

 

Good night.

 

 

There were a big bunch of you there, i did not get ALL of the team to take a shot at me to take a tally. 

 

But the E-7 colliding with IL-2 and living, ganking us with 4 or more people (who, for accuracy sake, since it is important for spectrum people, were also flying F-2 and F-4's) and then giving a snarky comment?  Yeah, that's a texts book smack talk. 

 

You are coming about now like a rat who hit others and then cry out in pain, son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

So this is a game and chute killing is by-the-rules. 

 

Why do you even bother to take part in the chute killing debate if all you can bring to the discussion is "muh honor" or "muh feelings" ?

 

Just feel the smug superiority over me and keep flying on like you feel like. 

 

Exactly for the same reason you bother posting your stuff here. Someone has to correct your statements once and while.

 

And I agree, it`s a game. Not a world war as you wanted to show it. So.. 

Edited by LLv24_Zami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

Correcting me on a stuff that is purely subjective? 

 

 

Just read above how many things you said and was corrected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Just read above how many things you said and was corrected

 

 

Give me an example please. And don't bother with "it was E-7, instead of F-4", because that is irrelevant to the point being made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

He rammed poor alphabean  then bailed out and then proceeded to accuse the guy he rammed and killed of chute killing him

I apologize for that,my ram was made with no intention,I was at high speed and had not possibility to correct my direction. After a first reading log event I misunderstoodand on line I said was not alphabean but another one..Infact was an I16 who turned into my pilot and shot him...

 

Edited by ITAF_Rani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

 

Give me an example please. And don't bother with "it was E-7, instead of F-4", because that is irrelevant to the point being made. 

Well, Llv shooting chutes for example. I haven`t seen any evidence from you for it. Nor have I witnessed it, ever. Stacks the second. This being game instead of world war third.

 

 

Btw, This is getting out of this threads purpose imo.I just got from work, I`ll get my beauty sleep and seek you in TS tonight. No need to spam this thread? Cool?

Edited by LLv24_Zami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Coming from people (LLv) who chute and ditch strafed players last TAW. :biggrin: 

 

Who did this? Is this another baseless accusation or more trolling from you? If you knew reds knew where the blue landing zone is, why didnt you tell them so they dont waste their planes and time - is that also what you think is fair play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

Chute killing is allowed, end of story

Nice rule...compliments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

 

He is Russian, most Russians speak poor English so the communication is hard at best.

Hey! I have quite well English))) and it’s not a way do not communicate with me and my people))) also u sidedly often fly with us and will help us with translation))

Edited by =KK=Des_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 2:28 PM, =LG=Kathon said:

If we removed the F-4 from map#2 someone would say: "Oh great! LG fly blue so they added F4 and now they fly red so they removed F4. How fair is it?" We decided to change plane set now after two campaigns: one we fly on blue side and then we fly on the red side.

 

Great.... 

 

Yor decisison just ruined MapN2 last campaign and this one also. Better was just remove 109f4 two month before and..if it was not possible at leats this campaign. 

Thus it one of the reasons why we have an usual score like this on this map (Picture below).

usual score.png

Edited by Norz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

 

Who did this? Is this another baseless accusation or more trolling from you? If you knew reds knew where the blue landing zone is, why didnt you tell them so they dont waste their planes and time - is that also what you think is fair play?

 

 

Last TAW, Kuban Map 7 or 8.

 

At the Ship spawn, LLv killed me in to plane after i was ditched by strafing me when plane was down.

Literally, one map rotation later, when i bailed out in 2v1 fight with some of your guys, you shot down my parachute, but i managed to despawn before i died. 

 

At the time i did not give a rats ass nor remember who it was, but who ever it was, he knows so ask around. 

 

 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Last TAW, Kuban Map 7 or 8.

 

At the Ship spawn, LLv killed me in to plane after i was ditched by strafing me when plane was down.

Literally, one map rotation later, when i bailed out in 2v1 fight with some of your guys, you shot down my parachute, but i managed to despawn before i died. 

 

At the time i did not give a rats ass. Now Zami is going all moral high ground and i just remind him that your guys do this stuff too when opportunity and frustration find each other. 

 

Bold claim, but can you back it up? Conveniently the old stats are gone so you can just whataboutism your way ad infinity and accuse people of this and that to justify your own misbehaviour, and never have to provide proof. I dont think I even met you in previous TAW.  Last time I have shot someones chute was around year 2006-ish, it was a certain gentleman that was at the time known to use the log-reading cheat to find out where people take off and fly to intercept them, and who had also in the previous mission chute killed me.

 

Why did you not tell the blue team that their LZ is known to reds? Would you like to play with and against people who behave like you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

 

Bold claim, but can you back it up? Conveniently the old stats are gone so you can just whataboutism your way ad infinity and accuse people of this and that to justify your own misbehaviour, and never have to provide proof. I dont think I even met you in previous TAW.  Last time I have shot someones chute was around year 2006-ish, it was a certain gentleman that was at the time known to use the log-reading cheat to find out where people take off and fly to intercept them, and who had also in the previous mission chute killed me.

 

Why did you not tell the blue team that their LZ is known to reds? Would you like to play with and against people who behave like you?

 

 

What are you huffing and puffing about? I forgot to put it in team chat, remember, i fly in VR, i seldom use chat, so i forgot to press ctrl. I've been flying red every TAW and i play to win so there is no way i was sabotaging my OWN side on purpose, if that's what got your panties in a twist so much... 

 

How i knew where it was? Secrit spies told me that there is an LZ, meta game i know, sue me... or better yet, give reds a "FREE AIRFIELD" option like Ju-52.

 

And yes, i claim that there is chute killer and ditch shooter in your ranks (the claim is only bold cause you formatted it in BOLD :crazy:). However occasional it may be, i happened to be on the receiving end of it, twice. Your honor, in my eyes is stained forever :biggrin:. This eliminates your rights to whine and browbeat chutekillers on TAW thread forever. 

 

Now, if you want to talk about "good games" and "Fair play" and "gentleman sport"... well, start by flying one round in Reds for a change, as a balancer and show your gallant and jovial nature and exemplar behavior.

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for you its okay to cheat, and you lay about accusations about others without backing them up AT ALL to take attention away from you. Just single screenshot, stats page or track is sufficient, but you have nada. Nice.

 

Why would I want to play TAW with or especially against cheaters, especially ones who have no intention to change their habits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care a flying bird about your e-honour. 

 

You had someone who shot the chutes and ditches and that's that. But if you come here to berate chute killings i will, now and forever, remind you that pot kettle, black.

 

Also...

 

Knowing where your LZ is cheating? What is next, flying I-16 at 5km is unrealistic. Surviving 20mm mineshot to wing in IL-2 an exploit? 

Its already fun to fly moderately to severely out-manned, not knowing where your milk and cookies +1 airfield run will land is just SOOO FUN AND IMMERSIVE. 

 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you are a cheater, master of whataboutism and proud of both. Only one talking about honor is yourself. If you blame someone of doing something you should be prepared to provide proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

Yes, you are a cheater, master of whataboutism and proud of both. Only one talking about honor is yourself. If you blame someone of doing something you should be prepared to provide proof.

 

Amazing, contradicting yourself so badly... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fail to see how it's funny, its clearly abusing the system. It's the same as going on vvs teamspeak listening to their information to see what they are going to attack.

I think the issue is that you can select a german airfield being russian and thus seeing the dropzone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is providing the location of the LZ to the rest of the team a cheat? Just imagine someone storms a group of Ju-52 dropping parachutes into a particular zone. Sharing it with the teammates is cheating? You are claiming that someone is lying because of lacking proves and yet you are doing the same to this man.

 

And of course I cannot prove it (because stats from previous campaigns get overwritten each edition) but I while I can tell that not the whole LLv pilots like to chute and ditch-kill, we all know who in particular does it regularly. It's not against the rules to do it, but neither it is to make public who does it (although I don't think it does any good to none). Just ignore it and move on to another topic. The fight should be in-game not in-forums. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HR_Tofolo said:

Why is providing the location of the LZ to the rest of the team a cheat? Just imagine someone storms a group of Ju-52 dropping parachutes into a particular zone. Sharing it with the teammates is cheating? You are claiming that someone is lying because of lacking proves and yet you are doing the same to this man.

 

And of course I cannot prove it (because stats from previous campaigns get overwritten each edition) but I while I can tell that not the whole LLv pilots like to chute and ditch-kill, we all know who in particular does it regularly. It's not against the rules to do it, but neither it is to make public who does it (although I don't think it does any good to none). Just ignore it and move on to another topic. The fight should be in-game not in-forums. 

 

 

He himself admitted he got it from German spies on Discord. Right at mission start.

 

Who is the chute killing Finn, please? edit: seriously, even if you have no proof at hand. If its true that someone particular is known for chute killing I too want to know the scumbag. Send me private message or something. 

Edited by LeLv76_Erkki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bombing russians back to stone age :ph34r:

 

Look that russian fellow ☝️ running for his life here on runway :lol:

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading trough couple of last pages of this conversation reminds me to do something I should have long ago. So special message to you Captain: Welcome to Ignoreville! Population: You.

34 minutes ago, HR_Tofolo said:

Why is providing the location of the LZ to the rest of the team a cheat? Just imagine someone storms a group of Ju-52 dropping parachutes into a particular zone. Sharing it with the teammates is cheating?

 

 

Ofcourse this is not cheating and nobody has claimed it to be. What has been claimed to be cheating is going to discord of some blue group and getting the info from there. This reminds me of a certaing guy from old days who liked to fly blue while on red comms (in Il-2:1946 warclouds server).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

Reading trough couple of last pages of this conversation reminds me to do something I should have long ago. So special message to you Captain: Welcome to Ignoreville! Population: You.

 

 

LLv HQ, shortly after it was reveled to them that some of them are (allegedly, lets be fair here :biggrin:) dirty chute/ditch killers. 1941 (colorized)

 

1280px-Karl_Brullov_-_The_Last_Day_of_Pompeii_-_Google_Art_Project.thumb.jpg.4ce57386b352070207e36312931fa68a.jpg

 

 

20 minutes ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

 

Ofcourse this is not cheating and nobody has claimed it to be. What has been claimed to be cheating is going to discord of some blue group and getting the info from there. This reminds me of a certaing guy from old days who liked to fly blue while on red comms (in Il-2:1946 warclouds server).

 

This comedy writes itself :biggrin:

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

Lol, this is the best (of 547,921) chute-killing debate yet!

 

Theres no debate. No proof, no stats nor logs and they dont even remember who did it. Conveniently he remembers that we are chute killers when getting caught of exploiting himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night I was captured when I crash landed in friendly territory.

 

Is this a glitch or a feature?

 

I was at least one full sector south of the frontline. Frontline was around sector 1208 and 1308 and I ditched in 1408. 

 

I was very surprised when I checked stats and found out I was captured. Was it partisans? I did crash in a forest , maybe some guerilla fighters caught me ;).

 

By the way I really like TAW , we were flying out from Ghatzk last night and the traffic was crazy. At one stage there was a flight of five Ju-52's coming back to land when another four were getting ready to taxi. Incredible sight.

 

VVS really needs a dedicated transport plane, fingers crossed for Li-2 making it to the game.

Edited by 307_Banzai
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was think about utility of Po-2 on TAW.... maybe some tasks are simply impossible to do on game

 

For example... along the frontline are defence position hidden... actually this position spot enemy planes .I Repeat are hidden , i mean, if u open map u dont see it.  One utility for Po2 can be mark on map this positions for rest of players.  In addition if the fact of destroy this positions cause some ( little ) damage on enemy total resources. Fantastic . This position one time are closed stop report nothing about enemy planes.

 

another utility can be, detect LZ of enemy parachutes. And mark on map for rest of players.

 

Possibility of rescue pilot   on enemy territory

 

Possibility of activate planes on bases dont actives ... when one base is under tank threat , the base still closed. The idea is take off on a Po2 ,land on base , and "unlock" one plane for take off from inactive base....  lot of posibilities...

 

But ... on general terms.  The game need provide same chances for both sides.... i mean, every part need a counterpart... in this way, blues will need some recon plane.

 

Edit for add some possibilities when marshal mode be ready.... Po2 can work like a radar for Marshall, marking all enemies in a 6 km radius for example.

 

Edited by 666GIAP_Tumu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

i was think about utility of Po-2 on TAW.... maybe some tasks are simply impossible to do on game

 

For example... along the frontline are defence position hidden... actually this position spot enemy planes .I Repeat are hidden , i mean, if u open map u dont see it.  One utility for Po2 can be mark on map this positions for rest of players.  In addition if the fact of destroy this positions cause some ( little ) damage on enemy total resources. Fantastic . This position one time are closed stop report nothing about enemy planes.

 

another utility can be, detect LZ of enemy parachutes. And mark on map for rest of players.

 

Possibility of rescue pilot   on enemy territory

 

Possibility of activate planes on bases dont actives ... when one base is under tank threat , the base still closed. The idea is take off on a Po2 ,land on base , and "unlock" one plane for take off from inactive base....  lot of posibilities...

 

But ... on general terms.  The game need provide same chances for both sides.... i mean, every part need a counterpart... in this way, blues will need some recon plane.

 

Edit for add some possibilities when marshal mode be ready.... Po2 can work like a radar for Marshall, marking all enemies in a 6 km radius for example.

 

I think something like a spy or saboteur drop would be a good use of the po2. the spy can give you information about the position and numbers of the enemy team and the saboteur can damage airfields a bit. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even just having a secret zone where you would need to circle in the Po-2 would be great.  Better yet, needing to land to deliver supplies or liaison officers to partisans/scouts, or pick up said officers or wounded soldiers. 

 

The axis already have the Ju-52 and can do things the Soviets cannot, so when the Po-2 comes I am not worried for symmetry.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps a role for the Po-2 could be to drop off a saboteur at a depot or airfield and reduce the AA defenses. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish there was a chance to rescue yourself. Let say you crashed behind enemy lines.

 

You now have a chance to hop into Po-2 and fly to the sector where you previously crashed.

 

Land near the downed plane or pilot and take them/yourself back to your base. Avoiding captivity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 307_Banzai said:

I wish there was a chance to rescue yourself. Let say you crashed behind enemy lines.

 

You now have a chance to hop into Po-2 and fly to the sector where you previously crashed.

 

Land near the downed plane or pilot and take them/yourself back to your base. Avoiding captivity.

We had that on ADW on classic IL2. 

You just needed to land close to where people have belly landed or parachuted.

 

It happened a lot in WW2.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

i was think about utility of Po-2 on TAW.... maybe some tasks are simply impossible to do on game

 

For example... along the frontline are defence position hidden... actually this position spot enemy planes .I Repeat are hidden , i mean, if u open map u dont see it.  One utility for Po2 can be mark on map this positions for rest of players.  In addition if the fact of destroy this positions cause some ( little ) damage on enemy total resources. Fantastic . This position one time are closed stop report nothing about enemy planes.

 

another utility can be, detect LZ of enemy parachutes. And mark on map for rest of players.

 

Possibility of rescue pilot   on enemy territory

 

Possibility of activate planes on bases dont actives ... when one base is under tank threat , the base still closed. The idea is take off on a Po2 ,land on base , and "unlock" one plane for take off from inactive base....  lot of posibilities...

 

But ... on general terms.  The game need provide same chances for both sides.... i mean, every part need a counterpart... in this way, blues will need some recon plane.

 

Edit for add some possibilities when marshal mode be ready.... Po2 can work like a radar for Marshall, marking all enemies in a 6 km radius for example.

 

I have recently begun watching a couple series of Russian television (Star TV) programs about Soviet pilots during WW2.

There a lots of mission possibilities outlined in the series called 'Night Swallows'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFK9wAOatGE

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...