tawCounter++
    return "TAW has been postponed " + tawCounter + " weeks."
  } else {
    return "TAW will start soon."
  }
};

didUserAskIfTAWstarts("Can we still expect the return of TAW this week?");

TAW has been postponed 1 weeks.

Fyi that taw counter variable is locally scoped so it will not increment as you expect. It will always be one week late.

If that's what you intended you could cut down your locs by half or so.

26 minutes ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

Why was I given a 15 minute ban 10 seconds after joining the server? I had just got in at 83/84 and got insta banned. That's pretty lame.

Look on the website to see if it says it's full at the top.  If so, wait until it doesn't say that.  And don't worry, you're only banned until a slot opens up.  It's a kind of slot reservation system for the LG guys.

2 hours ago, -=PHX=-Geo- said:

Really guys? I-16 have better roll, better turn rate, and better climb rate, whit WEP its almost than fast like Emil before 3k mtrs, and have much more visibilty from back.

Emil have better armament, resistent to high velocity, and more fast than i16, but is much better at high altitude, if you figth with a Emil low ,I16 have advantage, and if figth with a i16 higth, Emil have adventage, Emil have only 60 bullets cannon to shoot down a plane that is very small and maneuverable, and I16 have much low cal. bullet to shoot donw a figther more big whit week engine. For me, they are equal, pilot decides who wins not the plane.

At low/medium speed E7 can turn with I16 (if we forget the roll rate).

• Upvote 1

Hello everyone, first let me say that i very much enjoyed playing TAW for the last week and want to say thank you to the community who participate and the creators of this beautiful server :), now let me share some thoughts.

I have been playing flight sim for a couple of years now, i started by playing War thunder, first arcade, then some realistic, and once i tired sim i was hooked. But one of the reasons why WT sim is dying that the devs balance things too much. They had amazing events and enduring confrotnations with historic plane sets, and it was great, you fought in battles with and against planes that were accurate to that particulate time period or battle. And it was never balanced, because history wasn't balanced, but it was fun, you could immerse yourself in the world, actually try to roleplay as a pilot of the era, trying to fight against numerical and technological ods. But now all the matchups are battle rating based, they give every plane a rank based on statistical performance, sometimes nonsensical, and you end up fighting La 5FN with BF 109 E3, or AM5 zero vs P47. This isn't a game about balance. It's inherently imbalanced, and that's what makes it fun.

Anyway, this mode, game, or any realistic WW2 game that's not hit point based will never be balanced, because all machines have their advantages and disadvantages, and playing with/against those is part of the fun.  I only have the BoS pack and was flying only Ju87 or supply missions, but i felt like i am contributing to the campaign, i found my niche and tried to do the best i could to secure objectives or assist the team. To me capturing that feeling is way more important than having perfect balance. Besides what is the fun in playing for the winning team  ?

Also, how do night maps work ? i haven't seen a single one, but i assume they are present in the campaign? 😕 I would really like to do some night stealth ops.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BOO said:

I get the grind but a few well though out 4 and 5K level bombing missions are less likely to waste airframes in losses to AA, AAA and 109s, offer some challenge in hitting the target from which you can take some pride and may bag you 4CM a go, quickly filling up your stock so the I16 is just something your keeping for the kids and the occasional Sunday fly. Personally, whilst im an awful fighter flyer, I don't think the I16 is too awful if its flown to its advantages (but what do I know)

Long Bomber flights are not everyone's bag I know but perhaps we'd still have a couple of hundred airframes left to continue the fight at this point if a few more considered it now and then instead of venturing out at 500M alone for a 15 min one way sortie..

I just get the impression on this map many players have been unable or unwilling to find their "place" within the wider venture and are just falling back to their default "WOL" or "fck it"practices with whatever they have,. Some go further to then blame campaign mechanics whilst failing to acknowledge that their own poor tactical decisions, in addition to an overall lack of co-ordinated strategy, have contributed to the current malaise that is a dwindling supply.. That's not a comment on you Garven (or if it is then its just as much a comment on me as well) just a general observation.

3 of us went to the depot at 5k I was the only one that had any idea how to operate the bomb sight; long story short I forgot what sight mode I was in and all our bombs fell way short extremely pissed at myself I wasted 45min of 3 peoples time (starting to think my screen name is cursed).  Its hard to get excited about doing depot runs when you only have 10X100kg bombs especially when you consider time a resource.  I'm sorry I get frustrated at the way things are going poorly when I'm trying to do my best, and just take it out on the closest thing at hand which is our disadvantage in plane-set and numbers.  I agree we lost because we didn't fly well enough.

Edited by Garven_Dreis

There are no intel pictures available for Dyatlevo and Zubtsovo (at least on two PCs I've checked it so far). Is there any secondary source I could use?

• Like 1

This thread has a very long tradition of criticism and complaints. No matter how much of his spare time @=LG=Kathon puts into this project, i'm pretty sure some of you guys will find something that they can complain about. It will never be possible to please every single one of you. TAW is not perfect, nor will it ever be. But there is just no other server out there like it. So please, enjoy it, as it it is right now, make the best out of it. If you don't like TAW, then just don't play it, nobody forces you to. Nothing against some well intended critisism, but everytime a new campaign starts, it's the same shit, over and over again.. 
I like playing TAW, it's a lot of fun, every campaign i did so far. Thanks =LG= for that!

Edited by [I./JG62]Knipser
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

=LG=Kathon

Is it possible to increase a number of the MIG3 planes to 2 (To make it equal for +1 109F4)?

P.S: Don't understand why we have AGAIN +1 109F4 on the map N2. As discussed by the last campaign it is just a bad joke.

TAW_Map_2.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It is not OK.

I like these early maps because of i16 and i see no way to play it and fight vs 109f4.

P.S: Last campaing I was playing on the AXIS side and just ignored to use 109f4 on the map N2.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, I./JG1_Pragr said:

There are no intel pictures available for Dyatlevo and Zubtsovo (at least on two PCs I've checked it so far). Is there any secondary source I could use?

Excactly!!! We really need them, and I feel due to this we are in disadvantage. How can we report it?

3 hours ago, I./JG1_Pragr said:

It will be fixed as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Norz said:

=LG=Kathon

Is it possible to increase a number of the MIG3 planes to 2 (To make it equal for +1 109F4)?

P.S: Don't understand why we have AGAIN +1 109F4 on the map N2. As discussed by the last campaign it is just a bad joke.

TAW_Map_2.png

If we removed the F-4 from map#2 someone would say: "Oh great! LG fly blue so they added F4 and now they fly red so they removed F4. How fair is it?" We decided to change plane set now after two campaigns: one we fly on blue side and then we fly on the red side.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

IMHO MiG is somewhere between F-2 and F-4. That is, not bad at all, very fast. Can it be flown with twin ShVak?

Yep. TAW page doesn't mention any restriction.

28 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

So give VVS a 0/2 MiGs please

+1

I understand devs decision not to change anything until they've flown both sides themselves.

15 hours ago, Norz said:

=LG=Kathon

TAW_Map_2.png

This 

2 mig3   vs 1 f2 and 1 f4 (or remove the f4... strange decision to ad it in the first )

Gents,

Just for my own info and not being a tank/APC expert, I watched as an i-16 killed a PzKpfw.IV Ausf G, not sure if with a bomb or guns.  However, can anybody send me the link regarding that type of protection with this type of tank had  please or explain the armour here please,as I didn't expect an i-16 even with cannon to take out a tank so quickly with one pass.

Regards

H

Edited by Haza

Hi

Ive now hit Maloyaroslavec 3 times (1 because I wanted to, twice more to check)

Ive destoyed hangars in Target Areas 1 and 2 and watched them transform from full models to burnt out wrecks and ive seen the fires that also signify hits.  The last occasion the airfield showed )% damage before it was attacked. 

No damage has ever been recorded or awarded to me. 

Please can you look into this.

Thank you

49 minutes ago, Haza said:

Gents,

Just for my own info and not being a tank/APC expert, I watched as an i-16 killed a PzKpfw.IV Ausf G, not sure if with a bomb or guns.  However, can anybody send me the link regarding that type of protection with this type of tank had  please or explain the armour here please,as I didn't expect an i-16 even with cannon to take out a tank so quickly with one pass.

Regards

H

This is the armor layout of the Panzer IV G, I think the rear side armor is 30mm like the rest of the hull side instead of 20mm as shown in the pic. About the I-16 for what I could test it's 20mm cannons can't destroy it, so it should have been a bomb or a good rocket strike, the small rockets need direct hits and more than one to destroy it and they are tricky to aim since they fire "above" the crosshairs, imho not a very effective way to do AT work.

pzivarmour2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Dear Reds. It’s very very difficult to coordinate with you. And it’s a very very big problem. Yesterday I tried to cooperate you guys and it’s was owfull. No one!!

2 times I wrote into chat when we are going to start and from AF from 30-40 min before beginning. I did it that you could finish your missions and fly together then I repeat information every 10 mins and 2 times no one fly with us.

When we fly blue the situation is much better.

I think red side will loose this campaign because of...

Edited by =KK=Des_

4 hours ago, BOO said:

Hi

Ive now hit Maloyaroslavec 3 times (1 because I wanted to, twice more to check)

Ive destoyed hangars in Target Areas 1 and 2 and watched them transform from full models to burnt out wrecks and ive seen the fires that also signify hits.  The last occasion the airfield showed )% damage before it was attacked. 

No damage has ever been recorded or awarded to me. 

Please can you look into this.

Thank you

Probably mayorolavec was airfield wich can't be attacked right now. You can only damage airfield's that have a text below on map attack.

4 hours ago, =KK=Des_ said:

Dear Reds. It’s very very difficult to coordinate with you. And it’s a very very big problem. Yesterday I tried to cooperate you guys and it’s was owfull. No one!!

2 times I wrote into chat when we are going to start and from AF from 30-40 min before beginning. I did it that you could finish your missions and fly together then I repeat information every 10 mins and 2 times no one fly with us.

When we fly blue the situation is much better.

I think red side will loose this campaign because of...

Des we LG were defending ivanovskoe we got 17 kills over there. Couldn't leave this area otherwise we would lost airfield.

• Thanks 1

I' v to say I enjoy my first taw..but I complaint same behaviour of reds pilots..

Shooting at bailed pilots is a real poor thing....not so much honour for them

Edited by ITAF_Rani

1 hour ago, ITAF_Rani said:

I' v to say I enjoy my first taw..but I complaint same behaviour of reds pilots..

Honor and war are often antonyms.  Plus, you'll find no quarter on this thread, so stuck it up buttercup!

3 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

094.thumb.jpg.cd916a1a162655c63459e4c1187e58aa.jpg

12 hours ago, =KK=Des_ said:

I think red side will *lose* this campaign because of...

Fixed.

That is odd. Usually Red does teamwork well. Good luck buddy! Not too much though as I went blue this time.    :P

1 hour ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

Fixed.

That is odd. Usually Red does teamwork well. Good luck buddy! Not too much though as I went blue this time.    :P

He is Russian, most Russians speak poor English so the communication is hard at best.

24 minutes ago, LLv24_StableAce said:

So, how the hell does siddy knows our drop zone location when the mission just started?

kapitan.jpg

Spies, in discord, from Germany. Quit your peppeukipeys, hide your documents better and suck it up, butter cup. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Wow

This guy

He rammed poor alphabean  then bailed out and then proceeded to accuse the guy he rammed and killed of chute killing him! 

Meanwhile as stated ad nauseum.  Pilot kills are a win condition.  Get overr it 

It's your behaviour that needs adjusting mate 

Edited by =IL2AU=chappyj

35 minutes ago, II./JG77_Myn said:

I dont see the big deal with chute killing. It's supposed to be a war. They certainly did it in ww2.

b b b but muh kill steaks