=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

• New supply warehouse objective is placed on the map once every 4-5 real days (about 50 missions). If not destroyed then it increase global limits for planes, tanks and trucks by 80, 150 and 240 respectively. Supply warehouse consist of several different hangars and other buildings. You must destroy as many hangars as possible.

Thanks for clearing that up Padre!

Have a question about something I noticed in TAW. When someone bails out and then immediately leaves the server, only to reconnect again a few seconds later... does this automatically end the flight prior to the pilot landing behind enemy lines? is this a loophole to avoid capture? Noticed a few German Pilots doing this when downed way behind enemy lines. Seems shady, especially when they immediately rejoin the server. 

• New supply warehouse objective is placed on the map once every 4-5 real days (about 50 missions). If not destroyed then it increase global limits for planes, tanks and trucks by 80, 150 and 240 respectively. 

Tanks were incrase by 200  :huh:

Hans!!! what's wrong with those Italian planes :-)

The Macci taxis so nicely once you figure out that it has no toebrakes but an unlockable tailwheel :D

Edited by Finnsky

It has Pneumatic Brakes. Same as the Russian Planes. Just hold the Brakes and use Rudder for Toebraking. But if you never bothered to check out any russian Planes, you won't know that of course. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann

Hello ,

one cuestion.  i see on lost this numbers:

for axis  :  tanks 562/850

for allies: tanks 451/560

is this right?? or is simply a mistake.

thx

Hello ,

one cuestion.  i see on lost this numbers:

for axis  :  tanks 562/850

for allies: tanks 451/560

is this right?? or is simply a mistake.

thx

Tumu read Padre post a bit higher.

Have a question about something I noticed in TAW. When someone bails out and then immediately leaves the server, only to reconnect again a few seconds later... does this automatically end the flight prior to the pilot landing behind enemy lines? is this a loophole to avoid capture? Noticed a few German Pilots doing this when downed way behind enemy lines. Seems shady, especially when they immediately rejoin the server. 

I frequently see Germans do this as well.  You destroy their plane, they bail then they leave the server.  You think 'Cool. I upset him so much with my superior skills that he decided to stop playing' but then suddenly he is back in the game.  I would love to see the answer.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Upvote 1

If pilot bails out then script analyze if he is captured or not (according to the probability). Maybe it's a good idea to add some penalty time (a few minutes) if pilot is captured.

Tanks were incrase by 200  :huh:

Ehh... tanks and trucks values from warehouse ware replaced. I will fix it. 

• Upvote 3

I frequently see Germans do this as well. You destroy their plane, they bail then they leave the server. You think 'Cool. I upset him so much with my superior skills that he decided to stop playing' but then suddenly he is back in the game. I would love to see the answer.

Maybe he doesn't wont to be executed in his defenceless parachute?

• Upvote 4

Maybe he's exploiting so he doesn't lose his stats and one pilot for his side, which are the only reasons anyone wants to shoot him in the first place.

• Upvote 1

But finishing the flight does that.  There is no reason to disconnect from the server,  especially when I am the only one there and I am flying away from him because he has already been defeated.   There has to be a dodgy reason.

• Upvote 1

oh man, now they are complaining that they can't easily shoot chutes anymore?...you still have 15sec. to do so...so just be quicker.

since this discussion came up again i also decided to leave the fight asap after bailing, which i did not earlier.

Action <-> Reaction

• Upvote 1

I frequently see Germans do this as well.  You destroy their plane, they bail then they leave the server.  You think 'Cool. I upset him so much with my superior skills that he decided to stop playing' but then suddenly he is back in the game.  I would love to see the answer.

Please explain to me how you "frequently" see this on TAW? With your 2m flight I assume ...

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=56RAF_Roblex

• Upvote 5

But finishing the flight does that. There is no reason to disconnect from the server, especially when I am the only one there and I am flying away from him because he has already been defeated. There has to be a dodgy reason.

You should know that it take time to properly finish sortie, and yes it take more than 15sec if you HOTAS .... Reason is not know but if that one is in the case (avoid execution) it hold up. PS nobody know your intentions if you attack helpless parachute or not.

• Upvote 1

The reds are really well coordinating P40+i16 packs. i cannot turnfight the i16 and i cannot outrun the p40. either way i am mostly dead meat when dive down on deck. S! reds! that is smart use of the current plane set!

• Upvote 1

The reds are really well coordinating P40+i16 packs. i cannot turnfight the i16 and i cannot outrun the p40. either way i am mostly dead meat when dive down on deck. S! reds! that is smart use of the current plane set!

Sometimes it helps to see data on paper; in order to make better decisions in the air...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15sBRpX4hY7rgftXDjM52fs_sRbdmPvEVxgOiM-3vNE0/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Upvote 1

thx sketch. that is a nice summary. but it still tells me that i need to outclimb or outturn a p40 rather than to try to run. both are not good ideas with an i16 close

as well

hi, 

i have a question i changed my pilot profile name and now its locked and i get kicked from server as soon as i take off how do i unlock my name? i made 2 german accounts on one profile is that  why ? how do i unlock it?

Good one LOL! I'm waiting for "creative" explanation ;)

I don't need one.  It happens on all servers.  It just seems an odd thing to do unless there is some stats advantage.  If I turned back to attack his parachute I can see why he might decide to disconnect before I got in range but when he is hanging alone in the sky watching me fly away why leave the server and log back into the server instead of waiting 15 seconds and getting a new plane?  Can it work out quicker for someone with very good bandwidth?

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Upvote 1

I don't need one. It happens on all servers. It just seems an odd things to do unless there is some stats advantage. If I turned back to attack his parachute I can see why he might decide to disconnect before I got in range but when he is hanging alone in the sky watching me fly away why leave the server and log back into the server instead of waiting 15 seconds and getting a new plane? Can it work out quicker for someone with very good bandwidth?

On Day 1 there was a glitch in game where you got shot down, or even landed successfully and it wouldn't let you "finish flight". NIW, I know that it was due to a server issue, but those that don't follow the forum closely may have done it immediately after being shot down, expecting the same issue to persist.

I was in an I-16 and fired on an He-111, then landed.  I received the kill for 111.  When I checked the stats however it shows I shot him down although in his stats it shows he landed.  IMHO if he made it back to a spawn base and landed successfully it seems I should not be getting a kill for this.

• Upvote 1

The Axis side has 2378/2200 trucks destroyed. Can anyone explain what impact this has on that side at all? Less tanks, poor defensive positions, etc? Just trying to better understand the win/lose conditions as the manual on the website doesn't really explain what happens when you completely wipe out the trucks for one side.

Thanks in advance!

The Axis side has 2378/2200 trucks destroyed. Can anyone explain what impact this has on that side at all? Less tanks, poor defensive positions, etc? Just trying to better understand the win/lose conditions as the manual on the website doesn't really explain what happens when you completely wipe out the trucks for one side.

Thanks in advance!

50% less trucks and AAA in the column.

• Upvote 1

bug when enemy aircraft is shot down after end of pilot's sortie was fixed,

Does this mean we should get kills when we land before the enemy goes down?

Because today we were attacking some Pe2's, I was the last one to get damage on the target and landed shortly afterwards. The ingame stat screen said I got the kill, TAW server thinks otherwise.

Here is my Sortie http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=12758&name=Finnsky

and here the Pe2's perspective: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=12791&name=72AGs_Logan

I am by no means mad or anything that I didn't get the kill, I am just unsure now what was ment by the mentioned bug.

Thanks & thanks again for the great campaign!

50% less trucks and AAA in the column.

Tank columns still have more than 50% AA.

Tank columns still have more than 50% AA.

This only applies to supply column. If the tanks limit is reached, tanks column are not generated. 

• Upvote 1

Hello guys. 

TAW team, It's necessary do something about kill on parachute. Reds pilots behavior are unfair and extremely unnecessary.

Today, the pilot PeterZvan killed me on parachute.  

I wish this hehavior would be forbiden.

Edited by =BLW=Phoen1x

Hello guys. 

TAW team, It's necessary do something about kill on parachute. Reds pilots behavior are unfair and extremely unnecessary.

Today, the pilot PeterZvan killed me on parachute.  

I wish this hevavior would be forbiden.

I think TAW rules are clear enough. It's allowed, end of story.

This has probably already been asked.  If you have 2 CMs and you earn a 3rd which cannot be used to add aircraft, why does it roll your CMs to zero vs remaining at 2?