=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Thanks for the info everyone, I don't have the cash to pick up BOM at the moment as money is pretty tight, but I do plan to pick it up in the future so I'll hopefully get in on the next go around for TAW.

Edited by JadeBandit

Thanks for the info everyone, I don't have the cash to pick up BOM at the moment as money is pretty tight, but I do plan to pick it up in the future so I'll hopefully get in on the next go around for TAW.

New sale coming in soon ;)

Wrong on wireless is not the case of LTE technology where I have less latency compared to my DSL line , back in the days I could save 10 ms going through proxy's ,it worked because some points were routed efficient to each other but still that was to other eu countries not between continents.

I am talking about WLAN versus wired LAN, sorry, I should have clarified.

You're almost always going to have a more stable connection to/from your endpoint with a cabled connection than you will with wireless.

Not saying a CAT-5/CAT-6 cable is impervious to EMI, but you're not going to spike latency every time your neighbor fires up their microwave or opens a garage door or whatever.

That's pretty cool that you were able to get better connectivity via LTE than DSL with the proxys... I really wish we had easier control over some of the ridiculous routing schemas we get foistied upon us hahaha

Please provide p40 as a default plane - this will help NA interest in flying red - which should be imo, the primary goal this campaign is to get a more balanced numbers in the NA timezone.

I've been going through withdrawal already, looking forward to the campaign restarting!!!  Great work guys

Agreed.

Having a 1/1 +1 P40 (and even Macchi, why not?) over and above the other planes would encourage the purchase of those premiums, and neither plane is incredibly unbalancing (though you might want to leave the pods locked for the Macchi the first map)

I agree. The only reason I play WoL is because they have the P40 and spit. If the P-40 stayed on the lineup since it’s introduction to the campaign, TAW would be the only server I would play. I really don’t get excited to play TAW when the P-40 or spit are not available.

My big bssue is that most of my friends prefer to fly Germans, I am 50/50, but I won't be able to convince my crew to play russians the entire campaign. Flying it from time to time was never a big issue. And as ground pounders we wouldn't even mind all that much.

Since we can't do double accounts next campaign I think that struggle will result in an overwhelming german majority in the European Timezones.

I think if things go the way they did last time, maybe the best solution would be to make it a turn based co-op against AI.

If RandomExpert pilots register with TAW there should be more than enough VVS. Yesterday I flow two missions with numbers 20vs50 (blue vs red)...

• Upvote 1

If RandomExpert pilots register with TAW there should be more than enough VVS. Yesterday I flow two missions with numbers 20vs50 (blue vs red)...

I agree. The only reason I play WoL is because they have the P40 and spit. If the P-40 stayed on the lineup since it’s introduction to the campaign, TAW would be the only server I would play. I really don’t get excited to play TAW when the P-40 or spit are not available.

P-40 is available since map 1 to map 4 and Spit is since map 6 to the end. All info is in planeset.

I think if things go the way they did last time, maybe the best solution would be to make it a turn based co-op against AI.

... :huh:

• Upvote 1

It was just a special event

I'm sure you have just described my Wife, as well

Let me know how you manage to placate your Wife, as I'm willing to try anything!

Anyway, when is the start date??

My wife is similar except from the quality of a succubus...

P-40 is available since map 1 to map 4 and Spit is since map 6 to the end. All info is in planeset.

Would be ver nice if he P-40 was available from map #2 trough he rest of the campaign. It is VVS' only fighter-bomber, and together wih the LaGG it is a good interceptor and okay-ish reserve fighter

Would be ver nice if he P-40 was available from map #2 trough he rest of the campaign. It is VVS' only fighter-bomber, 

Why do you say it is the only VVS fighter bomber?  Quite a few VVs fighters will carry two 100kg bombs which is about 450lbs compared to the P40s 500lb bomb.

Why do you say it is the only VVS fighter bomber?  Quite a few VVs fighters will carry two 100kg bombs which is about 450lbs compared to the P40s 500lb bomb.

You Person; It's a 500kg Bomb. that more than 1204/956 of your units. Add to that 4 Rockets. Or 64/16 in your way of counting. . 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann

You Person; It's a 500kg Bomb. that more than 1204/956 of your units. Add to that 4 Rockets. Or 64/16 in your way of counting. . 

Umm..OK. I was mistaken.   Not sure what the 1204/956 or 64/16 comments were about though.  :huh:

yay ! F4 vs I-16 all maps :biggrin:

Honestly if you want to change something by making a suggestion than make a good reason for it.

Let's do it! Haha I was just joking around about the Rata, though I always miss it once it goes away after a few maps

There is no specific date. I know you all cant wait so do I but work needs to be done. Be patient god damnit ! :-)

Tomorrow is November 

:P

Do you have to register for TAW or are you automatically registered the first time you fly on the server?

Do you have to register for TAW or are you automatically registered the first time you fly on the server?

This far we've been automatically registered the first time we choose faction the first time joining the server. Pre-registration has been there mostly for squadrons. Afaik it'll be the same the coming campaign.

I think they're actually planning to get rid of auto-registration, to prevent people coming in and screwing around every time Wings crashes, like last campaign. I believe it was mentioned a few pages ago.

I think they're actually planning to get rid of auto-registration, to prevent people coming in and screwing around every time Wings crashes, like last campaign. I believe it was mentioned a few pages ago.

That is correct but... BUT wait for official information ;)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for answers! Can't wait, but I guess I'll have to!  :)

I'm looking for a English speaking squadron to fly with on the axis side, I only have BOS so far so I will be limited to Stukas and He-111's for the first few maps. Please pm me if you have a open slot for a fairly green pilot, cheers!

Edited by JadeBandit

Can people that don't belong to a squadron still get registered?

Yes, I believe so. The idea was just to get rid of the AUTO-registration. Now everybody will have to enter the website and register otherwise they will be auto kicked when they join the server I guess.... ? 

I'm on vacation, please give us a start date :o: 

I'm on vacation, please give us a start date

I'm on vacation, please give us a start date :o: 

I'm on vacation, please give us a start date

Day after your vacation ends . . . .  ;)

• Upvote 1

I sure do hope the soviet lineup is bit more balanced this time. Last time it looked like it made by some very biased person towards LuftWaffels... and they still lost.  :rolleyes:

It is night unacceptable to have the last 2 maps of the campaign flown by Lagg-3 +1 instead of, say a derivative of Lagg-3: a mass produced plane like La-5 (that replaced Lagg-3) as a principle +1 plane, along with YaK-1 as a +1. You can keep the Lagg-3 as a 23mm interceptor/attacker along with P-40. The VVS had the air-spam figured out by the late 1942, please make the plane lineup more reflective of that fact. 

Meanwhile we got 5 maps of non-stop Hartmanns Hartmanning with F-4 all day erry day, 3 of witch the F-4 is +1. Stick em in +1 G-2's and G-4's and phase out F-4 towards the end. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

I think its somewhat balanced, changing the F4 to G2/G4 wont make the hartmanning stop. Anyways, just like you argue about the soviet plane spam the LW guys could argue that in the early stages of the war VVS would mostly be flying I153 and I16s against F2's and F4's, which would do no good for the gameplay of the server. Besides, the F4 only gets CM+1 on map #5, when VVS already have planes like Yak1B, which can EASILY fight it off.

Also, just like you said, despite having the better planes LW still lost. 

-edit-

Keep in mind that the plane lineup is not purely historical, its kinda on the middle ground, thinking about gameplay AND a bit of historical scene.

Edited by 3./JG15_Staiger

Agreed, as much I enjoy historical context with regards to the planes available. The team does need to make it fair for everyone as well. Looking forward to next rotation of TAW.

I think its somewhat balanced, changing the F4 to G2/G4 wont make the hartmanning stop. Anyways, just like you argue about the soviet plane spam the LW guys could argue that in the early stages of the war VVS would mostly be flying I153 and I16s against F2's and F4's, which would do no good for the gameplay of the server. Besides, the F4 only gets CM+1 on map #5, when VVS already have planes like Yak1B, which can EASILY fight it off.

Also, just like you said, despite having the better planes LW still lost. 

-edit-

Keep in mind that the plane lineup is not purely historical, its kinda on the middle ground, thinking about gameplay AND a bit of historical scene.

Nothing in VVS arsenal can EASILY fight off anything Germans field until late 1943.

And sure, if you want to invoke the historical planes, then let me also  invoke historical numbers. VVS had numbers advantage, do the teams should be capped 40/60 in VVS advantage. But then someone would cry bloody murder because we [the virtual VVS] got "radios" and somewhat trained pilots and whatnot. See where i am going with this? 

And like you said, it is not historical line up, it is middle of the ground. And the last 2 maps were complete farce as of attendance and balance. VVS really just did not show up, and i cant blame them. Campaign was won and plane lineup was atrocious. So, no fun and no point to show up. 

But let me reiterate again, NOTHING in current VVS arsenal can deal with Luftwaffle stuff easily. Best you can do is achieve relative parity in low altitude scenarios. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy