=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

You should just start banning people for a day whenever they bring this up Artur. Maybe then they'd get it.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't ever find the PW, I've look on the mission brief like it says, on the website and no joy. I assume I am not the only one.

It should be on the top of the briefing: taw1942

You have your view of events, I have mine, but the thing we both agree happened is that you intentionally shot a friendly (mine) plane down, which is against server rules. That's what you should be banned from TAW for. On a sidenote, I really think you should get out into the real world more or something.

Exactly my point of view. "Killstealing" is not against the rules, intentional teamkilling sure is. And for that it does not matter whether you could ditch your plane and get it back after three missions or if he would have pilot killed you.

Everyone that intentionally fires at a friendly should get banned. Accidents happen, I shot down a friend 2 TAW ago as well because I was too dumb to see the difference between a 109 and a P40... As long at it is by mistake it is no problem. Intentioally teamkilling (and even admitting it on the forum expecting to get away with it) should get punished very quickly.

Exactly my point of view. "Killstealing" is not against the rules, intentional teamkilling sure is. And for that it does not matter whether you could ditch your plane and get it back after three missions or if he would have pilot killed you.

Everyone that intentionally fires at a friendly should get banned. Accidents happen, I shot down a friend 2 TAW ago as well because I was too dumb to see the difference between a 109 and a P40... As long at it is by mistake it is no problem. Intentioally teamkilling (and even admitting it on the forum expecting to get away with it) should get punished very quickly.

• Friendly fire is forbidden. You will be banned for deliberately shooting at the team mates or friendly ground units.
  • Don't shoot at enemy aircraft if some else is shooting at it. Don't steal kills.
  • Use taxiways and runways for taking off. Avoid taking off on the grass across the airfield.
  • Vulgar or offensive words are forbidden. Respect other pilots on the chat.
  • Don't use chat for asking questions not related with the current mission. Use forum instead.
  • It's recommended to inform on the chat about spotted enemy aircraft positions or destroyed groud units.
  • For more information about TAW server visit Forum <--- click.
  •  

• Friendly fire is forbidden. You will be banned for deliberately shooting at the team mates or friendly ground units.
  •  
  • Don't shoot at enemy aircraft if some else is shooting at it. Don't steal kills.
  •  
  • Use taxiways and runways for taking off. Avoid taking off on the grass across the airfield.
  •  
  • Vulgar or offensive words are forbidden. Respect other pilots on the chat.
  •  
  • Don't use chat for asking questions not related with the current mission. Use forum instead.
  •  
  • It's recommended to inform on the chat about spotted enemy aircraft positions or destroyed groud units.
  •  
  • For more information about TAW server visit Forum <--- click.
  •  

Oh, It must have been some time since I last read the rules :D

However, going by what both sides have stated (I-16, still maneuvering but smoking black), I would not consider this a killsteal. Black smoke gives a fairly good chance to ditch over friendly territory, getting shot down doesn't...

And even if it was a killsteal, the right way would be to post it here on the forums and not TK..

Implementing shared kills would be nice future to have in next war. This system worked quite nice in last RandomExpert campaign.

• Upvote 2

Implementing shared kills would be nice future to have in next war. This system worked quite nice in last RandomExpert campaign.

+1

i also liked that system.

+1

i also liked that system.

The act of kill stealing is not as cut and dry as intentional team killing. If you intentionally team kill you should be banned end of story.

• Upvote 1

@ saddles: i am afraid you were shot down intentionally by ramm from less than 200m distance it is hard to believe he mistook your white smoking 109 for a black smoking i-16. sorry you lost your virtual life but regarding your obvious coolant leak you suffered earlier your e7 was doomed anyway. i have the recording of the whole story if needed.

Perhaps, I was on the way back to base and I think I might have made it.  It's just a game, I don't want to continue to whine about it... just saw that it was the same guy HenHawk was talking about.  Moving on!

This. I often down know if to engage or not when there is someone else on a bogey. Sometimes they can't finish the job quickly enough and then there is more at stake.

On this first map I feel upset about some restrictions on airplanes, really German side need any help, if you forbidden the use of 20mm on i16 or the 23mm on IL2.

If you restrict these on red side why you don't restrict the gunpods for Maccis and the 37mm cannon on Stuka?

• Upvote 4

+1

On this first map I feel upset about some restrictions on airplanes, really German side need any help, if you forbidden the use of 20mm on i16 or the 23mm on IL2.

If you restrict these on red side why you don't restrict the gunpods for Maccis and the 37mm cannon on Stuka?

Stuka's with 37s are a 3 out of 10 tank killer, all things considered.  Il-2 1941s with 6x50kg and 8xROFS-Hashanah 132s are a 7 out of 10 (the 23s make em an 11 out of 10).  The 1941 is faster, climbs better, can tangle with fighters much better, and potentially capable of bringing home a far higher number of dead tanks.  The versatility factor is also substantially higher, you can far more easily de-ack your own target, and if you're on the way to target and the tanks disappear, you can simply divert to any other target and still wreck shop.

Macchi pods I agree with... if the Rat ain't get cannons...

There were problems with DServer.exe and today database crashed two times so far (too many connections error). I have no idea what was the reason. In this case DServer.exe is running but no events are updated to database.

---------------------------------------

JG700_Rammjager grounded for 3 days

You should just start banning people for a day whenever they bring this up Artur. Maybe then they'd get it.

Smart, cause that would be much easier than just banning shoot killing..   :rolleyes:

I guess it depends on what kind of community you're trying to encourage here, a friendly chivalrous one, or a toxic CoD like one. If the later then ban away  ;).

• Upvote 1

HUB36kg.jpg

It seems someone just got the longest take off and landing flight in TAW server  :ph34r:

Nice to find out that longer flights also reward more CMs. :salute:

Great feature !!!

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

HUB36kg.jpg

It seems someone just got the longest take off and landing flight in TAW server :ph34r:

Nice to find out that longer flights also reward more CMs. :salute:

Great feature !!!

Extra CM's are given to bombers only, as far as I am aware. I think it's 1+ CM for every additional 15 min past the first 30 min (45?) - exact criteria is somewhere in this gigantic thread. I believe the intent is to compensate/encourage what usually turns out to be slow and high risk bombing missions, while a person could instead get just as many CM's running short/low kill fighter missions. Makes sense to me, but what you have there seems a little extreme for 15 gk.

... Makes sense to me, but what you have there seems a little extreme for 15 gk.

With the new layout of target areas around the airfield (which is great and I really appreciate it) it's damn hard for Heinkel (specifically the H-6 variant) to score these 15 ground kills even with two SC1000. The only exception are probably the undamaged depots and train stations. Anyway the number of combat sorties we get for each mission could be limited to three max, but that's just my opinion.

hmm. seems red team wants to end the map before MEZ evening...15 vs. 4 during MEZ morning hours does not look good for the blues...

hmm. seems red team wants to end the map before MEZ evening...15 vs. 4 during MEZ morning hours does not look good for the blues...

Jup, I don't see how to compensate for this over the EU Afternoon and evening. Since its hardfought. But that is a old story as well. Nothing to do against that

Extra CM's are given to bombers only, as far as I am aware. I think it's 1+ CM for every additional 15 min past the first 30 min (45?) - exact criteria is somewhere in this gigantic thread. I believe the intent is to compensate/encourage what usually turns out to be slow and high risk bombing missions, while a person could instead get just as many CM's running short/low kill fighter missions. Makes sense to me, but what you have there seems a little extreme for 15 gk.

It is 1+cm for every 15 after the first 30 min if you have killed at least ground target. 1 or 100 does not make a difference.

There were problems with DServer.exe and today database crashed two times so far (too many connections error). I have no idea what was the reason. In this case DServer.exe is running but no events are updated to database.

Now I know what was the reason of database failure: there was an attack on out TAW webpage by "SQL injection". Webpage has been fixed.

exact criteria is somewhere in this gigantic thread.

I try to keep changes in the change log at the bottom of the manual page. You can find there all changes during the campaign. The multiple CM for bombers was introduced on 04.09.2016: Every 20min of flight after first 15min is one extra Combat mission.(https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21029-tactical-air-war/page-27?do=findComment&comment=383974)

Edited by =LG=Kathon

Now I know what was the reason of database failure: there was an attack on out TAW webpage by "SQL injection". Webpage has been fixed.

I try to keep changes in the change log at the bottom of the manual page. You can find there all changes during the campaign. The multiple CM for bombers was introduced on 04.09.2016: Every 20min of flight after first 15min is one extra Combat mission.(https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21029-tactical-air-war/page-27?do=findComment&comment=383974)

But I guess the Sorties are lost? The first time I had time and the luck to play one entire Battle  :(

But shit happens

Edited by DerSheriff

Any insight on why the German team just got a boost to their total available trucks? Went from 2000 to 2120 today. I'm just curious what missions they ran to do that, had no idea you could expand your totals at all.

Edited by =SqSq=Sulaco

Hans!!! what's wrong with those Italian planes :-)

spaghetti wrapped around rudder pedals and too much Vino to remember what that silly button on top of your stick does

Any insight on why the German team just got a boost to their total available trucks? Went from 2000 to 2120 today. I'm just curious what missions they ran to do that, had no idea you could expand your totals at all.

• New supply warehouse objective is placed on the map once every 4-5 real days (about 50 missions). If not destroyed then it increase global limits for planes, tanks and trucks by 80, 150 and 240 respectively. Supply warehouse consist of several different hangars and other buildings. You must destroy as many hangars as possible.
  • Upvote 1

Yes I am also wondering this as well