=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Hello guys. 

TAW team, It's necessary do something about kill on parachute. Reds pilots behavior are unfair and extremely unnecessary.

Today, the pilot PeterZvan killed me on parachute.  

I wish this hehavior would be forbiden.

Your options are Phoenix:

- Do not get shot down, but if u do, always try to crash land;

- Shoot chutes as well whenever the known chute shooters are playing if u feel some sort of revenge will help you accept the situation and go down to their level;

- Or simply not fly in this server anymore.

I personally dont like and dont shoot at chutes and I know you and our BLW friends feel the same way but this place is nasty and, literally, war. Unfortunately, there is nothing we cant really do about it ...

Lets team up again when online friend, maybe we can avoid that when flying together ...

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Is it the first Knight Cross of the Iron Cross to be awarded to member of german armed forces on this campaign ???  :ph34r:

ClKgPTB.png

Well done you Brazilian beauty!

Now if you have to bale out, watch out for those despicable Chute killers, we don't want to lose a Knights Cross holder.

• Upvote 2

I don't care about my killstreak. I can get my killstreak easily back but this is hilarious.(i am not doing any accusations) But since when does a peska has a forward gunner.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=15854&name=MeoW.Scharfi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvXSHBVGaK8&feature=youtu.be

The notorious tail ejection button was pressed.
  • Upvote 3

Another one

Edit: I don't want to start some kind of witch hunt. You can watch it and make your own opinion. You can blame ping(even no one was warping at all) netcode or hax or whatever. I don't expect anything by posting it.

But one thing is for sure. Peska pilots can breathe easily. I will avoid them at all cost  :ph34r:

Edited by MeoW.Scharfi

Another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cs2LYC3704

Edit: I don't want to start some kind of witch hunt. You can watch it and make your own opinion. You can blame ping(even no one was warping at all) netcode or hax or whatever. I don't expect anything by posting it.

But one thing is for sure. Peska pilots can breathe easily. I will avoid them at all cost :ph34r:

You clearly zoomed in too close and scared the little tail away!

• Upvote 4

The toothpick effect!

-edit-

You can even hear the gun shooting on the second one, after you pass. lmao russian space warping-curving bullet technology comrade!

Edited by 3./JG15_Staiger
  • Upvote 1

hi anyone know whos an ad,in at taw please i need to talk to him since my account is locked and i cant join server ever since i changed my name 

But one thing is for sure. Peska pilots can breathe easily. I will avoid them at all cost  :ph34r:

I got shot up by a peshka the other day while I was flying past him and under his right wing. After checking the replay no guns were bearing on me. Still got my engine shot to pieces.

• Upvote 1

Thank you guys for the "live stats" feature. Thats actually better and more amazing than I thought. You can replenish your planes within a round. That promotes replenishment sorties and such. very nice.

On a side note i think the Ju52 needs a replenishment buff. Since a Ju-88 basically flies twice as fast. I could get 2 Ju-88 sorties in while bismarck was flying his Ju-52 once. The Ju-52 needs more than 6% to make it time effective.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 2

Another one

Nothing new with the tail. It falls apart after short time it got damaged. I have seen a topic about this in this forum some time ago. If you want to complain go find this topic and write there. Maybe game devs will read this.

Another one

But one thing is for sure. Peska pilots can breathe easily. I will avoid them at all cost  

If I'm flying a peshka this TAW the gunners are rubbish. Please feel free to shoot at mine. The best tactic is just to sit behind and the gunners just seem to expend all their ammo firing at a point slightly below the persuing fighter.

• Upvote 1

If I'm flying a peshka this TAW the gunners are rubbish. Please feel free to shoot at mine. The best tactic is just to sit behind and the gunners just seem to expend all their ammo firing at a point slightly below the persuing fighter.

i beg to differ. or at least the gunners are somewhere going between vassili zaitsev and stormtrooper level every minute

• Upvote 5

i beg to differ. or at least the gunners are somewhere going between vassili zaitsev and stormtrooper level every minute

I caveated my statement with when *I'm* in the Peshka. You are right of course. These blast points are too accurate for Sandpeople, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise.

• Upvote 3

Pe2s gonna have a free pass from me aswell, pretty bs gunners. Gotta love those psychic powers.

• Upvote 2

Pe2s gonna have a free pass from me aswell, pretty bs gunners. Gotta love those psychic powers.

More like Radar Guided..

• Upvote 1

Wanted to apologize to Veccu for my bomb blast and him catching some of the bomb fragments. Ruined his 110, and his life.

Wasn't my intention, there were a lot of aircraft coming off target, which isn't any excuse.

I'm quite sorry.

• Upvote 3

In the rules it says the the Ju88 only has the 1800kg bomb excluded, but when I looked yesterday I couldn't find any with the 1000kg available. Is this a bug, are they restricted like on the 111 or does the 88 not have 1000kg?

In the rules it says the the Ju88 only has the 1800kg bomb excluded, but when I looked yesterday I couldn't find any with the 1000kg available. Is this a bug, are they restricted like on the 111 or does the 88 not have 1000kg?

Have you looked at the rear airfields ? Usually its locked on the front ones and the big bombs are only available on the rear af's 

Does anyone know the victory conditions for Map #1? Was it pilot attrition, aircraft attrition or map control? Is there somewhere on TAW website to see the victory conditions for each map? If not, I would like to humbly request such a feature. Thanks. Also, thanks for the great server, the live stats update is awesome!! Do you guys have a Patreon or anything?

Edited by =CAF=xThrottle_Geek

Does anyone know the victory conditions for Map #1? Was it pilot attrition, aircraft attrition or map control? Is there somewhere on TAW website to see the victory conditions for each map? If not, I would like to humbly request such a feature. Thanks. Also, thanks for the great server, the live stats update is awesome!! Do you guys have a Patreon or anything?

IIRC LW reached the max aircraft lost (1300). 

Thanks Staiger. Were you playing when this happened? Or did you know some other way. I'm aware of the stats page listing aircraft and pilots, but I'm not watching it 24/7. Pesky work and all.. 

Staiger probably disco'd aircraft number 1300 ;)

(I kid, I kid...)

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr

I've been playing both sides (I always play reds on TAW and Germans on Random expert) and I must say that the PE2 gunner (PE2 87 with 12,7mm gun in top turret) is not different than the HE111 H16 with the 13mm gun.

From my experience I think the script that calculates the % for the accuracy of the gunner is heavily distance dependent (even more than for the attacking plane speed). You must just avoid to come too close (and also of course dont sit and enemy six cause You are just stationary target for the gunner)

• Upvote 3

Thanks Staiger. Were you playing when this happened? Or did you know some other way. I'm aware of the stats page listing aircraft and pilots, but I'm not watching it 24/7. Pesky work and all.. 

Last time I flown there was around 50 aircraft left to the LW, with a few pilots more to spare.

The Pe2 case is just stupid, you can just look at scharfi videos, it resembles most of the pe encounters, and you dont need to sit at its six to get shot to bits by those psychic gunners. I think speed is way more important than distance, usually I have no problems when Im flying the 190, which is much faster than the pe's, but in case of the first maps of taw where LW has E7s and F2s the speed difference is minimal.

-edit-

Just watched Sheriff last video and I was surprised how easily he could de-wing a ju88 with just a single .50cal + 20mm of the yak1b, if he did that to a pe it would most likely only result in an oil leak...

Last time I flown there was around 50 aircraft left to the LW, with a few pilots more to spare.

The Pe2 case is just stupid, you can just look at scharfi videos, it resembles most of the pe encounters, and you dont need to sit at its six to get shot to bits by those psychic gunners. I think speed is way more important than distance, usually I have no problems when Im flying the 190, which is much faster than the pe's, but in case of the first maps of taw where LW has E7s and F2s the speed difference is minimal.

-edit-

Just watched Sheriff last video and I was surprised how easily he could de-wing a ju88 with just a single .50cal + 20mm of the yak1b, if he did that to a pe it would most likely only result in an oil leak...

Maybe asking the IL-2 Devs to look into this will help? Don't think the TAW Admins can do anything about people getting wasted by PE-2 gunners, etc. Edited by [TWB]Reagan505

You Hartmanns just don't learn :P

Only 110s using its infinite ammo and firing from 1km away can kill Pe2s.

Your job is to cover the 110s ;)

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

I am not saying the PE2 does not have a modelling problem, I leave that decision to the developers, but don't expect it to die as easily as a JU88 because that would definitely be unhistoric.   They lost more JU88s during the battle of Britain than all the He111 & Do17s losses combined despite there being fewer Ju88s used than either of the other two.  On the Eastern front when they were forced into use for CAS they proved very vulnerable to ground fire while the PE2 was in its element.  It was a very capable multi-role bomber, on the NW front the Ju88s decimated the VVS on the ground,  but they lost 890 of 1720 JU88s sent there in the first 8 days of the campaign.

From what I understand is that the health of the teams depots coincides with the amount of special load out planes available. When depots were completely destroyed on last map #1 for axis there were no He-111's with 1000SC's available.

The plane set does indeed say 1800SC is unavailable for the Ju-88, so you would think 1000SC are allowed on the Ju-88, but it also says "* SC1000 is limited for the He 111 H-6. It’s not available on frontline airfields and limitation depends on depot destruction". Don't know if this means ONLY the HE-111 can carry 1000SC for the sake of team balance, but the manual is pretty horribly translated, either way we will never know for sure.

I would just have it set so that the integrity of a teams depot has to be above a certain health level for the Ju-88 or other planes special load out to become available.

Probably lots of reasons. I'm sure the TAW Admins know what they're doing... Everything will be fine.

Edited by [TWB]Reagan505
  • Upvote 1