=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Is there a campaign mechanic that explains why airfields that are recently taken are returned to the opposing team after 1-2 maps without any tank coumn attacking them? 

Is it because they were above 80% damage for 2 turns or something? dont quite understand this, have seen it occur twice on this current map

LW get to drop paras occasionally, not sure if that could explain it ?

Hello guys.

So, I'm favor that any pilot has disconnected, by any reason, should by count as killed. We have a lots of exemple. check out one of them.

In this case, I had hit the enemy and then he disconected, but sometimes they disconected when you had gotten his six.

Edited by =BLW=Phoen1x
  • Upvote 1

Hello guys.
So, I'm favor that any pilot has disconnected, by any reason, should by count as killed. We have a lots of exemple. check out one of them.

In this case, I had hit the enemy and then he disconected, but sometimes they disconected when you had gotten his six.

as a player that has at least one CTD a day, plus internet latency issues from AU,. i couldnt disagree more.

current rules for disco are appropriate.

• Upvote 2

All my suggestion and the only suggestion is the squadron hanger, not only the personal hanger, TAW need more effecient attack/defend carried out by a squadron.

And I ALSO AGREE with Moach on his +1CM idea, or only if we ditch around the friendly AF with 5 KM radius, we know our great ground crew will help us to ship the crashed plane back to the base and fix them up in 3 rounds, and we still can have a dinner after we back to our base. :P

Hello guys.

What benefit does he have by disconnecting after you have shot him down ? doesn't that effectively count as a pilot kill resetting his stats ?

Edit: Just checked, he's on a 0 kill streak, so a disco within 5 minutes of being hit is pretty harsh

Edited by =11=herne

What benefit does he have by disconnecting after you have shot him down ? doesn't that effectively count as a pilot kill resetting his stats ?

Yes. Its a death. Another thing is that he is presenting it as a proof for cheating. I just scrolled through the sortie list of the disco guy and see plenty if ditches and beeing killed. Not once another disco. So there is that. Sometimes cool off your emotions and kick off the analytic mode. Thanks. we get a better world this way.

Edited by DerSheriff

Btw it's not death just penalty for disco,if he would stay he could save his life and streak by bailout or ditch. But if he was near ground and no way to save escape then by disco he loose only streak and not both life and streak plus downgrade stats. Do not mention points.

Maybe someone who is getting shot at and takes damage but then disco's should lose life as well.

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to throw in my +2 cents of support for Moach's ideas of revisiting the functionality of ditching and scoring when you don't make it back. I've finally managed to get more than 1 friend into frequently flying this server and all it takes is one bad day of repeated aircraft losses to greatly discourage them from continuing.  Very frustrating for him to ditch only a few miles from an active friendly airfield and lose access to the aircraft for 5.5 hours when he could have simply bailed out and then farmed CM's for 45". I would argue that ditching should be more rewarding since it puts your pilot into more jeopardy. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe someone who is getting shot at and takes damage but then disco's should lose life as well.

Isnt that how it works right now?

I know a lot of people that drop out of game because of lagspikes or whatever. I very rarely see people disconnect on purpose. Its just horrendously frustrating to first get kicked from the server because of a bad connection and then lose ones life on top of that just because you got damaged before. I personally would like the system to have a probability to get killed when disconnecting after getting damaged, equally to the uncertainty when bailing out of your plane.

"If pilot or his plane is damaged and then disconnect during sortie his results is disco (like death or capture AK/GK streak is reset and plane is lost). "

You cant disco in 5 min after being damaged because this will result as death.

do you guys get paid for flying in such conditions? :)  I swear the more I read about these rules and people's reaction to them the less "game entertainment" I feel. Resembles some Navy academy with bunks and a bureaucratic commission.

• Upvote 1

do you guys get paid for flying in such conditions? :)  I swear the more I read about these rules and people's reaction to them the less "game entertainment" I feel. Resembles some Navy academy with bunks and a bureaucratic commission.

If you want more go read rules and manual ;)

It is a blast. Best BoS experience there is and ever was.

• Upvote 8

"If pilot or his plane is damaged and then disconnect during sortie his results is disco (like death or capture AK/GK streak is reset and plane is lost). "

You cant disco in 5 min after being damaged because this will result as death.

Which is still already pretty harsh but i understand why it's necessary.

Last campaign I lost a 30 ak streak cause a ju88 hit me once as I shot him down and then i crashed to desktop

Edited by =WFPK=chappyj

I think some of the best "gaming" experiences I've had, have been right here, on this server. VR gives the BoX series a massive edge for me. MY played time went up from 10's of hours pre VR, to about 800 in the last 6 months, and I still can't get enough.

TAW campaigns have a persistence and progress from early war, through various maps, plane sets, with variable weather conditions. If one of my virtual pilots has done pretty well for himself, I really miss him when he inevitably gets captured or killed.

Other servers are lots of fun too, TAW just happens to be one of my personal favorites.

Just last night, we took off from gromeslavka or whatever its called flying cap for some LW ground pounders as they hit the tanks, largely uncontested. We were expecting trouble, but things were quiet, far too quiet. We went back to refuel and do the same again. The Airfield alarm goes off on respawn, we assume that they are going for the defenses and launch as quick as we can looking for tell tale signs of puffs of flak, eventually they came, I see at least 4 contacts diving through the clouds, ones coming at me with a speed and altitude advantage, so my initial instinct was to split S and head back toward the airfield. I see tracer going past me, and I'm desperately, quite literally looking over my shoulder in VR trying to gauge his distance making minor course corrections to try and throw his aim off. My WM gives me the all clear, and I re-engage. We get the upper hand, and my Wingman chases off what we thought were the last of them.

Just as we were preparing to land, I'm out of ammo at this stage, maybe enough for a very quick MG burst, flaps and gear down, a flare goes up from the airfield flak starts firing, and the second wave comes in, peshka's, yaks, migs. All I could do was raise gear and flaps, and watch in awe as these guys beat up our airfield, and try and use the AF's flak and AA guns for cover as I was out of ammo. LT Artur (can see from the Log) hit me, damage looked bad, canopy was all shot up with some impressively large holes in my right wing. I thought my number was up, but somehow my WM and I managed to make it down safely, and land our 5 enemy kills between us.

The exhilaration of that encounter is still fresh in mind. This is why I love BoX, and especially TAW. Win or lose, its so much fun.

• Upvote 2

The SC1000 limitation (front-line airfields/ depot destruction) concerns the He 111 H-6 exclusively. The Ju-88 has unavailable mods: SC1800 and 2xSC1000, but I don't remember if it's possible to take only one SC1000 for it. Have to check it.

If this is the case then the plane chart in the rules section should be upgraded because it says that only the 1800kg is forbidden for the 88. I am fine with having only 500kg, but the way it is right now is kind of confusing.

your description is pretty tasty, that's for sure. :) Thank you for such a vivid picture of your on-line battles in TAW, I think I'll finally give it a try, especially if it starts with the "early planes" and progresses from there. I also fly in VR, which to say the least is rather difficult for the aircraft ID'ing in a tag-less server, so this kind of a review coming from another VR fellow makes me pretty optimistic!

I think some of the best "gaming" experiences I've had, have been right here, on this server. VR gives the BoX series a massive edge for me. MY played time went up from 10's of hours pre VR, to about 800 in the last 6 months, and I still can't get enough.
TAW campaigns have a persistence and progress from early war, through various maps, plane sets, with variable weather conditions. If one of my virtual pilots has done pretty well for himself, I really miss him when he inevitably gets captured or killed.

Other servers are lots of fun too, TAW just happens to be one of my personal favorites.

Just last night, we took off from gromeslavka or whatever its called flying cap for some LW ground pounders as they hit the tanks, largely uncontested. We were expecting trouble, but things were quiet, far too quiet. We went back to refuel and do the same again. The Airfield alarm goes off on respawn, we assume that they are going for the defenses and launch as quick as we can looking for tell tale signs of puffs of flak, eventually they came, I see at least 4 contacts diving through the clouds, ones coming at me with a speed and altitude advantage, so my initial instinct was to split S and head back toward the airfield. I see tracer going past me, and I'm desperately, quite literally looking over my shoulder in VR trying to gauge his distance making minor course corrections to try and throw his aim off. My WM gives me the all clear, and I re-engage. We get the upper hand, and my Wingman chases off what we thought were the last of them.

Just as we were preparing to land, I'm out of ammo at this stage, maybe enough for a very quick MG burst, flaps and gear down, a flare goes up from the airfield flak starts firing, and the second wave comes in, peshka's, yaks, migs. All I could do was raise gear and flaps, and watch in awe as these guys beat up our airfield, and try and use the AF's flak and AA guns for cover as I was out of ammo. LT Artur (can see from the Log) hit me, damage looked bad, canopy was all shot up with some impressively large holes in my right wing. I thought my number was up, but somehow my WM and I managed to make it down safely, and land our 5 enemy kills between us.

The exhilaration of that encounter is still fresh in mind. This is why I love BoX, and especially TAW. Win or lose, its so much fun.

can someone tell me what the cities do ? Verh. Tsaritsinsky for instance. What tactical advantage if any do they give ?

I love this server and this game. It is the best WW2 combat flight experience out there. I often do sorties that I spend the rest of the day thinking about.

As any Allied pilot knows, straffing a German truck convoy in P-40s is about a much fun as you can have with your clothes on. Just as we’re finishing up I get bounced by a Hun, my plane is riddled with bullets and my pilot injured. My wingman calls instructions to me; “Keep bringing him left!” which enables him to flame the bandit. I dive for friendly lines thinking my engine will quit any second (it’s a P-40!) and I don’t want to be captured. Now I’m unsure of my position and can’t see because my pilot is bleeding out and the screen is all red. My pitch control is all shot up and I’m flying with elevator trim and throttle. Wingman calls headings to me “10 degrees left, a bit more. Stop! Hold that heading. Airfield is 5 kilometers on the nose”. I make an emergency landing on the field. My wingman confides in me his hands were actually shaking after saving my ass in the dogfight.

Great fun! Well done LG team keep it up.

• Upvote 4

Made of video of a bunch of Pe2s crushing Novo the other day. Led by TWB with a side of 19//, awesome flight with a near death experience at the end (the cherry on top of any great sortie!)

• Upvote 4

Blocked in this country, what music did you use?

Aw man... Parabolic Cosmos by Break of Reality in full, and a small part of Kris Kross' Jump

Blocked in this country, what music did you use?

Yes use VPN or better use opera with build in VPN.

I made a copy with the troublesome music removed (fortunately it was just the Kris Kross bit at the end, not the main music)

• Upvote 1

So can we have a TAW WWI campaign, to keep us going in between WWII campaigns ;)

Oh yes please! Can you imagine the carnage!

Made of video of a bunch of Pe2s crushing Novo the other day. Led by TWB with a side of 19//, awesome flight with a near death experience at the end (the cherry on top of any great sortie!)

Sick video dude. Love the mass PE-2 strikes. Lots of fun. Lol, Forgot about the mid-air.. Great recovery.... "Wiggidy, Wiggidy, Wiggidy, Whack!" Haven't heard "Kris-Kross" in years. Good times. 

I made a copy with the troublesome music removed (fortunately it was just the Kris Kross bit at the end, not the main music)

So it was Novo-Sergievsky we were attacking, I followed a long in an overloaded Pe-2 but had no idea where we were going because no one in chat replied.

nBJyzTv.png

It was a VERY nice flight and by far it is no wonder why Allies always have such high success, those formation and attacks were magnificent beyond words:

Azu9pPK.jpg

PtLF6Fq.jpg

2jWsuGy.png

Yv3LvfH.jpg

3ZbnwnN.jpg

0YVIumA.png

And that unlucky Pe-2 at the end, you have to witness their death in video to confirm it :^)

K9v9IHw.png

Man, they don't often do anything of that scale or magnitude on the Axis side. It's Lonewolves most of the time.

• Upvote 2

If this is the case then the plane chart in the rules section should be upgraded because it says that only the 1800kg is forbidden for the 88. I am fine with having only 500kg, but the way it is right now is kind of confusing.

It does:

cfrnkKi.png

can someone tell me what the cities do ? Verh. Tsaritsinsky for instance. What tactical advantage if any do they give ?

They are just cities, cities without airfields attached to them, so just an objective in the ground war. Defense positions will spawn around them as on the normal airfields, in that case you can worry less since it's not attached to an actual airfield.

8.8cm-Flak-36

Awesome pics dude. Thanks for flying with us. You're always welcome to fly with us buddy.

guys hello and thank you for the server.

the question - yesterday the tanks of the blue tanks did not remain, knocked out more than 770, today 750/770. rules correct for the sake of someone?

sorry fo google translate.

Edited by ROSS_174driver

• New supply warehouse objective is placed on the map once every 4-5 real days (about 50 missions). If not destroyed then it increase global limits for planes, tanks and trucks by 80, 150 and 240 respectively. Supply warehouse consist of several different hangars and other buildings. You must destroy as many hangars as possible.

oh .... ok, thx, did not see this paragraph in the rules and manual ..... I'm quite old, blind and decrepit .... ((((

again google translate