Game version 4.601 discussion: Spitfire Mk.XIV, Nieuport 28.C1, GAZ-MM 72-K, other changes

Han

SCG_FeuerFliegen

I may have missed it, if it was already mentioned in the thread as I didn't read through it all, 

Is the DVD model of the P-51 finalized?  I was paying around in QMB getting myself shot up to see what it looked like, and I saw a mix of the old NES 8-bit style bullet holes, mixed in with the new DVD bullet holes.  Does it still use the old damage visual model while also using DVD?  Will the old damage visual model eventually be removed completely?

RNAS10_Oliver
1 hour ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

I may have missed it, if it was already mentioned in the thread as I didn't read through it all, 

Is the DVD model of the P-51 finalized?  I was paying around in QMB getting myself shot up to see what it looked like, and I saw a mix of the old NES 8-bit style bullet holes, mixed in with the new DVD bullet holes.  Does it still use the old damage visual model while also using DVD?  Will the old damage visual model eventually be removed completely?

Answers to the questions are presume so, yes, no.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

IckyATLAS

Due to issues I had with resaving my group files and missions, I decided a full clean reinstall from scratch of this new version. Now this is a whopping 30.1 GB. Download speed oscillates between 1 MB/sec and a 120 MB/sec. Average is about 40 MB/Sec. This means in a little more than ten minutes it should be done.

I have a Gigabit connection to the internet and as I download on a fast NVMe2 SSD it's pretty fast.

jollyjack

I had that kind of thing. Again i downloaded fresh, and made backups of the fresh game folders and files usually changed overtime first.

Copied the old ones into the fresh install. Oops, always i tend to forget one. Like once again the campaign saves this time,

and i really began to dislike the 'protected' IL2 campaigns now, as you cannot set them to missions and play them individually. Stopped buying them,

although some are really worthwhile like Gambit's ad BlackSix 'stuff.

It took quite some time to do the mission etc resaves. Partly used @super_truite's background Powershell script for that. 

Groupfile resaving seemed again not necessary this time.

Would be nice if there's a list of the needed old ones to copy-reinstall.

PS 4.601 game loading seems about 20% longer.

IckyATLAS

After reinstalling, all problems just disappeared. All is fine now. 4.601 rocks.

Over the years it is normal that the game loading does take more time as the size gets bigger and bigger. Nevertheless the coming more powerful CPU's and faster SDD and RAM should mitigate it.

Edited by IckyATLAS

baco30il2
On 4/27/2021 at 11:51 AM, ICDP said:

I have submitted two new updated skins for the Reiner and Tarantola Folgores based on your feedback.  The Tarantola skin has smoke rings that are more uniform in size but still some variations as per real Folgores.  The other skins I am happy with as they are.

Outstanding!

Thank you very much !

Jade_Monkey
10 hours ago, Denum said:

Because its not super game breaking and only one plane and perhaps they are finishing something or waiting to see if anything else needs to get fixed before they another update?

Agreed.

Also, deployments actually take a lot of time and resources away from development, so they are not worth it for small items. It really puts a lot of development on freeze, you need to create parallel environments to continue development, and all that overhead that is just not worth it for a non-critical bug.

Gambit21
9 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

Nevertheless the coming more powerful CPU's and faster SDD and RAM should mitigate it.

Arrived CPU’s...

IckyATLAS
15 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Arrived CPU’s...

Ok Ok arrived CPU's if you can get them at a reasonable price.

• Upvote 1

db605Sct13

OK I looked through this and still don't know how to re-supply ammo to the GAZ .....you run out and that's it? 

I got used to shooting one at a time and figuring out the sight....took out more than a few vehicles ....only one plane ....

but how to re-supply ? 

Jade_Monkey
5 hours ago, db605Sct13 said:

OK I looked through this and still don't know how to re-supply ammo to the GAZ .....you run out and that's it? 

I got used to shooting one at a time and figuring out the sight....took out more than a few vehicles ....only one plane ....

but how to re-supply ? 

If you are in range of a resupply vehicle you need to turn off your engine (makes sense for planes but not a fan of this for vehicles).

Then it takes some time to actually resupply. How long that takes will depend on how the resupply vehicle was configured.

DoWAlpha

Is there any word on when the Mk XIV will be available to purchase as a collector plane?

Thanks,

Bernard_IV

I'm liking the new Spitfire as well, been waiting for this one.  The clipped wing flies like a brick but the full wing version is great.

Denum
3 hours ago, DoWAlpha said:

Is there any word on when the Mk XIV will be available to purchase as a collector plane?

Thanks,

Guessing when the game is full launch.... So...Late 2022?

Bernard_IV

Just get the BoN expansion.  There are other planes to fly, the G6 late, in particular is a sweet flying 109.  Seems to be the 109 of choice lately.

• Upvote 1

BladeMeister

Thank you 1C! Keep up the good work.

S!Blade<><

QB.Creep
1 hour ago, Sneaksie said:

...updates certain Mustang...

Thanks for the info! Can you elaborate on this part?

DBFlyguy
10 minutes ago, QB.Creep said:

Thanks for the info! Can you elaborate on this part?

Updates to some of the P-51 skins.

FlyingShark
On 5/2/2021 at 7:27 AM, Bernard_IV said:

Just get the BoN expansion.  There are other planes to fly, the G6 late, in particular is a sweet flying 109.  Seems to be the 109 of choice lately.

Same here, I like 'em all but the G6"Late" was the one I was looking forward the most and I really enjoy it.

I'm gonna keep flying it until it's pieces splatter of my screen.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

=EXPEND=CG_Justin

Wow! Awesome! Thanks for the new skins @ICDP!!!

Once again really beautiful Normal Map, now for Yak-7b. Great work ICDP! And thanks to the great team!

J2_Bidu
5 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

Hotfix 4.601b is published - it addresses the issue with darker Mustang windshield, fixes the 13-mm ammo loadout for Bf 109 G6 Late (there is now an AP and HE mix instead of HE only), does a couple of text corrections, updates certain Mustang, MC.202 and all Nieuport skins and adds 4K quality external textures for Yak-7b created by Martin =ICDP= Catney.

The map in Flying Circus is showing the destroyed villages in the mud. Was this part of the change? Got me singing "Mademoiselle from Armentieres" 🙂

I also felt I was seeing different buildings in the mud, but it may be placebo effect ;).

=FEW=Hauggy

Last 2 patches killed online performance, or so it seems.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

216th_Cat
7 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

Hotfix 4.601b is published - it addresses the issue with darker Mustang windshield, fixes the 13-mm ammo loadout for Bf 109 G6 Late (there is now an AP and HE mix instead of HE only), does a couple of text corrections, updates certain Mustang, MC.202 and all Nieuport skins and adds 4K quality external textures for Yak-7b created by Martin =ICDP= Catney.

I do wish you'd post this somewhere prominent. Have the game updating and no idea why - really had to hunt about to find this.

• Confused 1

Jizzo
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, 216th_Cat said:

I do wish you'd post this somewhere prominent. Have the game updating and no idea why - really had to hunt about to find this.

As soon as there is an update, the changelog is always pinned at the top of the specific game version thread, amigo.

Edited by Jizzo
  • Upvote 1

Denum
34 minutes ago, 216th_Cat said:

What? It literally took me longer to type this then it did to find the info...??

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

216th_Cat

@Jizzo @Denum I always come to this forum by forum by clicking on Unread Content. Try it - it doesn't show the hotfix posts and never has.

BH_Adabadoo_VR

Thanks for the Update can't wait to fly the P-51!!!

ACG_Frederf
2 hours ago, Denum said:

What? It literally took me longer to type this then it did to find the info...??

No. The changelog is hidden for no good reason.

• Confused 3

Denum

Honestly can't help you guys then.

This info wasn't hidden. 

Infact you can find it with two clicks from the search function. 

Logically hot fix data would be included with the current patch thread because the issues came from the patch. I didn't think this was investigator level deductions...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Startrek66
Posted (edited)

Thanks guys for this fix!  Keep working on the Macchi 202, great!  Update the landing gear instrument , see my post.  Thanks again.

Edited by Startrek66

Megalon
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2021 at 7:29 AM, Sneaksie said:

When will the hotfix update be available on Steam?

Edit:  Nevermind.  Steam already took care of it automatically.

Edited by Megalon

Beebop
Posted (edited)

Why did my game start without requiring the update?

No, I am not a Steam user.  I think Steam is bloatware that takes up valuable space on my hard drive and based on what I've read seems to be more trouble than it's worth.  Besides, I like to buy directly from the manufacturer.

I pre-ordered FC2 and have the Nieuport 28.  I'm online and pick the N28 and my game crashes and gives me the message I don't own the content, 😲  yet I was able to choose it  ???

I don't use the Launcher because I use Mods and in the past some of the updates fecked with my keybinds and HOTAS settings.  So I use the regular .exe and if an update is available I get a message I need to install it to play.  That way I can unload any mods and backup my 'input' folder then use the Launcher to update.

I thought that was the way the game was designed so everyone was on the same page.  But this time I was able to run the game until I chose the Nieuport.  Apparently the game doesn't know I own it so doesn't inform me I need to update.

Do I have to check the forums every time before I start the game to see if there's an update/hotfix etc.?

Just a TAD frustrated with the way this works. 😡

Edited by Beebop

blitze

Just like to add my thanks to @ICDP for the new skins and the Devs for the hotfix.

There is an issue with the Spitfire IXe Careers where waypoint speeds are set to 195Mp/h which puts the speed out of range of the aircrafts documented cruise settings of 2650RPM at +7 Boost.  I have to run +9 to +10 boost to stay with my flights and although International Power (2850RPM at +12 boost) is good for an hour of flight, I would prefer to save that for combat.

Anyway, again, thanks.  Onward and Upward. :)

Soilworker
7 hours ago, Beebop said:

Why did my game start without requiring the update?

No, I am not a Steam user.  I think Steam is bloatware that takes up valuable space on my hard drive and based on what I've read seems to be more trouble than it's worth.  Besides, I like to buy directly from the manufacturer.

I pre-ordered FC2 and have the Nieuport 28.  I'm online and pick the N28 and my game crashes and gives me the message I don't own the content, 😲  yet I was able to choose it  ???

I don't use the Launcher because I use Mods and in the past some of the updates fecked with my keybinds and HOTAS settings.  So I use the regular .exe and if an update is available I get a message I need to install it to play.  That way I can unload any mods and backup my 'input' folder then use the Launcher to update.

I thought that was the way the game was designed so everyone was on the same page.  But this time I was able to run the game until I chose the Nieuport.  Apparently the game doesn't know I own it so doesn't inform me I need to update.

Do I have to check the forums every time before I start the game to see if there's an update/hotfix etc.?

Just a TAD frustrated with the way this works. 😡

Beebop, (I mean this as nice as possible) the game is supposed to be started with the launcher, if you have problems with running the .exe direct due to mod reasons, well that's on you matey. 

• Upvote 5

• AKA_Ramstein changed the title to What was the patch we got on Friday 05-07-2021 ?
  • Han unpinned this topic