Game version 4.601 discussion: Spitfire Mk.XIV, Nieuport 28.C1, GAZ-MM 72-K, other changes

Han

56RAF_Stickz
Just now, arvigna said:

Hello, yes it is ok for me too. Deleted .msnbin and save mision via editor (I don't understand how to use resaver), and old mission "work". Idem for custom of other's.

6 posts up(prior to) from yours, Stoopy shows the procedure for resaver. Worth keeping it, because this will happen quite often and allows updating multiple missions in one pass

• Like 1

arvigna
5 minutes ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

6 posts up(prior to) from yours, Stoopy shows the procedure for resaver. Worth keeping it, because this will happen quite often and allows updating multiple missions in one pass

Cool! thank you very much !!!

Arvi.

AndyJWest

Important unanswered questions regarding the GAZ. 😉

Does it have a horn? And if it does, does it go 'Parp Parp' or 'Aroooga'?

How fast does it go?

Can you do a Scandinavian flick with it?

And perhaps most important, can you fire the gun while it's moving? Probably not standard practice in an AA role, but you never know when it might come in handy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I./JG52_Woutwocampe

11. Spitfire Mk.XIV added to Rhineland Career mode (Bodenplatte) to the following squadrons the player can join: No. 41 Squadron RAF, No. 130 Squadron RAF, No. 350 (Belgian) Squadron RAF, No. 402 Squadron RCAF and No. 610 Squadron RAF.

Around what dates did these squadrons operate? I'm currently Jan 25th 1945 in BoBP and I dont even see one of these on the Rhineland map?

Vortice
3 hours ago, LukeFF said:

There were Spitfire XIV squadrons still using .303s in the spring of 1945. :) 

Probably just trying to use up a surplus stock of 303 rounds. Or to get through a shortage of .5" rounds.

As early as the Mk. V version pilots were asking their armourers to remove the 303s to save weight and increase manoeuvrability by removing mass from the outboard sections of the wings.

And because they were useless.

=VARP=Ribbon
1 hour ago, CanadaOne said:

I would think the IL2 people would be happy no matter what I bought. Money is money, and they seem to want money. Besides, BoN is $100Cdn at the moment, and the finished product is at least a few days away. And the Spitfire is a collectors plane anyway.

Channel map💖???

I thought you were the "Map-man"🤔

Stiggles

I have one question regarding the new plane numbering system: Will there be blank versions of the other official skins added in so we have a few more choices for the base skin, or will that be left to the community? The new system is great, but you can only use it on two skins without it having letters overlapping the existing letters.

Edit: Actually there's a follow-up: Does the implementation also allow for the possibility of custom character graphics from users? Character colors?

Edited by Stiggles

Boomerang

Awesome sauce, :) WoW! What a surprise update! 😍

New virtual toys 🎁 to enjoy too. :dance:

There are so many features to truely admire within the IL-2 Breat Battles Series, (improves consistantly all the time).

Thanks a bunch to our contributing community members, and all the developers of this wonderful sim. Han, your the man! :salute:

Jade_Monkey
14 minutes ago, Stiggles said:

I have one question regarding the new plane numbering system: Will there be blank versions of the other official skins added in so we have a few more choices for the base skin, or will that be left to the community? The new system is great, but you can only use it on two skins without it having letters overlapping the existing letters.

Edit: Actually there's a follow-up: Does the implementation also allow for the possibility of custom character graphics from users?

Yes, it was mentioned somewhere by Jason that the base skins will become more of a selection of blank skins that can be combined with the codes, while the current ones will be optional and available via separate download. Can't seem to find the source now.

Vortice
3 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Well... I want to buy stuff. I think that's good, isn't it?

You wouldn't like it. It's not all that good really and the Mk. IX has a prettier tail anyway. 🦄

• Haha 1

II/JG17_HerrMurf

I'm sure it's simple but I seem to be overlooking how to utilize the tactical numbers on my aircraft.

pilotpierre

Once again, Bravo Zulu to all concerned for your dedication and output. Methinks you guys are unbeatable as developers, not forgetting mon sewer Jason of course.

=VARP=Ribbon
26 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

I do love a good map. :cool:

I'm not saying I won't buy BoN at one point. (I'm kind of waiting to see how the Advanced QMB pans out.) I am simply saying I would like to buy the MkXIV right now, and the plane is done and it's a collectors plane. And not to belabor an already belabored point, but the devs specifically did ask us to support this sim by buying stuff.

Well... I want to buy stuff. I think that's good, isn't it?

That would seem logical!

=SqSq=Civilprotection
7 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

I'm sure it's simple but I seem to be overlooking how to utilize the tactical numbers on my aircraft.

Right now they are only available on ground vehicles, the Nieuport, and the P-51 (same as the new visual damage system). More planes will be brought up to this standard with future updates.

LachenKrieg

Just got news of the update, so I brought the pub back to my place. Everything looks great. OMG on the Gaz!!:good: But guys... absolutely love the updated graphics effects, and thanks for all the less prominent, but much appreciated updates. My tanks got numbers...:dance:

AH_Hollywood

One more proud owner of the - GAZ-MM 72-K (25mm) Vehicle Mounted Anti-Aircraft Gun

VBF-12_Snake9

so I looked through the notes twice, but it is clear that the 51 windscreen was changed, darkened.  It's like looking through mud now.  Easy to tell.  Look at the many videos before patch and compare.  Noticed it right away.  

What's the deal here?  Was this supposed to be a change or not?  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

=621=Samikatz

As someone who didn't fly it in RoF, the Nieuport 28 is a delightful little machine. The handling is snappy, and it's lively without having any really ugly qualities like the Camel's stall. No idea how competitive it is, but it's great for going on sightseeing tours of the new railyards. The throttle confused me at first but after looking it up it seems like a really interesting bit of engineering

[APAF]VR_Spartan85

I just have to say, the new kites and aaa truck are awesome!

as a vr user, just with the gaz having a bit of head movement issues while on the site.. like most tanks as well, not looking down site, I move my head to look through the site but the camera translates to default position...  a bot nauseating... then when using the sim down site function, the head locks to site but the head is fixed in an awkward position and rotating the head is uncomfortable...

other than that, the truck is awesome to drive around and the gunner crew is pretty sweet...  can’t wait to rip into players from the ground :)  maybe some additional foliage options  for hiding in forest areas ?  :)

the n.28 has such a tiny pit!!?  Was lining up my head like I see the pilot in 3rd person and wow it’s cramped lol...

but what an accurate firing platform!

thanks for the fun devs!

AndyJWest

The Spit XIV does a lovely inverted spin, for those that are interested in that sort of thing. Might even be worth doing a few times if you aren't just so you know how to recognise it if you get into one accidentally, though that will probably take some clumsy flying. Fortunately, just letting the controls go will recover, assuming you are high enough.

BladeMeister
10 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

I'm not sure I want BoN. It depends a good deal on how the Advanced QMB pans out. And there are planes in BoN I have no interest in. But right here, right now, the devs say they want people to buy stuff and support the sim and I want to buy stuff and support the sim. 

Hell, sell me a MkXIV right now and I'll buy two and gift the second. Or is that even worse than buying one?

Can't see that happening mate. It would just piss off all that scraped together their hard earned pennies to purchase BON just to be able to have early access to the new Spitty. If you can't beat em, which you can't, join em! Now, enough of this jabberwocky, I am off to test out the new Spitty. Oh, by the way,  you could always move to the good old USA and buy BON for a more reasonable price mate.;)

S!Blade<><

Weird that people are missing the point of early access,

You're paying full price and the reward is getting to play with the new toys before everyone else.

There's not much point in them cutting it up to make everyone happy.

Spend the money. The Spitfire and Razorback are quite fun.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BladeMeister
1 minute ago, Denum said:

Weird that people are missing the point of early access,

You're paying full price and the reward is getting to play with the new toys before everyone else.

There's not much point in them cutting it up to make everyone happy.

Spend the money. The Spitfire and Razorback are quite fun.

Correction, you receive a 10$ discount right off the bat if you buy early access Sir. Just another reason to jump in feet first. Don't be sacred!...:scare:

RedKestrel

Nevermind.

Edited by RedKestrel
  • Haha 1

II/JG17_HerrMurf
1 hour ago, =SqSq=Civilprotection said:

Right now they are only available on ground vehicles, the Nieuport, and the P-51 (same as the new visual damage system). More planes will be brought up to this standard with future updates.

I opened a P-51 in quick mission but did not see anywhere to apply a code. What is the process?

sevenless
Just now, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

I opened a P-51 in quick mission but did not see anywhere to apply a code. What is the process?

Same dialog where you apply the skins to your plane.

2 hours ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

Around what dates did these squadrons operate? I'm currently Jan 25th 1945 in BoBP and I dont even see one of these on the Rhineland map?

?

They start showing up in the fall of 1944 and are there for the rest of the campaign.

53457909_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2021_04.21-17_26_41_28.thumb.jpg.2773af43bd7e4b820de95a616906a99c.jpg

• Upvote 2

=SqSq=Civilprotection
5 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Ah, so have you tried starting the quick mission? You go to quick mission and setup all the mission and plane settings. Then you start the mission after which you get dropped back into the map screen. Here again you can modify airplane mods, fuel, etc. This is where you can apply the tactical code.

• Upvote 1

VilsonFarias

Next week I'll be on vacation and now I have a legendary Spitfire XIV, new features like DVD and Sturmovik Festival! That's outstanding news! 

Thanks for your hard work, guys.

II/JG17_HerrMurf
31 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Same dialog where you apply the skins to your plane.

Not exactly. It's on the second screen/Briefing GUI. I found it and it works pretty well.

We are gonna need all of the official skins in a default mode with no markings for this to really be useable. Official marked and Official unmarked.

Also, it would be way more intuitive if it was in the AC GUI on the first page and not the Briefing page. Another point is; once a color is selected it should be persistent/default for all of the remaining code blocks. Currently it is that way for black only. WIP so not a major complaint.

*Thanks Civic, probably found this as you were typing. Didn't see your reply unitl I typed the above ^^

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Like 2

Got to spend a couple of hours flying the new Spit. What a beast. Beautiful model too. It won't replace the P-51 as my favorite but I'm eager to knock some V-1s down over the channel before they reach populated areas.

Playing AA gunner is a blast. I hope these first two AA trucks are just the beginning for some of the later war German and U.S. quad mounted platforms. While I'm not a multiplayer guy anymore, I think this could really add something for those who are. It feels like duck hunting... on steroids.

All in all, a great update.

• Like 3

Gambit21
20 minutes ago, Rjel said:

Got to spend a couple of hours flying the new Spit. What a beast. Beautiful model too. It won't replace the P-51 as my favorite but I'm eager to knock some V-1s down over the channel before they reach populated areas.

Playing AA gunner is a blast. I hope these first two AA trucks are just the beginning for some of the later war German and U.S. quad mounted platforms. While I'm not a multiplayer guy anymore, I think this could really add something for those who are. It feels like duck hunting... on steroids.

All in all, a great update.

Where/what missions did you use the AA truck?

11 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Where/what missions did you use the AA truck?

On the Stalingrad summer map. I just picked one in the middle of the map. I first picked Ju-52s as the attackers. I knocked a couple down. Then I tried bombers, those turning out to be He-111s. I hit several but didn't kill any. They were shot up pretty good though and would've went down if I hadn't run out of ammo. Lot of fun.

• Like 1

Gambit21
3 minutes ago, Rjel said:

On the Stalingrad summer map. I just picked one in the middle of the map. I first picked Ju-52s as the attackers. I knocked a couple down. Then I tried bombers, those turning out to be He-111s. I hit several but didn't kill any. They were shot up pretty good though and would've went down if I hadn't run out of ammo. Lot of fun.

Awesome...I'm not as good with it as I wish I was lol.

I go through a lot of rounds before anything goes down. I'm surprised because I have this memory of me being a dead-eye gunner back in the old sim.

Not so much right now.

• Like 1

I./JG52_Woutwocampe
1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

?

They start showing up in the fall of 1944 and are there for the rest of the campaign.

53457909_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2021_04.21-17_26_41_28.thumb.jpg.2773af43bd7e4b820de95a616906a99c.jpg

I just started a NEW RAF campaign. The squadrons appear on the map and I can chose any of them to fly the Mark XIV . However, in my current ongoing campaign, there is NO selectable airfields available where these squadrons should be on my headquarters map so I cant request a transfer to anyone of them. For instance, there is nothing near Diest but if I start a new career and on your printscreen, I see three squadrons available for this airfield. 

My guess is, the squadrons will become available after the next cutscene, when a new battle sequence begins, around Feb 5th I think. I dont see the squadrons in my FW190A8 neither. Around dec 15th 1944. I guess they will also appear later.

BlitzPig_EL
10 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

I hope they replace the rubber control cables with steel ones on our dear Mk.XIV. I sincerely hope the XIV will receive some more love. (As hopefully the N.28) While it is true that the Spitfire is slightly unstable and needs to be held where it is going, the nose and wings are really firmly connected to the stick input. There is no mushing and no lagging behind. You move that stick, you move that nose.

Have to agree here.  The Mk. XIV feels like all the planes felt in the early days, I guess it's the return of the "Wobble".  Kinda disappointed with her.  I was expecting a lot from this aircraft, but after a few hours flying against human and AI adversaries, I'll take the Tempest or P51 over the Mk. XIV in anything but a race to altitude.

At the altitudes that most combat in the sim takes place the Tempest is a better aircraft, and the Mustang has better balanced handling over the speed range than the Spit XIV.  I fear something is amiss here.

Oh, and what's up with the cloudy armored glass on the Mustang now?  Not good. 

• Upvote 5

• AKA_Ramstein changed the title to What was the patch we got on Friday 05-07-2021 ?
  • Han unpinned this topic