Game version 4.601 discussion: Spitfire Mk.XIV, Nieuport 28.C1, GAZ-MM 72-K, other changes

Han

Gambit21
3 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

All the AI anti aircraft units have unlimited ammo, so why shouldn't the human players?  It's far easier than trying to code a supply truck to follow you around, and less of a drag on computer resources.

BVAYAo.jpg

At first I had some complex logic dealing with a supply truck, proximity to this truck and/or supply areas etc.

Then your supply truck gets killed - now what? I have no way to code another truck driving to meet you like might happen in real life - or a constant stream of trucks.

Testing illustrated that unlimited ammo is the most feasible and fun solution. The supply truck getting killed, then having to go hunt for a supply depot was actually a buzz-kill.

• Upvote 2

BraveSirRobin
11 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

At first I had some complex logic dealing with a supply truck, proximity to this truck and/or supply areas etc.

Then your supply truck gets killed - now what? I have no way to code another truck driving to meet you like might happen in real life - or a constant stream of trucks.

Testing illustrated that unlimited ammo is the most feasible and fun solution. The supply truck getting killed, then having to go hunt for a supply depot was actually a buzz-kill.

Can you set the range that a supply object is active?

Gambit21
4 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Can you set the range that a supply object is active?

Yep, that’s how I had it set up.

BraveSirRobin
4 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Yep, that’s how I had it set up.

How about setting up supply points at every friendly “position” with a range of about 1k.  That way you can always reload when it would be a realistic option, but not when you’re off on your own.

ZachariasX

Ammo supply. Reminds me of that dude who thought it would be a grand idea to take home a live 20 mm round after the army service course ended. So he dug one in near the shooting range with the hope of recovering it on the way home. Of course he told not one living soul about it. Except naturally his best buddy who had both a similar approach to collecting stuff as well as to keeping things secret. Three days later, the MP plowed the field near the shooting range and recovered some 100 rounds or so. A lot of people went home a fair bit later than others. It was hilarious.

• Like 2

Gambit21
17 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

How about setting up supply points at every friendly “position” with a range of about 1k.  That way you can always reload when it would be a realistic option, but not when you’re off on your own.

Yep, that’s a great solution for say a longer mission where you’re with a convoy for instance. Friendly positions can be placed along the way.

Here’s what I found in actual practice, say at an airbase. A flight of 4 enemy aircraft comes in, and on the first few passses you burn through your ammo, and also your supply truck was hit.

So as a person playing a game, you just want to keep shooting (it’s fun!) but now you have to let these juicy targets alone while you try and find your ammo dump, which is much harder than it might seem when you’re right on the ground. So during this time more aircraft come and go, and you’re busy looking for ammo.

Then they stop coming because the mission logic/aircraft generator has delivered all of the flights that it’s programmed for. It ends up harming the experience rather than enhancing it (for this type of mission/build philosophy)

So I went with an “unseen logistical support” approach. These missions are a sort of “shooting gallery” approach. 

That said, yes especially say in a longer road trip, or especially multiplayer scenario, (even at an airbase) you have plenty of latitude to do what you describe. A supply truck, maybe several with proximity logic tied in, then also friendly supply areas. “Limit Ammo” is turned on and off in the logic according to these items/proximity.

This will encourage players to take thoughtful shots in MP. If I’m the gunner you might as well let me have unlimited ammo because I’m useless with it apparently.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Like 1

Jade_Monkey

Did you guys sneak in new sounds of the structure of the plane squeaking when there are high Gs? I dont remember seeing any notes in the release post.

They remind me a lot fo CLOD.

• Upvote 3

GiftZahnsSteigern

I noticed that as well JM. The noises after the squeaking stops are, however, all too familiar.

• Haha 1

I./JG52_Woutwocampe

Hmmm, I dont know if its related to the last update or a pure coincidence, but, for the first time since I've owned BoBP, I will be fighting Mustangs in a career mission in a couple of seconds!

jollyjack
7 hours ago, LukeFF said:

What on earth are you talking about? The two planes have the same armament when the XIV is armed with .50s, and there's no such thing as "extra 303s". 

You're right, sorry, i meant .50 loadout, no extra, for the iXe, not .303s. As for 'flying' the XiV i might not have found the right knowhow and settings yet.

The Hurricane has extra .303s, and regarding everybody's XiV enthusiasm i must be doing something wrong.

PS I bought the 2 Yak9s, but somehow i like the older ones better as well. Must be my bad too.

Spitfire iXe Weapons.jpg

Spit XiV weapons.jpg

Edited by jollyjack

jollyjack
On 4/23/2021 at 6:50 AM, timski711 said:

After this update, I am also experiencing micro-stuttering with all single player missions, including the in-game missions set and missions generated by SYN_Vander's Easy Generator. Any thoughts on where to look for a fix?

I had that too ... was worried it was my NVIDIA GPU and settings, set all to basic contolled by application, the same thing.

Some times the game stalls for about a second, and then runs fine again.

game seems to be stuck at about 98 % installed , oh  wait , never mind it finally completed

Edited by pencon

ZachariasX
8 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Here’s what I found in actual practice, say at an airbase. A flight of 4 enemy aircraft comes in, and on the first few passses you burn through your ammo, and also your supply truck was hit.

I hope that makes people understand why I always felt AAA gunners are in general wary of enemy aircraft.

A flak truck without an ammo truck is like a steam engine without a tender. Introducing the ammo logistics would be great, as it opens a lot of possibilities to shut down defenses. However, it would require the mission designer to reproduce the supply chain on any given defense. That would probably be more hurt than fun.

I would propose a much simpler mechanics, namely having for practical purposes unlimited ammo by giving the player the total rounds stored on a respective site, but destruction of certain objects (lorries, ammo dumps) at once would reduce the current ammo available the gunner (each dump could be assigned a number of rounds that would be deduced from the total available to the gunner) to ultimately the few panic rounds the gunner has on the truck with him. Ammo dumps should be more rewarding füto blow up. If they are assigned a lot of rounds in storage, a small bomb on it shoukd make for a fantastic BOOOM!.

But at least it transpires now to most players that flak truck on its own is mainly a threat to peasants and popular for such among improvized troops. It is like a carabine with one clip.

Jaegermeister
5 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

A flak truck without an ammo truck is like a steam engine without a tender. Introducing the ammo logistics would be great, as it opens a lot of possibilities to shut down defenses. However, it would require the mission designer to reproduce the supply chain on any given defense. That would probably be more hurt than fun.

I would propose a much simpler mechanics, namely having for practical purposes unlimited ammo by giving the player the total rounds stored on a respective site, but destruction of certain objects (lorries, ammo dumps) at once would reduce the current ammo available the gunner (each dump could be assigned a number of rounds that would be deduced from the total available to the gunner) to ultimately the few panic rounds the gunner has on the truck with him. Ammo dumps should be more rewarding füto blow up. If they are assigned a lot of rounds in storage, a small bomb on it shoukd make for a fantastic BOOOM!.

It would be quite possible to put a Command Behavior MCU in place to do this. Set the AA vehicle to unlimited ammo, and when your supply vehicle or ammo dump is destroyed, activate "limited ammo". You would still have a full load at that point but it would be finite. You could then trigger a new vehicle to head that way and trigger the unlimited ammo again when it arrives on site. Fairly straightforward stuff. 

• Like 1

baco30il2

"...10. 4K quality external texturing added for MC.202 fighter..."

I found  out that some Mc202 skins are changed in worse.

For example the camouflage of the "Reiner" now seems painted by a kid with a brush .... not even close to the original.

Before this update it was same as the original.

Is it possible to revert/download the previous skins?

thanks

Mc-202 1HomeWeb.jpg

IL2 202new.jpg

Callsign_NEW
1 hour ago, baco30il2 said:

For example the camouflage of the "Reiner" now seems painted by a kid with a brush .... not even close to the original.

thanks

Mc-202 1HomeWeb.jpg

IL2 202new.jpg

Every plane skin on the hangar seems kind of washed out and have sort of a “brand new” look to them. But in game they look great, check it out for yourself. And please, don’t trash on the developers’s work like that, they work hard to bring us the best WW2 sim in the market with very few resources, and being rude like that won’t help. If you think something can be improved or should be given a second look at, private message one of the devs, so they can tell you if they can fix the problem.
Cheers. 

Edited by Callsign_NEW
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, baco30il2 said:

thanks

Mc-202 1HomeWeb.jpg

IL2 202new.jpg

You really have made a wonderful impression with your demeanor and attitude with your firs post haven't you?

English may not be your first language but politness is universal.  If you have any constructive criticism to make please do so in a way that is not insulting or confrontational.  If you list the skins you have issues with I can review them, and to be fair I see you point on the Reiner skin but most of the others are either very similar to the original 2K skins, or made to match actual WWII photos (where available)

So try to be polite and list your issues in a constructive way and I can see what I can do with your suggestions.

Edited by ICDP
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

ShamrockOneFive
21 hours ago, jollyjack said:

You're right, sorry, i meant .50 loadout, no extra, for the iXe, not .303s. As for 'flying' the XiV i might not have found the right knowhow and settings yet.

The Hurricane has extra .303s, and regarding everybody's XiV enthusiasm i must be doing something wrong.

PS I bought the 2 Yak9s, but somehow i like the older ones better as well. Must be my bad too.

Spitfire iXe Weapons.jpg

Spit XiV weapons.jpg

Select 'E-Type wing' and you'll have the same armament configuration as the IXe does.

• Thanks 1

jollyjack

IMO the reworked skins in the current game version look more as 'real' life paintwork. Compliments to the devs (or Martin?)

Made some skins,and usually it's hard to get that kind of effect.

Some skins i adapted from de with templates mocked up my self by smudging sharp edges of stuff like camouflage blobs.

Pilots and ground crew must have hand painted camouflage patterns for buildings, planes, tanks etc. quite a bit according locality circumstances ...

That IL2 MC202 skin above looks more real to me than that museum refurbished plane.  I would even make it filthier, there's still no bird shit like on my car LoL.

Some map items etc also could look better with mud and smudging,.especially roads, buildings and railways.

Prokhorovka and Veliki-Luki summer looks a bit like the Shire in Hobbit-land LoL. Some texture modders out there?

Edited by jollyjack

Gambit21
On 4/25/2021 at 5:22 AM, Jaegermeister said:

It would be quite possible to put a Command Behavior MCU in place to do this. Set the AA vehicle to unlimited ammo, and when your supply vehicle or ammo dump is destroyed, activate "limited ammo". You would still have a full load at that point but it would be finite. You could then trigger a new vehicle to head that way and trigger the unlimited ammo again when it arrives on site. Fairly straightforward stuff. 

Yep - so long as the player isn’t moving around.

I had ‘command behavior’ (limit ammo) logic applied initially but scrapped it for reasons mentioned above.

A static position is another story as you know.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 1

baco30il2
8 hours ago, ICDP said:

You really have made a wonderful impression with your demeanor and attitude with your firs post haven't you?

English may not be your first language but politness is universal.  If you have any constructive criticism to make please do so in a way that is not insulting or confrontational.  If you list the skins you have issues with I can review them, and to be fair I see you point on the Reiner skin but most of the others are either very similar to the original 2K skins, or made to match actual WWII photos (where available)

So try to be polite and list your issues in a constructive way and I can see what I can do with your suggestions.

11 hours ago, Callsign_NEW said:

Every plane skin on the hangar seems kind of washed out and have sort of a “brand new” look to them. But in game they look great, check it out for yourself. And please, don’t trash on the developers’s work like that, they work hard to bring us the best WW2 sim in the market with very few resources, and being rude like that won’t help. If you think something can be improved or should be given a second look at, private message one of the devs, so they can tell you if they can fix the problem.
Cheers. 

I do apologies if I looked unpolite, I understood my post looked like a sterile criticism. I'm sorry to anyone who felt offended.

I didn't mean to offend the excellent work of the developers. I just found (in my very and unique modest opinion) a degradation in the quality of few skins and asked if there is a way to revert to the previous one. But it's clear that I used the wrong words. Sorry.

regards

• Upvote 1

baco30il2
3 hours ago, jollyjack said:

That IL2 MC202 skin above looks more real to me than that museum refurbished plane.  I would even make it filthier, there's still no bird shit like on my car LoL.

I think (this is my modest opinion) it's not a matter of weathering or filthiering. If you see the spots or the strips on some of the new Mc202's skins camo, they are too net, like painted with a brush instead of an airbrush. And in a random irregular pattern. 

cheers

1 hour ago, baco30il2 said:

I do apologies if I looked unpolite, I understood my post looked like a sterile criticism. I'm sorry to anyone who felt offended.

I didn't mean to offend the excellent work of the developers. I just found (in my very and unique modest opinion) a degradation in the quality of few skins and asked if there is a way to revert to the previous one. But it's clear that I used the wrong words. Sorry.

regards

In a way I find it flattering as you felt strongly enough about it to make a comment and WWII aviation enthusiasts are certainly vocal in many cases.  :)

I am always happy to review my work and want the skins I create to look as close to the originals as possible.  Your comments on the Reiner skin are actually valid and I checked the layers for that skin and had the wrong mottling enabled.  So I will submit an updated version for inclusion in the next update.

If you (or anyone else) have issues regarding historical accuracy of the skins just drop me a PM.  I have already updated many skins based on contructive input form the community.

Edited by ICDP
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 7

jollyjack
26 minutes ago, ICDP said:

If you (or anyone else) have issues regarding historical accuracy of the skins just drop me a PM.  I have already updated many skins based on contructive input form the community.

And  thanks again for your great works .... if i want to meddle with skins, i usually await eagerly for your templates first 👍.

VBF-12_Snake9

I would have thought the 51 hotfix would have been released.  Any time frame on this?

On 4/26/2021 at 8:07 AM, baco30il2 said:

regards

I have submitted two new updated skins for the Reiner and Tarantola Folgores based on your feedback.  The Tarantola skin has smoke rings that are more uniform in size but still some variations as per real Folgores.  The other skins I am happy with as they are.

305005320_ReinerUpdate.thumb.jpg.621e61725d5aa94a3e497dbfb693b446.jpg

920080161_TarantolaUpdate.thumb.jpg.56d28996235e28312692e2ba2a0093af.jpg

• Like 15
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ICDP said:

I have submitted two new updated skins for the Reiner and Tarantola Folgores based on your feedback.  The Tarantola skin has smoke rings that are more uniform in size but still some variations as per real Folgores.  The other skins I am happy with as they are.

305005320_ReinerUpdate.thumb.jpg.621e61725d5aa94a3e497dbfb693b446.jpg

920080161_TarantolaUpdate.thumb.jpg.56d28996235e28312692e2ba2a0093af.jpg

I envy your talent. Those look great. 

• Upvote 1

Cybermat47
6 hours ago, ICDP said:

Tarantola looking especially good. I think I know what decals I'm using if I ever build a model C.202!

rogueblade

What are the cruise, combat and emergency boost (mp) + rpm settings in the new XIV?

CountZero
14 minutes ago, rogueblade said:

What are the cruise, combat and emergency boost (mp) + rpm settings in the new XIV?

Max Cruising power (unlimited time): 2400 RPM, boost +7
International power (up to 1 hour): 2600 RPM, boost +9
Emergency Max All Out power (up to 5 minutes): 2750 RPM, boost +18

Here is full spec text about it:

Spoiler

Spitfire Mk.XIV
'Indicated stall speed in flight configuration: 152..172 km/h
Indicated stall speed in takeoff/landing configuration: 145..163 km/h

Dive speed limit: 756 km/h
Maximum load factor: 12.5 G
Stall angle of attack in flight configuration: 19.0 °
Stall angle of attack in landing configuration: 16.2 °

Maximum true air speed at sea level, 2750 RPM, boost +18: 574 km/h
Maximum true air speed at 4000 m, 2750 RPM, boost +18: 671 km/h
Maximum true air speed at 8100 m, 2750 RPM, boost +18: 720 km/h

Service ceiling: 13400 m
Climb rate at sea level: 23.8 m/s
Climb rate at 2650 m: 23.5 m/s
Climb rate at 6750 m: 18.2 m/s

Maximum performance turn at sea level: 18.1 s, at 270 km/h IAS.
Maximum performance turn at 3000 m: 21.0 s, at 260 km/h IAS.

Flight endurance at 3000 m: 1 h 45 m, at 350 km/h IAS.

Takeoff speed: 170..195 km/h
Glideslope speed: 180..210 km/h
Landing speed: 140..160 km/h
Landing angle: 12.5 °

Note 1: the data provided is for international standard atmosphere (ISA).
Note 2: flight performance ranges are given for possible aircraft mass ranges.
Note 3: maximum speeds, climb rates and turn times are given for standard aircraft mass.
Note 4: climb rates and turn times are given for 2750 RPM and boost +18.

Engine:
Model: Griffon 65
Maximum power in Take-off mode (2750 RPM, boost +12, low gear) at sea level: 1565 HP
Maximum power in International power mode (2600 RPM, boost +9, low gear) at 4270 m: 1520 HP
Maximum power in International power mode (2600 RPM, boost +9, high gear) at 8070 m: 1375 HP
Maximum power in Emergency Max All Out mode (2750 RPM, boost +18, low gear) at 2134 m: 2063 HP
Maximum power in Emergency Max All Out mode (2750 RPM, boost +18, high gear) at 6400 m: 1845 HP

Engine modes:

Water rated temperature in engine output: 105..115 °C
Water maximum temperature in engine output: 135 °C
Oil rated temperature in engine intake: 90 °C
Oil maximum temperature in engine intake: 105 °C

Supercharger gear shift altitude: automatic with possibility of manual switch to low gear

Empty weight: 3295.0 kg
Minimum weight (no ammo, 10%25 fuel): 3422.7 kg
Standard weight: 3862.7 kg
Fuel load: 363.3 kg / 504.6 l / 111 gallons
Maximum useful load: 1027.8 kg

Forward-firing armament ("c-type" wing):
2 x 20mm gun "Hispano Mk.II", 150 rounds per gun, 650 rounds per minute, wing-mounted
4 x 7.7mm machine gun "Browning .303", 350 rounds per gun, 1150 rounds per minute, wing-mounted

Forward-firing armament ("e-type" wing):
2 x 20mm gun "Hispano Mk.II", 150 rounds per gun, 650 rounds per minute, wing-mounted
2 x 12.7mm machine gun "Browning .50", 250 rounds per gun, 850 rounds per minute, wing-mounted

Bombs:
2 x 250 lb general purpose bomb "250 lb. G.P."
500 lb general purpose bomb "500 lb. G.P."

Length: 9.9 m
Wingspan: 11.21 m
Wing surface: 22.48 m²

Combat debut: January 1944

Operation features:
- Engine is equipped with the automatic governor of the manifold pressure that works when the throttle is set to 1/3 position or above.
- Engine has a two stage mechanical supercharger which does not require manual control. It can be switched to the low gear manually.
- Engine is equipped with an automatic fuel mixture control which maintains optimal mixture.
- Engine RPM has an automatic governor that controls the propeller pitch to maintain the required RPM.
- The water and oil radiators shutters are operated automatically, but there is a special manual mode that forces radiator shutters to open completely.
- Aircraft has a neutral static stability. The elevator effectiveness is high, so the aircraft should be controlled carefully, not giving too much flight stick input.
- Aircraft becomes unstable with extended landing flaps.
- Aircraft is equipped with elevator and rudder trimmers.
- Landing flaps have a pneumatic actuator so they can be extended to maximum position only. Speed with extended landing flaps is limited to 140 mph.
- Airplane tail wheel rotates freely and does not have a lock. Since the landing gear wheels are relatively close to each other, it is necessary to confidently and accurately operate the rudder pedals during the takeoff and landing.
- Airplane has differential pneumatic wheel brakes with shared control lever. This means that if the brake lever is held and the rudder pedal the opposite wheel brake is gradually released causing the plane to swing to one side or the other.
- Airplane is equipped with a siren that warns a pilot if the throttle is set to low position with landing gear retracted.
- It is impossible to open or close the canopy at high speed due to strong airflow. The canopy has an emergency release system for bailouts.
- The aircraft is equipped with two underwing formation lights.
- Standard gunsight is adjustable: both the target distance and target base can be set.
- The gyroscopic gunsight automaticly calculates required angular deflection while firing at a target. It has 4 modes: fixed reticle, fixed and gyro reticle, gyro reticle, gyro reticle with the target range fixed at 150 yards (night mode). The angular deflection will be calculated correctly only if the target range is set properly. To set the range, adjust the target base first using separate controls and then set the range by adjusting the size of the rangefiding reticle to be the same as the target size.
- Both gunsights have sliding sun-filters.'

• Like 1

rogueblade
12 minutes ago, CountZero said:

Here is full spec text about it:

Reveal hidden contents

Spitfire Mk.XIV
'Indicated stall speed in flight configuration: 152..172 km/h
Indicated stall speed in takeoff/landing configuration: 145..163 km/h

Dive speed limit: 756 km/h
Maximum load factor: 12.5 G
Stall angle of attack in flight configuration: 19.0 °
Stall angle of attack in landing configuration: 16.2 °

Maximum true air speed at sea level, 2750 RPM, boost +18: 574 km/h
Maximum true air speed at 4000 m, 2750 RPM, boost +18: 671 km/h
Maximum true air speed at 8100 m, 2750 RPM, boost +18: 720 km/h

Service ceiling: 13400 m
Climb rate at sea level: 23.8 m/s
Climb rate at 2650 m: 23.5 m/s
Climb rate at 6750 m: 18.2 m/s

Flight endurance at 3000 m: 1 h 45 m, at 350 km/h IAS.

Takeoff speed: 170..195 km/h
Glideslope speed: 180..210 km/h
Landing speed: 140..160 km/h
Landing angle: 12.5 °

Note 1: the data provided is for international standard atmosphere (ISA).
Note 2: flight performance ranges are given for possible aircraft mass ranges.
Note 3: maximum speeds, climb rates and turn times are given for standard aircraft mass.
Note 4: climb rates and turn times are given for 2750 RPM and boost +18.

Engine:
Model: Griffon 65
Maximum power in Take-off mode (2750 RPM, boost +12, low gear) at sea level: 1565 HP
Maximum power in International power mode (2600 RPM, boost +9, low gear) at 4270 m: 1520 HP
Maximum power in International power mode (2600 RPM, boost +9, high gear) at 8070 m: 1375 HP
Maximum power in Emergency Max All Out mode (2750 RPM, boost +18, low gear) at 2134 m: 2063 HP
Maximum power in Emergency Max All Out mode (2750 RPM, boost +18, high gear) at 6400 m: 1845 HP

Engine modes:

Water rated temperature in engine output: 105..115 °C
Water maximum temperature in engine output: 135 °C
Oil rated temperature in engine intake: 90 °C
Oil maximum temperature in engine intake: 105 °C

Supercharger gear shift altitude: automatic with possibility of manual switch to low gear

Empty weight: 3295.0 kg
Minimum weight (no ammo, 10%25 fuel): 3422.7 kg
Standard weight: 3862.7 kg
Fuel load: 363.3 kg / 504.6 l / 111 gallons
Maximum useful load: 1027.8 kg

Forward-firing armament ("c-type" wing):
4 x 7.7mm machine gun "Browning .303", 350 rounds per gun, 1150 rounds per minute, wing-mounted

Forward-firing armament ("e-type" wing):
2 x 12.7mm machine gun "Browning .50", 250 rounds per gun, 850 rounds per minute, wing-mounted

Bombs:
2 x 250 lb general purpose bomb "250 lb. G.P."
500 lb general purpose bomb "500 lb. G.P."

Length: 9.9 m
Wingspan: 11.21 m
Wing surface: 22.48 m²

Combat debut: January 1944

Operation features:
- Engine is equipped with the automatic governor of the manifold pressure that works when the throttle is set to 1/3 position or above.
- Engine has a two stage mechanical supercharger which does not require manual control. It can be switched to the low gear manually.
- Engine is equipped with an automatic fuel mixture control which maintains optimal mixture.
- Engine RPM has an automatic governor that controls the propeller pitch to maintain the required RPM.
- The water and oil radiators shutters are operated automatically, but there is a special manual mode that forces radiator shutters to open completely.
- Aircraft has a neutral static stability. The elevator effectiveness is high, so the aircraft should be controlled carefully, not giving too much flight stick input.
- Aircraft becomes unstable with extended landing flaps.
- Aircraft is equipped with elevator and rudder trimmers.
- Landing flaps have a pneumatic actuator so they can be extended to maximum position only. Speed with extended landing flaps is limited to 140 mph.
- Airplane tail wheel rotates freely and does not have a lock. Since the landing gear wheels are relatively close to each other, it is necessary to confidently and accurately operate the rudder pedals during the takeoff and landing.
- Airplane has differential pneumatic wheel brakes with shared control lever. This means that if the brake lever is held and the rudder pedal the opposite wheel brake is gradually released causing the plane to swing to one side or the other.
- Airplane is equipped with a siren that warns a pilot if the throttle is set to low position with landing gear retracted.
- It is impossible to open or close the canopy at high speed due to strong airflow. The canopy has an emergency release system for bailouts.
- The aircraft is equipped with two underwing formation lights.
- Standard gunsight is adjustable: both the target distance and target base can be set.
- The gyroscopic gunsight automaticly calculates required angular deflection while firing at a target. It has 4 modes: fixed reticle, fixed and gyro reticle, gyro reticle, gyro reticle with the target range fixed at 150 yards (night mode). The angular deflection will be calculated correctly only if the target range is set properly. To set the range, adjust the target base first using separate controls and then set the range by adjusting the size of the rangefiding reticle to be the same as the target size.
- Both gunsights have sliding sun-filters.'

Thanks, are these values for instant or sustained turns?

RedKestrel
19 minutes ago, rogueblade said:

Given that it is given in a time in seconds, I would say that is the time for the plane to perform a full turning circle - so more likely sustained turn.

VBF-12_Snake9

Guys I was asking about the windscreen hot fix on the 51.   ....  And you moved it to 50s thread....

Any way when can we expect the windscreen hot fix to be released?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, rogueblade said:

If you play around with the XIV long enough, you'll find it has a trick move. When turning, it sometimes accelerates into the turn; this is right before a stall/spin. If you're careful, you can use this to your advantage. I did a few of these when I was at near-zero g-endurance and an AI Fw-190 was trying to get on my tail. I cut my throttle to 40% and kept turning at near-stall speeds, just to keep the Fw in front of me.

The XIV is very capable of sharp instant turns, but only if you want to pull 5+ g's in the process. Not recommended very often.

• Like 1

Caudron431

ICDP, nice skins!

And by the way, just wanted to say: your last posts are amongst the classiest -ever- .

Simple, remarkable and inspiring.

These moments when you read that kind of answer with astonishment , for you actually don't believe it is still possible nowadays, in this world...

I like these boards for this also, what some people bring to the sim, to the mood, the attitude, the talent: it makes my day!

Thanks

• Upvote 2

Frequent_Flyer

Why the hell was the visibility thru the P-51's armored glass wind screened changed ? It is now like looking thru a block of ice. Visibility is much worse than before, for what reason ? It is not " more "realistic nor is it historically accurate . 

BlitzPig_EL

F_F, the devs are aware and have a fix ready whenever a new hotfix is deployed.

352nd_Persecutor

So deploy the hotfix already.  The windscreen on the 51 now renders the aircraft handicapped, unrealistic, and in combat, useless.  Might as well be flying with blinders on.

Why should we have to wait?

4 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

F_F, the devs are aware and have a fix ready whenever a new hotfix is deployed.

12 hours ago, 352nd_Persecutor said:

So deploy the hotfix already.  The windscreen on the 51 now renders the aircraft handicapped, unrealistic, and in combat, useless.  Might as well be flying with blinders on.

Why should we have to wait?

Because its not super game breaking and only one plane and perhaps they are finishing something or waiting to see if anything else needs to get fixed before they push another update?

Edited by Denum
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

II/JG17_HerrMurf
2 hours ago, Denum said:

Because its not super game breaking and only one plane and perhaps they are finishing something or waiting to see if anything else needs to get fixed before they another update?

Also, because it has been acknowledged by the devs and a fix has been identified for that single item. It will roll out in the next patch. Probably after making sure there aren't any other conficts associated with it.

BTW, I flew with it and scored two kills online. It's hazy and annoying but not game breaking by any stretch.

• AKA_Ramstein changed the title to What was the patch we got on Friday 05-07-2021 ?
  • Han unpinned this topic