Game version 4.601 discussion: Spitfire Mk.XIV, Nieuport 28.C1, GAZ-MM 72-K, other changes

Han

3 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

Correction to that. The IX has not been changed to give you other armaments.

Ouch, you're right, I misread Callsign's post! Usually people ask about new aircraft features, not the older one ;).

39 minutes ago, Callsign_NEW said:

Great job you guys! Sadly I won’t be able to play for the next 4 days. Can someone answer me two things?

1 - Are we now able to have a Spitfire IX modification that allows us to have the 303. MG’s on the wings just like the Spit XIV? 
2 - Can we use the new tactical codes on all of the P-51 skins or just the Default and British ones?

Thank you for the amazing work you put in to the sim devs, it is really a dream come true. 😁

Can use the tactical codes on all skins.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 216th_Cat said:

Excellent! 👍 Mind you, I'm going to the pub in a minute so even the Spit XIV will have to wait!

Yes.. one must have correct priorities. :salute:

RNAS10_Oliver
50 minutes ago, Callsign_NEW said:

That’s too bad. Well, since they gave us the 150 Octane fuel modification with the release of the P51, it should be just a matter of time before the 303. MG’s too. 

Dunno about that. Doubt that those two changes are even in the same league. Changing some hidden FM values versus what might involve changing models plus textures plus some hidden FM values. Depending on what the changes are to the models and textures I imagine that would have an impact upon user the created skins also.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong as would be cool to have the modifications on the Vb that turn the aircraft into the L.Vb also.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Upvote 1

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard
1 hour ago, CUJO_1970 said:

Can anyone test the corrected ATA settings for the FW 190 please? Won’t be able to check it today.

Thanks

unknown.png

• Thanks 2

ShamrockOneFive
1 hour ago, Callsign_NEW said:

That’s too bad. Well, since they gave us the 150 Octane fuel modification with the release of the P51, it should be just a matter of time before the 303. MG’s too. 

That'd mean remodeling the Spitfire IX's wing. It's not the same as adding numerical based value differences such as adding 150 octane fuel as a modification.

• Upvote 2

arvigna

Bonjour,

Sorry, I'm a new user, but since the update, I can't load the custom missions anymore, including for pwcg.
Is there a procedure.
Thank you

Vortice
1 hour ago, Callsign_NEW said:

No sane person should ever attempt to go up against late-war German fighters using 303s. You will be signing your own death warrant.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Vortice said:

No sane person should ever attempt to go up against late-war German fighters using 303s. You will be signing your own death warrant.

Why wouldn't you? They still kill pilots no problem 

• 1CGS
Sneaksie

Hotfix is on: it addresses the error message about the missing effect on Stalingrad and Arras maps and Chinese version starts normally now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 12
  • Upvote 4

jollyjack

Great, now up for some fierce messing up nazi railway yards ...

CountZero

Thanks for Spit14, nice to se option to remove other guns and just keep 20mms

• Upvote 2

I./JG52_Woutwocampe

Killer update. The Mark XIV will bring direly needed variety to the BoBP careers. Happy about the 109 tail too. 

This game is moving in the proper direction. 

I cant wait to hear the Griffon! Getting out of work in 2 hours....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Vortice said:

There were Spitfire XIV squadrons still using .303s in the spring of 1945. :) 

Wow...I didn't expect it today...!!! Thank you so much for all this great work Dev Team...!!! :fly:

senseispcc

I download the patch. One flight in a Spitfire XIV and I was hooked. The next mission was in the Bodenplate campaign that was very immersive. I need some more hours in this plane but it is one of the most relaxing to fly. Fantastic job recreating this fabulous type XIV Spitfire. Thanks.

:salute:

BladeMeister

That is amazing that 1C has already produced a hotfix for initial known issues. Good show Gents.:good:

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Upvote 2

jollyjack

the launcher shows 4.506 still after the update, but the game 4.601 ...

Kapteeni

Downloading hotfix.. I tried GAZ and it is fun car. Can't wait US, GB even German "hacks" and hot rod skins..Maybe some racing missions too..

Now i need to buy Normandy, when ever i have money...

Edited by Kapteeni
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arvigna said:

Bonjour,

Sorry, I'm a new user, but since the update, I can't load the custom missions anymore, including for pwcg.
Is there a procedure.
Thank you

Hi, welcome and you need to resave the missions.

SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Awesome work Devs!

This ongoing always forward-marching progress shows again and again IL-2 is the place to be and the simulation to remain with. Guys, keep sharing this knowledge.:good:

• Upvote 2

Avimimus
20 minutes ago, Kapteeni said:

Downloading hotfix.. I tried GAZ and it is fun car. Can't wait US, GB even German "hacks" and hot rod skins..Maybe some racing missions too..

Now i need to buy Normandy, when ever i have money...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to driving the GAZ up this road:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/uploads/monthly_2021_04/Normandy_Towns_05.jpg.83006e07f39b2d25a56fb7134f1af29b.jpg

Hi,

Quote: "It comes with a special mission type in QMB mode and new single missions".

I tried to search single player missions but did not found for the new vehicle. Where can I find them, and how many missions are there?

• 1CGS
Sneaksie
2 minutes ago, Zeev said:

Hi,

Quote: "It comes with a special mission type in QMB mode and new single missions".

I tried to search single player missions but did not found for the new vehicle. Where can I find them, and how many missions are there?

Main menu - Single missions - AAA Scenarios if you have the GAZ.

2 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Yes, and there are five of them. :salute:

AH_Hollywood

Great work Devs. 

P-51 with DVD 😍

Spit 14 looks fast. 

time to tell my buddies to step up and get BON

sevenless
16 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

In light of this statement by the powers-that-be:

This adds overhead costs to our operation which we hope will pay for itself in time, but we ask that you continue your financial support of Sturmovik throughout this spring and summer and al of 2021 by purchasing new content and buying gifts for your friends, family and squadron-mates.

Perhaps making the Spitfire  MkXIV available for sale to all right now would be a good idea. You have a plane, I have money - let's make babies! 

Buy BoN and everyone will be happy.

• Upvote 3

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, arvigna said:

Bonjour,

Is there a procedure.
Thank you

I just tested a new mission with the Spit XIV generated by PWCG and it flew OK.  I also tested another PWCG mission that generated a binary through resaver and that also worked.  Old missions might not work but newly generated ones should.  

@Sneaksie posted earlier that older missions should work if you erase the .msbin file, open them in the ME and save them again.  The implication is that the text files are backwards compatible but binaries are not.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Thanks.

Shadows are great in VR now, crisp which adds to a better image overall.

Love the Spit XIV and quite a different beast to the IXe

19te.Deafbee

Thanks so much for the update. I love you guys. 

sevenless
Just now, CanadaOne said:

I would think the IL2 people would be happy no matter what I bought. Money is money, and they seem to want money. Besides, BoN is $100Cdn at the moment, and the finished product is at least a few days away. And the Spitfire is a collectors plane anyway.

Sure, but if you compare the price for a single collector with the price of early access BoN you can´t get a better value for money with buying BoN which right now has already 4 planes available. On the other hand, you are of course free to wait until aprox. mid 2022 and then buy the single collector you fancy.

• Haha 1

Legioneod

Great Update. Really like DVD. Just bought a new 1440p monitor and the details really show compared to 1080p (my old monitor).

Can't wait to check out the new visual effects in higher res/detail.

WWCephas

Has anyone noticed extremely accurate AAA even when set to low now?  It tried a couple different maps and was getting nailed by German 38's and MG 34s constantly.  I did check the Editor that they were set to LOW in AI settings.

Edited by WWCephas

sevenless
Just now, CanadaOne said:

And I can't help but notice you didn't buy BoS and BoM. I think if you bought them it would make everyone happy. ;)

You are mislead by the fact that I bought them on Steam. They don´t show up here in the forums.

• Upvote 1

arvigna
57 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I just tested a new mission with the Spit XIV generated by PWCG and it flew OK.  I also tested another PWCG mission that generated a binary through resaver and that also worked.  Old missions might not work but newly generated ones should.  

@Sneaksie posted earlier that older missions should work if you erase the .msbin file, open them in the ME and save them again.  The implication is that the text files are backwards compatible but binaries are not.

Hello, yes it is ok for me too. Deleted .msnbin and save mision via editor (I don't understand how to use resaver), and old mission "work". Idem for custom of other's.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Arvi

2 hours ago, Zeev said:

Hi, welcome and you need to resave the missions.

Yes thank you very much!😀

• AKA_Ramstein changed the title to What was the patch we got on Friday 05-07-2021 ?
  • Han unpinned this topic