Combat Box by Red Flight

Alonzo

7 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

I don't like it because sometimes the server decides to stop having a connection with me ūüėē

1 hour ago, VA_SOLIDKREATE said:

Yeah #1 is kind of "iffy". I get dropped all the time. A few times in the middle of the fight where we both got strikes on each other.

The rule around disconnecting after taking damage is unchanged, we've had that for at least two months. The new rule is the undamaged bailout, I just figured it would be better to put all the related items together in one post.

If you're having connection issues, try doing some MTU tuning, we've seen that help some folks.

2 hours ago, Alonzo said:

If you're having connection issues, try doing some MTU tuning, we've seen that help some folks.

MTU tuning is the last thing I'd try, personally.  Other factors like getting off wifi or making sure nobody else is using your connection make a much bigger difference.  It could also be that you just have garbage internet.  It happens.  The further away you are from the server, the more all of that makes a difference.

E69_Qpassa_VR
1 hour ago, thatguy said:

MTU tuning is the last thing I'd try, personally.  Other factors like getting off wifi or making sure nobody else is using your connection make a much bigger difference.  It could also be that you just have garbage internet.  It happens.  The further away you are from the server, the more all of that makes a difference.

I already use ethernet cable and I have 600mbps, playing from Europe should not be a problem, It wasn't in the past.

4 hours ago, Alonzo said:

The rule around disconnecting after taking damage is unchanged, we've had that for at least two months. The new rule is the undamaged bailout, I just figured it would be better to put all the related items together in one post.

I will check the MTU tuning, the rule I don't like is the one about being penalized without damage

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR

VA_SOLIDKREATE

Where does the SRS password happen to be located? I checked Patreon, Discord and here.

56RAF_Roblex
On 10/2/2020 at 8:20 AM, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

I will check the MTU tuning, the rule I don't like is the one about being penalized without damage

I get your concerns about being penalised for your ISPs problems but CB have done this for a good reason.  Some people are so determined to keep a 'Clean Sheet' and boast that they have done 50 sorties without dying that they will literally disconnect at the first sign of an enemy so nobody can accuse them of combat logging.    I get very frustrated when I see a nice juicy bomber below then see him dematerialise as I am diving on him.

• Like 1

ACG_Talisman
44 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I get your concerns about being penalised for your ISPs problems but CB have done this for a good reason.  Some people are so determined to keep a 'Clean Sheet' and boast that they have done 50 sorties without dying that they will literally disconnect at the first sign of an enemy so nobody can accuse them of combat logging.    I get very frustrated when I see a nice juicy bomber below then see him dematerialise as I am diving on him.

Bin the stats.  We don't really need them.  Folks can keep their own stats if they want a record.  The stats are inevitably flawed anyway.  Why brand fair players who sadly suffer the odd inadvertent disconnect beyond their control as unfair?  Answer, because of the unfair players.  Seems nuts to me.  Flying performance stats are one thing, but a totally flawed fairness stat is a comment reflecting on personal character and is a different matter altogether.  Bad show Combat Box.

56RAF_Talisman 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Stats are a cancer when they lead to this.

47 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Stats are a cancer when they lead to this.

Cannot say how many times I have stated this, but no one listens and its the same crowd protecting them..

You don't need them, have them user side only... Problem solved.

Still plenty of other ways you can reward players. Having a ''whos got the biggest d~k'' does nothing for gameplay OR fairplay for that matter

Edited by 9./JG52_JamzDackel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VA_SOLIDKREATE said:

Where does the SRS password happen to be located? I checked Patreon, Discord and here.

There is no password, just open SRS and join the server, it'll autoconnect.

If it doesn't, make sure you've installed it properly with the autoupdater

On 10/2/2020 at 12:20 AM, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

I already use ethernet cable and I have 600mbps, playing from Europe should not be a problem, It wasn't in the past.

DL speed does not mean reliable or consistent connection.  This game (and every other) takes very little bandwidth to operate from a user's side.  Reliable latency and no packet loss are what matter most..

4 hours ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Bin the stats.

Every game that has stats has a small group that wants to get rid of them, and they never do.  Those who disconnect to save their virtual lives would still be pulling that sort of garbage without stats, it's just the kind of people they are.  This is the internet, remember

• Upvote 2

VA_SOLIDKREATE

I just want more barriers on the AF to stop the pilots who just taxi and take off wherever they please and crash into people.

9 minutes ago, VA_SOLIDKREATE said:

I just want more barriers on the AF to stop the pilots who just taxi and take off wherever they please and crash into people.

Enable TacView, and send us an ACMI of people being idiots at airfields (actual crashes only please, not complaints about fly pasts or whatever). We'll take action.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 11:15 AM, Alonzo said:

With a slightly heavy heart, we have decided to ban graphical injectors on Combat Box. ReShade and the VREM mod will no longer work as of the next map roll. With the new spotting improvements it feels like there are less and less valid arguments that ReShade is needed, and it's unfortunately a cheat vector for the game. All other mainstream servers have already banned injectors, today we're following suit. To those of you using injectors for a legitimate purpose I can only apologize and say that it sucks that a few cheaters ensure the rest of us can't have nice things.

Is the "migoto zoom mod thingymajig" considered a graphical injector ? Or we can all still abuse cof cof use it ?

12 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

All your stats will be gone in less than a month. Today I have played without dc's so I'm pretty happy.

Great..

The start of the cycle is even worse with these 'kinds' of people

3 questions

A) can we stay at the map in between missions for as long as we like ?

B) How do we block everyone or anyone  from joining as a gunner before the mission starts ?

c)  I suffered 2 disconnects on the Paravane mission through no fault of my own and i was reduced to 90% fairplay why is that ?  

Edited by adler_1

12 hours ago, Willy__ said:

Is the "migoto zoom mod thingymajig" considered a graphical injector ? Or we can all still abuse cof cof use it ?

it¬īs an injector.

10 hours ago, adler_1 said:

3 questions

B) How do we block everyone or anyone  from joining as a gunner before the mission starts ?

c)  I suffered 2 disconnects on the Paravane mission through no fault of my own and i was reduced to 90% fairplay why is that ?  

No, you get kicked after being idle for I think 5 minutes. Might depend on how many people on the server.

VA_SOLIDKREATE
23 hours ago, Alonzo said:

Enable TacView, and send us an ACMI of people being idiots at airfields (actual crashes only please, not complaints about fly pasts or whatever). We'll take action.

Can't afford that right now =o). Unless there is a free version, but I will when I get it. 

VA_SOLIDKREATE

Hey can we get night hunter missions when the Mosquito drops? Hunt real and AI Ju-88's, He-111's and 110's?

ATT ADMIN  ALONZO

I suffered 2 disconnects on the Paravane mission through no fault of my own 2 days ago and i was reduced to 90% fairplay , i even had credits on my way back when it happened the second time just before landing , so i also lost points due to penalty ,  Pls explain 

Edited by adler_1

VA_SOLIDKREATE

I just got two disconnects in 10min just now. I did the MTU fix and it seems to happen more now. Then again, it could just be Xfinity because those guys are never at fault *eyroll*. (Their customer service is a horror clown show). I saw a "No Position Data on VA_SOLIDKRTEATE" message.

10 hours ago, adler_1 said:

ATT ADMIN  ALONZO

I suffered 2 disconnects on the Paravane mission through no fault of my own 2 days ago and i was reduced to 90% fairplay , i even had credits on my way back when it happened the second time just before landing , so i also lost points due to penalty ,  Pls explain 

your fair play comes back with flight time. a whole lot of people got disconnected twice yesterday during the Scheldt map - it happens. the fairplay penalty is there to discourage people from disconnecting when they find themselves in a bad situation. it is a necessary evil.

I was Discoed twice last night as was everyone else the first time it happened. When I came back into the server, the map was just the same as it was when everyone was disconnected. I had just attacked Antwerp port and destroyed 14 (IIRC) buildings. I checked the stat page and noticed the hits were recorded but not the score. I repeated the attack and hit more buildings and on RTB was disconnected again. Upon re-entry to the server I again saw my stats reflected the buildings I destroyed without a score. I hit more targets and ended with a personal best (the JU 88 can do a lot of damage if it can get through), beaucoup buildings, no deaths (yes being discoed might have ensured my safety) all this reflected on the stat page except a score.

Now I say all this not as a whine, but to pose a question, why would half my score (the buildings) remain and not the other half. I would think, and understood it better, if my score was purged from the stat page in it's entirety.

On 10/4/2020 at 5:09 AM, adler_1 said:

3 questions

On B. You have to spawn into the game and hit Esc. upon which you'll see the option to manage your gunners' positions, from there you can kick anyone in those positions and lock them down.

• Thanks 1

The disconnect penalty is there, as Creep said, to discourage stat-padders who pull the plug when they get into a disadvantage.

It's unfortunate that the server apparently farted twice last night and kicked people. Was anything unusual happening on the map at the time?

• Like 2

VA_SOLIDKREATE

Okay I went out and got a new modem. Hopefully it works.¬†ūüėĀ

I changed all the cables to new ones too.

=EXPEND=CG_Justin
21 hours ago, VA_SOLIDKREATE said:

I just got two disconnects in 10min just now. I did the MTU fix and it seems to happen more now. Then again, it could just be Xfinity because those guys are never at fault *eyroll*. (Their customer service is a horror clown show). I saw a "No Position Data on VA_SOLIDKRTEATE" message.

I was getting this message last week, but I was on WoL. It would disco every time I tried to fly. The same day on CB, my frames were dumping hard and I was getting a "ping over limit" message which is insane. Normally my ping to CB never ever leaves double digits. I know it's not my internet, I'm usually between 400-500mbps.

VBF-12_Snake9
6 hours ago, Alonzo said:

The disconnect penalty is there, as Creep said, to discourage stat-padders who pull the plug when they get into a disadvantage.

It's unfortunate that the server apparently farted twice last night and kicked people. Was anything unusual happening on the map at the time?

I was flying a tempest... that was unusual.¬†¬†ūüėĀ

• Haha 2

2 questions 

A) the satelite airbases such as Woensdrecht which are not the official  ones that do have the yellow smoke for rearm refuel . When landing there and use the facility you still have to go to an airbase to finish the mission or do or can finish the mission there if you wish and what happens to the credits if any? 

B) The hard objects , parked planes and vehicles which are present at the main airbases of the enemy are valid targets irrespective of the protected area against vulching ?   

Edited by adler_1

15 hours ago, Alonzo said:

I confess. I fed the server some chili dogs and dark beer. 

7 hours ago, adler_1 said:

A) the satelite airbases such as Woensdrecht which are not the official  ones that do have the yellow smoke for rearm refuel . When landing there and use the facility you still have to go to an airbase to finish the mission or do or can finish the mission there if you wish and what happens to the credits if any? 

B) The hard objects , parked planes and vehicles which are present at the main airbases of the enemy are valid targets irrespective of the protected area against vulching ?   

A: To finish mission as 'landed' you must end your mission at a player airfield that has an icon. It can be a closed field (icon + / through it) but it must have the icon. Player airfield icons show how many players are spawned there and how many attackers are nearby.

B: Ground objects are not protected against vulching, but I don't know why you are asking this question. Those objects are not part of an objective and will gain you nothing other than a few points, and if a stray bullet or bomb hits a player you will be kicked for vulching. Just stay away from player airfields, it's not difficult.

ALONZO

B : i see many times alerts over such player fields and cannot understand why the enemy is there , its happening all the time . I also noticed recently one player destroying over 30 parked planes in 1 mission and there was only 1 target airfield so obviously i thought maybe he was picking from main airfields as well ,  thats why i ask .

-SF-Disarray

You will see players over the spawn fields of the other team from time to time, yes. Most of the time I see this it is someone trying to work the edge of the exclusion zone and getting just a little bit too close and setting off the alarm. They are trying to catch people on their way out of the zone and want to hit them as early as possible, I guess. It is rare that I see someone actually over the airfield proper, though it still happens. Typically, this second category don't last long.

There is nothing in the rules that technically forbids this kind of stuff so you are going to see it from time to time. The upshot is if anyone takes it too far and shoots someone where they shouldn't, this person is shown the door. Shooting up planes on the ground at these fields is kind of the same thing: Not technically against the rules but an activity that caries a risk so significant as to make it confusing as to why anyone would do it; but as recent times have illustrated time and again just because it is a bad idea doesn't mean people won't do it.

37 minutes ago, -SF-Disarray said:

You will see players over the spawn fields of the other team from time to time, yes. Most of the time I see this it is someone trying to work the edge of the exclusion zone and getting just a little bit too close and setting off the alarm. They are trying to catch people on their way out of the zone and want to hit them as early as possible, I guess. It is rare that I see someone actually over the airfield proper, though it still happens. Typically, this second category don't last long.

There is nothing in the rules that technically forbids this kind of stuff so you are going to see it from time to time. The upshot is if anyone takes it too far and shoots someone where they shouldn't, this person is shown the door. Shooting up planes on the ground at these fields is kind of the same thing: Not technically against the rules but an activity that caries a risk so significant as to make it confusing as to why anyone would do it; but as recent times have illustrated time and again just because it is a bad idea doesn't mean people won't do it.

The other day someone bombed the spawn point of my airfield on the "Crossing the Rhine" mission. Don't think he killed anyone but it was a bit of a wakeup call when the dispersal area blew up.

I've noticed new names, might be ignorance of the rules. Like the guy who attacked the safe A/F I was at and strafed everything, indiscriminately it appeared. Luck was his only saving grace.

VA_SOLIDKREATE
1 hour ago, TWC_Target said:

I've noticed new names, might be ignorance of the rules. Like the guy who attacked the safe A/F I was at and strafed everything, indiscriminately it appeared. Luck was his only saving grace.

I think the AAA should be turned up to Expert.

-SF-Disarray

Isn't it already that high? I've noticed a lot of the AA guns have a hard time tracking planes that are moving very fast. They just don't give enough lead at all.

3 hours ago, VA_SOLIDKREATE said:

I think the AAA should be turned up to Expert.

1 hour ago, -SF-Disarray said:

Isn't it already that high? I've noticed a lot of the AA guns have a hard time tracking planes that are moving very fast. They just don't give enough lead at all.

Player airfield AAA has always been at the highest skill setting, unfortunately it's still fairly anemic, especially against fast late-war planes.

• Like 1