Han

Game version 3.012 discussion: Fw 190 D-9, Prokhorovka, M4A2, PzKpfw.III Ausf.M, Fokker D.VIIF

3 hours ago, Danziger said:

The level of detail on the D9 is pure freakin amazing!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Its a lot higher poly than the A series, enough so that I'd wish they go back and clean up the A series a bit. They are also using much better settings for the specular shader on the D9.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Yeah it makes me wish they would hi-fi the old planes this way. Check the tyre tread on the D9 vs the Il-2.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hi!

I bought bodenplatte a few weeks ago, standard, so no dora, I would like to buy it seperateley but it does not show up in the collector planes, how can I get it? I hope the only way isnt to buy bodenplate again with the bonus edition? Will the dora be soon amongs the collector planes?

3 minutes ago, Maty_fr said:

Hi!

I bought bodenplatte a few weeks ago, standard, so no dora, I would like to buy it seperateley but it does not show up in the collector planes, how can I get it? I hope the only way isnt to buy bodenplate again with the bonus edition? Will the dora be soon amongs the collector planes?

Umm... you sure because that’s quite impossible. We only sell Premium BOBP so far.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Maty_fr said:

Hi!

Go into the QMB and check to see if you can fly the Dora. You probably DO have the premium edition.

10 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

This tendency is modeled in DCS as well. I figure it would also be on the Anton series 190's but it must have something to do with the elongated fuselage and how the prop wash interacts with the new position of the rudder. 

The Jumo 213 gave the Dora more torque to play with.

It has nothing to do with the larger tail.

3 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

In real aviation, airplane flight manuals and the FAA calls it banking.

Assuming a stall speed of 50 knots in level flight, at 60 degrees angle of bank the stall speed will increase by the square root of the load factor +2 (√2), which is approx 1.4. This means that, at 60 degrees angle of bank, the stall speed is increased by 40% to 70 knots.

The FAA has their manuals and textbooks written for Jimmy Joystick who wants to fly with the least amount of shuffling numbers.

Physically, a bank won't increase the stall-speed, unless you want to keep altitude and load up the wing with g to make up for the tilted lift-vector.

You can fly your base-to-final turn with 90° of bank and never stall the airplane. Just make sure you start at enough altitude and won't bother losing a boatload of it during the turn.

Nice! Thanks devs! Can't wait to try all those nice and shiny things myself tonight!!

Gosh dang you guys are so quick with the fixes its unreal. Truly dedicated.

2 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

You guys all have right , stepper the bank - higher the G 

Radial 'g' is V Squared over R (square of the velocity divided by radius of the circle). Thus as you can see, the increase in velocity is a primarily cause of increased force while turning, something that will affect the 262 if it tries to follow an enemy fighter while it is flying at high speed.

2 hours ago, Danziger said:

Yeah it makes me wish they would hi-fi the old planes this way. Check the tyre tread on the D9 vs the Il-2.

They're upping the standard all the time.

I love it.  

• Upvote 1

Side by side comparsion of the Dora´s tire and the fw 190 A8s tire. They sure as hell upped their game.

357294318_D9vsA8tire.thumb.png.b34361392b41a5ec554a406139361729.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Psyrion said:

Side by side comparsion of the Dora´s tire and the fw 190 A8s tire. They sure as hell upped their game.

1547324254_bosruddercompare.thumb.png.ae8af932e1a522532b2d38cfe9edce1d.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

In real aviation, airplane flight manuals and the FAA calls it banking.

Assuming a stall speed of 50 knots in level flight, at 60 degrees angle of bank the stall speed will increase by the square root of the load factor +2 (√2), which is approx 1.4. This means that, at 60 degrees angle of bank, the stall speed is increased by 40% to 70 knots.

https://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/aerodynamics/why-does-aircraft-stall-speed-increase-with-bank-angle/

I know..

Just a question of how you understand "banking". English is not my natural langage so the mistake come from me. To me banking was meaning rolling the aircraft (to 60° bank for example) without turning (=pulling).

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Danziger said:

I certainly welcome progress, but at the same time I find it somewhat discomforting to have standards that are becoming so apart from one another (I'd almost say it's incoherent, especially when some earlier cockpits' artwork shows a lot more care and attention than many among more recent models, even "Collector's" stuff...).

How's Dora's cockpit?

@Han I understand it's comparable in size to Prokhorovka, so what level of detail/terrain mesh resolution is planned for the Arras sector map?

Edited by Picchio
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, KG_S_Big_Al_the_Allo said:

Thank you for the information!

Sounds realistic. Do you know why the thrust is at minimum 10%? I'd really like to know, I didn't find out anything about that.

Somewhat late response. The Dora has it's cutoff position at the 0% throttle mark. To make the engine start (and eventually idle) the throttle lever needs to be moved beyond a detent on the throttle panel that is situated at the 10% mark. If you moved your throttle back to 0 it would kill the engine, so the game automaticly limits your throttle range to the idle position once its running.

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Thanks 1

Finally I can fly DCS in Il2 Sturmovik  :)

From a short test some issues though:

- The Dora has e very low pitch engine sound in cockpit view. Like about 30% of a regular FW190  rpms-sound wise.

- I have some flickering on the Prokhorvka Map, namely woods and those white stone patches disappear and re-appear regularly.

- Its weird that every plane has its pilots "head" on a different spot in VR - I always have to adjust my head and re-center after a plane switch (for example, in the Dora it to the right of the seat and too narrow, on the Fokker it is way too far behind and angled to the right - it would be very convenient if all the planes would have the same correct spot).

Other than that it's great, especially the Dora Skins are a blast!

2 hours ago, Psyrion said:

357294318_D9vsA8tire.thumb.png.b34361392b41a5ec554a406139361729.png

Yep, also cockpit of the Dora seems to me much sharper and detailed and bullet holes too (but need to check this again)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JG4_Sputnik said:

- Its weird that every plane has its pilots "head" on a different spot in VR - I always have to adjust my head and re-center after a plane switch (for example, in the Dora it to the right of the seat and too narrow, on the Fokker it is way too far behind and angled to the right - it would be very convenient if all the planes would have the same correct spot).

Other than that it's great, especially the Dora Skins are a blast!

Hallo mein Freund,

move to the position you want the center at, then press Shift+F10 once. From now on, it will be the new center in this aircraft - always - even if you close and restart the game. 😀👍

P.S. 💖to the Devs for the Dora.

Excellent update, thank you very much to all involved, really appreciated.:drinks:

New map would make a good stand in for the FC crowd until the Arras map comes out me thinks.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

I had to show this from the Russian forum 😂 

racamacapho: biggrin:

viber image 2019-03-18, 20.20.13.jpg

• Haha 11

Maybe it´s been said already but it seems the landing gear lights dont go green....

/NIK

2 minutes ago, Danziger said:

It was at this point that Fritz realized the engineers may have under-estimated the tank gun's recoil a touch.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Hallo mein Freund,

move to the position you want the center at, then press Shift+F10 once. From now on, it will be the new center in this aircraft - always - even if you close and restart the game. 😀👍

Danke you, Sir!
Get yourself a cookie :)

D-9 throttle stuck on 10% after pulling back the throttle to 0 on my stick, others reported the same.

6 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

D-9 throttle stuck on 10% after pulling back the throttle to 0 on my stick, others reported the same.

It's not a bug; it's a feature.

Throttle pulled back completely = idle cut-off

Unless you want to stop your engine, the throttle isn't supposed to go all the way back.

There's a physical detent to prevent inadvertant engine shut-offs.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Yep, also cockpit of the Dora seems to me much sharper and detailed and bullet holes too (but need to check this again)

If the Dora is any indication we're in for a treat with the remaining aircraft

WHAT A NICE PRESENT FOR SPRING...... LIFE IS UNDENIABLY GOOD!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Picchio said:

I certainly welcome progress, but at the same time I find it somewhat discomforting to have standards that are becoming so apart from one another (I'd almost say it's incoherent, especially when some earlier cockpits' artwork shows a lot more care and attention than many among more recent models, even "Collector's" stuff...)

I am not sure which planes you are referring to. Which later planes do you think have lower standards compared to older models?

Also, i dont think you understand the collector plane model. They are not meant to be better than the rest, or have better textures/detail.

Posted (edited)

I find that the Aimer site moves all over the place  most times.Drifting side to side up down etc . Once in a while in a new game  it stays put .

Edited by pencon

19 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I am not sure which planes you are referring to. Which later planes do you think have lower standards compared to older models?

Also, i dont think you understand the collector plane model. They are not meant to be better than the rest, or have better textures/detail.

LaGG-3's cockpit had its own texture file for canopy reflections, for starters. I'd rather avoid going through more details here but there would be plenty to discuss, provided it were of any use. Nevermind Collector's planes models.

Kudos to the team if they're going for a higher standard for all of BoBP's aircraft.

One question guys, ¿why only new aircraft  (Bodenplatte) have new 3d pilot model? i you fly Dora the pilot is new, if you fly the G6 the pilot its old... any ideas?

Salute!

6 minutes ago, Muscat said:

One question guys, ¿why only new aircraft  (Bodenplatte) have new 3d pilot model? i you fly Dora the pilot is new, if you fly the G6 the pilot its old... any ideas?

Salute!

I imagine because it is a matter of a late war pilot's uniform, which is the new 3d model. They didn't make new versions of the earlier uniform variation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

i see, but i hope they update old models too, thanks for quick response buddy!

Salute!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Hallo mein Freund,

I load up 2D version of Il2, use the relevant keys to get my center cockpit view, which for me is a little forward than normal as I fly VR with 3DOF limit and then hit F10 to save.

Had to adjust a few crates and then went through all of them for my preferred forward position and Axis cockpits being centered not to the left aligned with the sight.  I seem to have ok ability in my limited 3DOF for sighting Axis off centered sights. Anyway - good to do and back up the planes when you do in case there is an overwrite with an update.  Shouldn't be but who knows.

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

It was at this point that Fritz realized the engineers may have under-estimated the tank gun's recoil a touch.

1 hour ago, Danziger said:

RedBull Rampage Tiger style🤣

Anyone other than me having a problem getting the Dora off the ground without ground looping. Some suggestions and help needed here.

Thanks,

BadBud

For me, it's just like any other Fw... keep the stick back (locks the tail wheel) , relax the pressure a little when you have picked up speed and then it rotates nicely, no dramas!

• Upvote 3