Han

Game version 3.012 discussion: Fw 190 D-9, Prokhorovka, M4A2, PzKpfw.III Ausf.M, Fokker D.VIIF

2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

The D-9 carries even more fuel than an A-8, so naturally it is going to be tail-heavy with full tanks. At 1/2 fuel capacity, it's a lot more stable. 

Thank you for the information!

Sounds realistic. Do you know why the thrust is at minimum 10%? I'd really like to know, I didn't find out anything about that.

Posted (edited)

Hello Devs,

i didnt had much time to test the new patch. The  map is beautiful but

what i noticed is the fantastic sound of the Jumo 213A and that of the Sherman!!

Incredible!

Thank you!

Edited by Yankee_One

i purchased Tank Crew more to help sales and thought after a couple of spins on QMB it would gather cob webs. Not so, it has sucked me in big time. Love the Sherman and am now really looking forward to the mobile mit der trakenthings shottendownderplanesthingies.

The D9 is pretty bloody impressive also.

The devs are OK

They make my day

Their updates come fast

And are always a Blast

As well as our praise

please give them a raise

And buy all the games offers

To boost their coffers

Then we can all say hooray

And continue to play

What more can I say

Thats all for today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

I made use of the Sherman's 50 Cal to destroy some trucks and cars and I must say that is the best AA weapon so far for the TC vehicles. No idea if the Germans will have any counterpart on any of the remaining tanks.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I gave it a try with this dreadful Xsolla and... this time it worked very well with my credit card through my Paypal account. Last time it did not work at all. So it seems that Xsolla did some corrections because the behavior of their system was completely different. So now I am the proud owner of the Tank Crew simulation.

We heard that the resolution of the map was x16 or so, and that new high resolution buildings were available. When looking at the terrain and some details yes you feel that there is some higher resolution but difficult to say if it is so much. I then went through some villages to check the buildings but to my surprise the buildings (door, windows and wall textures were just at the same resolution as we had before, which is pretty coarse when you are near to the building. Is there an issue or maybe there are some specific graphics parameters to set. I have to check.

Edited by IckyATLAS

Dear game developers, when will the new Soviet planes appear in the game? yak 3, yak 9, La7?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, KG_S_Big_Al_the_Allo said:

Thank you for the information!

Sounds realistic. Do you know why the thrust is at minimum 10%? I'd really like to know, I didn't find out anything about that.

If its anything like DCS then going below 10% is idle cut off and would stop the engine. You'll notice on the last bit of throttle track you have to nudge the throttle left to get over the hump. 

• Like 1

I don't know if it's the update or wings of liberty, but Axis vehicles are now impervious to gun and rocket damage.  Only direct hits with bombs will destroy them.  If the bomb hits even 10 meters next to the target, there's a chance of having no effect.

the Dora has some pretty nasty spin characteristic whn you pass the critical AoA. it was hilarious seing people spin in Berloga🤣.

anyway thanks dev for the update

Tried the new map with the new tanks. it was a bit disconcerting that the roofs of buildings change not only in texture but shape when you get to within 20 yards of them.

All Right ME 262!

Oh.

Well this is I own them all! This update may take me away from Coconuts campaign for awhile!

Could it be considered an option - even high-priced - to buy the Prokhorovka map without the full TC?  I have no intention of buying TC this side of 2020 but I will pay for the related map as a stand-alone.

I suspect that I am not alone in this.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Could it be considered an option - even high-priced - to buy the Prokhorovka map without the full TC?  I have no intention of buying TC this side of 2020 but I will pay for the related map as a stand-alone.

I doubt the devs would agree to this as it may compromise their business model but I'd gladly pay to purchase the individual maps  without the associated planes/tanks.

HH

4 hours ago, GiFFarD77_VR said:

Dear game developers, when will the new Soviet planes appear in the game? yak 3, yak 9, La7?

It won't be before completion of the 3 major projects that they have going at the moment, I'll tell you that.

Come back in 5 years and you might be pleasantly surprised!

Guys, I have a technical question but I don't know if could answer it here but here I go:

You said this new map is 16 times more detailed, right?, but then you said that the graphical requirements are higher, right? To my knowledge today already exist different LOD of details so the closer you are the more detail you see, because it's pointless to show and load the maximum detail if the user can't see it, are you using something like this in the engine?

Wow very nice update! I had some time to check it out and the Dora, the tanks and the new map look very promising. The 4K default skins on the D9 are a really nice touch!!

Unfortunately, i decided to update my stick and throttle's firmware on Sunday and the mappings were not ready for much action.

Listen to uncle Jade, kids. Don't update any firmware or drivers unless you absolutely have to (i.e. something is not working as expected). In particular Virpil's updates require a lot of tuning and it's not a "quick update and done!" type of update.

• Upvote 1

So I finally got to do some flying over the new map. I have to say I really like it. There are a few little issues with terrain shadows popping in and out but the textures, terrain, buildings, rivers and everything looks fantastic. Happy to have another Eastern Front map 😁

4 hours ago, GiFFarD77_VR said:

Battle of Seelow Heights :) 

The level of detail on the D9 is pure freakin amazing!

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, GiFFarD77_VR said:

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, KG_S_Big_Al_the_Allo said:

Fw 190 D9:
- The stabilizer is extremely tail-heavy trimmed and even at -100% only conditionally effective (not supposed to mean it would be uncontrollable, but it just tends to stretch its nose a little towards the sky).
- In horizontal flight the D9 has the tendency to drift to the left.
- The tail wheel (at least according to the game display) does not lock at 100km/H and even at landing at well over 200 km/h comes the warning that it is not locked.
- The Ata is depending upon height quite a change bellows.

may I add something to this:

• the REVI EZ42 gyro gunsight seems overly affected by minor weather system influences. Windage and turbulence (tested separately) even at 1 m/s make the reticle spin out of the Reflexglas (tested with ranging from 200 to 650 set for a 15m target)
  • above 50% remaining fuel in a flap-landing in a pattern (zero windage) at 220kph (landing flaps, gear down, variable power settings with zero to slight sink rates) in a left pattern (both roll and pure rudder) it sometimes suddenly keels over and falls out of the sky
  • even at almost full fuel the stabilizer seems to suddenly "kick in" and become effective if you trimmed while flying at -1 to -5 degs while adjusting the trim, while not kicking in at all in when adjusting the trim at level flight or nose up.. and then leveling the nose or flying at slight neg for a while
  • manual radflaps open at high speeds seemingly create airflow distortion only at random (only tested in QMB, all weather settings in average)

(this is not a very solid feedback first impression test... but all my lunchbreak was able to provide)

Edited by =RFBS=RogoRogo
typo(s)

Posted (edited)

The Dora is really awesome!
[edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
There are better ways to show you are happy. Poor taste.

Non tank crew owners should be able to fly over the map, right?

I'll probably buy it but not this month. :P

42 minutes ago, =RFBS=RogoRogo said:

above 50% remaining fuel in a flap-landing in a pattern (zero windage) at 220kph (landing flaps, gear down, variable power settings with zero to slight sink rates) in a left pattern (both roll and pure rudder) it sometimes suddenly keels over and falls out of the sky

Banking increases the stall speed, and with flaps and gear down there is lots of drag, so that does not look too bad actually, on the contrary should be expected, unless you are using quite a bit of power, or push the nose down a bit.

10 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Banking increases the stall speed

Turning increase stall speed (due to G factor, so stall speed increase anytime you pull your stick), not banking ;)

Now I see. I missed the particular square region on the map. As I fly mainly I went on runways and could not see that part of the map. On that square we have the high resolution stuff. And yes textures on the buildings are much better. The ground is also very nicely made. Excellent work devs.

Unfortunately the framerate seems to suffer. I am now since yesterday running on a completely new rig for work/gaming. I will do some performance testing shortly. 

at work....:mellow:...can't wait to try all this new toys...Amazing update...!!! :yahoo:

4 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Turning increase stall speed (due to G factor, so stall speed increase anytime you pull your stick), not banking ;)

In real aviation, airplane flight manuals and the FAA calls it banking.

Assuming a stall speed of 50 knots in level flight, at 60 degrees angle of bank the stall speed will increase by the square root of the load factor +2 (√2), which is approx 1.4. This means that, at 60 degrees angle of bank, the stall speed is increased by 40% to 70 knots.

https://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/aerodynamics/why-does-aircraft-stall-speed-increase-with-bank-angle/

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Things change and some things get finished sooner than others. This is why we don't like to comment too much on what is coming until it's imminent. Everything we do is subject to change.

Jason

Yes... the only constant is change. 🌝

12 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

I bought it as kind of an impulse buy, but boy is it growing on me. And with the new map... very, very nice. No question it's a full quality BOX product. You just know it's going to get better and better.

The bummer is that now with the new update the enemy can shoot the beer kegs off my KV-1, which they did.

Barbarians! :angry:

Beer? Beer!? Truly barbaric. 

Vodka comrad. VODKA!  😐

4 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

This isn't likely to happen. :salute:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

+1

They could integrate the map into the career mode for ground attack Fw 190, Hs 129 or Il-2s and turn it into a separate add on for those not interested in tanks. 

Edited by Cunctator

3 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

3 minutes ago, Cunctator said:

+1

They could integrate the map into the career mode for ground attack Fw 190, Hs 129 or Il-2s and turn it into a separate add on for those not interested in tanks. 

Why not just wait and till it is released and buy it when it's included in a sale?

That's what I'll probably do.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, w00dy said:

Why not just wait and till it is released and buy it when it's included in a sale?

That's what I'll probably do.

Why not sell it now for short-term revenue?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Banking increases the stall speed, and with flaps and gear down there is lots of drag, so that does not look too bad actually, on the contrary should be expected, unless you are using quite a bit of power, or push the nose down a bit.

well.. seems trying to formulate this to not be misunderstood.. made it being misunderstood.
aka.. I made sure I was prophanging in the turn, having no sinkrate or a controlled slight sinkrate.. and enough power to NOT stall (or - again - to prophang if I were to stall).. and still it keeled over suddenly.. and fell out of the sky while keeling.. aka.. it just dropped down.. even before and while keeling over.

so this might be a bug somewhere causing this (or not.. or something might need further tuning.. or not)... I cannot decide this.. but if anyone (not the quoted OP, not directed at anyone.. just a general expression) wants to "fansplain" it away instead of trying to adress potential issues.. be my guest.

Edited by =RFBS=RogoRogo
typo(s)

6 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Why not sell it now for short-term revenue?

Because I guess they don't want to split TC content and if you want the map, you buy TC.

7 hours ago, 216th_Peterla said:

I made use of the Sherman's 50 Cal to destroy some trucks and cars and I must say that is the best AA weapon so far for the TC vehicles. No idea if the Germans will have any counterpart on any of the remaining tanks.

I doubt it, kursk was before AA MG mounts on the commanders cupola became a common feature. The race for mounting it was introduced on the Panzer IV H, Panther A and Tiger E as I recall, so I suppose around the end of 43-early 44. 

• Upvote 1

Hotfix just released:

1. Dora: radiator flaps won't fluctuate with maximum amplitude in warm weather with in-game assist turned on.
2. Dora: active engine assist won't limit the throttle at altitudes higher than 6 km.
3. Dora is trimmed now. 

4. M4A2 and Pz.III-M damage models corrected.

5. Numerous minor changes in texts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 10

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

In real aviation, airplane flight manuals and the FAA calls it banking.

Assuming a stall speed of 50 knots in level flight, at 60 degrees angle of bank the stall speed will increase by the square root of the load factor +2 (√2), which is approx 1.4. This means that, at 60 degrees angle of bank, the stall speed is increased by 40% to 70 knots.

https://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/aerodynamics/why-does-aircraft-stall-speed-increase-with-bank-angle/

You guys all have right , stepper the bank - higher the G

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Like 1

Just now, Sneaksie said:

Hotfix just released:

1. Dora: radiator flaps won't fluctuate with maximum amplitude in warm weather with in-game assist turned on.
2. Dora: active engine assist won't limit the throttle at altitudes higher than 6 km.
3. Dora is trimmed now. 

4. M4A2 and Pz.III-M damage models corrected.

5. Numerous minor changes in texts.

Good job! :salute:

• Like 1