Han

Game version 3.012 discussion: Fw 190 D-9, Prokhorovka, M4A2, PzKpfw.III Ausf.M, Fokker D.VIIF

5 hours ago, SCG_PanzerPajamas said:

Sadly, this update has broken Tank Crew, or at least the new map. Instant CTD when starting a QM.

It seems that "Mods on" was my problem - not that I have any mods installed. Once unchecked and restarted, the game worked fine.

Recently got back into the IL2 series and really enjoying what y'all are doing here.  Please continue the good work. :)

D9 is amazing. Great cockpit. Wow!

19 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

It's to reflect the late-war equipment shortages the Luftwaffe faced - the D-9 on display here in the US was captured just like that - with missing ammo counters. It's the same reason why the Bf 109 K-4 doesn't have an ammo counter for its nose-mounted cannon.

The D9 on DCS has all its 4 counters intact though...

21 minutes ago, KG_S_Big_Al_the_Allo said:

Fw 190 D9:
- The stabilizer is extremely tail-heavy trimmed and even at -100% only conditionally effective (not supposed to mean it would be uncontrollable, but it just tends to stretch its nose a little towards the sky).

I noticed this too, it feels strange sometimes.  I noticed the plane has a big response to small pitch inputs in joystick. If you push a little to finetunning pitch when shooting, the plane heads down a lot and need 1-2 seconds to recover head to the initial desired point you think it would aim. A more exaggerated regular 190 behaviour. Maybe it was normal in this plane. Just a new toy received and this things feels strange to us, but worth to state just in case.

Other than that, learn to avoid the no advice stalls, and master the new gunsight are the next steps for me. Dora feels a very nice plane to fly. New gunsight size and position add a deeper and even more 3d feeling to cockpit.

Thanks devs, incredible job, congrats again!. Hours of joy ahead for all. :yahoo:

Gets a 'like' from Rap. I don't know about the new map stuff because I don't have TC. What I've got is by far good enough for me. Thanks all, another Christmas!!

3 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

What does the ATA guage say when your throttle is at minimum setting (i.e. when its showing 10%). Also is the throttle in-cockpit forward from idle by any visible amount, or is it all the way closed? Maybe just an issue with the throttle not using full range of motion in the Dora...

It's in idle showing 10% in techchat.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

30 minutes ago, SCG_PanzerPajamas said:

It seems that "Mods on" was my problem - not that I have any mods installed. Once unchecked and restarted, the game worked fine.

I was finally able to load the new map and with mods on but the fps rate is lower. Maybe I need to go mods off and see if it's better.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KG_S_Big_Al_the_Allo said:

A nice update, but a few things I noticed.

Fw 190 D9:
- The stabilizer is extremely tail-heavy trimmed and even at -100% only conditionally effective (not supposed to mean it would be uncontrollable, but it just tends to stretch its nose a little towards the sky).
- In horizontal flight the D9 has the tendency to drift to the left.
- The tail wheel (at least according to the game display) does not lock at 100km/H and even at landing at well over 200 km/h comes the warning that it is not locked.
- The Ata is depending upon height quite a change bellows.

This may sound bad now, but despite the curiosities it can be flown very nicely and the EZ 42 is great!

I noticed we can only achieve Emergency settings without MW-50 (1,7 ata) on the second stage of the supercharger. Basically without MW-50 you are stuck on combat power below 3000 meters

And when in the second stage when you activate boost you get 2,0 ata, instead of the 1.8 specified.

I have no idea if this correct or not, just seems a bit odd.

Also how does the Water radiator work?

I know it is auto but I can seem to be able to see what is the selected temperature

Edited by R6ckStar

9 minutes ago, R6ckStar said:

Also how does the Water radiator work?

I know it is auto but I can seem to be able to see what is the selected temperature

You change the temperature like you would in a plane with manual rads. You look at the water temp gauge as reference for the temp setting as the auto rads will always try to maintain that temp. Unless you've just changed the selected temperature, the temperature you've selected is what is indicated, if that makes any sense.

I have also noticed the nose up tendency in the Dora, but I went back to check the maximum negative trim in the A-8. They both seem to have the same maximum, so I suspect the Dora simply has a little too much power for the air frame, hence the nose up.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, =SqSq=Civilprotection said:

You change the temperature like you would in a plane with manual rads. You look at the water temp gauge as reference for the temp setting as the auto rads will always try to maintain that temp. Unless you've just changed the selected temperature, the temperature you've selected is what is indicated, if that makes any sense.

I have also noticed the nose up tendency in the Dora, but I went back to check the maximum negative trim in the A-8. They both seem to have the same maximum, so I suspect the Dora simply has a little too much power for the air frame, hence the nose up.

D-9 got different engine, longer nose and longer tail - so COG would be different then A-8. Still it looks strangly that at maximum nose down trim plane cant fly level flight. Other D-9 which we could try in sims got different COG settings - need only about 1 deg nose down to fly level.  Besided these D-9 in BOX handel very nice. Superb plane. 

Edited by 303_Kwiatek

45 minutes ago, SAS_Bombsaway said:

I was finally able to load the new map and with mods on but the fps rate is lower. Maybe I need to go mods off and see if it's better.

What mods do you have running?

OK I am not getting the Prokhorova map because I do not own Tank Crew. The reason why is that the process to pay and buy on the website is so shitty and buggy that I gave up. Maybe I can buy this map on Steam. There you can buy with a normal credit card quick and simple, like it was before on IL2 website.

Before deciding if going through hassles, phone calls explanations etc... for buying this new Tank map, I would like to know if all the planes I have which are all that exist can be flown on the Prokhorova map without any problem. Bombing the buildings attacking the Tanks, all this is as usual. I mean apart from the very high resolution and smaller map, do we have airfields, and can we use the planes as usual to.

If somebody could confirm this maybe I will go through the hassle of buying Tank Crew.

1 hour ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

What's the flying characteristic of Dora? Especially max level speed? 

I'm not at home for few days, so I can't try the new toy... :(

Smooth and sweet at speed but has that lovely low speed drop the left wing stall characteristic of the 190's.

Keep your speed up and Dora will dance nicely but no knife fighting Yaks with this bird.

Been having a blast testing her and AI in QMB seems to be quite astute.  Some of the 2 on 2 and 4 on 4 fighter engagements have been quite a dance requiring patience and quite a workout.  Not once did I see the constant circle flying that many complain about and against one Yak I hade them doing all sorts of maneuvers.  I hadn't though tested against Axis AI so that might be a different thing.  Maybe tomorrow but now I'm retiring.👍

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Thad said:

What mods do you have running?

The better grass I think is the one that may have caused the slow down. The map is supposed to be of higher detail than others so that may be why.

Edited by SAS_Bombsaway
  • Upvote 1

Noooooooooo, once again too many new toys at once. My 72 year old brain is overtaxed just on deciding what to try first. So pleaseeeeee devs no more game updates this year otherwise I may have to boycott your game.

Additionally you have upset my wife. I finally relented and said we could go for a drive in the country today. Then I wake up to this update and there was no gentle way to break the news. I had to be brutal and told her there was no way I was going anywhere today or even tomorrow.

Once again you bloody devs are causing family problems with these constant updates.

A Nonny Mouse

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

OK I am not getting the Prokhorova map because I do not own Tank Crew. The reason why is that the process to pay and buy on the website is so shitty and buggy that I gave up. Maybe I can buy this map on Steam. There you can buy with a normal credit card quick and simple, like it was before on IL2 website.

Before deciding if going through hassles, phone calls explanations etc... for buying this new Tank map, I would like to know if all the planes I have which are all that exist can be flown on the Prokhorova map without any problem. Bombing the buildings attacking the Tanks, all this is as usual. I mean apart from the very high resolution and smaller map, do we have airfields, and can we use the planes as usual to.

If somebody could confirm this maybe I will go through the hassle of buying Tank Crew.

I think we can fly it for free in MP.

Posted (edited)

However,

Besides my previous post above, I think the whole team are bloody unbelievable with the speed this game has been constantly updated. You deserve to make squillions out of this.

Edited by pilotpierre
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

After immolating a few now-immolatable houses up close and personal in a Tiger, I couldn't get that scene from "A Bridge Too Far" out of my head, where Maximilian Schell says:

"Flatten Arnhem!"

It's so nasty. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I always like seeing things finished that mean the team can move on to what I really want.  (HINT: Starts with a P and ends with a 38.)

• Like 1

Absolutely great patch. I especially love the new map and the Dora. You quys are amazing!

Well that's my allied career over! Bye bye Spity hello Dora.

• Upvote 1

We pilots are a unfaithful fickle bunch. 😀

• Haha 1

Are there any AI Tigers in any QMB missions?

Oh boy. Oh boyoboyoboy!

But what really feels liberating now is running over the cart. The unshiftable cart was really oppressive!

😅

57 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

After immolating a few now-immolatable houses up close and personal in a Tiger, I couldn't get that scene from "A Bridge Too Far" out of my head, where Maximilian Schell says:

"Flatten Arnhem!"

It's so nasty. :rolleyes:

This is the first time someone tempted me to go buy Tank Crew....now saving for it!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

This is the first time someone tempted me to go buy Tank Crew....now saving for it!

I bought it as kind of an impulse buy, but boy is it growing on me. And with the new map... very, very nice. No question it's a full quality BOX product. You just know it's going to get better and better.

The bummer is that now with the new update the enemy can shoot the beer kegs off my KV-1, which they did.

Barbarians! :angry:

• Like 2

Just in time for spring break! Now I just need to get windows 10 back on my SSD, and hook up my HOTAS to my desktop. :dance:

54 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Are there any AI Tigers in any QMB missions?

I don't think so. There is no AI tiger available in the editor. 😐

Posted (edited)

Dora :it butchers P-47's & then chews 'em up and spits'em out!

( I wonder how you say that im Deutsche?)

Edited by Blitzen
added info
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Beauty!  :cool:

Two planes, two tanks, and a map... and only 1.5GB? That's some optimal optimization.

Yep and yet when for honour gets some minor bug fixes it's 20GB. I've always suspected major game companies and console makers are in cahoots with internet suppliers.

Edited by Tycoon

10 minutes ago, Thad said:

I don't think so. There is no AI tiger available in the editor. 😐

There is in mine.

Ooooooo whats this?

Link dont work though...

6. UDP output API for moving platform simulators was added, details are in attached document;

Il2_MotionOutput.zip

6 hours ago, KG_S_Big_Al_the_Allo said:

The stabilizer is extremely tail-heavy trimmed and even at -100% only conditionally effective (not supposed to mean it would be uncontrollable, but it just tends to stretch its nose a little towards the sky).

The D-9 carries even more fuel than an A-8, so naturally it is going to be tail-heavy with full tanks. At 1/2 fuel capacity, it's a lot more stable. 

• Upvote 1

Wow!

Thanks, Guys!

Been waiting for the Dora!

Still chomping at the bit for the P-38 and the ME262....

Oh well... You guys are human, after all.... Right?

I mean..... naaaa

Of course....

Seriously, this is the best game/sim of its type.

Come to think of it, I think it's the ONLY one like it, really.....

Keep up the good work, guys!

• Like 1

Its hard to keep up with my 2 sims IL-2 and DCS... I was not expecting this update i got off work did some stuff around the house worked on my Mustang cleaned the garage and i jumped on my PC i always check IL-2 and i could not believe my eyes like what an update? what update with planes great. I flew them their very nice and detailed. Fokker D.VIIF is very easy to fly and handle. I like the attention to detail very high end plane i like the smoke it blows and the wheels how they bounce nicely done. As for the 190 D-9 Dora its another very highly detailed plane and its very easy to land I landed perfect on my first try thats very rare for me to do lol again the detail is top notch like the way the suspension works and my favorite part of the plane would be the bubble glass very nice thank you guys again you guys are the best i will always perchance from you guys no question you guys are on a roll. 

Posted (edited)

OH! Boy OH! Boy... You guys and or Gals Dev Team Are great!!!!!                    

Pugs allowed Here

Edited by Magnum11
Spelling

8 hours ago, NickM said:

My Dora really wants to roll to the left unless it's at very low throttle - is there some trim function I'm missing? 

This tendency is modeled in DCS as well. I figure it would also be on the Anton series 190's but it must have something to do with the elongated fuselage and how the prop wash interacts with the new position of the rudder. 

All you have to do is hold your right rudder down a bit. Most German planes never had rudder trims.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

S!

Oooh, Dora is nice! Thanks for the update :)

6. UDP output API for moving platform simulators was added, details are in attached document;

Il2_MotionOutput.zip

2 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

Ooooooo whats this?

Link dont work though...

@Han:

Yep, link doesn't work:

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

As a server admin, this was the most interesting bit... gimme gimme!

Edited by LLv34_Untamo