Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

49 minutes ago, Sire said:

aha  ..... Problem fixed  ( about play ppl / not paid champaigns  ) 

go to game/bin/editor    .... and then STEditor.exe  ....tools / resave all missions in folder  ( the butcher ) 😁

This worked for me too, I simply opened Mission Editor, went to "Tools" and re-saved all the missions, it took a long time, maybe five minutes to complete.... but all my Downloaded missions (mainly Jade_Monkeys single mission pack) now all work again. They did not work after the update. I don't know why, I'm not very technical. In fact I'm not even sure what I have actually done.... but it works! :)

Thanks for the information Sire :)

• Like 1

@Jason_Williams with all due respect what is the point of having an "official 1c normal" server that crashes because it was overloaded by all the people that were excited to try the new patch that will not get reset because it is actually run by a non official group of people that are un-contactable and really do not run it very well. 

Please dont call it/or let them call it official if it is not.

I think for the future of consistency for the mp side of things  you may need to consider getting some robust "official" servers. I know you are a small team but it is a real big let down that these servers go down all the time and can take a mater of days sometimes to come back online. 

I think moving forward you will need some solid official basic servers that can always be relied on because letting the community look after it does not really cut it even though when they are working they may be better.

Sorry to complain I just was looking forward to the patch and now I will have to wait another day or two until they sort it out.

Thanks keep up the good work

Edited by AeroAce

2 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

@Jason_Williams with all due respect what is the point of having an "official 1c normal" server that crashes because it was overloaded by all the people that were excited to try the new patch that will not get reset because it is actually run by a non official group of people that are un-contactable and really do not run it very well. 

Please dont call it/or let them call it official if it is not.

I think for the future of consistency for the mp side of things  you may need to consider getting some robust "official" servers. I know you are a small team but it is a real big let down that these servers go down all the time and can take a mater of days sometimes to come back online. 

Sorry to complain I just was looking forward to the patch and now I will have to wait another day or two until they sort it out.

Thanks keep up the good work

Is it not possible to rent server capacity from a 3rd party? That's how it was done usually for most games I used to play. You'd rent the actual server, and set it up yourself.

I bought FC and TC and 3 copies of BoS Premium (on sale - thank you!) to give as gifts.  

What are the new TC key commands.  I used the old tank key commands to get to the driver and gunner positions and tank sight and I can run the vehicle around but I cannot get any weapon to fire with either mouse or mouse pad button nor any key or joystick.  What default key settings work with TC?

20 minutes ago, 3.IAP_Vasilij said:

Agree, But I have a question. I shooted all the ammo into the triplane and he was still flying. They seems to be quite indestructible, right?

But its fun and with proper map to soak the atmosphere, FC will be top to fly !!!

Vasilij,

I shot against the Spads and I could brought them down.

I will try against the Fokker later on.

4 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Is it not possible to rent server capacity from a 3rd party? That's how it was done usually for most games I used to play. You'd rent the actual server, and set it up yourself.

I guess so but I dont think they do that. They have given them to community members that are not reliable. If you rented it from an actual company Im guessing that they would reset them quickly if it went down instead of the long wait we have atm.

In this day and age I truly believe going forward they need some robust official servers instead of leaving it all to the community.

Edited by AeroAce

1 minute ago, AeroAce said:

I guess so but I dont think they do that. They have given them to community members that are not reliable. If you rented it from an actual company Im guessing that they would reset them quickly if it went down instead of the long wait we have atm.

No I understand that the current "official" server is some dude with an old computer at home, just saying 1c could rent servers from a company that provides such things and not have to worry about getting the hardware themselves, and get some real Official servers going.

Edited by JonRedcorn

4 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

No I understand that the current "official" server is some dude with an old computer at home, just saying 1c could rent servers from a company that provides such things and not have to worry about getting the hardware themselves, and get some real Official servers going.

Yes that is what I hope they do. I understand that they be not as good as some of the community ones but at least you will always know you will be able to get an ok server of your taste. Any game with this kinda of ambitions needs that tbh. This is not 2001 where you can leave it all the community, any game worth its salt will have at least a couple of robust servers but let me stop there, i think I have made my point.

Edited by AeroAce

Bug report:

Dont know, if this was already present before this update, but now, when you have unarmed bombs in P39, technochat says armed and vice versa!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Hot_Dog said:

Bug report:

Dont know, if this was already present before this update, but now, when you have unarmed bombs in P39, technochat says armed and vice versa!

Please create a real bug report in the bugs section.

3 hours ago, eRoN said:

Is it normal behaviour for the DR1 to just want to pull up vertical all the time? Thing is mad uncontrollable. SPAD is fine.

Welcome to rotary engine planes!

You may want to configure a blip switch button ;)

12 minutes ago, Bidu said:

What is a "blip switch" button?

So....how is Tank Crew? I was planning on picking it up today but I had to lay down $2400 on PC parts after my rig s$%t the bed.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TP_Sparky said:

I bought FC and TC and 3 copies of BoS Premium (on sale - thank you!) to give as gifts.  

What are the new TC key commands.  I used the old tank key commands to get to the driver and gunner positions and tank sight and I can run the vehicle around but I cannot get any weapon to fire with either mouse or mouse pad button nor any key or joystick.  What default key settings work with TC?

My preliminary tank observations. Visually outstanding models. 

Mouse moves the turret and ones head from the hatches. 
LCtrl+C moves one from crew position to position. 
RAlt+C moves one from each crew position to the crew positions open hatch position. 
[E] key still starts and stops the engine. 
[T] key still takes control of the turret.  
Left Shift+T takes one to the Cannon Sight. /MG? from MG position? NOTE: one can fire the cannon and the machine gun without changing ammo type. 
Mouse wheel is used for Zoom. 
Left mouse button fires Cannon.  
Right mouse button fires Machine Gun. 
Cursor Keys used to drive the tank. 

Edited by Thad

7 minutes ago, DetCord12B said:

So....how is Tank Crew? I was planning on picking it up today but I had to lay down $2400 on PC parts after my rig s$%t the bed.

I'd say no need to rush. Give it some time. It needs to go a long way yet.

10 minutes ago, DetCord12B said:

Just checked YouTube - 3 videos posted so far - ones 20min long - going to check them now...

Tanks are not my thing, WWI flying is my thing.  So when testing I was stunned at how much fun I was having in the tanks!  It is just the two new tanks right now but you will get others as they roll them out if you buy now (also $10 off)

• Like 1

Well... This wasn't expected... At all.

All my money had gone to a new guitar at the start of the month 😕

Will be fun to see Flying Circus only servers, hope to see the S.E.5a at some point too.

TANKS!!............TANKS A LOT!!!!😁

t5.gif

Purchased TC....Going to have to reload PayPal to get FC1

Checked the A8 in QMB - nice so far, but... it's difficult to get a shot not resulting in debris collision... How ridiculous it will be in the 262, then?

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Don't call it a port please. Completely re-mastered planes except for the FM which was not necessary.

Jason

I'll drink a glass of Re-Mastered wine to that! 😁

So I just bought the game! Thanks for allowing us the Early Access. I didn't get a promo code because I bought ROF only in June or July 2013. No worries about that. I know you need some compensation for the oh so many hours of great fun you have given me (even if only since mid-2013 😂).

I flew a bit both the Spad and the Triplane. The game is much more demanding than ROF, I find. I confess I hardly ever play the IL2 series, because my modest setup of I7 2.67 Ghz, 2 x Radeon 5700 (Crossfire) can barely run with medium options. Today I ran it with all options at minimum - to try and avoid the plague of stutters. It was indeed possible to forget the stutters for a while, and I had some fun flying the old birds, although they would become more recurrent upon reaching more complex areas, like a village, and spoiled my fun a bit. 

The plane interiors look nice. I can't really judge how fantastic things look, it's all at minimum. Looking around didn't produce the fuzzy effect I had seen before in IL2, I really like it better this way, much more natural. I wonder if there is work to be done concerning the damage model...? Looked pretty much like ROF to me. Crashed the DR1: two cracks jagged on the fuselage, which was slightly arched. The ideal (just mentioning) would be to get the twisted metal amalgamate we see on WW1 pics whenever you fly your plane at high speed and straight into the ground. Burning bits would be nice, also. Ok, no more of this. Also noticed the sound being a bit strange, with a few interruptions. The fight itself was more interesting than against ROF AI's. However I was surprised I could take my SPAD in a sustained turn behind the DR1 for a while and stay there practicing my aim. Finally, my experience ended with the error "Failed to open texture 'GRAPHICS\TEXTURES\PARTICLES\TRACEPLANEBODY_SU.dds' DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (0x887a0005). Maybe I was fiddling too much back and forth from game to Desktop.

I'm waiting anxiously for new developments! 

24 minutes ago, 4driano said:

What is a "blip switch" button?

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26336

🙂

Edited by Bidu
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bidu said:

Dang I had forgot all about the blip switch.

Thanks devs and Jason! I haven't updated in over 6 months, just been burned out on games in general, but updated and did some flying/testing today and it's just as incredible as the day I first purchased RoF back in '09. The 109G14 really amazed me and the 190A8 is pretty outstanding! Amazing work guys, truly awesome! Hopefully by the time the P38 or P47 are released I'll get back into gaming/simming - but absolutely truly amazing work!

Wow! Only a couple weeks ago if memory serves me well, we were discussing how cool it would be to have a tank option in a QMB - with somewhat reserved hopes this would ever materialize. However, here it is - the first thing I noticed. :) 

Thanks to the crew, you are doing a great job!

1 hour ago, Bidu said:

I'll drink a glass of Re-Mastered wine to that! 😁

🙂

You mean, like , ahem, a bottle of "Port"?   ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thad said:

My preliminary tank observations. Visually outstanding models. 

Mouse moves the turret and ones head from the hatches. 
LCtrl+C moves one from crew position to position. 
RAlt+C moves one from each crew position to the crew positions open hatch position. 
[E] key still starts and stops the engine. 
[T] key still takes control of the turret.  
Left Shift+T takes one to the Cannon Sight. /MG? from MG position? NOTE: one can fire the cannon and the machine gun without changing ammo type. 
Mouse wheel is used for Zoom. 
Left mouse button fires Cannon.  
Right mouse button fires Machine Gun. 
Cursor Keys used to drive the tank. 

Those are the old commands too.  My tank won't fire any of the weapons.  Gunsight, yes, switch ammo, yes, fire, nope.  Enemies have no such qualms and they toast my tank as I try to roll over their gun (what else am I going to do if my weapons won't fire?)

Please any way to open the hatches without actually turning up? (RALT+C) (if not possible right now can be a nice addition con move the "body" up and down with page up+page down and left the hatch opened until you decide to close it) 

Also any way to not auto reload? 

Looking very nice and happy with the AT guns (with infantry) there. Hope someday can have 3D crews for the tanks like in the planes 😉

Thanks!

Great job with the FC a/c.  I only had time for a couple quick battles of SPAD v. Dr.1.  In the first my boom and zoom SPAD downed the Dr.1 without too much trouble but the next battle had a Dr.1 pilot with mad skills.  We each stuck to what our a/c did well and each put a few bullets through the fabric but neither could down the other.  I wasn't expecting that.  Good job, FC crew.    

Now for multi-player, Flying Circus-type mob action, player-created skins...

Ok, here is some bugs I found...

1. I linked my accounts on steam and YET, it has me linking Every, Single, TIME!!!
  2. In QMB, I can enter tanks just fine, but when I try to go to aircraft, the game crashes! No warning, just crashes!!!
  3. Even in the Tanks, the gunsight is hoping from side to side, NON-STOP!! It's disorientating and annoying.
  4. Also in tanks, when I move the gunsight even the slightest bit left, and hit re-center, it goes and does a 360 degree turn!
  5. gunboat in the stalingrad map beaches itself... 

Not that I don't have faith in the Dev team, but until I can have my good, FUNCTIONING, flight sim back, I will not, shall not, play.

Please fix if you want good faith from your customers.

Sincerly,

KG5

1 minute ago, 5./StG1_KG5 said:

Ok, here is some bugs I found...

...In QMB, I can enter tanks just fine, but when I try to go to aircraft, the game crashes! No warning, just crashes!!!

...Even in the Tanks, the gunsight is hoping from side to side, NON-STOP!! It's disorientating and annoying.

...Also in tanks, when I move the gunsight even the slightest bit left, and hit re-center, it goes and does a 360 degree turn!

Not that I don't have faith in the Dev team, but until I can have my good, FUNCTIONING, flight sim back, I will not, shall not, play.

Please fix if you want good faith from your customers.

Sincerly,

KG5

You might need to reload or look at your end.  I don't experience any of these problems but I'm not on Steam.  My tank won't fire but I can go from Tank Crew Tiger to Flying Circus a/c to BoX a/c faultlessly.  IIRC, I took the SPAD off from the Kuban map too.  I want to fly it through the mountains.  If there's realistic downdraft on the leeward side of mountain slopes it may be interesting.

Just now, 19//Rekt said:

Maybe you somehow deleted your gun settings? In the Weapons section at the bottom there is a place to assign firing the main and secondary turret guns. Mine work with the mouse buttons no prob.

Great idea.  I'll try that tomorrow.

Just now, 19//Rekt said:

One other thing to look at is make sure that there is not some other command conflicting with the assignment. I had "freelook" assigned to my right mouse button and it did crazy stuff when I tried to fire my coax machine gun 😅

Good luck!

Before I tried IL2 I tried DCS and it assigned throttle to throttle quadrant, joystick, and rudder pedals.  I wondered why I had to hold full right rudder for takeoff power and centering the rudder brought the throttle to idle.  It was that way for every major control axis!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TP_Sparky said:

Those are the old commands too.  My tank won't fire any of the weapons.  Gunsight, yes, switch ammo, yes, fire, nope.  Enemies have no such qualms and they toast my tank as I try to roll over their gun (what else am I going to do if my weapons won't fire?)

From the Gunner position... did you press T to take control of the turret and then Left Shift + T to move to the gunsight?

Everything is working on my new Tiger. Sorry to hear that you are having control problems. 😐

Edited by Thad
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Thad said:

From the Gunner position... did you press T to take control of the turret and then Left Shift + T to move to the gunsight?

Everything is working on my new Tiger. Sorry to hear that you are having control problems. 😐

Thanks for the advice and help.  Yes.  I get to the gunsight fine.  I can switch ammo types.  I have a mousepad with two buttons and a wireless mouse with buttons.  No luck with any keys so far.  I'll look at the turret commands in the settings as suggested by  19//Rekt tomorrow. 

Darn... I can use my joystick  triggers or the mouse buttons to fire the cannons and machine guns. 😮

Odd, I don't have use of the switch ammo type.. but I have noticed I can fire the Main Cannon and use another key or button to fire the Machine Guns from the gunsight.

Good luck. I'm sure you will figure the keymapping out. It is working on my end. :salute:

• Upvote 1

Such great news. I wasn't expecting a RoF customer discount, that's a nice touch! 

Thanks heaps!💪

Got TC and love it. Will you be able to control tank troops in a big battle?

I can now setup a df mission against a fokker, finally something to kill with me Henschel!

@Sire @MDS1 - Hey - thanks for the mission editor Tools tip - cranky missions now all good..:cool: