Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

Just had a quick look. The Dr.1 over the mountains was glorious. I can't wait to put in some VR time later today.

Absolutely awesome!!

👍

A heck of an update, roll on the weekend when I'll have the time to have a good play with it! :D

Sent these tank crew Qs to the proper forum thx

P.S. I still cannot play il2 BOS unless a tinitus function for sound has been added like DCS and war thunder have? Hoping the tank simulator will be more friendly to my ears. :)

P.S. I tried to reply in the original posts link for replies and questions. But it has been closed it seems.

Edited by [KG]Destaex

Is there any way we can start a new sub-forum section for Flying circus and another for Tank Crew?  

Its getting kinda crowded 🤯

also, are there any flight characteristics changed in the spad and Fokker from RoF to Flying circus?

i felt right at home in these kites :)

once again...  thank you devs!!!!!!!!!     

"Other Improvements

In addition to FC and TC Early Access we have spent some time working on minor improvements to ground AI, bullet damage calculations, and of course, many other small enhancements, fixes and changes, which are too many to list in this post."

Jason,

Could we please have some details of these other changes at some point please? Bullet damage is a very important and much discussed part of this sim. 

Regards

10 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

Is there any way we can start a new sub-forum section for Flying circus and another for Tank Crew?  

Its getting kinda crowded 🤯

also, are there any flight characteristics changed in the spad and Fokker from RoF to Flying circus?

i felt right at home in these kites :)

once again...  thank you devs!!!!!!!!!     

That already exists, they made one recently.

7 minutes ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

Are some of the patch notes missing?

Yes, Jason stated in earlier post that he missed some things, most notable the new single missions for each map.

I'm going to ask my wife if I can buy both, this should be interesting.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lysus said:

I'm going to ask my wife if I can buy both, this should be interesting.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, [TWB]finoogles said:

Hopefully someone makes a Post about the tank controls cause I have no ideal how to use them lol. 

I've posted what I have discoverer 'twice' already in this forum. Check page 5 or 6. :salute:

TC was fun, tried all the tanks. Sat or moved ahead a bit and plinked things off, I love seeing the round richot off into the target :). Boy those German tanks have a real fast reload!

Tried the Fokker and Spad, decided a little Spit IXe action against them, they quickly fall apart which wasn't so good as some pieces took my prop off lol.

The A8 is a bit of a beast too, we're really getting spoiled with these toys :).

I wonder if we'll ever have sea battles? Flower Class Corvette and convoy vs Uboat (probably not).

Thanks Jason and Devs'!

1 minute ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

I've purchased both (non-steam) but how do I download and install them?

It's accessed with the same EXE file you've always used.

Silly me... I was looking for a separate two game log-ins. Got it now... off to check them out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Space_Ghost said:

It's only realistic if you unplug the mouse quite a bit of the time.

The magical consistently-unjammable-bullets and the mystical ever-oiled receiver were a little less prevalent than sims make them out to be.

So far no permanent jams in FC which is like RoF, but misfires can happen and need clearing with the "reload" button, again like RoF. But it took nearly all the ammunition of a Dr1 firing continuously before it happened to one gun in my case.  Based on a small period of play it is impossible to say how often it will happen.  Presumably it is a random/ semi-random event. 

Just now, unreasonable said:

Presumably it is a random/ semi-random event. 

Yes, it's a random chance that is dependent on the plane type (e.g., in ROF the early Spad 7 is more prone to misfires, due to the less-reliable ammo feed system).

• Thanks 1

Awesome, 2 more brand new toys!  Thanks Jason, Han, and the whole bunch in Russia (welcome aboard & nice work DigitalForms!).

Not gonna get much of anything done on my projects this weekend, from the look of things.  :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Milopapa said:

I'd say no need to rush. Give it some time. It needs to go a long way yet.

I was just hoping to hop into the turret of a KV and Tiger but this PC issue and the $2K+ I had to shell out set me back in a year where contract gigs are in short supply as of now. Oh well, I just hold off and wait then.

Though I'd appreciate it if you or someone else would be kind enough to use unGTP, open the tanks skins folder, drag them out and send them to me. I was planning on making some templates.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, angus26 said:

That already exists, they made one recently.

Oh lol found it thanks!  It’s buried at the bottom of the home screen :(

3 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

Oh lol found it thanks!  It’s buried at the bottom of the home screen :(

Yeah I didn’t see it at first, but I did see it later. Seeing as how they’re in the IL-2 “family” but not nessesarily WW2 aviation, I figured it makes sense.

I saw some shared videos of FC,the hitting sounds like punch at metal , the same with BOX,where is the hitting sounds of canvas?

I'm starting to think people really don't understand what Early Access WIP means...

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Takuya_liang said:

I saw some shared videos of FC,the hitting sounds like punch at metal , the same with BOX,where is the hitting sounds of canvas?

Much like all IL-2 titles it's Early Access. Give them some time, they'll fix it. 

These are some of the best devs in the industry.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else noticed that Engine Selection at UI is missing ?

30 minutes ago, Godspeed said:

Anyone else noticed that Engine Selection at UI is missing ?

No it’s there controls. 

Nice, but the promo code thing is a bit of a bummer for me. I bought all RoF flight content, including everything from planes to maps and all extras but I discovered the game after 1.1.2013, so no promo code for me. Nothing. :(

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, RAFCIO13 said:

Skin bug with Spitfire Mk IX from 302 SQ used by WO Dygala  is still not removed (wrong letters is XW not WX). I am very disappointed.

IMG_6204.jpg

89ab51b10c718587298bf9f7ccdc2b42.jpg

This is a Spoit mk IX C in the game it is a mk IX E not the same wing, engine, Under the nose filter, guns, radio and other details...

Flying Circus...   I have been waiting for this.   Keep your discounts.   

Ceowulf<><   

• Upvote 1

On an OS holiday at the moment, so it's kind of a triple edged sword in that I'm having fun being away but that means I won't be able to fly the A/F8 or the just purchased FC content for another three weeks, but the third edge is that by then the rest of you should have ironed out all the kinks.

Until I get back I guess things like this will just have to do.....

2139040766_swissBf109.thumb.jpg.7baef24f30b633f2402a2edcea0776fb.jpg

Thanks for the the RoF discount code, purchase of TC will have to wait until I get back home as I still need some spending money while I'm away.

Edited by spudkopf

1 hour ago, Aufpassen said:

Nice, but the promo code thing is a bit of a bummer for me. I bought all RoF flight content, including everything from planes to maps and all extras but I discovered the game after 1.1.2013, so no promo code for me. Nothing. :(

Write to support

Thank you!

Preordered  TANK Crew. Great update!

Downloading now and waiting to step inside a steel monster😊

As a player I must say that the quick arrival of new content is really amazing.

As a server operator, I must say that the progress on the "bug hunting" end is rather disappointing though.

Especially when it comes to things that have worked before and got broken with a certain update, it's rather disappointing to see update after update following thereafter, and the broken things just remain unfixed and untouched.

For instance, Patch 3.0 introduced an excessive CPU usage of DServer.exe as soon as you have AI bombers on your dogfight mission, even more so when they fly in formation.

This was not the case on Patch 2.012d. It got reported instantly but is unsolved to the date.

Another example, Patch 3.0 changed the way payload limitations worked in conjunction with Server settings. Patch 3.001 reversed that change again, but this time it broke the ability to prohibit the "default" payload for planes. For instance, in 2.012d you could enforce certain bomb payloads on bombers and fighters, since 3.001 you can't anymore.

Reported immediately after 3.001 came out, still unresolved to the date.

As much as I understand the commercial aspect of having to keep the ball rolling with new content that attracts new players, as much I get a feeling that the quality control and bug fixing in particular are somewhat falling behind.

All of this should not say that this isn't a great game. It definitely is, it has great potential and it's the future of the WW1/WW2 CFS genre, no doubt about that.

Cheers!

Mike

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, senseispcc said:

This is a Spoit mk IX C in the game it is a mk IX E not the same wing, engine, Under the nose filter, guns, radio and other details...

I know that is mk IXc not mk IXe, but this skin has used by devs as a skin for mk IXe. You can check out it in the game. Problem is with markings in the game on the left side. There are XW not WX. On the right side is correct.

• Upvote 1

Okay I must admit, on 2nd glance the newly introduced DServer bug that keeps crashing our Server isn't all that funny, see report here:

That's a real show stopper this time.

wow thanks! didn't see that coming :)
Any repots yet of people playing Tank Crew in VR? Does it work ok?

Looking foward to come back testing to see if some of the bugs are solved. 

I think is allways nice to have the complete list of fixes or changes for us.

Edited by E69_geramos109

Hello everyone. I have just purchased Flying Circus. I do not own any other IL2 product. Can someone instruct me how to download and install Flying Circus. I am unable to find any links to download it. Do I need first to download BOS and if so can I do this without buying BOS?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jasta5J5_Sturm said:

Hello everyone. I have just purchased Flying Circus. I do not own any other IL2 product. Can someone instruct me how to download and install Flying Circus. I am unable to find any links to download it. Do I need first to download BOS and if so can I do this without buying BOS?

At the moment FC doesn't have its own map etc so it exists as an add-on to IL-2 Stalingrad. You'll need that installed first then FC will install too and you can play it. Additional content (planes, maps etc) will be released shortly.