Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

7 minutes ago, sonicapollo said:

I read that. How do you know this only a boost increase? Is it in the airplane's description? That is why I said I haven't read what the game interface says and that the behavior is consistent with da boost. :)

🤨

fW 190 boost.jpg

31 minutes ago, fubar_2_niner said:

Hi Thad;

I have my key mapping setup for flying. I use TIR and a TM warthog hotas for my controls. Most of my default keys have been changed or altered so here is my question.

a) What is the default mapping for the mouse to control the turret? I have fire modes but cannot turn or elevate the gun !

b) Is it possible to save the input files as it was in ROF, so I can change between files without having to re write all my mapping.

Thanks for any help.

fubar

(a) I am not currently using TIR... it may be interfering.  Mouse control of the turret is the default to the best of my knowledge. Although, I use JoyToKey to allow my joystick to control the turret.

Did you Press [T] to take control of the turret and then Shift+T to get to the gunsight?

(b) Yes, it is. I have a saved Tank 'input' file and a saved Aircraft 'input' file. In such a case, one has to swap out the input files based upon what one wants to control. Clunky but it works.

Edited by Thad
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Thad said:

(a) I am not currently using TIR... it may be interfering.  Mouse control of the turret is the default to the best of my knowledge. Although, I use JoyToKey to allow my joystick to control the turret.

Did you Press [T] to take control of the turret and then Shift+T to get to the gunsight?

(b) Yes, it is. I have a saved Tank 'input' file and a saved Aircraft 'input' file. In such a case, one has to swap out the input files based upon what one wants to control. Clunky but it works.

@Thad

Thanks for the quick response,  I'll try saving my inputs and then set my keymaps to default. 

Yes I did press 'T' , however it didn't seem to do anything. LS+T works as you described, I'll try a reset and see what happens.

Best regards.

fubar

2 minutes ago, fubar_2_niner said:

@Thad

Thanks for the quick response,  I'll try saving my inputs and then set my keymaps to default. 

Yes I did press 'T' , however it didn't seem to do anything. LS+T works as you described, I'll try a reset and see what happens.

Best regards.

fubar

[T] key takes the turret from a stored or high position to a firing position (low). Ensure the turret is in the down position.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sonicapollo said:

Interesting. It is like the strike mod for the a5.

no , in the A5 mod there was an additionnal C3 injection fuel and the increased boost reached to 1,65 ata only on the first charger gear

Edited by Arsenal53

4 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Let me add that from a simple look at the Dogfight Server List, you can see that this issue might be wide spread.

Prior to 3.005 update we've had about 3-4 pages to scroll through the list on a Full HD Monitor.

What's remaining now is slightly more than 1 page.

Probably many Server Operators didn't even notice that their server crashed yet, and those who remain can just be happy that their missions don't contain whatever triggers this issue.

Final update on that DServer.exe issue from my side:

Looks like I've found the reason for this issue and lo and behold, it seems not to be as severe as it looked at first glance.

Actually I could nail it down to one single trigger that crashes DServer.exe.

It happens when you have an AI Pe-2 ser.87 at airspawn.

Player planes are not affected and it seems like no other plane is affected either.

For instance, changing the plane type to a ser.35 already fixes the issue temporarily.

That's been a rough ride, but I'm glad that the issue turns out to be a rather small one.

Whatever kicked out all the servers from the list, it seems unrelated to this particular issue.

Cheers!

Mike

Will we get a change log? I'd like to see if the improvements I thought I felt flying (Force Feedback) where a placebo or not.

Thanks!

The acceleration of the FW190 A8 without a set-up and with 100% fuel, both with and without emergency power is much too low at all altitudes. I ask you all to test this time, including the devs.
Thank you

11 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

It happens when you have an AI Pe-2 ser.87 at airspawn.

Well, you might noticed already that when you select the Pe2 series 87 with blister turret in QMB or MP you immediately CTD.

So, might be the same issue causing DServer.exe and Il-2.exe to crash?

• Upvote 1

Apparently yes.

If only that bug would have been reported in the dedicated/moderated bug report threads, I would have seen it first hand and saved me searching for the same issue myself.

All that cluttered noise in the bug report forum is really a nuisance, it renders that sub-forum 99% useless.

Cheers!

Mike

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pierre64 said:

58 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

He is saying that on the right hand side the letters are XW in the game. He is right, it is incorrect, the squadron code is WX, the skinner has done the wrong transform. Post bug report, easy to fix when they get round to it.

Thank You Pierre. Unreasonable is right. This bug is easy to fix.

32 minutes ago, Thad said:

[T] key takes the turret from a stored or high position to a firing position (low). Ensure the turret is in the down position.

All works like a charm :clapping: Cheers mate. Like you said a little clunky, but it works. Many thanks.

fubar

Those tanks are so much freaking fun! My son and I are fighting over who is going to drive. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Those tanks are so much freaking fun! My son and I are fighting over who is going to drive. 

Who cares who the chauffeur driver is as long as you get to shoot the big gun:biggrin:

2 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

That update is actually really bad.

The lights on the Yak 7 are still hovering over the plane.

I got several CTD to start with and now there's a glitch that makes you fly planes that can't shoot (I really love that one) you take off, you want to shoot but you can't.

When moving the head around in a closed canopy you can still hear wind and in the 109 G2 I couldn't hear anything from my left hear as soon as I turned my head left, there is still a Trackir glitch in the Spitfire MK V cockpit causing the head to tremble when looking behind you on the right side and there's without a doubt more issues that I haven't found or rediscovered yet in one hour of flying...

What this game needs is bug fixing before more content, I dont think I will rush to pre order anything now considering the current state of the game.

bug fixing still goes on.

indeed, fixing one bug can cause many others.

patience is key.

several game freeze in quick mission when i stop the game pause at starting missions, need to kill the process in task manager before relaunch the game

All other problems aside, I've just tried fighting the fokker in the spad and it great fun!

oh, did I hurt you? What you are, above all else, is a commercial enterprise and, as such, linked to the satisfaction of its customers. What this kind of justification can not in any case be satisfactory in the long time, is in any case not what we are advised to say, both for the customer and for our future in the company, to us other poor "ignorant" that we are.

23 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

They are being tested before being publicly released. What you fail to realize is that with a title this big and code this complex, bugs are bound to slip in unnoticed. That's the way it is with any complex software title.

Well, I really have some doubts about your statement - it's not the first time that loyal users complain about updates being porked in some way. It's the second major

update that gives us such a headache. And that said it's not the first time that "testers" are trying to convince us of all those tests! Apparently testing was done quick

and dirty. This time most of the bugs are not hardware related, so don't come up with the argument of having too many different hardware configuration to consider.

What drives me mad is, there are some new bugs happening on elements that worked fine until this update. And to state in the announcement post that there are

too many fixed things to list makes me think that, as customers, we are not taken serious. To me it is some kind of arrogance and ignorance under the motto:

"Buy our new things and shut the f*** up - if you don't, we might not exist anymore soon!"

So, before they shell out some new elements or products, they might better fix some of the major issues and try to keep this bloody bug list shorter than it actually is.

They might win some new customers with new things, but alas also loose some loyal ones.

I purchased every single bit of this series and also bought some stuff twice as a gift to guys who deserved it. But now that we have the second major f***ed update

in a row, I for sure will stop wasting my money for the moment. Sure, they have one of the best sims on market, but they also getting really arrogant in my opinion.

Have a nice time.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9

I was asked "Just bought this game" or "I played before and have account"every time , that's annoying.
and then asked for linking account:o: why?I have linked my account last month.
After 3.005 update,I have linked account so many times.spent so many time to start the game.

What could I do??

9 minutes ago, Takuya_liang said:

I was asked "Just bought this game" or "I played before and have account"every time , that's annoying.
and then asked for linking account:o: why?I have linked my account last month.
After 3.005 update,I have linked account so many times.spent so many time to start the game.

What could I do??

Look on top of this page at the 'Recommended Post' by Sneaksie for a possible solution:

"Just ignore the link accounts prompt that shows up again and again for now (click 'Steam login only'), we'll fix it soon."

Maybe it helps.

5 hours ago, unreasonable said:

He is saying that on the right hand side the letters are XW in the game. He is right, it is incorrect, the squadron code is WX, the skinner has done the wrong transform. Post bug report, easy to fix when they get round to it.

I hope when we get to the U.S.A.A.F planes, those who are making the official skins realize that the squadron codes are the same on both sides of the fuselage with the individual plane letter behind the national emblem

Account linking still not seeming to remember login details but at least now, one is logged in and able to fly what is purchased.

On the flip side, took some FW 190 A8's against some Spades, very funny and not easy.  Followed it up with 2 i16's against same 4 Spades and again a lot of work but more able to dance with them.  Those old WW1 crates are bullet sponges, I should have gone with the shivaks.

Fun flying anyway.

32 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Well, I really have some doubts about your statement - it's not the first time that loyal users complain about updates being porked in some way. It's the second major

update that gives us such a headache. And that said it's not the first time that "testers" are trying to convince us of all those tests! Apparently testing was done quick

and dirty. This time most of the bugs are not hardware related, so don't come up with the argument of having too many different hardware configuration to consider.

What drives me mad is, there are some new bugs happening on elements that worked fine until this update. And to state in the announcement post that there are

too many fixed things to list makes me think that, as customers, we are not taken serious. To me it is some kind of arrogance and ignorance under the motto:

"Buy our new things and shut the f*** up - if you don't, we might not exist anymore soon!"

So, before they shell out some new elements or products, they might better fix some of the major issues and try to keep this bloody bug list shorter than it actually is.

They might win some new customers with new things, but alas also loose some loyal ones.

I purchased every single bit of this series and also bought some stuff twice as a gift to guys who deserved it. But now that we have the second major f***ed update

in a row, I for sure will stop wasting my money for the moment. Sure, they have one of the best sims on market, but they also getting really arrogant in my opinion.

Have a nice time.

Cheers

I have to agree with some of your points. We are now getting three different games and at the same time the oldest one is still waiting one of it's most important feature; lobby with chat. I'm repeating myself but if we want to see the il2-1946 glory days again, dogfight-servers being the only option is not enough. Look back what got those hundreds of players every night online and try to recreate that, those oxygen bottles in He-111 and cushioned headrest in Spit can wait for another day.

I understand the urge for sales and revenue but please don't go the same way like Tesla 3 is going....

• Upvote 4

Am sure it is great sense to task the graphic artists to update MP.. 

I understand your point but not about stopping graphic bug/modelupdates

Cheers, Dakpilot 

1 hour ago, Rjel said:

I hope when we get to the U.S.A.A.F planes, those who are making the official skins realize that the squadron codes are the same on both sides of the fuselage with the individual plane letter behind the national emblem

Not always: take a look at google images for USAAF Spitfires WZ: you will see photos with the WZ (squadron code) always behind the emblem on the starboard side, so  the US Spitfire IX WZ*GJ in the game is correct - it reads that way left to right on both sides.  Looks like this was true for some other USAAF Spitfire squadrons too.  RAF and RAAF squadrons were not consistent in their markings placement - (but XW is just wrong).  P-51s seem to follow your rule, though.

1 hour ago, Dakpilot said:

Am sure it is great sense to task the graphic artists to update MP.. 

I understand your point but not about stopping graphic bug/modelupdates

Cheers, Dakpilot 

I am talking about priorities and resource management in general, you know that very well. I'd just want to see this game evolve and offer different experiencies instead of just presenting us new toys. Every night I go flying, I see only max 200 people online and that has been the number for years. BOBP could interest western people more with the planeset but I still feel the game needs more content, not just more planes to really be bought by the masses.

But, what do I know about the sales and s###. I'm just a sucker who is going to buy everything anyway but feeling at the same time that this could be so much more.

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, unreasonable said:

Not always: take a look at google images for USAAF Spitfires WZ: you will see photos with the WZ (squadron code) always behind the emblem on the starboard side, so  the US Spitfire IX WZ*GJ in the game is correct - it reads that way left to right on both sides.  Looks like this was true for some other USAAF Spitfire squadrons too.  RAF and RAAF squadrons were not consistent in their markings placement - (but XW is just wrong).  P-51s seem to follow your rule, though.

I was speaking more about ETO based AAF units. I've only seen a single picture where the codes were reversed. That was on a single P-47 I think. I think a few changed the format during D-Day because of the invasion strips. I don't think I recall seeing 9th or 15th AF fighter units doing it otherwise either,  although some used numbers instead of squadron codes.

I know somebody put on a VR headset to do those tank VR limits don't do this to me guys!! Really would love those limits touched up on all the planes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Doubt all you want, I don't really care anymore. I and all the other testers know how much effort went into testing this release. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Doubt all you want, I don't really care anymore. I and all the other testers know how much effort went into testing this release. 

Sir, yes, Sir - I salute you!

10 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

I do not doubt. But please imagine that you only have BoS, and only BoS. You're happy with it since its inception. You don't want more, you don't want tanks, you don't want crap WWI planes, you don't want uberplanes either, you don't want anything else, just to enjoy what you have. Ehh, can you imagine? You're content, happiness, nirvana, etc, etc. Now imagine that a new update arrives, with new contents that you don't need, and your nirvana with cocktails and busty girls turns into a simple swimming pool with leaking water. And you can't do anything against it, the update comes, and comes, and comes, and your nirvana is threatened and shattered. Am I overdoing? Yes, all of us are overdoing. It's just a f....ng game, there are much more important things in life than this. :salute:

• Upvote 1