Jason_Williams

Game version 3.001 discussion: Final Release of the Battle of Kuban

37 minutes ago, GridiroN said:

My FPS has not really changed (80-115). People's reporting of huge FPS loses may be hardware specific.

People aren't reporting an FPS loss. They're reporting stable FPS but with GMS/Art issues. My FPS for example is stabilized at around 70 FPS with the sim options maxed (1080Ti) but micro-stutters occur nonetheless. This has been an issue since the last patch and is an continuing issue that has yet to be resolved.

1 minute ago, Stig said:

First and last post? :rolleyes:

Posts like these are reason people give up on this hobby. The veiled, arrogant sly commentary. 

Blah blah...My issue and or complaints aren't yours, so I denigrate into ad-homs and or propose simply leaving said community without addressing them. This is shameful if you ask me. People like you make the genre more niche than it already is.

• Upvote 4

He had already given up, Del. We couldn't have helped him if we wanted to; that was his only post. You think that was a reasonable reaction on his part.

These 'game is ruined, I regret I have supported the Devs' posts less than 24 hrs after an update, yeah, I do find a bit comical,   

Anyway, there is a chance he might be back, it's happened before.

Yes, thank You the developmznt team for this great Battle of Kuban game.

And long live to IL2 games. 

Many, many other battles of ... :salute:

7 hours ago, detcord12b said:

The new campaign mode is my most awaited feature. Unfortunately however, I haven't had time to check it out yet. Can anyone confirm or deny the ability to use custom skins for yourself and  assign them to the AI squadron members?  

A big NO! and to be honest,this is a huge disappoinment to me.  I already wrote a post about it but didn´t recieve a answer until now. Not from the Developers and no reaction from the community. You are the first one who ask this question. Looks like nobody other cares. :(

Again,as a SP Pilot this is the biggest disappointment of the new patch and I will stick to PWCG untill a solution is found.

Rain effect made me awe.

Wow.  Good stuff.  This will be a great effect for pacific - flying into squall.

Great update but looks like i need to get a new comp.  Insane stutters makes career umplayable even after puttin all options to min.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 19//Rekt said:

So far so good -TrackIR etc. Only issue I've noted was that the "British" A-20 skin is actually Soviet (did not see that noted anywhere).

It's a lend-lease example, the camouflage is a British early-war pattern of dark green/brown earth and sky underneath, in use until about 1941, with the roundels painted over in olive drab and red stars slapped on top.

I'm disappointed by the lack of actual British skins, considering we were told they would be included. Hopefully in a subsequent update.

Even putting roundels back over the red stars on the British camo above, which is already included, wouldn't be difficult. 

6 hours ago, detcord12b said:

Yeah, I saw that when I made my way to the hanger section. 

The dev team made all of these amazing changes to the sim, delivered a superb product in Kuban, and added this stellar new of the new career mode but just overlooked this somewhat minute yet important aspect of being able to customize your squadron. It's a minor aspect but it furthers immersion and customization. I mean I hate to say it, I feel like my commentary here nullifies all of the passion and hard work that went into this amazing product we have, and I feel kinda bad bitching about something so trivial in the grand scheme of what we've received.

But honestly, I'm just disappointed by the lack of this options inclusion. 

It is something I would like to see too. All i will say for now though is that there is still much more development to come for the career - eg we only have 25 of the ~40 mission types now, and they said they will continue to improve things.

As a 'first cut' in what is a huge update (with the career being a massive part of that) it is probably understandable if they see this as a feature that is non-essential for now.

Given their track record I would almost put money on it being included in the near future.

Edited by kendo

6 hours ago, detcord12b said:

Yeah, I saw that when I made my way to the hanger section. 

The dev team made all of these amazing changes to the sim, delivered a superb product in Kuban, and added this stellar new of the new career mode but just overlooked this somewhat minute yet important aspect of being able to customize your squadron. It's a minor aspect but it furthers immersion and customization. I mean I hate to say it, I feel like my commentary here nullifies all of the passion and hard work that went into this amazing product we have, and I feel kinda bad bitching about something so trivial in the grand scheme of what we've received.

But honestly, I'm just disappointed by the lack of this options inclusion. 

+100!

Shark nets in the beautiful Wolga

is this a bug related to the new update ?

I got a MSI Geforce 1050ti newest driver - please some advices

2018_3_15__9_27_46kk.jpg

For me 3.001 is a great improvement in game experience. Many Thanks to the developer!

Due to some stuttering I had to test and adjust some graphic settings, reducing the max. distance setting from 140km actually did the job and the game now runs smooth. My rig: i7-7700K with Nvidia 1060 6GB.

So far I especially enjoyed testing the Bf 109 G6. The MG131 and MK103 made the G6 my favorite fighter plane 😎

The cloud shimmering issue, the pop-out / pop-in of objects in VR is fixed after a complete reinstallation of the game. For this, I made sure to remove the remains in SteamApps/Common/. Verifying the integrity of the game cache via Steam did not help by the way. If you have this issue, just go through this process once.

I have found another display bug in VR though, which I replicated on a secondary computer. To replicate:

1) Start IL2 in VR (using Rift), Ultra settings

2) quick mission, Stalingrad Autumn map, select a spot near many rivers

3) clouds to cloudy, time to 18:00 (evening) to reproduce the effect the easiest

4) spawn, watch the rivers' highlighted by the sun while you maneuver. Bow inside cockpit from left to right.

5) notice that more than half of the time, the rivers get only highlighted by the sun on the left eye in VR. On the right eye, they don't carry a reflection. This creates very irritating double vision. Please include this in the next bugfix, if possible. 

P.S. I checked this on my secondary system, to make sure it's not tied to the hardware.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

7 hours ago, deimos256 said:

I supppse I’m the minority that would rather have the old campaign back.  The new campaign is nice but I don’t want to be tied to a single airframe.  I liked how open the old campain was.  Pick a spot, pick a plane, Pick a mission.  

We plan to add the old campaign missions to the QMB in the future, sort of advanced QMB. No promises yet though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

@Sneaksie

Can you please say a word about missing custom skins for the AI in the new carrer mode? It breaks the immersion completely. I already made a topic about this, but didn´t hear anything from Dev. side untill now.

Kind regards

Edited by Semor76

13 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

@Sneaksie

Can you please say a word about missing custom skins for the AI in the new carrer mode? It breaks the immersion completely. I already made a topic about this, but didn´t hear anything from Dev. side untill now.

Kind regards

I think Rise of Flight had it eventually. You can still use custom skins for your self. Just glad the career is out now (I love it!) .

• Like 1

In TEN pages of comments there's only a couple of people who have actually 'moaned', most of the comments are useful bug reports and generally have a favourable (and constructive) feel to them. That in itself is a remarkable achievement, I must say. Absolutely remarkable, especially given the inherent scepticism and 'saltiness' that generally seems to filter through a lot of these communities (I won't name the game(s) but I am very much aware of one particular one!!). 

Stunning guys, absolutely stunning. Put yer feet up, fill yer glasses and have the afternoon off!!

Respect

Rap

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Psyrion said:

I think Rise of Flight had it eventually. You can still use custom skins for your self. Just glad the career is out now (I love it!) .

LoL...and fly with a crowd of faceless clones of the same generic skins. Very immersive. Why did the Team invest so much efforts & time in the career mode if the player ends up with such dull missions?

7 hours ago, slparker17 said:

Try options before the mission on the left side where you pick the weapons loadout.   Usually you can uncheck the mirror on the Soviet fighters.  But why, for heavens sake, wouldn't you want a mirror?  It's a life saver.

Honestly. I find it kind of ugly. It's like a big blob messing up the beauty of that cockpit. But I do understand your point view. I would at least like the option to remove it.

7 hours ago, LukeFF said:

The P-39's mirror is not removable.

Bummer. Maybe one day it will be.

Thanks though. :)

45 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

We plan to add the old campaign missions to the QMB in the future, sort of advanced QMB. No promises yet though.

Excellent! More complex QMB ! Whoooo

Great patch, those with issues are related to hardware/drivers/so because I testes two times updating and completely uninstalling/installing again, both worked instantly, no issues and all great

41 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

@Sneaksie

Kind regards

We'll add this ability.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SJ_Butcher said:

Great patch, those with issues are related to hardware/drivers/so because I testes two times updating and completely uninstalling/installing again, both worked instantly, no issues and all great

What a great conslusion. Dude really? How many reported serious stutters both online and offline, some of us with superduper rigs and with same FPS as before. SAME FPS. Just stutters. And all was super smooth BEFORE update 3001. BTW this isnt first time the stutters occur after big update. I think devs should investigate.

cheers

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, blackram said:

What a great conslusion. Dude really? How many reported serious stutters both online and offline, some of us with superduper rigs and with same FPS as before. SAME FPS. Just stutters. And all was super smooth BEFORE update 3001. BTW this isnt first time the stutters occur after big update. I think devs should investigate.

cheers

I have a brand new rig that I just got for IL2 BOS with all the bells and whistles and the performance has taken a hit and I second that the Devs need to tweak some things.

7 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

We'll add this ability.

+100! Thanks for the answer.

8 minutes ago, blackram said:

cheers

The game uses stream loading to your disk, if your HDD is shiet  there in s nothing more you can do, I have a 2TB SSD for programs and nothing related to stutter, just at the beginning when is loading the game

Well done all involved with this update. Some great and very welcome changes. Love the rain effect and the A20 is a very nice aircraft (if I could just get my top engine cowls to work - lol). I have just purchased the G6 and the LA5FN collector planes to support you. More power to your elbow dev team.

S!

Bunster

Edited by No145_Bunny

21 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Excellent! More complex QMB ! Whoooo

That would be fantastic! :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, -IRRE-golgoth21 said:

All the missions are working...once converted with the tool available in the editor.

Working - yes.

Performing well - unfortunately no.

As reported here...

...we see a massive increase in CPU usage with DServer which barely makes it possible to serve any mission with any AI planes on it at all.

Mind you, these missions were performing extraordinary well with 2.012 before, causing less than 20% CPU usage (peak value).

Cheers!

Mike

1 hour ago, elcubano said:

Shark nets in the beautiful Wolga

is this a bug related to the new update ?

I got a MSI Geforce 1050ti newest driver - please some advices

2018_3_15__9_27_46kk.jpg

I used to have these also.

Try to use only validated option (with an Nvidia logo) in the Nvidia Configuration application, especialy sparse grid supersampling options.

I got rid of this like that (and got +10 FPS!!!).

1 hour ago, Sneaksie said:

That would be incredible.   I’m not tying to take away from the new career mode, it’s very well done, but sometimes I just want to run a quick mission.  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, -IRRE-golgoth21 said:

Did not see that, i'm gonna check this

If the mission is correctly set up, there is no issue. 3% CPU here with a map using AI (trucks, katyushas, trains, AAA) and 8% for our worst one.

Roll axes work fine when looking forward, but do not work when looking to the sides and are inverted when looking to the back.

Hope this will be fixed soon. btw i'm using opentrack.

I have some freezing every time during flight when switch to stats in multiplayer, or during switch to map by pressing O. few seconds or so, definitelly much worse, than in previous versions, probably related with new UI. Do others have also such few seconds freezes, or is it just me?

2 minutes ago, -IRRE-golgoth21 said:

If the mission is correctly set up, there is no issue. 3% CPU here with a map using AI (trucks, katyushas, trains, AAA) and 8% for our worst one.

I've been talking about AI planes.

The thread I've linked contains a very simple test mission with just two flights of 4 bombers each on it.

If you see something that's "not correctly set up" on it, please be my guest and let me know.

Once again: Prior to 3.001 update, on version 2.012, this test mission and it's much bigger "real" brother were running perfectly fine with no CPU load issues at all.

Cheers!

Mike

8 minutes ago, Hot_Dog said:

I have some freezing every time during flight when switch to stats in multiplayer, or during switch to map by pressing O. few seconds or so, definitelly much worse, than in previous versions, probably related with new UI. Do others have also such few seconds freezes, or is it just me?

I have the same .... and already described few pages above.

this update is soooo unoptimized.... :(

57 minutes ago, SJ_Butcher said:

The game uses stream loading to your disk, if your HDD is shiet  there in s nothing more you can do, I have a 2TB SSD for programs and nothing related to stutter, just at the beginning when is loading the game

I have a new PC and SSD disk, 2400 Mhz RAM etc....Everything was smooth before patch! And now it isnt....not to mention my FPS didnt change...just I have stutters now...

Edited by blackram

21 minutes ago, blackram said:

I have a new PC and SSD disk, 2400 Mhz RAM etc....Everything was smooth before patch! And now it isnt....not to mention my FPS didnt change...just I have stutters now...

online or offline? because online server are overloaded now