Jason_Williams

Game version 3.001 discussion: Final Release of the Battle of Kuban

2 minutes ago, Tag777 said:

Any pics of the La-5FN?

Haven't flown mine yet. Saving that for tonight.

Many a 110 will weep. :cool:

20 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

How does the UI scaling option work? All I can select is 100%. 125% and 150% are greyed out.

It's grey if you run the game in 1920 x 1080. That settings is for higher resolution.

• Thanks 1

Some more observations from multiplayer, sorry for not joining the chorus of happy people yet.

The Stalingrad map looks almost empty. Steppe everywhere on the summer map, where previosly there was lots of forest and solitary trees, now there's nothing, just steppe.

Roads which previously have been alleys are now "naked".

A mission where just two flights of 4 AI bombers each are prowling the skies, previously on 2.012 causing a server load of 10-15%, now constantly shows 75-85% CPU load.

Cheers!

Mike

I must say the detail on the P-39 wings and cockpit (scuff marks, wear, worn paint, etc.) is magnificent and it's really shown off by the greenhouse effect of all that glass.  The view from the office chair in the P-39 must be seen to be believed.  Everyone in the IL-2 team deserves a dozen warbirds in the afterlife.  :salute:

1 minute ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Some more observations from multiplayer, sorry for not joining the chorus of happy people yet.

The Stalingrad map looks almost empty. Steppe everywhere on the summer map, where previosly there was lots of forest and solitary trees, now there's nothing, just steppe.

Roads which previously have been alleys are now "naked".

A mission where just two flights of 4 AI bombers each are prowling the skies, previously on 2.012 causing a server load of 10-15%, now constantly shows 75-85% CPU load.

Cheers!

Mike

The 'naked' roads are historically accurate, according to what photographic evidence I've seen.

1 minute ago, SAS_Storebror said:

sorry for not joining the chorus of happy people yet.

Oh I just flown the A 20 5 minutes. Bugs was expected . Anoying if they affect something important. So better report them, not sure this is the best place though, your post will beburied pretty fast

6 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

If this is status for all , it is pretty conserning 

Outstanding update.  Ran a few offline quick missions and am very impressed with the visual and UI changes.  Very very nice.

Now waiting for the multiplayer servers to allow the G-6....because it's TATER TIME!

jfnykk.jpg

1 hour ago, No601_Swallow said:

Edit: actually, Tom, you don't even have to do that...

Quite right - I just say to you lot "Make it so!"

:)

von Tom

Game stopped working a couple of time in the Sea Dragons quests.  Cannot identify a trigger for it but will report it when I can.

von Tom

Nice job! (I haven't tried it yet, but the pics and the changelog speak for themselves). Just hoping it won't bring too much of a performance decrease for a midrange machine.

So is the UBS and Shvak less or more accurate than before? (change n°50) Also, what was changed on the FW-190 ammo counter? (n°68). I thought it was fine :)

Edited by rolikiraly

"No connection with authorization server"

anyone else with this bug?

@Dev. please fix this

Just now, Semor76 said:

"No connection with authorization server"

anyone else with this bug?

@Dev. please fix this

I always get this the first time I press enter and it always loads the second time.  Make sure you try twice. 

Those who can't connect...

This was happening to me:

The update changes the .exe of the game and my firewall detected that the exe had been changed and blocked it.

I whitelisted the .exe again and could connect again

Edited by Chipi

2 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

I always get this the first time I press enter and it always loads the second time.  Make sure you try twice. 

belive me,I´ve tryed it multiple times.....

1 minute ago, senseispcc said:

Try to lanch game from steam/steamapp/common/battle of Stalingrad/bin folder il2 file it works.

Steam? LooL...I didn´t have the steam version.

15 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

The 'naked' roads are historically accurate, according to what photographic evidence I've seen.

Actually if anything has trees at all anymore, than most likely it is a road.

Forests seem to be almost gone completely.

No idea whether this is historically correct, so I'm just reporting the difference I see.

15 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Oh I just flown the A 20 5 minutes. Bugs was expected . Anoying if they affect something important. So better report them, not sure this is the best place though, your post will beburied pretty fast

If this is status for all , it is pretty conserning 

I know this might not be the right place, but any other threads seem to remain unnoticed at the moment too.

The mission's CPU load is really something that puzzles me as well.

We've seen something like "exponentially raising CPU usage" with the number of AI flights before, e.g. with 2x4 bombers in the air, the CPU load was ~15%, but when 6x4 bombers were there, it was 100%.

But now, with 2x4 bombers on the very same mission, the CPU constantly scores 75-85% load, and that's right on the edge of becoming unplayable - on a rather "empty" mission.

For today I think I'll leave it "as is" and wait for the more experienced guys to chip in.

Maybe tomorrow we know more.

This patch, as it looks to me at the moment, has lots of nice new stuff and eye candy for single play, but MP... well... might need some careful double-check.

Cheers!

Mike

Unfortunately not a lot of time for testing today, but so far this update is looking very, very nice!

I have a lot to dig into, especially with the new Career Mode. Plus anxious to try out that P-39.

Only had time for some quick missions over Kuban in the Spit, really liking what I am seeing!

Thanks Devs, for a fantastic update!  Nice to see all your blood sweat, and tears come to fruition like this!

:good:

I tried the suggestions above but still can't connect. It was working fine about 2 hours ago, I'm pretty sure it's not an issue on my end.

Just now, LLv34_Temuri said:

Still does not let me even to the login _screen_.

i dont know why this happens with almost every update in this game. 

Just now, Lubos said:

I tried the suggestions above but still can't connect. It was working fine about 2 hours ago, I'm pretty sure it's not an issue on my end.

cant login since hours. 

15 minutes ago, rolikiraly said:

Also, what was changed on the FW-190 ammo counter? (n°68). I thought it was fine :)

The vertical white bars were not indicating the correct number of rounds; instead, they were just set to as high as they could go. Also was an issue with the Hs 129 ammo counters.

• Upvote 1

If you cannot log in you must tell us if it's Steam of website version guys. As far as we know there are no current issues.

Jason

Just now, Lubos said:

I cannot login as well, neither online (no connection to master server) nor offline (needs update). I even reinstalled; same problem. *sigh* [launcher version]

Edited by JG4_dingsda

Just now, Jason_Williams said:

If you cannot log in you must tell us if it's Steam of website version guys. As far as we know there are no current issues.

Jason

steam version. Restarted PC, reinstalled game, verified game files, tried the soloution on this post, same effect. 

Holy Balls Yes!  Anyone else notice how fluid the sim is now...wow.  Maybe because Ive been off for a while?   But seems so silky smooth in VR esp on approach 

And the water drops! Thought I was getting shot a second then it drizzled away EPIC! YES

Landed my beautiful p39 and STOMPED and those brakes baby ! !    Woot 

dropped my distance to 100km and turned off in game aa.

1 minute ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Already sent report via support couple of hours ago...

3 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

i dont know why this happens with almost every update in this game. 

cant login since hours. 

Mee too...even with Firewall complete deactivated

I´m on the standard (non Steam ) version

Edited by Semor76

I am just stunned by this update. Honestly, it is simply a brand new sim. The new draw distance is incredible. I took a quick ride in the P-39 taking off from a favorite airfield along the coast just to fire the guns and looking at some sights. What sweet flying little fighter plane that is. The next few days are going to be filled with a lot of stick time for me.

Thank you one and all for the incredible dedication and hard work. Those of us who have supported you from the Early Access phase are reaping the rewards now with a WWII era flight sim that is beyond compare. Thank you all again!!!

Just now, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

webside version  , no connexion with the master server