Jason_Williams

Game version 3.001 discussion: Final Release of the Battle of Kuban

Hi, just a random thought about the game icon/launcher. It's funny because the icon is about Stalingrad and the game name is actually Moscow... Why not upgrade all this to Kuban?

20 minutes ago, Swing said:

Everything works well for me, no bad issue with trackIR...:)...Thanks to all the developers team for this outstanding update ...i'm just totally in love with the P39...:fly:

P39 makes me laugh - that 37mm feels like I'm lobbing explosive softballs at the target. It really is a fun plane.

Edited by ruby_monkey
fix gun calibre.

The new campaign mode is my most awaited feature. Unfortunately however, I haven't had time to check it out yet. Can anyone confirm or deny the ability to use custom skins for yourself and  assign them to the AI squadron members?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, =LG=Piciu said:

Hi!

At WOL server i have an strange thing, blue shadows at Moscow winter map. A bug after 3.0 patch?

Single player is without problem.

Cheers!

WOLMoscos.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's because the mission is from the old version. The mission builder (or host) needs to re-adjust the weather/cloud setting for the mission and resave it in the new version.

11 minutes ago, detcord12b said:

The new campaign mode is my most awaited feature. Unfortunately however, I haven't had time to check it out yet. Can anyone confirm or deny the ability to use custom skins for yourself and  assign them to the AI squadron members?  

For yourself yes. I'm not sure about the ai planes. 

Excellent update!

Beyond the obvious improvements and content additions, I noticed that the menu buttons are much more responsive now which was something I was really looking forward to!

Still haven't had time to experience all the new campaigns, coop etc. but i tested all new planes and they are much better than I expected, in particular P39, La5FN, and the guns on the Bf109 G6.

Unlike the La5 which I really dislike flying, the FN was a delight!

The P39 is much more stable than I imagined, great addition with lots of character.

Some things changed for the mission editor (icons) so I have to take a look at all my SP missions to see if they are fine.

Love the new extended visibility, great job!

10 minutes ago, BorysVorobyov said:

For yourself yes. I'm not sure about the ai planes. 

I don't have that option, matey. That said, if you start off as the Sqdn commander you can make those changes (livery, loadout etc) but nothing with regards to custom skin options. Tried it in both my initial German and Soviet campaigns. 

Kinda bummed out about that. That was a feature I was really looking forward to. 

1 hour ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Oh my fucking God! (Sorry for the language) but the Carrer mode is just amazing! Really well-done guys. The ground feels alive and the missions are just top notch. It ran smoothly here and it is very very immersive.

Can only tune in there, Riksen! I was never much a Campaign flyer, but this is fun, and I'll carry on with it. Nice training!

7 minutes ago, detcord12b said:

I don't have that option, matey. That said, if you start off as the Sqdn commander you can make those changes (livery, loadout etc) but nothing with regards to custom skin options. Tried it in both my initial German and Soviet campaigns. 

Kinda bummed out about that. That was a feature I was really looking forward to. 

You can't do it in the career screen.

Just like the QMB you have a choice of setting up your plane before pushing the start mission button. In the hangar you can use your custom skins. 

I haven't seen a way to choose skins for the ai though. 

Perhaps it'll be a feature to come in the days ahead. It's certainly something that can be done, RoF did it for its career mode. It's just a question of if it's practical for the devs to prioritize.

I supppse I’m the minority that would rather have the old campaign back.  The new campaign is nice but I don’t want to be tied to a single airframe.  I liked how open the old campain was.  Pick a spot, pick a plane, Pick a mission.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BorysVorobyov said:

You can't do it in the career screen.

Just like the QMB you have a choice of setting up your plane before pushing the start mission button. In the hangar you can use your custom skins. 

I haven't seen a way to choose skins for the ai though. 

Yeah, I saw that when I made my way to the hanger section. 

The dev team made all of these amazing changes to the sim, delivered a superb product in Kuban, and added this stellar new of the new career mode but just overlooked this somewhat minute yet important aspect of being able to customize your squadron. It's a minor aspect but it furthers immersion and customization. I mean I hate to say it, I feel like my commentary here nullifies all of the passion and hard work that went into this amazing product we have, and I feel kinda bad bitching about something so trivial in the grand scheme of what we've received.

But honestly, I'm just disappointed by the lack of this options inclusion. 

• Like 1

Is there a way to kill the mirror in the P-39? I reeeeeally don't like it.

Other than that, an awesome update! :cool:

19 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Is there a way to kill the mirror in the P-39? I reeeeeally don't like it.

Other than that, an awesome update! :cool:

Try options before the mission on the left side where you pick the weapons loadout.   Usually you can uncheck the mirror on the Soviet fighters.  But why, for heavens sake, wouldn't you want a mirror?  It's a life saver.

1 hour ago, detcord12b said:

Unfortunately, you can only change yours. Unless I'm missing something .... The new career feature is spectacular but I also wish we could assign the AIs skins

12 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Unfortunately, you can only change yours. Unless I'm missing something .... The new career feature is spectacular but I also wish we could assign the AIs skins

I went to the trouble of creating 50 liveries/skins for my squadrons (25 SOV/25 GER) in preparation for this release. I was under the impression this would be a feature, it just seemed like a no-brainer I guess. It's really unfortunate it isn't a possibility. 

Oh well, wish in one hand and you know what else in the other.   

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, detcord12b said:

I went to the trouble of creating 50 liveries/skins for my squadrons (25 SOV/25 GER) in preparation for this release. I was under the impression this would be a feature, it just seemed like a no-brainer I guess. It's really unfortunate it isn't a possibility. 

Oh well, wish in one hand and you know what else in the other.   

Given that Pat Wilson was able to figure out how to do this in PWCG, we can always hope there will some cross-pollenization and this capability will find its way into the game's career mode at some point.

Hey guys, i;ve noticed that my FPS is getting extremely bad in the career mode, other modes seems fine but on career not so much

... any tips?

Super pleased with the new career mode. Only flown one mission so far but it feels a lot like the old RoF career, which I thought was the best out of any flight sim ever made (and I remember Red Baron from 1990). Also nice to see the major graphics overhaul. The increased render range finally makes flying over 2km look right and the water drops when going through clouds is a nice touch too. Overall, great update. I've been largely inactive for the past couple years, only hopping in maybe an hour every week or two to derp around in the QMB. I think this update will finally pull me back in.

This update is why I own a HOTAS.  Thank you devs.  (Best DD I could read next week is "No DD, we're all on vacation.")

Ceowulf<><

• Like 1

If i bought the Battle of Kuban - Premium Edition do i have to buy the Bf 109 G-6 and La-5FN series 2 seperately or should it be in the pack?:wacko:

Edited by Winglesschip209

2 minutes ago, Winglesschip209 said:

If i bought the Battle of Kuban - Premium Edition do i have to buy the Bf 109 G-6 and La-5FN series 2 seperately or should it be in the pack?:wacko:

those two planes are stand-alone collector planes that are not included in kuban.

kubans collector planes that come with the premium edition are the spitfire aaaand i forgot the german one, i think a 190 or maybe the henshel?

1 minute ago, 19//SAG said:

those two planes are stand-alone collector planes that are not included in kuban.

kubans collector planes that come with the premium edition are the spitfire aaaand i forgot the german one, i think a 190 or maybe the henshel?

Cool thanks im going to get them right now those are a must

nice landscape, but I would say for game playing the new map environment is a drawback, because almost impossible spot A/Cs in long distance. 

• Confused 1

Great job dev team. Just scratching the surface but everything is working which I'm grateful for. Didn't really want another 109 but bought the G6 anyway to show appreciation to Jason and dev team. I've played  with graphic settings trying to get my fps up but can't seem to do better than 30 in sp which is 25 less than what I was getting. Maybe time for a new card. 

1 hour ago, TG-55Panthercules said:

Given that Pat Wilson was able to figure out how to do this in PWCG, we can always hope there will some cross-pollenization and this capability will find its way into the game's career mode at some point.

I spose' that's certainly a very, very remote possibly. However, the dev team put an immense amount of work into this dynamic campaign we have now but ultimately decided not to include this option. It just seems incredibly unlikely they'd choose to go back and rework it at this stage just to include this option. Would it be a welcome addition? Yeah, absolutely. I think we'd all welcome it in the long run.

It just seems highly unlikely and something that would adsorb resources from which all are finite. 

Fantastic Job guys!

A ju52 full of beer for your team!

I bought the La5 FN and G6  , I will never fly them, but I really want to support your amazing job!!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 1./TG1_Nil said:

Fantastic Job guys!

A ju52 full of beer for your team!

I bought the La5 FN and G6  , I will never fly them, but I really want to support your amazing job!!

I did exactly the same thing, bought both of them even though I doubt I will ever fly them.  I want this project to continue.

• Upvote 1

My FPS has not really changed (80-115). People's reporting of huge FPS loses may be hardware specific.

Edited by GridiroN
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, coconut said:

Mission resaver was not included in the update it seems. resaver.exe and missionmanager.dll in bin/resaver are still from a year ago on my PC. Not surprisingly, the msnbin files it generates cannot be loaded by DServer. That's a big issue for my dynamic campaign system. I hope the devs will provide an updated version in a hotfix, because without it players will have to load the textual .mission file instead and wait a few long minutes before they can join a session.

This is also applies to our server, as the server generates new mission every 6h (or quicker if there's enough player activity).

7 hours ago, dadaphil said:

Oh, I am so unhappy with this update... In VR (I only fly VR) it's no longer worth looking through my Rift glasses. The picture is totally blurred and the fps are beyond repair. Checked different parameter settings. No help. It worked so well before this update. OK, I agree it's only an carreer mode update and the rest of us are fairly neglected. What a pity. I regret now thoroughly having bought already the Bodenplatte early access to support the Devs. Anyhow, there are better simulators on the market to play my Rift HMD with a satisfying immersion. BTW, I tried to convert my favorite Ju52 missions from Pelican (deleted te msnbin-files and saving the mission again. Now the landscape is in an ugly bue. Good luck for the Developpers for their Carreer simulator. I am out.

First and last post? :rolleyes: