Jason_Williams

Game version 3.001 discussion: Final Release of the Battle of Kuban

1 minute ago, Sharpe43 said:

Question; 

I've preordered Bodenplatte, but somehow I was able to download the Bos Launcher which now has an 8 gig download running. What gives?

It's all the same program. You just won't be able to do anything with it once it's downloaded until the first Bodenplatte plane is released.

Love the new content! Very happy. Love the G6 and its MK108 cannon and the MG131s.

Really appreciate the work developers!! :drinks:

Guns on the P39 sound really great! That plane brings back so many fond memories of IL2 Forgotten Battles.

I'm struggling with performance compared to the previous version. Ive backed off the settings a lot with now only 75km horizon instead of whatever it was before. Almost like the game is stuttering loading content. An example is zooming. Tried 4K textures without any obvious difference.

There is also some very big frequent frame drops while flying and looking at the scoreboard in VR, the the point that it very briefly drops you back to the SteamVR screen to prevent nausea.

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire
a word

A question for the developers regarding the Kuban ships:

Are there no Soviet landing craft, small barges or boats in BoK? I wanted to do some historic missions showing Soviet landing operations (Myshako, Novorossiysk, Taman peninsula landings, etc.) and the fighting in the swamp area near Temryuk, but apparently we are missing the necessary types of watercraft for such missions.

4 minutes ago, FuriousMeow said:

It's all the same program. You just won't be able to do anything with it once it's downloaded until the first Bodenplatte plane is released.

figured as much on that last part..

Magnificent news!

& congrats to dev team

35.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The 37mm cannon barrel of the P39 gets bent and warped when you collide the nose and screw up your prop.

I too have some of the minor graphical issues with clouds that others are having. Seems the old problem of objects being jagged and blurry against the clouds has come back. Also black smoke from planes and burning Stalingrad get really pixelated with the clouds as well. It hasn't stopped me from enjoying my career though. I've found a whole new love for IL*2 thanks to the new career mode. 

I'm sure the bugs will be worked out as soon as possible. We all know with updates this huge there are always teething problems early on. 

Thanks again for all the hard work. You guys are the best! Can't wait for Bodenplatte, Flying Circus and Tanks!

But if you'll excuse me, I'm needed to defend Moscow.

After testing on MP today, I am happy to report that I have no stutters or anything like that. I'm smooth as butter. I set distance to 100km and turned on 4k textures and touched nothing else.

On the downside, the MP UI stuff seems to be wonky. All servers reading "0" ping, on WoL you cant select aircraft mods until you've spawned at least once, a brief greyish brown screen when switching between the map, and for some reason I just lost connection to the server (WoL) which has VERY RARELY happened before. I don't know how much of this is server side or has to do with the update.

I think once the MP buggies get ironed out either by the devs or the server hosts, this is EASILY the most badass update yet!!

For reference, my basic system specs are..

AMD 8350 8 Core @ 4.0

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6Gb

16Gb RAM

Everyone who has problems with VR or fps or other aspects since the update take a deep breath and remember the mantra, "Everything has a teething period".  You've been enjoying substantial parts of BoK for quite a while (Kuban map, remember?).  Soon these problems will be addressed one by one.  Any problem viewed in entirety looks like a Gordian Knot, impossible to solve but in fact it's merely a couple dozen problems and solving each one by one allows the others to be seen more clearly and solved in turn, as they will.  

Take a deep breath and look forward to when you'll be playing BoK seamlessly and pulling out your hair over the 'broken" Battle of Bodenplatte and then that'll be running 'smooth as butter' when your hair's on fire over the 'broken' Flying Circus.

Take a deep breath.  Those of us who are running the update smoothly are sorry you're not flying smoothly yet but you will, and soon.  Describe your problems, include screenshots and any relevant detail to the mods ASAP and they'll take care of you.  

The mods are like your ground crew.  That's their a/c you're flying and they take pride in it.  Realize that and treat them and the debugging process with respect, patience and lots of good humor please, as in real life pilots and ground crew.

Stephen

Edited by slparker17
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Trotsky said:

Hello! What difficulty level should I choose in options?

Hi , Im playing on hard difficulty and its very easy now for me (Moscow - Bf109).

Anybody else having the problem, that the game doesn't start after the update? I am getting a vcruntime140.dll error. Any ideas?

Can anyone please confirm?

-- tracks saved prior to 3.001 cannot be loaded and replayed;

-- in career mode, time compression doesn't speed up anything (it still works in quick missions with the same difficulty settings).

15 minutes ago, slparker17 said:

Everyone who has problems with ......

Stephen

Oh man, you are an Angel. Thanks for your nice words.

I just wanna tell, that I am little scarred, bcs I invested not small money into the product, and PC, and VR and now I got version which is unplayble for me, and I am afraid the demands will go still higer and higer, and I will have to spent thousands of money for newer and newer CPU, graphic, etc,... and I dont want. 

I wish I have, at least now, .... update with better visuals , which are going very smoothly on my (quite brand new PC) just because it is properly programmed and code is optimized. That updates I wish to have now, and in the future.

Simultaneously I am confused what actualy happend when someone works on a thing over halve of a year and then is published product with such faults. I imagine they had to test it before launch, but some issues are such crucial and key functions, that I feel I was cheated. Instead of quality I got second-rate product. Is this really a way how new things are published to the users? Seems to be a standard to publish products in process of development, when its too soon. And with many faults. Maybe I am from an old school, but I wish to receive products without bugs, and totaly prepared for using. I guess the developers wish the same. So whats wrong? 

I know, many things will be fixed, its just the manner of the time. Then we can avoid these theatre to announce prior the work, and publishing. And making big "Halo" what will come. Bcs at this moment new update is NOT an acquisition for me. No. Its unreadable, freezing, and long time loading and the overall  impression from this is worse than before.

I dont wish to be a part of "teething period" I wish they teeth it inside the company.  I hope its not wrong attitude I guess.

With very love and patiente I can find in myself brothers :))

The game fails to read any input from mouse and keyboard, am I the only one who is having this kind of issues? I restarted the game several times, I restarted PC several times as well, used restarter.exe, cant play the game. Moreover, it doesnt allow me to pop windows from below the game(like task manager) over the game. The game always stays in the foreground and I cannot force it into the background. Basically, now it is behaving like malware.

Edited by CSAF-D3adCZE

Dont know if it has been mentioned, but in my update the A20 disappears on screen way inside sighting range and reappears  by changing zoom level.

6 minutes ago, 3.IAP_Vasilij said:

Text removed

Pump the freaking brakes. You are acting like a two year old.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FuriousMeow said:

Pump the freaking brakes. You are acting like a two year old.

Agreed. At least give them a chance to look into issues that are being reported.

Hey guys, 

did somebody figure out how to get a setting with two layers of clouds? Cant get them work.

Edit: Alright, it seems to be random, wheather the clouds are in one or two layers. Maybe there are some settings, which have a higher chance but its still pretty random.

Edited by PicksKing

I have 100-120 fps in the career mode and the game is beautiful. Thanks to the development team :salute:

GTX 960 turbo 2 gb, I5 4690k, 16 gb RAM, Windows 7 64bit.

Edited by Trotsky

17 hours ago, MacLeod said:

Career mode - Amazing!

When I successfully complete a mission I get the text on the screen in French, even if I have everything in English;

I get the French critical mission objective complete message too, very odd....

Also, the third aircraft in the flight in my Spitfire career with 57 GIAP has crashed on take-off several times so far (haven't seen him get off the ground successfully yet!)

Other than those two things, everything has been great! Thank you very much for all the great stuff in this update. Very much appreciated!

Edited by No.401_Wolverine

3 minutes ago, No.401_Wolverine said:

Also, the third aircraft in the flight in my Spitfire career with 57 GIAP has crashed on take-off several times so far (haven't seen him get off the ground successfully yet!)

Other than those two things, everything has been great! Thank you very much for all the great stuff in this update. Very much appreciated!

Me too

4 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

You are the best. Thanks

You are welcome. :)

Edited by I./JG1_Baron

Zut Alors!

(I'm suuuper-enthused about the update. For me the game-changer is how easy it is to launch a coop mission from within the game. It really feels like IL2! I predict an explosion (OK, a slow torturous increase) in furrowed brows as more and more people start to slap together coop missions for their mates! Kool times ahead, gents!)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

Hmm I just arrived home. Where is the update?

Just start launcher ;)

Edited by I./JG1_Baron

24 minutes ago, =LG=Piciu said:

I can say that this is not a bug itself....

Hi Piciu,

Its a known thing, the team only have one coder and have said multiple times that making rendering distance for the objects larger its way more complex than the one for the terrain. Also, you already posted the same thing at the bug section I think it was...I saw it somewhere (way to many new post to read this days :biggrin::o:)

This topic is to discuss the new game version, keep it on topic.

13 minutes ago, No.401_Wolverine said:

I saw it in Spanish and others have report it as well, most probably will be fix soon

Haash

Almost forgot...Update is a piece of art!! I keep getting impressed of what this guys can pull out..

10 minutes ago, No601_Swallow said:

Zut Alors!

(I'm suuuper-enthused about the update. For me the game-changer is how easy it is to launch a coop mission from within the game. It really feels like IL2! I predict an explosion (OK, a slow torturous increase) in furrowed brows as more and more people start to slap together coop missions for their mates! Kool times ahead, gents!)

How did you manage to get it working? My session is always unjoynable, as in "unable to connect to game session"

Really pleased with this sim, which is by a long way the best I have ever come across.  Good work developers you are very talented and dedicated and it's much appreciated

17 minutes ago, Thor_Hansen said:

How did you manage to get it working? My session is always unjoynable, as in "unable to connect to game session"

Disregard i have managed to fix it, open ports tcp/udp28000 - 28100...sorted

Edited by Thor_Hansen

8 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

We plan to add the old campaign missions to the QMB in the future, sort of advanced QMB. No promises yet though.

I'm another who didn't mind the old campaign missions; they were a quick action fix when time was limited

I appreciate all of the time and effort put in to the the new careers and I will play through them all.

But it would be nice if the old missions could be added to the QMB at some point in the future.

• Upvote 1

So I’m just now coming back to il2 after a slew of health issues over the last few months.

Last night I had so much fun with the campaign! A handful of missions as a 109 pilot and a few flying p-40’s for the Russians.

the missions were great, very real, and the scenery my god it’s tge most beautiful flight sim I’ve ever seen now with the increased terrain draw distance. 

Even the 50 cal tracers had me look twice. They looked just like I remember them.

and a mods on option?

this is why I was so glad when Jason took over, this is wonderful.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 1./JG54_Uwe said:

So I’m just now coming back to il2 after a slew of health issues over the last few months.

Last night I had so much fun with the campaign! A handful of missions as a 109 pilot and a few flying p-40’s for the Russians.

the missions were great, very real, and the scenery my god it’s tge most beautiful flight sim I’ve ever seen now with the increased terrain draw distance. 

Even the 50 cal tracers had me look twice. They looked just like I remember them.

and a mods on option?

this is why I was so glad when Jason took over, this is wonderful.

I've gotta say: that's some endorsement. Back-of-the-dust-jacket endorsement. (Which I fully agree with, although in RL I wouldn't know a real 50 cal tracer if it walked up to me and slapped me in the face...)

Edited by No601_Swallow

Career is only half interesting as KI comrades dont shoot down anything so you win mission alone and all others get killed or shot down sonner or later.

4 minutes ago, I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller said:

Career is only half interesting as KI comrades dont shoot down anything so you win mission alone and all others get killed or shot down sonner or later.

I guess every pilot in WWII was an ace and no one died. Different levels of AI get different results. We always work to make the AI better, but sometimes your flight doesn't do a good job. Just as it was in real life.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I played only one mission in the career so far and my AI minions shot down 2 109s before I could get my guns on the enemy. 

I really like some of the "small" things in the new Career.

For instance on the large map, over the objective site when all objectives have been met, it states so in large green letters. Plus getting notification on the screen when it happens.

Yes I really can't adequately express how much I love the new career mode. 

Getting medals, bonuses, promotions, seeing my name on the newspaper aces list. The day to day stuff like maintenance and transfers. This is destined to be a classic for years to come. It's addictive. I love it!

• Upvote 1

Do you see the translated text on screen if you press h? That hides or restores the HUD.

(response to senseispcc)

Edited by engrish_major

5 hours ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

Our squad was flying on coconut last night, on the final sortie 2 guys in P40s went to strafe and reported guns did not fire. One was knocked down by the flak soon after so no real chance to experiment, second guy could never get his hotas to fire guns (they had been carrying bombs and dropped them ok so do not appear to have selectee an empty loadout). One uses X52 the other guy another simpler hotas. Second guy went offline SP and guns worked fine with HOTAS. Unfortunately never had thought to suggest either tried keyboard fire. It was the only occasions it happened in 3 missions (15-16 actual flights) and never happened to me. Maybe I put a bug report in as it does not appear to be a single occurence.

I did also try to fire by pressing Space on keyboard, but that didn't work either. Only restarting the game helped.

Wow, great update. I really love the drops on the canopy, when flying through clouds, and indeed, we now have a horizon. That is fantastic, it looks a bit very blueish, but this might be, because my eyes are used to the white shimmering before.

And I really like the A20. In my second career mission I killed four of them with my G4, and they took it as real men. Flying like a bomber, dying like a bomber. They stayed in formation and didn't start dogfighting like the Pe2s always do, as soon as I attack them, even though their bombload is still on board. Or might this be one of the AI improvements?

And of course I like the career mode and will dive deeper into it, and see how far I will come.