Oh my god. Lefuneste...

Oh my god.  

Did you really solve the cloud blurring? And implement saturation? What the hell. You are truly amazing. 

I still need to reinstall Windows and get my PC working, oh man you've made me get a move on now. Can't wait to try it out.

• Like 1

I tried the new version and the Color fix does not work for me either and I also have Sharpen on.

It's not just the new saturation that doesn't work but the old z6/w6 values do not make any difference now.

Rift here.

56 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Black_Sab said:

I tried the new version and the Color fix does not work for me either and I also have Sharpen on.

It's not just the new saturation that doesn't work but the old z6/w6 values do not make any difference now.

Rift here.

Ok, there was a bug in the sharpen shader. Here is the version that fix it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zfp1ah4n728bb9i/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_9.1.zip/file

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

The dx config file still says version 8.6 is this correct on your end or did I fuck something up?

oops..I forgot to update this part, but it is only for documentation.

Edited by lefuneste

after playing around  with 9.0 for a bit I have noticed that planes can sometimes appear though clouds when they're not supposed too, it was inconsistent and only brief but it did happen I had a He-111 cruising just below cloud level and I was above maybe 1k and it seemed to happen as the He-111 went though a cloud transition into denser cloud cover possibly as it entered the cloud  from underneath. I will continue to test in SP and see if I can record it and try figure out the trigger, it happened twice and I was unable to reproduce it after I noticed what was happening.. I'll update with all my  settings in game and mod when I have something, thanks

keep up the good work though! this mod is critical to the VR community at the moment

5 minutes ago, Washburne1 said:

after playing around  with 9.0 for a bit I have noticed that planes can sometimes appear though clouds when they're not supposed too, it was inconsistent and only brief but it did happen I had a He-111 cruising just below cloud level and I was above maybe 1k and it seemed to happen as the He-111 went though a cloud transition into denser cloud cover possibly as it entered the cloud  from underneath. I will continue to test in SP and see if I can record it and try figure out the trigger, it happened twice and I was unable to reproduce it after I noticed what was happening.. I'll update with all my  settings in game and mod when I have something, thanks

keep up the good work though! this mod is critical to the VR community at the moment

Please make a track if you can reproduce the problem. It will help me to understand if I can improve the fix.

Color fix wouldn't work with ultra settings, vega 54, kicked that down a notch and now works fine.  Worth keeping the color fix, like it, don't seem to gain frames lowering from ultra, but really glad to be able and keep the sharp.

Ok. Non-clipping luma contrast from sweetfx (it's open, so no issues copying their method). This is meant as a replacement for pure multiplication.

float4 CurvesPass( float4 colorInput )
{
  float3 lumCoeff = float3(0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722);  //Values to calculate luma with
  float Curves_contrast_blend = Curves_contrast;

//Snipped here 

float luma = dot(lumCoeff, colorInput.rgb); 

float x = luma; 

x = x - 0.5;  
    x = ( x / (0.5 + abs(x)) ) + 0.5; 

x = lerp(luma, x, Curves_contrast_blend); //Blend by Curves_contrast
    colorInput.rgb = x + chroma; //Luma + Chroma 

return colorInput; 

//Curves_contrast is a user set variable of range -1,1. Default =0. 

}

The returned colorInput.rgb will now have contrast applied to it and can be fed in to any other thing you want. Of all the colourfixes you've implemented so far this will have the most performance impact but it should still be absolutely minuscule. 

Graph of contrast curves, asymptotes at +-1 so no clipping. The user controlled variable blends between y=x (unchanged image) and this curve.

Edited by peregrine7

Cloud blurring: I noticed that the position of the observed plane in front of the cloud seems to matter. If the plane is below the cloud (looking up at plane and cloud), no cloud blurring. If the plane is above the cloud (loking down onto plane and cloud), blurring occurs. Can anybody confirm this?

Edited by II./JG77_crane

Hi , I am having an issue with ver 8.5 and 9.0 of this mod on a Acer WMR headset (basically a Samsung Odyssey). With this mod applied I get very bad artifacting that obscures Aircraft and waypoint labels. Without the mod installed I do not have this issue so I believe it has to be a setting but I am just not good at editing these things. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Issue that I am having is aircraft labels are being cut off or obscured by parts of the sky depending on how I position my head. It's very distracting and does not happen when the mod is not installed but then I am not able to turn off propeller for ASW etc.

EDIT: NVM Ctl U was the cmmd I was missing. All is good.

Edited by pandabacon

@lefuneste  Thank you for your hard work. Can I suggest you edit the OP in this thread to link to the newest version? I was inadvertently using version 8.5 of your mod, not the latest 9.1. I'm going to update now.

1 hour ago, Alonzo said:

@lefuneste  Thank you for your hard work. Can I suggest you edit the OP in this thread to link to the newest version? I was inadvertently using version 8.5 of your mod, not the latest 9.1. I'm going to update now.

I was waiting for feedback before updating the post. It looks like there is no real problem with the cloud fix, so I will soon post the last 9.2 version (I found a small bug), but in the "mods" section I think.

• Like 1

My buddy has a Vive Pro and I am trying to figure out how to get his zooms working properly. I have no clue what exactly I need to change in his ini file.

I see settings for the vive pimax and rift but no vive pro. He says they are cross eyed, his IPD is 66.7. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The config file is worded very confusing like. I don't understand if I need to change the numbers under the main key part or under the vive part or what, it makes no sense to me, please forgive my ignorance. I've tried reading through the thread to get a better understanding of it, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

Edited by 15th_JonRedcorn

On 9/14/2018 at 10:14 PM, lefuneste said:

I was waiting for feedback before updating the post. It looks like there is no real problem with the cloud fix, so I will soon post the last 9.2 version (I found a small bug), but in the "mods" section I think.

Please also continue to update this thread with your new versions. This mod is an essential fix for VR in MP that otherwise just comes with a low in-game 1.5 dizzy-zoom-in effect. Big disadvantage compared to 2d players on their screens.and you equalized it 👍

18 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Please also continue to update this thread with your new versions. This mod is an essential fix for VR in MP that otherwise just comes with a low in-game 1.5 dizzy-zoom-in effect. Big disadvantage compared to 2d players on their screens.and you equalized it 👍

As written above, the thread has been moved in "MOD" section and the new version 9.3 is available there.

I'm at wit's end and sure hope for a quick answer.  I downloaded and installed version 9.6 using JSGME.  

I couldn't find (plowing through the pages here) the original list of key commands so I used Joy2key to try the left ALT and Up/Side/Down Arrow key combo bindings to get the x10/x5/x2 zoom with my Vive Pro.  No Joy.  Nada.  I tried the Right ALT and Arrow keys, then the CTL and Arrow key combos with no result.  I also tried all the same directly on my keyboard with no luck.  I'm pretty sure I installed everything in the correct directory and activated it on JSGME and was running everything as administrator, etc.

What are the new key commands with 9.6?  Is there a newer, better version?  It even seems to have disabled my key binding for external view (default is F2 but I had it on a joystick button but it quit working when I installed 9.6 tonight).

Again, what are the new key commands with 9.6? 

Edited by TP_Sparky

I think it’s like Home, Insert and PageUp. Check the keys in the d3dx.ini file—it’s the various [Key] sections I think.

6 hours ago, Alonzo said:

I think it’s like Home, Insert and PageUp. Check the keys in the d3dx.ini file—it’s the various [Key] sections I think.

I'm not a programmer.  I will have no idea how to read a d3dx.ini file text  I see many messages here where people understand and manipulate coding.  That's not me.  I flew military but need a "These are the key commands for zoom x2, x5, x10, prop off, gunsight intensify, etc." list.  And why did my F2 external view stop operating the moment I started 3Dmegoto?

Edited by TP_Sparky

17 minutes ago, TP_Sparky said:

I'm not a programmer.  I will have no idea how to read a d3dx.ini file text  I see many messages here where people understand and manipulate coding.  That's not me.  I flew military but need a "These are the key commands for zoom x2, x5, x10, prop off, gunsight intensify, etc." list.  And why did my F2 external view stop operating the moment I started 3Dmegoto?

Here you go:

10x zoom - Insert

1.5x zoom - Page UP

5x zoom - Home

prop off - Shift+K

sight fix - Alt+K

Color Fix - Alt+U

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TP_Sparky said:

I spend a lot of time explaining in the post here how to use 3DMigoto mod, so please read it, you will find all the key mapped by default.

As I can use external view without problem, I think that this is another problem. Maybe some options on your config or on  server ?

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lefuneste said:

I spend a lot of time explaining in the post here how to use 3DMigoto mod, so please read it, you will find all the key mapped by default.

As I can use external view without problem, I think that this is another problem. Maybe some options on your config or on  server ?

Thanks for the reference.  You do indeed show it in detail.  Sorry, I got buried in the mass of posts.  Guess once I get it all going right the Pimax 5K+ I just ordered will arrive in the New Year and I'll start over.  

It's not the server (@ external camera since I tested it on quick mission).  It worked and then I instelled 3DMigoto and for some reason the external camera didn't work although it was still mapped to the same switch and it didn't even work with F2  😮 Go figure.  I have no idea why.  Using Vive Pro, 2080 Ti GPU.

7 hours ago, -[HRAF]Black_Sab said:

Here you go:

10x zoom - Insert

1.5x zoom - Page UP

5x zoom - Home

prop off - Shift+K

sight fix - Alt+K

Color Fix - Alt+U

Excellent.  Sierra Hotel.  Thank you.  😀

Post Script: Zoom works now.  Thanks

Edited by TP_Sparky

I'm on it. Things are going well, but there are  still some functions to polish and check. 

I'm doing that on my free time, and my family is prioritary, so be patient.

• Thanks 1

The new v10.0 version is available the post in "mod" section. It will work with 3.007, but as usual, I did not test it too much.

I greatly improved the kneepad feature, so try to press "j" key, then SHIFT+j or CTRL+j. You can replace all images by you own, they are now jpg and will scale. You can also modify the kneepad size/position.

The mod will automatically setup the sight in standard mode and VR zoom will be disabled if VR is not configured in BoS. 

• Thanks 4

11 hours ago, lefuneste said:

I'm on it. Things are going well, but there are  still some functions to polish and check. 

I'm doing that on my free time, and my family is prioritary, so be patient.

dude you are a f****** saint.

Edited by 15th_JonRedcorn