Topic moved to Mod section :

Revision:

2018/09/16 : version 9.3 : new features + fix + moved to mods section.

2018/04/22 : Version 8.5 : fix a bug with trees on moscow map

2018/04/20 : Version 8.4 : 3.002 compatibility, add of custom image replacing temporarily map

2018/03/24 : Verson 8.2 : fix YOffset ignored for smoke and labels

2018/03/24 : Verson 8.1 : fix problem with mirror, more robust way to handle eye computation and label masking

2018/03/17 : Version 8.0 : compatibility with 3.001, new way of zooming that suppress black area (=> 10x zoom available for Rift !), new defaults settings for sight

2018/01/13 : Version 6.0 : usage of last 3Dmigoto  1.2.69 dll that should reduce fps loss

2018/01/05 : Version 5.4 : new zoom by using VS intead of PS, zoom parameter tuned for Rift,  fix for shore in BoK map, optimization.

2017/10/20 : version 4.1 : icon and labels masked when zooming, depth increase should work with all cases

2017/10/05 : version 4.0: "IPD modifier like" function that enlarge cockpit view

2017/09/30 : version 3.0: New method for label fitlering. No more label disapearing and no more need to declare AA mode.

2017/09/16 : version 2.4 : toggle propeller on/off does not change sight mode, sight works now for "LOW" settings of Il2Bos.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Thank you very much, will try for the Oculus tomorrow. The lack of being able to adjust colours/contrast in VR at the moment was annoying, because monitor users do not have this problem.

The crosshair does work with Oculus in IL-2. The zoom does not work, it creates a double picture.

What do the z6 and w6 values do for colour? Are you referring to the added d3dx.ini file the folder "\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game"?

Edited by 1CAG_Fenris_Wolf

The crosshair does work with Oculus in IL-2. The zoom does not work, it creates a double picture.

What do the z6 and w6 values do for colour? Are you referring to the added d3dx.ini file the folder "\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game"?

The double picture was not expected. I wonder what the problem is with OR..Can you post a screen copy with the 2 eyes view and your graphics settings ? Is label/icon (key I to activate them) masking working ?

Yes. See in d3dx.ini lines144 & 145. The new color rgb is the oldcolor rgb * w6 + z6. Same value added or multiplied for all color component.

The ALT + leftARROW toggle z6  between 0.0 (no add) and  0.1 and w6 between 1.0 (no multiplication) and 0.9 (reduced). You can change the 0.1 and 0.9 numbers to what you like.

Edited by lefuneste

It's all right, the ingame zoom works perfectly fine, so I will be using that. The customized zoom from this file here doesn't seem to adjust the IPD when zooming, thus creating offset pictures in respect of the left and right eye.

The color correction is great, there is finally a way for VR users to adjust contrast, like monitor users can do!

• Upvote 1

The double picture was not expected. I wonder what the problem is with OR..Can you post a screen copy with the 2 eyes view and your graphics settings ? Is label/icon (key I to activate them) masking working ?

Yes. See in d3dx.ini lines144 & 145. The new color rgb is the oldcolor rgb * w6 + z6. Same value added or multiplied for all color component.

The ALT + leftARROW toggle z6  between 0.0 (no add) and  0.1 and w6 between 1.0 (no multiplication) and 0.9 (reduced). You can change the 0.1 and 0.9 numbers to what you like.

what should i do with these z6 and w6 to make the landscape look less washed out (less white-ish)

I put ingame gamma to 0.9 and w6 to 1.2  

Don't lower ingame gamma too low (it is not a simple 2D monitor), you would get godray effects and will wash out colours considerably more. You will still be able to spot hostiles much better in the Rift than on the old 4k screen, and the identification process gets to be more or less equal. 

Interesting solution. I'll see if i can play around with it this week.

Does the scaling down of the sights help with not seeing two separate sights depending on the angle?

Does the scaling down of the sights help with not seeing two separate sights depending on the angle?

In 3dvision it allows to have both eyes seeing the full sight in the same time (with 40% depth max) so you do not have this effect and sight can be used to aim with both eyes as in DCS. Unfortunately this is not the case in VR, you can not have both eye seeing the full sight in the same time. As I never used the standard sight in VR I can not say if the reduce sight is better. With the german sight, there is only a slight angle where you can see only a slight part of sight for both eye (extreme left part for right eye and extreme right part for left eye), otherwise you will only have the sight for one eye. I did not check for Ru, Us and It sight. And, as scale can be changed in d3dx.ini, maybe you can reduce more the sight inb order to avoid this effect.

Anyway, the sight reinforcement greatly helps to see it with no zoom, even with one eye only.

Edited by lefuneste

Yes it does.

• Upvote 1

Very nice! This should be a must have for all those using VR.

The only thing is that the sight on the Bf109 turns a little darker orange depending on what's on the background.

However it really helps with the overlapping sights.

MANY THANKS!

The only thing is that the sight on the Bf109 turns a little darker orange depending on what's on the background.

If you give me a better color (RGB) I can update it. I did not manage to find the good one. 

Does anyone use labels/icons in VR ? I found that labels/icons on top of cockpit frame are very annoying and was very proud to have it fixed. But nobody gives feedback about it, so maybe it's because I am the only one to use them in VR ?

How do you manage to identify planes in VR without them  ? And even worse, how did you manage to straff ground target  ?

I use labels on SP on and off to spot some enemies. When they get annoying i turn them off. I like the fix where you cant see them behind the cockpit.

Im VR, i see a dot, i dont know if its a friend or foe, but you cam use the VR zoom which helps just a bit if you are familiar with the plane outlines.

If you give me a better color (RGB) I can update it. I did not manage to find the good one. 

Does anyone use labels/icons in VR ? I found that labels/icons on top of cockpit frame are very annoying and was very proud to have it fixed. But nobody gives feedback about it, so maybe it's because I am the only one to use them in VR ?

How do you manage to identify planes in VR without them  ? And even worse, how did you manage to straff ground target  ?

I play without any HUD or markers. I ID based on wing shape, fuselage shape, where radiators are - and when close, by camouflage and insignias. I use in-game zoom to attack ground targets. I shoot from 300-200m, usually.

i play with icons on coconut's server. icons blink alternately with fps counter, I pressed the u key, It seems that the problem has disappeared.

I play without any HUD or markers. I ID based on wing shape, fuselage shape, where radiators are - and when close, by camouflage and insignias. I use in-game zoom to attack ground targets. I shoot from 300-200m, usually.

I salute you, I hope to eventually get to that point myself. I do not use the HUD, but I do flip those icons on when needed. 

i come from a night mission, The stars disappear and the icons too At short distance.I like the color settings and the sight settings but How to make inactive the modifications of the icons in the mod. Thanks.

i come from a night mission, The stars disappear and the icons too At short distance.I like the color settings and the sight settings but How to make inactive the modifications of the icons in the mod. Thanks.

can you post a track of the problem ?

I made a special settings for myself that should filter only the waypoint icon and keep the planes icons, maybe it has a bug. normally this special mode is toggled on/off with the u key.

I will set a on/off toggle switch for the label/icon filtering, but meanwhile you can disable it by deleting the file 0e7f95e10edfcbc5-ps_replace.txt in D:\jeux\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\ShaderFixes.

By the way I also made a switch to disable propeller disk  for people who have ASW problem.

And also I noticed that cockpit are lacking of depth. I do not know if it is a OSVR HDK2 specific problem, but if you look for example at the bf110 I found that the stick looks too close of the instrument panel. Even if I set an IPD very small it doesnt change that problem. So I am also making something that increase the depth feeling, it looks great for my first tests. I will try to use it for the instant zoom feature, that is out of depth for Oculus.

Edited by lefuneste

I'm intrigued by the statement that you "also made a switch to disable propeller disk  for people who have ASW problem", and a few of the other aspects sound interesting, but some of the things (like the icons) not so much, for my personal taste at least.  Is there any way to modularize this so that each of the elements/features could be installed separately from each other, and so that the piece-parts could be installed/uninstalled via JSGME?

As for 3dvision mod, I tried to answer to each problem encountered by people with IL2 BoS and VR, untill they will be solved by devs.

For maintenability reason I can not have one version of the mod per functionnality.

Usually I designed mod feature to be activated/de activated by a key. For example colour change and reduced sight can be disabled by a key. I just forgot to do that for labels but I will fix it in the future release. So the mod will include all features, but each of it will be optionnal by using toggle key.

It's also easy to choose the default setting of the toggle by modifying a variable  value in d3dx.ini so  everyone could have the setting that fits its needs.

As for 3dvision mod, I tried to answer to each problem encountered by people with IL2 BoS and VR, untill they will be solved by devs.

For maintenability reason I can not have one version of the mod per functionnality.

Usually I designed mod feature to be activated/de activated by a key. For example colour change and reduced sight can be disabled by a key. I just forgot to do that for labels but I will fix it in the future release. So the mod will include all features, but each of it will be optionnal by using toggle key.

It's also easy to choose the default setting of the toggle by modifying a variable  value in d3dx.ini so  everyone could have the setting that fits its needs.

That's cool - should accomplish pretty much the same thing I was looking for.  As for installation - does it have to be done by bat files or can it be managed by JSGME?

Where is the function to disable the propeller disk? I need that one until IL2 has fixed the ASW implementation. Big thanks for your help comrade!

Edited by 1CAG_Fenris_Wolf

Sorry, but K was changing the crosshair, not disabling the propeller disk.. :huh:

//Edit: contrast setting does work. I messed too much around with settings after patch and mistyped something, assuming the colors didn't dork anymore//

Edited by 2./JG51_Fenris_Wolf

I just found this thread to solve my biggest Problems (gunsight/crosshair unreadable and need to stopp displaying Propellers because of anomalies) just to read in the last post, that they don't work anymore :o:  :unsure:  :sorry:since last update.

Can you fix it please! :help: They are essential for many Players I think. Or which file do I have to edit, to Change it permanently?

With the new patch the labels are a bit broken. They disappear even when they are not behind the cockpit.

It might be related to the horizon haze but not 100% sure.

Hello everyone. Unfortunately I do not have access to my PC and even to internet this week, so you will have to wait at least next weekend for evolution...

Edited by lefuneste

I just installed it and the K - Key still works - the gunsight is smaller and stronger and I can switch it on and off with the K Key.

How can I disable the propeller?

Hey lefuneste, I must apologize, your color and crosshair mod does work with patch 2.012. About the markers I do not know.

I do not know what happened, but I assume the error regarding the colors was on my part!

All we need to is disable the propeller now. Where to send the keg of German beer?

All of it works except the prop disk as far as I can tell.

Up arrow and down arrow zoom. "k" changes the gunsight back to default.

Be aware guys, I confirmed through track tests that this mod costs around 15fps constant. 

It gives some real good eye candy, but know you have to pay with a rather strong fps hit for this.

Be aware guys, I confirmed through track tests that this mod costs around 15fps constant. 

It gives some real good eye candy, but know you have to pay with a rather strong fps hit for this.

Yikes, I was not expecting that! Turned it off and sure enough I'm no longer hitting ASW on medium graphiccs no AA. 

Not worth the hit at the moment, but if the prop can be disabled it may become worthwhile.  

Thanks!

Yikes, I was not expecting that! Turned it off and sure enough I'm no longer hitting ASW on medium graphiccs no AA. 

Not worth the hit at the moment, but if the prop can be disabled it may become worthwhile.  

Thanks!

I will publish a new version this WE, they changed the shader for propeller but I had a working version on my PC. I just have to define a better key mapping and make some cleaning in d3dx.ini and shaders files,

Thanks for the information on fps impact, I did not feel such impact but did not measure fps, because as I used async reproj fps are caped to 45 And, as I did not have so much impact with 3dvision I did not check.

Maybe the label masking is the cause, I will release 2 versions just to allow you to test the fps drop.

Thanks man. Great to hear we perhaps get the propeller mod this WE  :)

I will publish a new version this WE, they changed the shader for propeller but I had a working version on my PC. I just have to define a better key mapping and make some cleaning in d3dx.ini and shaders files,

Thanks for the information on fps impact, I did not feel such impact but did not measure fps, because as I used async reproj fps are caped to 45 And, as I did not have so much impact with 3dvision I did not check.

Maybe the label masking is the cause, I will release 2 versions just to allow you to test the fps drop.

Sounds great, keen to test!

Here it is:

Key mapping

• toggle sight regular/off/reduced : K
  • toggle propeller : shift + K
  • toggle label masking off/on : u
  • toggle label waypoint filtering : shift +u (I like to be able to identify planes but do not want to see waypoint label...)
  • toggle color change Ralt+left arrow
  • zoom 4x : Ralt + up arrow
  • zoom 2x : Ralt + down arrow

I did not see any fps differences between the 2 versions and the vanilla one...but I am capped to 45 fps...

In this version, the label masking is set up for 0xAA. If you use another AA, modify in d2dx.ini the lines x7=1.0 and y7=1.0 at lines 83 and 84 according to this settings: no AA => x7=1, y7 =1 ; AA x2 => x7=2, y7 =1; AA x4 => x7=2, y7 =2

Edited by lefuneste

Oi, very nice. Thanks a lot again :salute:  I will test them, especially the fps loss without label masking.

Is there a way to put out a barebones version (maybe that reduces the strong fps hit), a version that only includes "contrast multiplicator" and "toggle propeller"? I wonder if that would solve some of the issues. Well, we'll see. First to test the new version, will report back tomorrow.

This is unlikely that a single shader fix could have a great impact on fps, except the label masking, because I need to copy the screen result output of a shader to get the filter map and then sample it for each label pixel to draw.

So if the version without label filtering still have fps loss that will be a problem linked to the process, after all 3dmigoto was not made for VR, and it has to be installed in game and steamVR...