lefuneste

3DMigoto mod for VR

On 4/22/2018 at 8:02 AM, Fenris_Wolf said:

Yet again my endless thanks to your for your generosity and your help in providing this game with the necessary features for a proper VR experience. 

Your service to the community should earn you some honorable badge. 

I 2nd that!

You are a star Lefuneste

Thanks again for your quick updates! This mod is almost essential for VR flying! :salute:

The zoom settings are now completely different from the before 3.002 settings for me.

You may as well remove my previous settings from the config as they are now WAY out.

I will try to post my updated vive 61mm IPD settings later. 

I have edited everything possible in this area and I cannot for the life of me get the little german gunsight to show up.

Is it me or did something change? I set Ge sight scale to 2 restarted game and nada.

Default constants to pass directly to shaders as IniParams
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Constants]
;----------------
; sight settings
;----------------
;default sight mode
y = 4
;Ru sight scale (must be integer)
; x1 = 3
x1 = 1
; Ru reinforcement threshold (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)
y1 = 0.03
;Ge sight scale (must be integer)
; x2 = 2
x2 = 2
;Ge reinforcement threshold (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)
y2 = 0.03
;US sight scale (must be integer)
x3 = 1
;US reinforcement threshold (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)
y3 = 0.04
;It sight scale (must be integer)
; x4 = 2
x4 = 1
;It reinforcement threshold (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)
y4 = 0.04
;Spit sight scale (must be integer and should be keep to 1)
x5 = 1
;Spit reinforcement threshold (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)
y5 = 0.05
;----------------

Oops, I forgot that now you'll have to rename "8f86f33af0e792d3-ps_replace.txt.reduce" to "8f86f33af0e792d3-ps_replace.txt"  (and overwrite the existing file) in shaderfixe directory. I found in another post that sight reducing has impact and I verified that it actually cost 2 to 4 fps, so I disabled the function by default...

1 hour ago, variable said:

Has anyone tried out the mod with 3.002? 

Yes 8.5 is working great.

4 hours ago, -[HRAF]Black_Sab said:

Yes 8.5 is working great.

Great news.

Lefuneste, do have a patreon or anything?

• Like 1

Give us your patreon, paypal, etherwallet address, address for a check, or GTFO. This is the fix I have been looking for for years, and I just now discovered this. take my money.

Ninja Edit: You are to fast on the upkeep to stay with the current stable release not to take the money.

Edited by Y-29.junky_one
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/22/2018 at 11:02 AM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Yet again my endless thanks to your for your generosity and your help in providing this game with the necessary features for a proper VR experience. 

Your service to the community should earn you some honorable badge. 

wow i guess i need to get this then! 

52 minutes ago, katdog5 said:

wow i guess i need to get this then! 

Yes you do, it's very very good

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Y-29.junky_one said:

Give us your patreon, paypal, etherwallet address, address for a check, or GTFO. This is the fix I have been looking for for years, and I just now discovered this. take my money.

Ninja Edit: You are to fast on the upkeep to stay with the current stable release not to take the money.

Exactly.  You essentially made this game playable and competitive in VR.  Well, maybe not competitive for me, but at least now I can ID who is shooting me down.

• Haha 1

Hi,

I installed the MOD using JSGME. I started a mission from PWCG and no icons appeared when I used ctrl + u or shift + u. However, shift + k works by toggling prop on/off. Does anyone know what mistake I'm making?

Thanks.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by yaan98

if prop disabling works all should work. Do you have icons without installing the mod and no icons when mod installed ?

I am thinking to buy a Samsung Odyssey HMD but I have read there are users that have problems with those glasses on BoS:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/307960/discussions/0/2860219962100744007/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/307960/discussions/0/1621726179567875768/

I would like to know if that mod fix that problem. Could someone confirm me this, because it could be really annoying to buy those glasses and have problem with that sim.

I don't have a WMR headset but have seen on the forums that lefuneste's mod does not fix the problem only helps reduce the issue. The mod was not designed for this purpose but it has an option for IPD adjustments which helps. 

The conclusion still is that the Devs would need to take a look and fix the issue but there's no word about that yet. 

Edited by -[HRAF]Black_Sab

There is now, see the other thread about Samsung Oddity.

Now the masses should be able to get into Windows VR for nearly the price of a Track IR V.  Not a bad thing to do.

Edited by [CPT]Crunch

First off, I want to add my thanks to lefuneste for this awesome mod, you have single-handedly made VR usable/competitive in multiplayer. Awesome stuff. 

Two questions (I have an Oculus Rift CV1 in case these are specific):

1. Does changing the zoom level for any of the zooms mess up the IPD, i.e. do I have to change the x7/y7 values when changing zoom? My 'low zoom' is set to 3x, and the IPD seems messed up (haven't tried changing it back to 1.5). I will check tonight to see if setting the zoom back to 1.5 fixes this.

2. Does anyone get pretty significant small-scale jitter/wobbling when zoomed all the way in (7x or more)? This might just be inherent to the Oculus tracking tech, which probably wasn't intended to be used at such high zoom. Has anyone encountered this and been able to fix/improve it? 

Thanks!

14 hours ago, BubbRubb11 said:

First off, I want to add my thanks to lefuneste for this awesome mod, you have single-handedly made VR usable/competitive in multiplayer. Awesome stuff. 

Two questions (I have an Oculus Rift CV1 in case these are specific):

1. Does changing the zoom level for any of the zooms mess up the IPD, i.e. do I have to change the x7/y7 values when changing zoom? My 'low zoom' is set to 3x, and the IPD seems messed up (haven't tried changing it back to 1.5). I will check tonight to see if setting the zoom back to 1.5 fixes this.

2. Does anyone get pretty significant small-scale jitter/wobbling when zoomed all the way in (7x or more)? This might just be inherent to the Oculus tracking tech, which probably wasn't intended to be used at such high zoom. Has anyone encountered this and been able to fix/improve it? 

Thanks!

1. Yes, you need to adjust the y6 value for zoom IPD adjustment. For 1.5X zoom my y6 is 0.08, for 5x it is 0.59. So for 3x I guess it should be somewhere in between, around 0.2 but you need to play around with that

2. Yes, it is the way it works.

• Thanks 1

Got the Vive Pro , and things look a bit small compared to the Rift, will this mod help getting things a bit bigger?

Also how do I install? I copied the contents of game foleder from the mod to the game folder of Il2 BOS and does not work.

15 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Got the Vive Pro , and things look a bit small compared to the Rift, will this mod help getting things a bit bigger?

Also how do I install? I copied the contents of game foleder from the mod to the game folder of Il2 BOS and does not work.

There's a new how-to install JSGME thread under Mods and I installed that. 

It creates a MODS folder.  You unzip the 3DMegoto into that folder.  Then, start JSGME and shift 3DMego to the right side from the left side of the screen and it's done.

On 9/16/2017 at 8:01 AM, lefuneste said:

I updated the first post to add a better information of features/customization....

Excellent mod.  Thanks. 

I installed 3DMegoto with JSGME and it works great with my new Vive Pro with the keypad commands listed on page 1 of this thread.  I can't use the keypad with VR.  I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog joystick and throttle and want to keybind the multi-key zoom commands, propeller effect off, gunsight brighter, etc.  You made the zoom a multi-key command L-ALT + ARROW.  How can I assign that?  Why didn't it get assigned to a single key?  

I'd love to find an easy way to assign zoom, prop, etc. to my joystick.  I can't take my hands off the stick and throttle and push the VR headset up to see the keyboard just as I must ID a bogey and set up an attack or help defend a friendly.  Someone suggested Joy2key and I downloaded that I haven't a clue how to get keybinds with that.

Edited by TP_Sparky

hello, you can change the key used for any option by modifying d3dx.ini. I choose mapping that not overlaps with default keybind or what you can type in multiplayer console.

Do you use TARGET for your whartog ?

8 hours ago, TP_Sparky said:

There's a new how-to install JSGME thread under Mods and I installed that. 

It creates a MODS folder.  You unzip the 3DMegoto into that folder.  Then, start JSGME and shift 3DMego to the right side from the left side of the screen and it's done.

Excellent mod.  Thanks. 

I installed 3DMegoto with JSGME and it works great with my new Vive Pro with the keypad commands listed on page 1 of this thread.  I can't use the keypad with VR.  I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog joystick and throttle and want to keybind the multi-key zoom commands, propeller effect off, gunsight brighter, etc.  You made the zoom a multi-key command L-ALT + ARROW.  How can I assign that?  Why didn't it get assigned to a single key?  

I'd love to find an easy way to assign zoom, prop, etc. to my joystick.  I can't take my hands off the stick and throttle and push the VR headset up to see the keyboard just as I must ID a bogey and set up an attack or help defend a friendly.  Someone suggested Joy2key and I downloaded that I haven't a clue how to get keybinds with that.

When using JoytoKey I suggest to start with a simple command like Shift+S which you can easily test in notepad. Should give you capital S.

Once you figure out how to do it, it is going to be easy for the actual mappings you want in game.

12 hours ago, TP_Sparky said:

I have a warthog hotas and use UCR Universal Control Remapper https://github.com/evilC/UCR

Free and very easy to setup

I instaled this. I put the zip file in my jsgme/mod folder and unzipped it.

It showed up in the mod program and I moved it to the right. 

But it didn't drop all the files and folders in the program folder and it didn't work. 

I had to copy and paste the files and folders into the program folder.

I am running steam...

Another thing. I got one of the zooms programed to my right mouse key which I can easily find with my rift on. Is there any text that can be used to map to my stick? I tried to use the text that comes up in key mapping but it didn't work. 

Not sure how to get the buttons for this mod to my stick or button box.

Any ideas?

Thanks

If you own a Warthog, you should use TARGET scripts.

Here is mine, the associated key mapping description is in pictures included in the 8.4 version.

Warning, some mapping are done to directX button in order to avoid key lock (for example flaps down). You'll have to map the button into IL2.

The shift key (S4) is also use for braking.

I also define a switch of axis with EOLMOTOR or EORMOTOR => that allow me to switch in game for single or multi engine config. You'll have to map all axis in IL2, too.

If you want to keep just zoom function, here they are (the shifted functions add legacy zoom to my zoom)

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSU, CHAIN(LOCK+DOWN+USB[87], DOWN+L_ALT,D(),DOWN+UARROW, LOCK), CHAIN(LOCK+DOWN+L_ALT,D(),DOWN+UARROW, LOCK));
	MapKeyRIO(&Throttle, CSU, CHAIN(LOCK+UP+UARROW,D(), UP+L_ALT, UP+USB[87], LOCK), CHAIN(LOCK+UP+UARROW,D(), UP+L_ALT, LOCK));
	MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSD, CHAIN(LOCK+DOWN+USB[87], DOWN+L_ALT,D(),DOWN+DARROW, LOCK), CHAIN(LOCK+DOWN+L_ALT,D(),DOWN+DARROW, LOCK));
	MapKeyRIO(&Throttle, CSD, CHAIN(LOCK+UP+DARROW,D(), UP+L_ALT, UP+USB[87], LOCK), CHAIN(LOCK+UP+DARROW,D(), UP+L_ALT, LOCK));
	MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSR, CHAIN(LOCK+DOWN+USB[87], DOWN+L_ALT,D(),DOWN+RARROW, LOCK), CHAIN(LOCK+DOWN+L_ALT,D(),DOWN+RARROW, LOCK));
	MapKeyRIO(&Throttle, CSR, CHAIN(LOCK+UP+RARROW,D(), UP+L_ALT, UP+USB[87], LOCK), CHAIN(LOCK+UP+RARROW,D(), UP+L_ALT, LOCK));
	MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSL, CHAIN(LOCK+DOWN+L_ALT,D(),DOWN+LARROW,D(), UP+LARROW, D(), UP+R_ALT, LOCK), KP5);

BoS_VR.zip

Edited by lefuneste

Thanks for the mod, Vive Pro scale issue is fixed, now looks 1:1

However I get a bit of double vision with it, or transparent double edges when flying thru clouds and looking from certain angles.

Any ideas how avoid it?

• Useful for VR only : "IPD modifier like" that shift display to the outside and so enlarge the cockpit (toggled off/on by "Lalt+Left Arrow" key"). It ay helo users with Windows Mixed Reality Headsets

Dear lefuneste, Thank you so much for this very useful Add-On. I am only flying in VR Oculus Rift CV1 and your "IPD modifier like" is all I needed to be happy again. Set [Key8] to x6 = 0.035, 0.0 for me (my real IPD is 70.0). Worked out of the box perfectly and no fps losses seen. Thanks again for this wonderful addition to the IL-2 VR experience.

Useful for VR only : Possibility to modify game rendering colors (1 multiplication factor and 1 addition factor). (toggled off/on by "Lalt+u")

How does this one works? I tried pressing L Alt + u and dont see any changes.

Color Fix
;----------------
; default value to add and mul to each color component 
; z6 = 0.1
; w6 = 0.9
z6 = 0.0
w6 = 1.0

This is what I need to modify?

What values or editing I need to do?

Hello,

new color.rgb = (old.color.rgb + z6) * w6

But as I remember, the LAlt+u Key section is already modifying the z6 and w6 values (I do not have my PC to check now), so you should see color changes when pressing left Alt + u (and no right alt + u)

It may depend on some graphics settings because they may induce some shader changes, I tested it OK for LOW or MED settings and HDR/on off  and sharpen On/off.

Trz w6 = 1.15, keep rest as before. 

Now ingame press alt+u. I haven't seen it working with HDR, so you may want to switch HDR off. 

Seems to be working for me with HDR on.

I have bloom set to off (manually through the configuration files) though.

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone this Luddite has 3DMigoto running!

A Tangmere Pilot buddy, Silk, walked me through putting JSGME into the IL2 directory and loading 3DMigoto.

I loaded Joy2Key to get the multiple key command and found a video that made it simple after watching numerous ones that weren't.  Maybe I should make one for IL2 BoX.  Just start Joy2key before IL2 and always start it as administrator.

I even went through an ooops when I got a new USB junction box that made made joystick one become joystick two.  

Works like a charm.

Thanks top everyone for your help in talking me down.

5 hours ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Seems to be working for me with HDR on.

I have bloom set to off (manually through the configuration files) though.

So do I, there are glitch with 3dmigoto  and bloom effect is ugly.