LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

S!

Ships not shooting back is a bug BlackSix confirmed. Hopefully fixed soon making ship runs a bit more of a challenge.

Thank you Untamo !

Regarding paratroopers, not sure how much that value means, 500 out of how much ? Does it mean that if arty and front destroyed but paras dropped, it sinulates extra targets that cannot be destroyed ? (reduces overall damage?)

1 hour ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

Sea battle limiter implemented. Will be taken into use asap.

In use now.

13 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

500 out of how much

When you destroy something, the value of the destroyed object is deducted from the total of the sector, when dropping paras, the value is added to the total of the sector. Total health comes from the values of all the objects in the sector added together.

Is there anywhere we can see how many points a sector is worth ?

How many para drops are allowed ?

Points added as para drops cannot be destroyed by the other team, right ? Hypotetically if all ground targets are destroyed It gets down to which side dropped mire paras ?

L.E.: i just realized the table with points per tatgets is posted in your info page, but it would be nice to have an idea of the sum on each type of target (rear depo, frint depo, bridge, arry, front - ships are easy to count).

L.L.E.: Hmm this points thingy was a revelation to me, i thought initially it was only used as a base for scorring system. Now questions pop up in my head, like: bridge target; i destroy bridge but leave aa defences intact, that means yhat target is destroyed but not entirely, correct ? In order to have bigger map advance we should destroy bridge & all objects defending it ?

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

3 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

bridge target; i destroy bridge but leave aa defences intact, that means yhat target is destroyed but not entirely, correct ? In order to have bigger map advance we should destroy bridge & all objects defending it ?

Yes the AAA, tower, dugout, and car at bridge defences are targets too. After finishing a mission, you are given information via chat about how much damage you did on the sector. IIRC, we don’t tell the total max health anywhere.

3 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Points added as para drops cannot be destroyed by the other team, right ?

Right. And there’s no maximum amount of paradrops. And if both sides are 100% destroyed, paras will decide which side advances. But paras have effect also when there’s health still left.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Thank you Temuri - I saw something in chat but didn't pay much attention as I didn't quite understand what it meant, now it's clear.

Couple of things we’ve been thinking about:

1. Adding health ”cost” for lost airplanes, i.e. losing an airplane would hurt your side’s war effort. So you might make a sortie that destroys 1000 points worth of enemy targets, but get shot down resulting your side losing e.g. 200 points. We haven’t really thought about the individual plane type costs yet, but they should be high enough to make it worth your while to nurse a damaged plane home.

2. Having limited supply of ordnance (ammunition/bombs/rockets) on airfields, and connecting depots’ and bridges’ destruction to the time interval this ordnance supply is replenished. Players could also fly supply missions to replenish the ordnance. For example: airfield has 5000 kg of ordnance, you take two 500 kg bombs -> 4000 kg of ordnance left (minus some for the ammunition). Once an airfield runs out of ordnance, you can take only empty planes from the field. Would like to have this for fuel too, but it’s not easily implemented with current game functionality.

Comments?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Is it possible to R/R/R in the new IL2 ?

It is, but I don’t know if it will create entries of RRR in server logs. If it doesn’t, we wouldn’t be able to track the ordnance expenditure of RRR.

Good ideas, one of the things I like about Coconut's system is ordnance, attackable trains and supply columns, and plane loss tracking. I know plane losses are tracked but the # is high (70 per field?) so not really a factor.

19 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Couple of things we’ve been thinking about:

1. Adding health ”cost” for lost airplanes, i.e. losing an airplane would hurt your side’s war effort. So you might make a sortie that destroys 1000 points worth of enemy targets, but get shot down resulting your side losing e.g. 200 points. We haven’t really thought about the individual plane type costs yet, but they should be high enough to make it worth your while to nurse a damaged plane home.

2. Having limited supply of ordnance (ammunition/bombs/rockets) on airfields, and connecting depots’ and bridges’ destruction to the time interval this ordnance supply is replenished. Players could also fly supply missions to replenish the ordnance. For example: airfield has 5000 kg of ordnance, you take two 500 kg bombs -> 4000 kg of ordnance left (minus some for the ammunition). Once an airfield runs out of ordnance, you can take only empty planes from the field. Would like to have this for fuel too, but it’s not easily implemented with current game functionality.

Comments?

Sounds like Coconut's server :) Also adding logic to capture the enemy's supplies instead of destoying everything on the map...

• Upvote 1

Temuri, I am an atheist, but if I were a believer, I would thank God that he seems to be beginning to hear my prayers! :blush:  I also hope (and this is one of the main disadvantages of the server) that we will live to the point where you take away this shameful, arcade new visibility! :russian_ru:

55 minutes ago, Yarun_RUS said:

Temuri, I am an atheist, but if I were a believer, I would thank God that he seems to be beginning to hear my prayers! :blush:  I also hope (and this is one of the main disadvantages of the server) that we will live to the point where you take away this shameful, arcade new visibility! :russian_ru:

Temuri already turned off the Alternative Visibility mode.

Yarun is now a beliver !

😄

Thank you very much for reacting so promtly to our questions and requests, really boosts up the morale for us, the downside for you is that we will keep having complaints and requests :)

And here it goes: 

Is it possible to increase the period during which we have a certain planeset ?

Yesterday i dropped paras on dropzone but nothing happened, is it because i missed the dropzone, i was too low/high, i didn't wait enough before rtb & land, or other issue ?

Btw: if i land the ju52 inside the dropzone and eject the paras, will it cpunt ?

Is there a way to use the U2 for special missions like landing behind enemy lines to infiltrate spies/saboteurs ?

PS: We attacked tonight a ship convoy, it soon became very exciting as streams of tracees started to race towards our cockpits from the ships, really got our blood pumping.

8 hours ago, Yarun_RUS said:

I also hope (and this is one of the main disadvantages of the server) that we will live to the point where you take away this shameful, arcade new visibility!

You mean the Alternate Visibility that is currently off? :)

48 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Is it possible to increase the period during which we have a certain planeset ?

Yes, we have a control for this already.

Yesterday i dropped paras on dropzone but nothing happened, is it because i missed the dropzone, i was too low/high, i didn't wait enough before rtb & land, or other issue ?

Btw: if i land the ju52 inside the dropzone and eject the paras, will it cpunt ?

This happens sometimes. Possible causes: not enough paratroopers landed alive on the dropzone, or game logs bugged. IIRC, the paradrop listener is also turned off instantly when there are no Ju-52s in the air. I don't now remember if you can land first and then drop paras. Might be it works.

Is there a way to use the U2 for special missions like landing behind enemy lines to infiltrate spies/saboteurs ?

Not currently. We've been thinking about having it work as an artillery spotter (and on German side using the Stuka for this), but haven't made any decision. We pretty much know the logic (in mission and in campaign application) we would be using, but it would require using a complex trigger, and more complex triggers you have, more heavy mission.

We attacked tonight a ship convoy...

Yes, and just in case you didn't notice, there were a couple of more ships now :)

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

7 часов назад OpticFlow сказал:

Темури уже отключил режим альтернативной видимости.

26 минут назад LLv34_Temuri сказал:

Вы имеете в виду альтернативную видимость, которая в данный момент отключена?

: Хлопки:: Танец::хорошо:: Yahoo:: Запрещено::Спасибо:: Пионер::до свидания:: напитки::салют:

I'm sorry, but these are all the emoticons I found to reflect my emotions from the news! Thank you so much!!!
My ignorance of this news is due to the fact that I work 2-3 days in a row (48 -72 hours) and at the moment I am the third day at work. I will be able to take part in the game only tomorrow. Once again - thank you!

Edited by Yarun_RUS

11 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Would like to have this for fuel too, but it’s not easily implemented with current game functionality.

Actually this could be done so, that we just "close" the field if it runs out of fuel. For simplicity, we'd use this closing also when airfield runs out of ordnance.

Drawback is that the enemy will see that no one can take off from the airfield, but then again, the enemy will see that their supply line attacks have had effect.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

On the target we chose there were 2 destroyers, 1 sub and 1 small boat (probably torpedo boat), however our own 2 groups were so close to each other that it looked like 1 big proper ship convoy.

No fuel =>airfield not operational sounds good.

No ordonance, it should still be open and allow ju52 flights. Maybe no ordonance should mean just no bombs, bullets should be available as it is hard to belive they could run out of bullets.

Could you check if r/r/r leaves traces in the log ? I noticed that without the care of having to use the plane again, i tend to overstress it or even make some really rough landings (high speed no flaps), if i was properly motivated to take better care of it so i may refly same plane in next sortie, it would add a plus to the imnersion of the campaign.

Regarding the use of u2, it could be used on both sides just as ju52. Arty spotter would be really awsome !

In early planeset, what is thr tanks set, can we play with default tank (some pziii) ?

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

1 minute ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

No ordonance, it should still be open and allow ju52 flights.

Ah yes! Rear field should allow Ju-52 flights.

bullets should be available as it is hard to belive they could run out of bullets

How so? They're expended just as bombs are. :) But need to think. It would be simpler to implement to just have "empty" payload available for planes or field closed.

Could you check if r/r/r leaves traces in the log

I might have time during weekend.

I am asking too many things i know, If we can help in any way please let us know. For starters i will try to find out how rrr is implemented and will test to see if it is logged.

Re bullets, i have yet to find a case where they did run out of bullets on an airfield : ) but for the sake of easier implementation, it will do.

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Как же так? Они израсходованы так же, как бомбы.

I am agree with Temury, it shouldn't be anything forever, it should all be over!
Question: Will a full description of the changes be given? So, I'm falling down at work and don't know what's new? Unfortunately, I'm banned from my forum until December 14th and I can't bring these good news to the Russian community to bring more people to the game!

S!

The ammunition/ordnance/fuel shortage should accumulate over a longer time period. A base usually has enough items to operate for at least a week or more in full intensity. Let´s speculate that if a base has X amount of every item type at the beginning of the map and successfully defends depots or supply lines = no shortage. But if you lose planes and your supply is constantly attacked = lower amount of items across the bases. Making a working solution might be a huge task as there are quite a few of parameters that affect the outcome.

Example given from Schnaufer´s case is an extreme version. Germany was bombed and strafed day and night, supply lines aka railroads and marshalling yards under constant attack etc. This made delivery of supplies very hard if not almost impossible. But for gameplay´s sake the system should do something less drastic than just run out of stuff. Maybe limit number of plane types? Like no big number of bombers/attackers, if ordnance is running low. Fuel shortage could affect the nearby tank base as those things were thirsty for fuel. Ammo shortage could affect special ammo types, for example. But totally running out could prove to be a bit too harsh for gameplay. Not many fly supply planes as it is a tedious and slow process.

Ideas?

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 1

Please increase the time before rebooting the map after a warning. In a minute, you do not have time to return and, together with all the points you earned, you are captured. This is not fair, is it? And the tankers will be sad after three minutes. Is it possible to warn, for example, in 5 minutes, or at least 3 minutes?

Edited by Yarun_RUS

Yarun is right, more warning would be good. Although i generally use <tl command to keep track of time, but if virtual life and/or points are lost, then it would be fair.

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

Thank you for your support, Mytzu! I always watch tl too, but I mean the situation, when you go for the last target, after destroying which, you will move the front line. It's a one-way ticket, you're guaranteed not to make it home with your reward!

S!

When the warning comes no points after that are given or taken if I understand the mechanics correctly. On the other hand if there is less than 10min left and you take off to "get that one target" then not game´s fault but pilot´s ;)

Let me try to clarify my thoughts for the third time! Does the mission last for 5-6 hours always? No! When are they shorter than declared? When you manage to destroy more targets than the enemy and thus activate the inscription "front line shifts"! This is not because 5-6 hours have elapsed, but because you have destroyed a critical number of enemy targets. So, after this inscription appears, personally me and Mutzu have only 1 minute left to return home. Maybe you have more? I envy you! ;)

Edited by Yarun_RUS

S!

Virtual lives are not lost on mission rotation, all planes are considered landed.

Server now has Internet connection again, booting up.

• Thanks 1

The question concerning statistics on the site: more accurately shoots the one who has a number closer to 1 or 100? For example: the first player has an accuracy of "16" and the second player has an accuracy of "32" - who is closer to the sniper? Thank you!

And the question is: We have a saying, that if a man does nothing, he is the one, who does not make mistakes. . Unfortunately, during the whole game, I had 2 timkillas. What is the system of punishment for tymkillas? For example, after the third one there will be a ban? For how long? 

Edited by Yarun_RUS

19 minutes ago, Yarun_RUS said:

The question concerning statistics on the site: more accurately shoots the one who has a number closer to 1 or 100? For example: the first player has an accuracy of "16" and the second player has an accuracy of "32" - who is closer to the sniper? Thank you!

Accuracy and total score have nothing to do with each other :) ... The player with the highest score is on top.

19 minutes ago, Yarun_RUS said:

And the question is, we're told that the only person who's not doing anything is the one who's not wrong. Unfortunately, during the whole game, I had 2 timkillas. What is the system of punishment for tymkillas? For example, after the third one there will be a ban? For how long? 

Do you mean someone teamkilled you? Please report them to me (or Temuri) with private forum message with details (time and date). The system should detect teamkilling automatically. It allows one TK, because we are humans and we do mistakes. But after that one TK, if he does it again, the perpetrator will be kicked, and if he joins back and does it again, he will be banned for an hour, then 2 hours, 4h, 8h, 16h, 1day, week, month, year, 10 years.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

When the warning comes no points after that are given or taken if I understand the mechanics correctly.

Yes, when the frontline moving message comes, campaign system doesn't register any destroyed objects, as it's already generating the next mission.

About the ordnance supply thing... There needs to be a balance between realism and game. We need to make it simple enough that people understand why they can't have bombs from their airfield (and have chat tell that too). Persistence in this kind of thing would be nice, but it would require more logic to code, and would be more difficult for players to understand when something done in previous mission(s) have effect in current one (other than the frontline moving). It can also be easier to see that your attacks on enemy supply lines have effect, when the result is that an airfield "closes" in the mission that is running.

If you want something to make sense in next mission, you can have a message saying something like: "Airfield X needs resupply (it has no more fuel / ammo / planes)", think people will get the hang of it. 

I was thinking of allowing one planeset to run for at least 2 days (that would roughly mean 10 missions), this would allow a war of attrition until new planeset, for example:

- Red team destroys a total of  7,000 points of fuel and 900 points of trucks on Blue team's Rear Depo 

- Blue Team consumes a total of 30,000l of fuel in total

- Result: further away Blue airfield from Rear Depo, will have no more fuel => airplanes cannot takeoff from there

- Red team destroys a total of  9,000 points of storage/ammo and 900 points of trucks on Blue team's Rear Depo

- Blue Team consumes a total of 50,000 bullets & 45,000 tons of bombs in total

- Result: further away Blue airfield from Rear Depo, will have no more ammo => airplanes cannot takeoff from there (you can further split bullets from bombs, to allow bullets but no bombs)

- Blue team losses 20 Bf109F4 => no more Bf109F4 available unless resupply is made (you could make resupply from far behind and each airplane resupplied to front line  will give 3 airplane of that type to the airplane pool) or until default resupply kicks in (lets say the game resupplies a total of 6 aircraft per type per mission)

This way you could actually add a new type of target: airfield attack - I know AA is invulnerable, but the objective would not be to vulch players but to destroy parked aircraft in order to bleed the other team of aircraft, so invulnerable AA can stay and bomber pilots go high to stay out of harms way.

If you want I offer my help to do the math and come up with a better logic for all this (including numbers & objects).

Edited by D13th_Mytzu
  • Upvote 1

Now, on the map red fly to the target 5 squares, blue 1 square! Aerodromes set up AI? I thought people were setting up...;)

20 minutes ago, Yarun_RUS said:

Now, on the map red fly to the target 5 squares, blue 1 square! Aerodromes set up AI? I thought people were setting up...;)

There's no closer airfields for red side now.

Current setting for airfield placing:

Airfield minimum range to conflict zone: 15 km
Airfield minimum range to other airfields: 10 km