LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Posted (edited)

Added one new tank group version:

tankgroup.png

and infantry group version to the possible target groups:

infantrygroup.png

These can appear in the mission after next mission rotation.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Missions now have bridge targets. We can adjust the maximum number of bridges per sector per side. Currently, due to performance limitations, the maximum is 1.

Currently, the bridge AAA is a bit too far from the bridge itself, we'll address this issue next.

Posted (edited)

S!

If the bridge comprises of multiple segments, as is the case for pontoon bridges for example, then you have to destroy 50% of the segments for the bridge to be considered destroyed.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Hi Untamo (and all the Finnish pilot!)

EAF51 flew a lot in DCS WWII the last year, but right now we would like to fly some campaigns in il2 B. We had a quick taste of the TAW and we would like some more!

Is the Finnish server up?

24/7 or in dedicated nights?

Hi! :)

18 hours ago, EAF51_Jimmi said:

Is the Finnish server up?

24/7 or in dedicated nights?

Yes the server is up 24/7, minus some maintenance breaks, or bugs crashing it ;)

I really have mixed feelings about the AI fighters. What are the best arguments for keeping them?

20 hours ago, Porky said:

I really have mixed feelings about the AI fighters. What are the best arguments for keeping them?

They provide some opposition, when there are only a few human players on the server.

On 9/22/2019 at 11:55 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Server is down for migrating to new hardware.

Put server back on, migration might take longer than expected.

10 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

They provide some opposition, when there are only a few human players on the server.

Makes sense. Would it be possible to disable them when enough people are on?

10 hours ago, Porky said:

Makes sense. Would it be possible to disable them when enough people are on?

They are disabled when enough people are on. We can control the limit. Currently it's set at 16 players.

• Like 1

Right, that works!

Another thing, and something that is apparently keeping some of my mates from flying on Finnish... Would it be possible to remove the invulnerability of airfield AAA?

I'd suggest two things to make this work without encouraging reckless vulching, making it rather a tactical option:

1. Destroying airfield objects should not count towards the score of the frontline. That said, the airfields can be closed by flattening 80%(?) of the objects.

2. Make the airfield flak respawn very fast (this will also make the airfields open faster again).

The realism/immersion aspect is another thing, which I won't press. The main thing here is to give the players another tactical option. Finnish used to be an "all out war" server, and this will help make it so again!

11 minutes ago, Porky said:

Right, that works!

Another thing, and something that is apparently keeping some of my mates from flying on Finnish... Would it be possible to remove the invulnerability of airfield AAA?

I'd suggest two things to make this work without encouraging reckless vulching, making it rather a tactical option:

1. Destroying airfield objects should not count towards the score of the frontline. That said, the airfields can be closed by flattening 80%(?) of the objects.

2. Make the airfield flak respawn very fast (this will also make the airfields open faster again).

The realism/immersion aspect is another thing, which I won't press. The main thing here is to give the players another tactical option. Finnish used to be an "all out war" server, and this will help make it so again!

No. Even with AI skill set to High, it would be too easy to close airfields.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Shame, I don’t recall it being that easy in previous iterations of Finnish. 

Server is now running on the new hardware.

I added one infantry group per side to the frontlines, as well as increased the amount of possible bridges to two.

Also, as an optimist,  increased the maximum player amount to 84 :)

Let us know how the new hardware handles things.

The rest of the Bodenplatte planes were added to the rolling planeset. Also changed the duration of each set to be only one day. Current planeset is 5, so the Bodenplatte planes will be flyable by the weekend.

New tour (Q4 / 2019) was started in stats.

The player is still flying over Moscow / Stalingrad though, right?  😶

20 minutes ago, Leifr said:

The player is still flying over Moscow / Stalingrad though, right?  😶

Yes.

Shame :)

11 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Server will have Alternative Visibility setting on.

Nice! 👍

4 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

For testing purposes, we've been running Alternate Visibility Off for a couple of days now.

And came to the conclusion that we'll run with the setting ON for now.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Added a couple of heavy or overcast cloud configurations into the possible cloud sets. There's now 10/36 chance of light, 10/36 chance of medium, 4/36 chance of heavy, and 2/36 chance of overcast clouds. Heavy and overcast cloud level minimum is around 2000 m.

In addition, Kuban map implementation is nearing completion.

14.10.2019 в 18:03, LLv34_Temuri сказал:

And came to the conclusion that we'll run with the setting ON for now.

Hi! Many thanks for you server. It looks like the best choice for on-line.:good:

At the same time we (my friends and I) have at least one note about Alternate Visibility. (watch from 1.10)

Two A-20, two A-20....A-a-a-and... Three!!! A-20 :wacko: 

Is advantages of Alt Vis effects are really very important in compare with this bug?

Edited by TUS_KOPTuK
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TUS_KOPTuK said:

Is advantages of Alt Vis effects are really very important in compare with this bug?

I have witnessed same bug without AltVis when looking at ships on the Kuban testing we are doing now. So very likely, it's not only in AltVis.

5 minutes ago, TUS_KOPTuK said:

Many thanks for you server. It looks like the best choice for on-line.:good:

Thank you :)

Thank you for the server Temuri. Quick question, would it be possible to add statistics for the tanks? Also, could we have some kind of mechanic that spawns a rearm/refuel truck at the objectives in case we manage to destroy all enemies nearby? That way we dont have to respawn all the way back and drive again ...

4 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

would it be possible to add statistics for the tanks?

Neither of us is very proficient with python, so we'd need someone to help us customize the stats system for tank stats. Of course, I'd prefer that stats for tanks came directly from Vaal's stats system, without the need to customize, but he has said he won't be adding tank stats any time soon because of lack of free time.

4 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

could we have some kind of mechanic that spawns a rearm/refuel truck at the objectives in case we manage to destroy all enemies nearby?

This seems like a good idea. We could also disable the enemy tank spawn when doing this. Let's see.

Server is now running Kuban map.

• Like 1

On the new Kuban Map Blue must fly 100 Km and more, from Base to Frontline. Reds only 30-40  Km.

No Blue Player want to fly this Distance, wy no Base in Anapa?

So you do not get any Players on the Server.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

On the new Kuban Map Blue must fly 100 Km and more, from Base to Frontline. Reds only 30-40  Km.

No Blue Player want to fly this Distance, wy no Base in Anapa?

So you do not get any Players on the Server.

A good question, as there should have been a base at least in Gostagaevka and Taman. Need to investigate.

And I think I found the reason now.

Edit: Nope, need to keep looking.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

S!

Updated server with a map grid calculation fix. A bug caused the ground attack warnings to show wrong grid numbers. Also might fix some weird unit placement issues.

EDIT:
Also fixed the logic that updates the map (reloads mission) when one side has lost >75% of its frontline units on all sectors. Frontline + arty is counted on land sector towards this, and all ships on a sea sector.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

I have two question most likely they was asked many times before but i gonna ask you anyways. 

1. Does your server have AI? 

2. if not do you consider adding AI? in my opinion AI planes would add a lot of fun on quieter servers where is not many players

Next Kuban Map with no Base in Anapa and Gostagaevskaya.

Blue must fly on more then140Km! Reds ca. 60Km.

No Tanks, no Arty, only Ships.

No playable Tanks.

What is wrong?

Edited by 1./JG42flesch

12 minutes ago, Papa_Bear said:

I have two question most likely they was asked many times before but i gonna ask you anyways. 

1. Does your server have AI? 

2. if not do you consider adding AI? in my opinion AI planes would add a lot of fun on quieter servers where is not many players

There is. Border patrols and cover for depots.

3 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

No Tanks, no Arty, only Ships.

No playable Tanks.

What is wrong?

There likely is something wrong with the logic that selects the  airfields. For some reason the logic doesn’t traverse the underlying routes properly.

There are no playable tanks, because there’s only sea battles in the current mission.

I’ll rotate the mission. I thinknif there’s a land battle, there also should be Anapa and Gostagaevskaya available.

21 час назад, LLv34_Temuri сказал:

There likely is something wrong with the logic that selects the  airfields

As far as I understand, you've already done two maps - Kuban' and Stalingrad.
Will they change time-to-time? Honestly speaking, Stalingrad is much more interesting (for me, of course ;))

44 minutes ago, TUS_KOPTuK said:

As far as I understand, you've already done two maps - Kuban' and Stalingrad.
Will they change time-to-time? Honestly speaking, Stalingrad is much more interesting (for me, of course ;))

Yes. It’s possible to have Stalingrad too, but perhaps not very soon.

On 10/25/2019 at 7:44 PM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Neither of us is very proficient with python, so we'd need someone to help us customize the stats system for tank stats. Of course, I'd prefer that stats for tanks came directly from Vaal's stats system, without the need to customize, but he has said he won't be adding tank stats any time soon because of lack of free time.

Hi

i modifed and added some files to show tanks sorties also, posted mod here

Dont know if it will work for all tanks in game, also im not programer so i was just editing stuff to best of my knowledge, and it works ok when i tested it on local webstats with basic 2 tanks. 

Untill stats for tank missions get officaly added by Vaal you can try using this.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 2

On 10/31/2019 at 6:13 PM, 1./JG42flesch said:

The cause for this bug was found, and it's now fixed.

12 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Untill stats for tank missions get officaly added by Vaal you can try using this.

Will do. I'll run some tests on test server and try to have this running on the main server on the weekend.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

The Ships doesent open fire with his AAA to Attackers.

Thats not real and to easy to destroy 6x Ships in one Sorty.