Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

LLv34_Untamo

LLv34_Untamo
8 hours ago, -[HRAF]Blade18 said:

Hi There,

is TacView recording enabled on the server side? If I try to record anything, only .trk file is generated, no TacView .acmi. It works in single player flawlessly tough.

Thanks

Tacview recording is disabled due to it being written in real time.... which can then be read in real time to see the locations of every plane (in vicinity).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, beresford said:

How are the blues 'penalised' by only getting a limited number of wonderweapons? IRL the Russians made up for shortage of quality with weight of numbers, but the server aims to have equal numbers.

I'm well aware of the historical facts, however, this is a game and like any game you have to keep players interested. 

As I've said before, players care little where they play but will just usually flock to a populated server. It doesn't take much for players to move to another server, therefore, to maintain players interests, it is down to the guys who own the server to keep the server interesting and fresh.

You only have to look at other servers to see once popular servers that boasted of their continual numbers are now just 'another server'.

Therefore, at 6:1, I'm merely suggesting that perhaps it is time that this 'balance' is reviewed, before players move on. 

Regarding tanks, I for one would like to see anti-tank traps or even mines being positioned around objectives, if they keep tanks. 

Regards

• Confused 1

moriarty35

Tanks spawn camping airfields in an environment where proper lines of defense don’t and can’t exist is the best idea ever. Could be made better by installing health recharge stations in the hanger the tanks hide in, maybe some powerups along the way like a 16” naval gun upgrade for Pz 4s and T34s. There should be a flashing battleship turret icon too, obviously. That way it’ll be on them for ignoring a flashing icon and not on me for being more gamey than room temperature road kill. 😉

Edited by moriarty35

15 minutes ago, moriarty35 said:

Tanks spawn camping airfields in an environment where proper lines of defense don’t and can’t exist is the best idea ever. Could be made better by installing health recharge stations in the hanger the tanks hide in, maybe some powerups along the way like a 16” naval gun upgrade for Pz 4s and T34s. There should be a flashing battleship turret icon too, obviously. That way it’ll be on them for ignoring a flashing icon and not on me for being more gamey than room temperature road kill. 😉

Yep and rename it WT.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Mollotin
48 minutes ago, moriarty35 said:

if it bothers u so much, just never spawn on a temporary field.

102.R.dd_Blade18
4 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

Tacview recording is disabled due to it being written in real time.... which can then be read in real time to see the locations of every plane (in vicinity).

Thank you,

do you know about the anti-cheat playback delay, that can be set on the server side somehow (in DCS at least)? You can't instantly replay or review the last 10 (or set value) minutes of any MP Tacview recording to avoid any real time God's eye views...

DCS anti cheat delay

Edited by -[HRAF]Blade18

=Elite=BlitzPuppet
7 hours ago, Haza said:

Therefore, at 6:1, I'm merely suggesting that perhaps it is time that this 'balance' is reviewed, before players move on.

Right now it's 7:1 haha.  When do the blue wonder weapons kick in? 8:1?

On another topic, what happened to the stalingrad map?  Saw it switched last night and played a few bouts, then came on again to see it's at velikie luki again?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

Right now it's 7:1 haha.  When do the blue wonder weapons kick in? 8:1?

On another topic, what happened to the stalingrad map?  Saw it switched last night and played a few bouts, then came on again to see it's at velikie luki again?

Bloody hell, didn't that map only start about 20hrs ago?

CCG_Pips
3 hours ago, Haza said:

😂😂

LLv34_Temuri
8 hours ago, -[HRAF]Blade18 said:

do you know about the anti-cheat playback delay, that can be set on the server side somehow (in DCS at least)

This isn't in Il-2.

5 hours ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

what happened to the stalingrad map?

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Well, it was a setup with the Stalingrad pocket, so it was over quite soon :)

JG77_DavviZ

@HunDread

No worries mate, I was quite surprised at first and thought I miss ID:ed you aswell. Apologizing in a open forum for everyone to see is very honourable you! 👍

• Like 1

Mollotin

i just feel like that no planes can help blue side to win. reds are just generally better suited for low alt ground attack. That is how u win the games. yaks are very good at low alt, il 2 and pe2 12,7 tail gunners are just a little bit better that 110 or ju88 tail guns. Germany is famous for its fighter aces so of course it attracts certain type of players. add all these together and u have red side more effective in winning.

last time i cheked stats, the number of ac shot down was actually in favor of blue. but kills dont win battles.

• Upvote 3

beresford
17 hours ago, Haza said:

Regarding tanks, I for one would like to see anti-tank traps or even mines being positioned around objectives, if they keep tanks. 

6:1 is historical, the Russians WERE advancing at this phase of the war 😁. It's an interesting point as to how the Germans have better equipment and usually more players and yet lose the campaigns. One theory is that because the Germans have so many 'automatic' planes the noobs tend to flock there and then the grizzled vets go Red to balance up the numbers. Another is that while the Russians are goal-oriented the Germans are too busy having a disco over our Temporary airfields to attack valuable targets.

Tank play isn't as much fun as you seem to think, you often spend 40 minutes travelling to get somewhere only to get one-shotted through several buildings by the magic AI. Or you are almost there when the dreaded 'Frontline is rotating' message appears. As for mines, have you never heard of the famous invisible trees which can damage your tracks even in the middle of a clearing?

• Upvote 4

SYN_Ricky
18 hours ago, moriarty35 said:

The Germans on the eastern front had to evacuate airfields in a hurry, in front of advancing armoured spearheads, on several occasions...

• Upvote 2

ACG_Talisman
21 hours ago, JG1_Wittmann said:

Seems  like this has already been answered.

Thoughts ?

I think you are missing the point regarding the fundamental issues I am raising.  No matter how many in game messages/icons are given, I suggest that the fundamental issues I have raised for discussion remain.  There is no proper sophisticated ground army to counter the movement of tanks and enable realistic tank activity and outcomes on a predominantly air activity focused MP server.  Why treat tanks as a cling-on to a predominantly flight simulation server?  Better to provide a predominantly tank focused server as well as it can be possibly done, for the most realistic tank experience I would have thought.

Happy landings,

Talisman 

Suggestion:

Run the second Finnish pilots server as the Finnish Virtual Tank Drivers - Dynamic War.  Focus the server on tank action and tank battles.  Keep the majority of slots for human tank drivers, but allow limited numbers of selected anti-tank attack aircraft for human flight and an even smaller number of fighter aircraft, if AI pilot aircraft are not viable.  Start a thread for the server in the Tank Crew forum in the multiplayer section.  Design the server for more realistic tank action experience to benefit tank fans.  No temporary airfields.

Remove human tank drivers from the Finnish Virtual Pilots - Dynamic War server.  Focus the server on air action.

The reason that I suggest this is because I don't believe that combined arms is sufficiently developed yet to do justice to both tank drivers and pilots in terms of parity and realism on the server map.  

Edited by ACG_Talisman
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

CCG_Pips
1 hour ago, ACG_Talisman said:

I think you are missing the point regarding the fundamental issues I am raising.  No matter how many in game messages/icons are given, I suggest that the fundamental issues I have raised for discussion remain.  There is no proper sophisticated ground army to counter the movement of tanks and enable realistic tank activity and outcomes on a predominantly air activity focused MP server.  Why treat tanks as a cling-on to a predominantly flight simulation server?  Better to provide a predominantly tank focused server as well as it can be possibly done, for the most realistic tank experience I would have thought.

Happy landings,

Talisman 

Suggestion:

Run the second Finnish pilots server as the Finnish Virtual Tank Drivers - Dynamic War.  Focus the server on tank action and tank battles.  Keep the majority of slots for human tank drivers, but allow limited numbers of selected anti-tank attack aircraft for human flight and an even smaller number of fighter aircraft, if AI pilot aircraft are not viable.  Start a thread for the server in the Tank Crew forum in the multiplayer section.  Design the server for more realistic tank action experience to benefit tank fans.  No temporary airfields.

Remove human tank drivers from the Finnish Virtual Pilots - Dynamic War server.  Focus the server on air action.

The reason that I suggest this is because I don't believe that combined arms is sufficiently developed yet to do justice to both tank drivers and pilots in terms of parity and realism on the server map.  

One thing is certain, you are stubborn!!!!!!!

NO !! and NO !!!  A great majority of players does not look to a special Tank server.

We love to fight on same server with planes (fighters/bombers/attackers)  do you understand?

This is a LONG TIME you are bothering us with your complaints and same ideas from antoher time..........if you do not like this server, you can play on several other servers !!!

Right ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

JG1_Wittmann

Suggestion:

Tanks have been running on this server now for  over 4 years ?    If  people here do not like tanks being on the server,  then  don't fly on this server,  it's really simple.  Whining like a baby all the time about how there shouldn't be tanks,  when there have been  for along time , (over 4 years ?) is ridiculous.  If  a pilot, or a tank driver is too lazy, distracted, stupid etc  to check the map before spawning in, and you get destroyed right after,  that's on you, not on the person killing you.  If you ever bother to read the rules  on the map screen in game, it basically says anything goes, total war server, any dirty tricks allowed.   If you  do not understand  the rules because perhaps they are in a language you don't understand,  have a friend  summarize and explain them to you. If you just have poor reading comprehension in general, I will summarize, Anything Goes except intentional friendly fire,  talking nasty in the chat,  and chute-killing, unless they are paratroopers.  I'm sure there are plenty of pilots  that  don't like a tank at their temp AF, getting killed right after spawn, this rarely happens.  Tanks don't like being killed right after spawn either,  and that happens  a whole lot more  than the tank at the AF  without a doubt,  but,   that's the way it is, and if you spawn a tank and don't check the map,  or ignore the warning and get killed,  that's your fault, not the pilots.  Every time you spawn with an AC symbol near a tank spawn you are taking a chance,  most of the time you make it out to the trees and away,  sometimes you don't.   Oh well, that's how it is.   That may change some when the AA trucks are available,  even though we get the  crappy ones.  Will be fun to shoot down AC ,  and fun to blow up I'm sure

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

ACG_Talisman
4 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

We love to fight on same server with planes (fighters/bombers/attackers)  do you understand?

If you read my post then you can see that is just what I suggested, but with better realism for tanks so they don't have to play second fiddle on a server predominantly geared for air action.  Surely tank drivers would love that. 

Currently, it appears that some of the antics that tank drivers get up to are a jolly joke, so much so that I suspect they may be pilots at heart wanting to shoot aircraft and not that much interested in a more serous historical tank scenario.  Please try and engage without the personal insults.  Under the circumstances, what I am suggesting should be perfectly understandable I would have thought.  

Happy landings,

Talisman

[CPT]HarryM

Leave the tanks, server has had them a long time since way before it was high population. I think maybe adding some AT guns at the temp fields might be an option. If you are a pilot who is annoyed with them, if you are around at the start of the map and a temp field is in driving range of a tank, see if there are any bridges that if knocked out will bring a spawn camper some grief, after a long drive to have his way blocked. Also the buildings etc at the temp field don't seem to have a FF penalty or notice, so if a tank is in or near a hangar then bomb it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/22/2021 at 6:11 PM, CCG_Pips said:

😂😂

Almost as quick as the invasion back in '40.

I stand corrected, that invasion only lasted 46 days before surrender, although in a PC game probably equates to less  if Stalingrad equates to 20hrs in server.

Edited by Haza

CCG_Pips
10 hours ago, ACG_Talisman said:

If you read my post then you can see that is just what I suggested, but with better realism for tanks so they don't have to play second fiddle on a server predominantly geared for air action.  Surely tank drivers would love that. 

Currently, it appears that some of the antics that tank drivers get up to are a jolly joke, so much so that I suspect they may be pilots at heart wanting to shoot aircraft and not that much interested in a more serous historical tank scenario.  Please try and engage without the personal insults.  Under the circumstances, what I am suggesting should be perfectly understandable I would have thought.  

Happy landings,

Talisman

Sorry but first of all there is no personal insult in my post.

Then, what you are writing is wrong. Where do you see that the action of the tankers is only turned towards the antics and attack of enemy planes in takeoff or landing?

Luckily for tank players, there are a lot of other much more interesting actions to do on this server.

In addition, you offer another server reserved only for tanks with in an Air option, some slots for attackers  ..... in a way you offer tanks players to serve as targets for Stuka or IL-2 pilots  .... 😁 This is not serious.

Everything we can read about your proposal is that you don't like the tank option on this simulator (it's your own right) and you absolutely want to exclude tanks players by finding false pretexts.

beresford
19 hours ago, SYN_Ricky said:

The Germans on the eastern front had to evacuate airfields in a hurry, in front of advancing armoured spearheads, on several occasions...

On at least one occasion the Russian tanks found the airfield still active and the troop commander gave the order to ram the planes.

12 hours ago, ACG_Talisman said:

Happy landings,

Talisman

On the Red side we often call for air support, particularly when the enemy tanks are Tigers. Both air and tanks pass recon info. Sometimes a tank is needed to finish off a target, like when some enemy units are hidden in the woods and hard to see from the air.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

von_Tom

Seems to me that the invisibility bug and other weirdness started with the introduction of tanks.  I'm also of the view that this is an awesome server exactly how it is, despite the weirdness. 

On my occasional forays in a tank it is so atmospheric to see dogfights above and to see aircraft hunting me.  Until I hit an invisible tree, but that's another issue.  For the tankman it isn't perfect but like all things it is very rewarding if you accept the limitations.  A proper ground-based warfare situation is years off so embrace the tanks for what they are and leave them in.

Two suggestions:

Anti-tank at each airfield as already suggested.

Remove the icons showing enemy aircraft and tanks near friendly objectives.   Replace them with some text saying it but that's it.  Not so great of us in VR with no hud or messages, but it'll add a huge element of uncertainty as folks won't know if an enemy is still there after a while.

Most of all, remember it's a game.

von Tom

• Upvote 2

LLv34_Untamo
1 hour ago, von_Tom said:

Remove the icons showing enemy aircraft and tanks near friendly objectives.

This is a feature of the spawns (airfields + tank spawns), and we cannot control them.

• Thanks 2

wellenbrecher

Wait... so proper AFs are protected by invulnerable guns, you get a real time warning if there's a tank close to any field and yet it's NOT your own fault for being blown up by a tank on spawn?
Sorry... this is the same twisted non-logic that leads to people whining and whining about vulching when the game gives you every tool to avoid it.

How is this even an argument?🤔

Now whether or not tank players take up slots that are better used by planes I wouldn't know, but personally I definitely like the idea of combined arms. But I haven't been back to flying on Finnish for long enough and also am mostly on the LD variant where slots aren't much of an issue most of the time.

ACG_Talisman
15 hours ago, JG1_Wittmann said:

Suggestion:

Tanks have been running on this server now for  over 4 years ?    If  people here do not like tanks being on the server,  then  don't fly on this server,  it's really simple.  Whining like a baby all the time about how there shouldn't be tanks,  when there have been  for along time , (over 4 years ?) is ridiculous.  If  a pilot, or a tank driver is too lazy, distracted, stupid etc  to check the map before spawning in, and you get destroyed right after,  that's on you, not on the person killing you.  If you ever bother to read the rules  on the map screen in game, it basically says anything goes, total war server, any dirty tricks allowed.   If you  do not understand  the rules because perhaps they are in a language you don't understand,  have a friend  summarize and explain them to you. If you just have poor reading comprehension in general, I will summarize, Anything Goes except intentional friendly fire,  talking nasty in the chat,  and chute-killing, unless they are paratroopers.  I'm sure there are plenty of pilots  that  don't like a tank at their temp AF, getting killed right after spawn, this rarely happens.  Tanks don't like being killed right after spawn either,  and that happens  a whole lot more  than the tank at the AF  without a doubt,  but,   that's the way it is, and if you spawn a tank and don't check the map,  or ignore the warning and get killed,  that's your fault, not the pilots.  Every time you spawn with an AC symbol near a tank spawn you are taking a chance,  most of the time you make it out to the trees and away,  sometimes you don't.   Oh well, that's how it is.   That may change some when the AA trucks are available,  even though we get the  crappy ones.  Will be fun to shoot down AC ,  and fun to blow up I'm sure

I think I see what you are telling me.  You seem to be implying that tanks are a great vehicle for dirty tricks.  Very interesting.  I think you could be right.

P.S.  Please lets try and conduct our conversations in a civil manner. 

Happy landings,

Talisman

ACG_Talisman
4 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

Wait... so proper AFs are protected by invulnerable guns, you get a real time warning if there's a tank close to any field and yet it's NOT your own fault for being blown up by a tank on spawn?
Sorry... this is the same twisted non-logic that leads to people whining and whining about vulching when the game gives you every tool to avoid it.

How is this even an argument?🤔

Now whether or not tank players take up slots that are better used by planes I wouldn't know, but personally I definitely like the idea of combined arms. But I haven't been back to flying on Finnish for long enough and also am mostly on the LD variant where slots aren't much of an issue most of the time.

Seems to me that some folks are not addressing the core issues I am raising, in fact anything but.  Also, some previous posts have become somewhat less than civil.  Some folks seem to want to ignore the fundamental issues with the marriage. 

Please note that I am not trying to discuss or suggest what might or might not be someone's fault.  I am trying to address the core prevailing circumstances on the server as a topic for discussion and consideration.  Some thoughtful and considered responses would be gratefully received.

Happy landings,

Talisman 

3 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

Sorry but first of all there is no personal insult in my post.

Then, what you are writing is wrong. Where do you see that the action of the tankers is only turned towards the antics and attack of enemy planes in takeoff or landing?

Luckily for tank players, there are a lot of other much more interesting actions to do on this server.

In addition, you offer another server reserved only for tanks with in an Air option, some slots for attackers  ..... in a way you offer tanks players to serve as targets for Stuka or IL-2 pilots  .... 😁 This is not serious.

Everything we can read about your proposal is that you don't like the tank option on this simulator (it's your own right) and you absolutely want to exclude tanks players by finding false pretexts.

I don't think that you have seriously represented my suggestion or my position, particularly with regard to the possibility for more realistic scenarios for tanks and improved integration with air operations and combined arms. 

Happy landings,

Talisman

Doesn't ACG have a server Talisman? There are several excellent server options now in BoX.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Enigma89

Went into the testing server to look at what the new frontline will look like, check it out

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

=LD=dhyran
On 3/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, ACG_Talisman said:

Well, 

in all your points you forget ONE big issue!

We got hundreds of players who nearly plays exclusivly on a daily bias the finnish dynamic war server! Thats why the Server was allways full, everyday during the week and on weekends all the way. When we LD guys handed over our server to Temuri and Untamo we just wanted to have more slots to enjoy this wonderfull dynamic war scenario. On regular weekdays we have these days the first (original) server fully booked out and the LD server is up to 60-70 players booked. On Weekends we see that both servers fully booked out by players.

Because of that fact why anyone should change it the way you described it! Why on earth do you think it would be a great idea to switch the second server into a pure tank server? I tell you what would happend, the first server would be full as allways, the second server would be run down to zero players, because we HAVE tanks only servers todays, those are mostly empty too!

The key factor of the successfull way of the finnish dynamic war server is the rolling planset idea, and the mix of all different planes and vehicles, there are a lot of bigger squadrons who doesen't play tanks at all, but the mix is ok for them

Just as a sidenote, after all different spotlights, this is still a community driven project! We all have to be grateful that Tremuri and Untamo build this great playground for all of us. Thats why we LD handed over our server! For us LD Pilots the finnish dynamic server is our dedicated playground, we love it and we don't fly anything else. As an addon having a second server let us also avoid to disbalance too much, because we are currently nearly 20 very active pilots. Alone the monthly cost for the server is around 65€, beside the machine itself. So you have to spend min. 1000 € for a pure SSD build server, focused on single core max Ghz. So if you want to create a pure tank server, just go ahead build it, place it at a good datacenter with a brilliant uplink to DCIX and AMX.....hopefully now you got the main point

Snappy salute and thanks for your time

dhyran 

Edited by =LD=dhyran
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

wellenbrecher
2 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

Went into the testing server to look at what the new frontline will look like, check it out

*snip*

That looks fantastic and I am really looking forward to it!

If nothing else it should be much more enjoyable than seeing up to 20 Experten dunces circle a single small spot for hours...

I will miss the endless friendly fire messages though. 😄

Edited by wellenbrecher
  • Like 1

[F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly
On 3/22/2021 at 11:29 AM, Mollotin said:

i just feel like that no planes can help blue side to win. reds are just generally better suited for low alt ground attack. That is how u win the games. yaks are very good at low alt, il 2 and pe2 12,7 tail gunners are just a little bit better that 110 or ju88 tail guns. Germany is famous for its fighter aces so of course it attracts certain type of players. add all these together and u have red side more effective in winning.

last time i cheked stats, the number of ac shot down was actually in favor of blue. but kills dont win battles.

The historical pedant in me wishes to point out that Luftwaffe command was far less interested in actually confirming the kills their pilots claimed, the Nazi aces might be slightly overrated :P

Speaking of, I don't think superiour or inferior equipment is the cause of the Blue's Blues. On the server, the Blue pilots consistently score more kills, but whenever I play, the Blue pilots are always concentrated on the frontlines or even airfields. German bomber formations are extremely rare. Meanwhile, I've flown several bomber sorties were we simply did not get intercepted at all, including high level ones. The German attack and bomber planes might be worse at defending themselves, but this honestly shouldn't ben an issue considering the Blue fighters are clearly doing a better job then the Red fighters.

What is harming the blue side on the server is not a lack of good equipment or pilots, it is the strategy and tactics of the affair that's lacking. I realize this is historically accurate, but err...

• Upvote 1

wellenbrecher
1 hour ago, [F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly said:

The historical pedant in me wishes to point out that Luftwaffe command was far less interested in actually confirming the kills their pilots claimed, the Nazi aces might be slightly overrated :P

Speaking of, I don't think superiour or inferior equipment is the cause of the Blue's Blues. On the server, the Blue pilots consistently score more kills, but whenever I play, the Blue pilots are always concentrated on the frontlines or even airfields. German bomber formations are extremely rare. Meanwhile, I've flown several bomber sorties were we simply did not get intercepted at all, including high level ones. The German attack and bomber planes might be worse at defending themselves, but this honestly shouldn't ben an issue considering the Blue fighters are clearly doing a better job then the Red fighters.

What is harming the blue side on the server is not a lack of good equipment or pilots, it is the strategy and tactics of the affair that's lacking. I realize this is historically accurate, but err...

The folk I play with generally are very ground attack heavy and we've decided to go Blue with the next Tour for exactly that reason. So many beautiful untouched targets waiting for us 😆

Also Blue seems to get bridges as targets more often and blowing those up is just the best.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

JG1_Wittmann
8 hours ago, ACG_Talisman said:

I think I see what you are telling me.  You seem to be implying that tanks are a great vehicle for dirty tricks.  Very interesting.  I think you could be right.

P.S.  Please lets try and conduct our conversations in a civil manner. 

Happy landings,

Talisman

Are dirty tricks  not ok  on a server, that says anything goes ?     In a different thread,  you defend  chute killing a pilot,   you  seem to  be all over the place on things.  it's ok to chute kill a pilot  on combat box,   but it's not ok  for a tank to shoot a plane, or a plane to vulch a plane  etc ?

"think it is all part of the game.  Shooting parachutes is part of the design function of the game (simulating real life too).  My suggestion would be to get over it and move on.  Laugh it off and keep your spirits high.

Happy landings,

Talisman"

Perhaps  you should  follow your own advice  in the very very  infrequent event a tank kills  your AC  on a temp field  due to  inattention of the warning on the map,  so  laugh off tanks  and maybe move on ?

• Upvote 2

CountZero

First there is planty popular servers that have airplanes only, and on top LD hosts same type like this so there is same place to go when no room on VP.

There is not many tank players, so if you have tank only server it would not be populated, and that leads to not more players coming to play on it as players go where you have high numbers. So here its good for tank player to come as there is always people on, no mather if hes only tank player he feals like things are happening (unlike if hes first joining on tank only server, he would just not play and server is empty). I dont like tank selection in this game and think its hard to have tank v tank and thats why i can see why tank+airplanes is way to go when it comes to tank players and why its more atractive then only tank server.

• Upvote 2

Mollotin
13 hours ago, [F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly said:

Don't know how many german aces were Nazis, i bet a few at least. yeah of course their kill claims are exaggerated. (as well as everyone elses) But their fame ensures that many players wanna try the famous 109.

Edited by Mollotin
  • Upvote 1

Cybermat47
37 minutes ago, Mollotin said:

Don't know how many german aces were Nazis, i bet a few at least.

According to Luftwaffe ace Johannes Steinhoff's memoir The Final Hours, another ace named Heinz Wernicke was quite a fanatical Nazi. He apparently tried to make sure that everyone under his command read Mein Kampf, and had quotes from Hitler painted in metre-high letters on hangars. Steinhoff also reported that these ideas met with approval from quite a few of his peers.

And, of course, Hans-Ulrich Rudel was an absolute fanatic. He blamed the Wehrmacht generals for getting in the way of Hitler's infallible plans*, held the Jews responsible for WWII, helped numerous war criminals escape to South America, once went on a road trip with his buddy Josef Mengele to meet the inventor of the mobile gas chamber, and joined a neo-Nazi party upon returning to Germany.

*Those same generals blamed Hitler for getting in the way of their infallible plans, at least when they weren't busy denying any knowledge of the war crimes that they ordered.

• Like 2

1PL-Husar-1Esk
17 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

Good idea.  This could help with offloading concentrated  to  few places action and spread server load where now fighting turns into slide shows do to high AI and players congestion.