Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

LLv34_Untamo

Charlo-VR

As someone who flies both blue and red, including Tempests, I’d like to see some limits on Tempests. Perhaps not as limited as ME 262s, and also perhaps limiting Tempests to rear airfields. 

-SF-Disarray

If the Tempests are to be limited, surely the K4's would have to be limited too. While the Tempest is a fine plane it is in no way comparable to the 262. Personally, I think it would be a great idea to limit the top end planes of every plane set. It would add verity to the fighting, rather than just seeing the best plane each side has to offer slugging it out. It would also be nice to see a roll out on the optional extras for more planes, gun pods and so on.

• Upvote 3

LLv34_Untamo
11 hours ago, Yarun_RUS said:

Apparently, my knowledge of that war is quite tiny. After all, I also don't know how the Bulgarians, the Slovaks, the Hungarians, the Spanish Blue Division, the French Charlemagne, the Italians, the Croats, etc. In general, all those Nazi allies of the then European Union 1.0. Except the Germans! I know a little bit about them! ))) And since, if my eyes don't lie, the game features ONLY Germans and Russians from the 41-43 period and not Russians and Finns from the 39-40 period, the argument you cited does not seem correct to me.
But, you are patriots of your country and your history and therefore you are good! So, I understand your attempt to transfer problems of Finnish army to armies of Germany and Russia! )
By the way, you can point out to me that I did not list the Russian Wehrmacht formations. I am aware of them. On your server even plays the ideological descendant of the traitor General Vlasov, he lives in my country - when he enters the game, he says hello - "all hail" ! When a woman has an abortion, the fetus dies, but in unique cases survives, as here! )
In general, as I understand it, you and Temuri, not interested in offering us not a clone as the original server? Well, no so no. )

It's an concept, a concept that very much existed. And just FYI, we are in the process of changing the "German"/"Soviet" to "Axis"/"Allied" because of the mixed plane sets etc.

But just a hint, a general hint to make life easier:
If you want to give feedback to someone, and maybe even have an effect on the subject, don't piss on their work first and then try to give feedback.

Now you've just managed to aggravate me, and I'm just going to ignore you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Untamo, please ignore this person. It's just a diagnosis, nothing else. I really don't know why these neocommunist nerds try to insult other nations, talking so arrogantly. Numerous people here still think they are fighting a Great Patriotic Forum War or something, including "Nazis", "Vlasov", "Fascism" and other crap. Either way, it might be just a trolling, but in this case I doubt that.  

• Upvote 4

HunDread
2 hours ago, Udmurt said:

Untamo, please ignore this person. It's just a diagnosis, nothing else. I really don't know why these neocommunist nerds try to insult other nations, talking so arrogantly. Numerous people here still think they are fighting a Great Patriotic Forum War or something, including "Nazis", "Vlasov", "Fascism" and other crap. Either way, it might be just a trolling, but in this case I doubt that.  

This doesn't help either. Just ignore and let's move on.

TCW_Chattytumbler

Medals and Awards Guide with Quick Reference Sheet

Finally found all the medal images I needed to complete the guide. For any other players who love earning shiny medals this guide should help you focus on your goals. One of the best things about the Finnish servers is that you can earn medals from both the Axis AND the Allies in a single season without penalty! See you in the skies, pilots!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8ku4c2h8oraj7f/IL2 FIN Medals and Awards_03_2021.pdf?dl=0

• Like 2

LLv34_Temuri
13 hours ago, TCW_Chattytumbler said:

Medals and Awards Guide with Quick Reference Sheet

When talking about medals, my mind always plays me this video. It's in Finnish, but I think you'll be able to get the gist:

Anyway, thank you for going through the trouble of listing all the medals in one place.

• Upvote 1

beresford

Is it possible to dial down the anti-tank AI gunnery a bit? It stretches credulity that they can repetitively hit a moving target which is a speck on the horizon and behind several tree lines. Even more so when they are supposedly 'aiming for the tracks'. Of course they can fire through buildings, but the server can't do much about that. It's not so bad for the Germans, as hits on a Tiger or Panther just keep the crew awake.

LLv34_Temuri
1 hour ago, beresford said:

Is it possible to dial down the anti-tank AI gunnery a bit? It stretches credulity that they can repetitively hit a moving target which is a speck on the horizon and behind several tree lines. Even more so when they are supposedly 'aiming for the tracks'. Of course they can fire through buildings, but the server can't do much about that. It's not so bad for the Germans, as hits on a Tiger or Panther just keep the crew awake.

We are overhauling how the whole front combat area will be, so I can look into this at the same time. Currently, each AT gun / tank has a Force Complete: Low command effective, which basically means "fire at will". AI is on its lowest level, but it's still engaging from too far distance, I guess.

von_Tom

Just chucking this out there to see if anyone has any ideas.

Last night a squad mate had some weapon weirdness.  In the F2 or E7 - he could fire his cannons on the ground and for a short while in the air.  After that the cannon failed to fire with the all weapons command.  The mg still fired but not the cannon, and the ammo counter did not move.  The cannon could fire on its own with a different input.  The normal commands worked fine offline.

Could this be server oddness?  I can't see how as I'd have thought that firing cannons is solely client side, but I'm wondering if there is some interplay between the server and the client machine, like the invisible plane/tank bug that I only experience on this server.

Any ideas?

von Tom

As much as I love the server, I encounter more weird and unexplainable issues here than anywhere else. For the first time since the Loose Deuce server went up, we flew on original Finnish last night and half of us had the invisible plane issue. Personally, I would chalk your compadre's issue down to wonky server behaviour - maybe one day we'll have a functioning multiplayer experience.

Edited by Leifr

13/JG5_Luck

I would like to raise the same question as "wokeupdead" did on Monday:

"How is "Fighter Rating" (and "Attacker Rating" and "Bomber Rating") calculated on the stats page?"

And I would like to ask, how you calculate the average scoring for the total score? It's not calculated by these three components, I guess somehow you calculate the supply missions into it?

Thx for a quick answer.

SYN_Ricky
19 hours ago, von_Tom said:

Just chucking this out there to see if anyone has any ideas.

Last night a squad mate had some weapon weirdness.  In the F2 or E7 - he could fire his cannons on the ground and for a short while in the air.  After that the cannon failed to fire with the all weapons command.  The mg still fired but not the cannon, and the ammo counter did not move.  The cannon could fire on its own with a different input.  The normal commands worked fine offline.

Could this be server oddness?  I can't see how as I'd have thought that firing cannons is solely client side, but I'm wondering if there is some interplay between the server and the client machine, like the invisible plane/tank bug that I only experience on this server.

Any ideas?

von Tom

I had that happening a couple of times a few months ago, it drove me nuts....I ended up setting all fire groups and fire all guns on the same button, haven't had the problem again since. On the F2, the 20mm gun option is apparently not considered to be the same fire group as the default 15mm gun, which can cause it not to fire depending on how you set up your firing groups, had that happen in a co-op mission.

Edited by SYN_Ricky

LLv34_Temuri
22 hours ago, Leifr said:

As much as I love the server, I encounter more weird and unexplainable issues here than anywhere else. For the first time since the Loose Deuce server went up, we flew on original Finnish last night and half of us had the invisible plane issue. Personally, I would chalk your compadre's issue down to wonky server behaviour - maybe one day we'll have a functioning multiplayer experience.

Do you mean that the issues haven’t been encountered on the LD server?

6FG_Jakl

Please unnerf the 2500kg bombs, right now their blast radius is well below 20m even less than the 250kg bombs whats the reasoning for that? Unnerfing the big bombs would at least give reason to fly the 111 which sees practically no use right now because ju88 is superior in everything else

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Do you mean that the issues haven’t been encountered on the LD server?

Correct.

We are yet to encounter any invisible planes and otherwise erratic aircraft behaviour.

• Upvote 2

[U99]OttoU99

Finnish virtual pilot Loose Deuse on a wonderful server
TODAY
 At 14.03.2021 at 18:00 GMT + 0
 There will be a fantastic battle between the best Axis units and the Reds!
Those who manage to get to the server at this time will participate in a super-battle !!! Tickets are limited! )

LLv34_Temuri
On 3/13/2021 at 4:29 PM, I./TG3_Jakl said:

Please unnerf the 2500kg bombs, right now their blast radius is well below 20m even less than the 250kg bombs whats the reasoning for that? Unnerfing the big bombs would at least give reason to fly the 111 which sees practically no use right now because ju88 is superior in everything else

We don’t have control over bomb damage value.

On 3/12/2021 at 7:45 PM, 13/JG5Luck said:

"How is "Fighter Rating" (and "Attacker Rating" and "Bomber Rating") calculated on the stats page?"

And I would like to ask, how you calculate the average scoring for the total score? It's not calculated by these three components, I guess somehow you calculate the supply missions into it?

Thx for a quick answer.

As I’ve understood, it’s the same as for overall rating. @Enigma89 care to elaborate?

Enigma89
On 3/12/2021 at 12:45 PM, 13/JG5Luck said:

Thx for a quick answer.

This explains everything. The pilots rating hasn't changed. The only difference is that the new buckets ONLY sorties from planes from that plane classification. The mod was installed but it is NOT retroactive. I would put more weight on overall pilot stats for now until the stats reset in April 1. The individual rankings for plane classification/split ranking only started a week or so ago so if you have a high rank but your individual ranks are low its because it's not counting all of your sorties from this tour.

Edited by Enigma89

=Elite=BlitzPuppet
On 3/13/2021 at 8:29 AM, I./TG3_Jakl said:

I've noticed the bigger bombs don't do much damage vs smaller individual bombs.  I took that as a game issue not not server.  Is it really nerfed on here?

Nah, it's game wide...or at least online.

Edited by =Elite=BlitzPuppet

dukethejuke

Not a complaint really, but somehow I have been snagged for teamkill and ejected from game. I try very hard to ID planes( going as far as flying under plane to ID) before I pull trigger resulting sometimes in losing a good shot and or losing fight. But this time I was booted from game for being a rear gunner? I realize that i hit the tail in pursuit of charging foe on our 6 but... Realize how hard it is to program this awesome game but is there a reset? 

LLv34_Untamo
On 3/13/2021 at 4:29 PM, I./TG3_Jakl said:

7 hours ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

I've noticed the bigger bombs don't do much damage vs smaller individual bombs.  I took that as a game issue not not server.  Is it really nerfed on here?

Nah, it's game wide...or at least online.

Since Kuban release:

NO.20_Krispy_Duck
On 3/13/2021 at 11:16 AM, Leifr said:

Correct.

We are yet to encounter any invisible planes and otherwise erratic aircraft behaviour.

Same - my wingmen and I are getting the invis plane bug maybe 20% of the time. We also tend to get kicked en-masse maybe once every 3 nights. There's no consistency to getting kicked, though usually it's not on the first sortie. Usually it's several flights into the evening.

BG26_Ogg
On 3/10/2021 at 12:38 AM, -SF-Disarray said:

If the Tempests are to be limited, surely the K4's would have to be limited too. While the Tempest is a fine plane it is in no way comparable to the 262. Personally, I think it would be a great idea to limit the top end planes of every plane set. It would add verity to the fighting, rather than just seeing the best plane each side has to offer slugging it out. It would also be nice to see a roll out on the optional extras for more planes, gun pods and so on.

I seem to have this debate in almost every forum in IL2 as to what balances what.  As for date of first production and numbers built if you want to speak parity with regards to the ME262 and Tempest.  Both began production within a couple of months of each other, both had similar numbers with what would equate to 1.5 Tempests more being built per weekh, Both had similar missions numbers ran during the war. with Tempests doing low altitude missions (more dangerous) than the 262 high altitude bomber hunter missions (less dangerous) but both sharing an equally close number of kills on enemy aircraft and the Tempest having more kills confirmed of ground targets.  To say limit the 262 and let the Tempest run free for parity and equality is a false analogy with historical numbers.

EDIT:  With regards to the 109K4 variant
Deliveries began in mid-October 1944 and 534 examples had been delivered by the Messerschmitt A.G., Regensburg by the end of November and 856 by the end of the year.[105][106] Regensburg delivered a total of 1,593 by the end of March 1945, after which production figures are missing.

Manufacturer Hawker Aircraft Limited
Designer Sydney Camm
First flight 2 September 1942
Introduction January 1944
Status Retired
Primary users Royal Air Force
Indian Air Force
Royal New Zealand Air Force
Pakistan Air Force
Number built 1,702[1]
Developed from Hawker Typhoon
Developed into Hawker Sea Fury
Manufacturer Messerschmitt
First flight 18 April 1941 with piston engine (Junkers Jumo 210)
18 July 1942 with jet engines[1]
Introduction April 1944[2][3]
Retired 1945, Germany
1951, Czechoslovakia[4]
Primary users Luftwaffe
Czechoslovak Air Force (S-92)
Number built 1,430
Developed into Messerschmitt P.1099

Now numbers for the P47, P51, P38, those are a different story altogether

And as long as I'm thinking about it.....
Can WE get an updated aircraft list that has all the aircraft being used?  I'd really like to know when I'm up against the Hurricane 2.

Edited by BG26_Ogg
  • Haha 1

CountZero
32 minutes ago, BG26_Ogg said:

I seem to have this debate in almost every forum in IL2 as to what balances what.  As for date of first production and numbers built if you want to speak parity with regards to the ME262 and Tempest.  Both began production within a couple of months of each other, both had similar numbers with what would equate to 1.5 Tempests more being built per weekh, Both had similar missions numbers ran during the war. with Tempests doing low altitude missions (more dangerous) than the 262 high altitude bomber hunter missions (less dangerous) but both sharing an equally close number of kills on enemy aircraft and the Tempest having more kills confirmed of ground targets.  To say limit the 262 and let the Tempest run free for parity and equality is a false analogy with historical numbers.

Deliveries began in mid-October 1944 and 534 examples had been delivered by the Messerschmitt A.G., Regensburg by the end of November and 856 by the end of the year.[105][106] Regensburg delivered a total of 1,593 by the end of March 1945, after which production figures are missing.

Designer Sydney Camm
Status Retired
Indian Air Force
Pakistan Air Force
Number built 1,702[1]
Retired 1945, Germany
1951, Czechoslovakia[4]
Primary users Luftwaffe
Number built 1,430

Can WE get an updated aircraft list that has all the aircraft being used?  I'd really like to know when I'm up against the Hurricane 2.

And how many Allied airplanes were in air over germany on avradge vs how many axis ? place that in slots numbers per side and then we can talk about historical plansets. When you have no limits on slots per side to depict historical situation, focusing only on depicting airplanes types is rediculos.

If allieds were facing this situation we have online late in 44-45, they would be flying P-51H, P-63, P-72, P-80 and so on... Allieds had total air superiority in 44-45 they didnt have to putt thir best and top end fighter or send prototypes in fight.

So then you have to balance things in game to achive how they were in ww2, if you gona let axis have all types of airplanes no mather what but dont give other side number advantages, then you have to give them some other advantages and that = no limits on their airplanes. Limiting Allied stuff late in war and not limiting axis slots to 10-20 is favoring axis.

Edited by CountZero
  • Upvote 1

-SF-Disarray
1 hour ago, BG26_Ogg said:

Designer Sydney Camm
Status Retired
Indian Air Force
Pakistan Air Force
Number built 1,702[1]
Retired 1945, Germany
1951, Czechoslovakia[4]
Primary users Luftwaffe
Number built 1,430

Seeing as the server opps have no intention of making a historical simulation on their server based on the mission lay out and plane sets, I'm almost certain I've seen them say that somewhere, none of that historical data maters in this context. The fact remains that in terms of in game impact and performance the 262 is in no way comparable to the Tempest and the closest counter part to the Tempest is either the 109K4 or the 190D9. Now factor in to the matter that the number of every plane available, with the exception of 262's for reasons that should be obvious, is unlimited currently and it should be obvious that there is nothing historical about these scenarios. Because there is no historical constraint there is no reason not to make a change like I have suggested if it will make the mission more interesting and I still think it will.

CountZero
28 minutes ago, -SF-Disarray said:

Seeing as the server opps have no intention of making a historical simulation on their server based on the mission lay out and plane sets, I'm almost certain I've seen them say that somewhere, none of that historical data maters in this context. The fact remains that in terms of in game impact and performance the 262 is in no way comparable to the Tempest and the closest counter part to the Tempest is either the 109K4 or the 190D9. Now factor in to the matter that the number of every plane available, with the exception of 262's for reasons that should be obvious, is unlimited currently and it should be obvious that there is nothing historical about these scenarios. Because there is no historical constraint there is no reason not to make a change like I have suggested if it will make the mission more interesting and I still think it will.

I agre with you and i understand that this server dosent aim to depict historical battles, thats why if they wont to give eaqual chance to both sides, 262 in one side makes no sence, and making comparison of 262 to any allied airplanes also makes no sence, and having 262 is also not fair when your aim is not historical but balance dynamic war. Yes you should look at airplanes performances and then make planset by that, when i look at planset at this server it dosent say historical and for sure it dosent say balanced.

But you see people call for historical reaons to have this or that airplane and just  because it was historicly avialable so it haz to be avialable in game on 24/7 server no mather what, i just post why that is also stupid, as even if server decided to have fully historical maps, and historical airplanes but dont limit slots its not historical.

You can have coops that depict air battles in historical way, you cant have open 24/7 servers be historical without heavy limitations in numbers of slots and thats what people who wont all airplanes forghet every time they ask for historical planset.

24 servers in this game are not historical if they only look at airplane tyes used in battles and nothing els, lets have D.day and give axis all airplanes they had at bases at that day and call it historical, beacause they had thouse airplanes, now why they didnt use all of them in real battle oh who cares about that, lets just have them, i remenber how rediculos thouse missions looked in old 46 and how rediculos they will look in this game online, but airplanes types will be fuly historical and somehow it will look nothing like d day.

Edited by CountZero

=Elite=BlitzPuppet
34 minutes ago, -SF-Disarray said:

And what is the obvious reason that the 262 is limited? Because they are overpowered/unbalanced for the time, because of production numbers, or because of server balance? 

Either way it's not like blue is doing a stellar job at winning.  Right now at Q1 we're at 5 allied wins 1 Axis.  Q4 we were at 3 Allied wins 1 Axis. Q3 we were at 1 Allied 2 Axis.  I only started playing after the new year on the server so I can't speak as to how playable it was before now...but based on the numbers Blue has more active blue only pilots and tankmen.  Even with this being true Axis still struggles for some reason.

It's probably just that Red does a better job at working together while blue just fighter jockeys.  But I also have seen an HUGE influx of new players, and they do tend to all go Blue.  Just yesterday I was attacking the red tank front line in a HS-129 when I got jumped and shot down by a friendly 109.  It's absolutely maddening when you're objective focused and don't care about stats...but hey some people just have fun flying around and I can't knock that.

CountZero
5 minutes ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

And what is the obvious reason that the 262 is limited? Because they are overpowered/unbalanced for the time, because of production numbers, or because of server balance? 

Either way it's not like blue is doing a stellar job at winning.  Right now at Q1 we're at 5 allied wins 1 Axis.  Q4 we were at 3 Allied wins 1 Axis. Q3 we were at 1 Allied 2 Axis.  I only started playing after the new year on the server so I can't speak as to how playable it was before now...but based on the numbers Blue has more active blue only pilots and tankmen.

It's probably just that Red does a better job at working together while blue just fighter jockeys.  But I also have seen an HUGE influx of new players, and they do tend to all go Blue.  Just yesterday I was attacking the red tank front line in a HS-129 when I got jumped and shot down by a friendly 109.

Yes who knows why 262 is limited if aim is not historical, and if aim is balanced for both sides they why is 262 even avialable to just one side.

Its just stupid to call limitations for historical reasons whe aim is not historical battles. Rason whould be differant if something is off.

If axis is not able to win then something is also wrong if aim is balanced, if aim is historical , then they should not win, its simple.

Edited by CountZero

-SF-Disarray

The reason the 262's are limited, and I am legitimately shocked you couldn't see this on your own, is that even in the hands of a moderately skilled player the plane is nearly impossible to counter. In the hands of someone who is very good with it, like Kruppinski for example, you can run away with 13 kills unopposed in a single hour long sortie. If the 262's were handled like every other plane on this server when they are available you would see them sitting over the top of every Allied spawn point camping the server into the grave. In short, the damn things just don't make for fun game play for most people.

That the Germans can't win isn't my concern. Maybe they need to aim harder or something, I don't know.

=Elite=BlitzPuppet
8 minutes ago, -SF-Disarray said:

The reason the 262's are limited, and I am legitimately shocked you couldn't see this on your own, is that even in the hands of a moderately skilled player the plane is nearly impossible to counter. In the hands of someone who is very good with it, like Kruppinski for example, you can run away with 13 kills unopposed in a single hour long sortie. If the 262's were handled like every other plane on this server when they are available you would see them sitting over the top of every Allied spawn point camping the server into the grave. In short, the damn things just don't make for fun game play for most people.

That the Germans can't win isn't my concern. Maybe they need to aim harder or something, I don't know.

A lot of the people I see fly 262s try turn fighting in them and get absolutely obliterated since they have such awful acceleration.  Then poof they're all shot down and no one can fly them anymore.

I agree they should be limited, but it'd be nice if they got resupplied maybe 1 plane out of a Ju52 run.

-SF-Disarray

Sucks to suck I guess. Maybe they should just get good too. After all that is what I'm told when the server is stacked 50 to 15. 

CountZero

So we come to conclusion that they are limited purly for balance, so comparing them to Tempest and asking for its limitation beacause historical reasons makes no cence then. If limit one airplane for balance and other for historical reasons is way this works then thats some strange way to selet plansets.

So to me it looks like planset is selected by servers hosts view of what is balanced, like on most servers in this game. So historical comparisons make 0 point.

Now if axis cant win then something is wrong with balance and if reason they cant win is they have poor airplanes that can easy be changed, if reason is their players are not good then that can also be changed, just gie them better airplanes and test it for one tour, make all axis airplane unlimited and axis will for sure win ? 

Edited by CountZero

315_R2r

:) I have my personal opinion about Me-262 in the planset (op - no counter measure for it in air) as well as for Tiger and Panther and now Ferdinand in the tankset ( same, op - no real counter measure for it on the ground ) - that is why I don't play on Finish server recently :) - also my personal choice.... (even I like the concept and the server and the rules a lot)

So I would not look in the reason of blue loosing recently few missions in the planset or tankset (which IMHO are not balanced) - rather in the fulfilment of particular objectives to win the mission.... :)

• Sad 1

NO.20_Krispy_Duck

I take the "historical realism" with a pinch of salt in BoX - limited plane set in a limited setting. And many people are flying to have fun and not necessarily reenact a set of circumstances online. The historical aspect is important, but there are still the constraints. Many planes that were in service that are not in the game, or at least not flyable by humans in the game. It's a fun game, and the Finnish missions are interesting, but the limitations are what they are. In a limited setting, the 262 is part of the landscape. I could see some limitations on the number of Tempests, though not as strict as the 262. The 262 is in a league of its own when flow by a good pilot.

The thing I like is retaining early war type planes into later scenarios as "back up" or "rear guard" type aircraft. CombatBoX does this with the Hurricanes and P-40s. Sometimes it's just fun to mix it up in a Hurricane or bomb a target with a P-40, even if you're outmatched.

Black-Witch
17 hours ago, NO.20_Krispy_Duck said:

Same - my wingmen and I are getting the invis plane bug maybe 20% of the time. We also tend to get kicked en-masse maybe once every 3 nights. There's no consistency to getting kicked, though usually it's not on the first sortie. Usually it's several flights into the evening.

I agree, my wingman and I often have the invisible plane bug (20%) when we spawn in, I guess those pilots that fly alone don't have a way of knowing they're invisible, it's only when your wingman says, "I can't see you" that you know one of you is invisible!

On the Loose Deuce Server we haven't experienced invisible planes, I nearly wrote, "we haven't seen invisible planes" but that would be confusing.

Edited by Black-Witch
  • Upvote 1

LLv34_Untamo

To put some light into the plane sets:
- We want to have all the "toys" available for the players. Me262 being the only exception being limited due to balance issues.

- We pit contemporary planes against each other according to their entry into combat operations and progress these sets so that every plane gets their chance to be useful.

That's it. No other logic behind it.

• Thanks 1

Mollotin
16 hours ago, CountZero said:

If axis is not able to win then something is also wrong if aim is balanced, if aim is historical , then they should not win, its simple.

🤦‍♂️  u saying cause axis lost the war they should not win any single battle?? im pretty sure they were able to win number of battles despite losing the war.