Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

rogueblade
9 hours ago, Charlo-VR said:

Generally the SRS and Discord channels are pretty quiet for both Finnish servers, especially compared to Combat Box. I suspect we have a wider range of native languages spoken by those who frequent the Finnish servers, and perhaps there are more squads flying together there, so using their own private channels.

I am almost always running SRS but tend to stay on the quiet side since I'm often concentrating on how to get myself out of the latest dire situation I've just gotten into ūüėõ

Still, I miss all the chatter I hear more often on Comnbat Box, and not just from the engaging bots they have there

Hmmm ok, it's a shame if the voice chat population is split between Discord and SRS when it's already small. I need to look into what SRS even is and how to use it.

I just want someone to work alongside while I play, otherwise the MP experience feels so dry and empty :( It also seems a lot of flight simmers haven't modernised with the times and use legacy software like Teamspeak....

Edited by rogueblade
=Elite=BlitzPuppet
5 hours ago, rogueblade said:

Hmmm ok, it's a shame if the voice chat population is split between Discord and SRS when it's already small. I need to look into what SRS even is and how to use it.

I just want someone to work alongside while I play, otherwise the MP experience feels so dry and empty :( It also seems a lot of flight simmers haven't modernised with the times and use legacy software like Teamspeak....

You can include me as one of the old timer flight simmers that haven't modernized.  We pay for our own TS server and use it within our squadron/friends.

I refuse to use discord.  SRS is definitely good though but like stated earlier not many people are on it.

Edited by =Elite=BlitzPuppet
LLv34_Temuri
1 hour ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Stats stuck again?

It had gotten stuck, but works now. Didn’t need to delete mission logs this time.

JG1_Wittmann
9 hours ago, rogueblade said:

It also seems a lot of flight simmers haven't modernised with the times and use legacy software like Teamspeak....

I could be wrong,   and it wouldn't be the first time,,,   my understanding is that discord does not allow you to set up whispers to other channels like teamspeak.  I think that reason is why alot of squads use ts instead.  They get to have comms on their own server and limit it to  their squad so it doesn't get jammed up.   Not all of the flyer or tankers on the servers are  lone players looking to coordinate, quite often you will have squads go on a server in a group with a predetermined tgt,  and have a size group on  voice comms that they feel is  enough

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
56RAF_Stickz
19 hours ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

You can include me as one of the old timer flight simmers that haven't modernized.  We pay for our own TS server and use it within our squadron/friends.

Our squad too, teamspeak is superior in virtually every important way to his "modern" discord. Why downgrade to something modern when superior facilities are available

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
rogueblade

haha, well its clear enough that neither of you are up for any reasonable form of debate, so I won't bother :P

=LD=dhyran

well we switched from 20 years TS to discord, and enjoyed all the nice features it got, and at the age over 55 years and flying online since 1997 i guess i might be an oldtimer too. But if my mom with her age at 82 can book online operas at vienna, its not too much effort to learn some new features...... once used to discord, you never switch back to TS

Edited by =LD=dhyran
  • Like 1
SV7_Zommer

Greetings!
I have a request to the administration of the "Finnish virtual pilots" server. Could you make statistic count player controlled tanks as medium/heavy armour unit? At the moment destroyed player controlled tank does not count in statistics.
Please pay your attention to Vaal's statistics at one of the game servers.
This statistics counts  player controlled and AI controlled vehicles separately
Screenshot attached
You can see player and AI controlled tanks in it
Please add this option to your server stats
Thanks in advance

Spoiler

Screenshot_22.png

Edited by SV7_Zommer
  • Upvote 1
453=Whittle
18 hours ago, =LD=dhyran said:

once used to discord, you never switch back to TS

That's funny, my group did exactly the opposite.

• Upvote 2
LLv34_Temuri
15 hours ago, SV7_Zommer said:

Greetings!
I have a request to the administration of the "Finnish virtual pilots" server. Could you make statistic count player controlled tanks as medium/heavy armour unit? At the moment destroyed player controlled tank does not count in statistics.
Please pay your attention to Vaal's statistics at one of the game servers.
This statistics counts  player controlled and AI controlled vehicles separately
Screenshot attached
You can see player and AI controlled tanks in it
Please add this option to your server stats
Thanks in advance

I have an idea how this is done, but need to investigate.

Diggun

Jsut an inquiry, have you guys rolled back the incidence of bad weather? It's been nothing but blue skies or light clouds that I've seen recently :(

#bringbackthegloom!

LLv34_Temuri
Just now, Diggun said:

Jsut an inquiry, have you guys rolled back the incidence of bad weather? It's been nothing but blue skies or light clouds that I've seen recently :(

#bringbackthegloom!

No. That's statistics for you. :)

I did raise the minimum level of the overcast clouds to 1000 m.

• Thanks 1
Enigma89

I figured I will repost this in here because I saw a bunch of new people asking common questions this week. I think I may do one specific to the paradrops when I get time (aka when a rear airfield is close to para zone) :) Speaking of which, any thoughts of moving ju-52s up to frontline airfields and not just rear?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
rogueblade
1 hour ago, Enigma89 said:

I figured I will repost this in here because I saw a bunch of new people asking common questions this week. I think I may do one specific to the paradrops when I get time (aka when a rear airfield is close to para zone) :) Speaking of which, any thoughts of moving ju-52s up to frontline airfields and not just rear?

thank you! This was massively help me in ths server and Combat Box, both of which I have no idea what to do apart from guesstimate where I'm flying and fight whatever  run into...

=LD=dhyran
5 hours ago, 453=Whittle said:

That's funny, my group did exactly the opposite.

I can understand why, becasue first time usage discord seems to be too much click and chat and buttons all over the place, but after a while, it all makes sense, and as addon, you can see who ist online at all whitout switching servers. You can see friends hanging out on other servers, while you stick on your own. makes it way easier to communicate between squads etc

kestrel79

Thanks for the video I'll check it out.

ACG_Talisman
2 hours ago, =LD=dhyran said:

I can understand why, becasue first time usage discord seems to be too much click and chat and buttons all over the place, but after a while, it all makes sense, and as addon, you can see who ist online at all whitout switching servers. You can see friends hanging out on other servers, while you stick on your own. makes it way easier to communicate between squads etc

I think that you will find that Discord is all about data mining as a business model.

• Upvote 2
1./JG42flesch

Losse Deuce Planset 1

Hurricane with 4x 20mm and Me 109 F2 with one 15mm and 2x 7,92mm MG, no 20mm!

Totally unfair Weapon Planset.

Edited by 1./JG42flesch
  • Haha 1
rogueblade

Howcome I can't see the Hurricane in the plane set list on the first post of pg1?

Had loads of fun in the sever tonight, got my first ever 2 kill sortie on some FW190s who were too fixated on a shiny p38¬†ūüėĄ

Was still really lonely though, literally no comms (SRS, discord). Guess you need to be a squadron to get the true MP experience? :(

Edited by rogueblade
LLv34_Temuri
6 hours ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Losse Deuce Planset 1

Hurricane with 4x 20mm and Me 109 F2 with one 15mm and 2x 7,92mm MG, no 20mm!

Totally unfair Weapon Planset.

Yes. Perhaps we should revert to the previous version. You know, the one without F-2 at all. Only the Macchi with its 2x12mm and 2x20mm. Seems more fair, right?

3 hours ago, rogueblade said:

Howcome I can't see the Hurricane in the plane set list on the first post of pg1?

This is more up to date:

Http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/info/

• Thanks 1
OneGunnerUnder

Which aircraft are used as supply planes for Russia and Germany respectively?

LLv34_Temuri
16 hours ago, OneGunnerUnder said:

Both have Ju-52. In addition, German side has He-111 (both) and Ju-88, USSR side has Pe-2 (both) and A-20.

• Like 1
LLv34_Untamo
16 hours ago, OneGunnerUnder said:

More generic answer:
Any plane from the supply airstart. They are all named: "supply"

• Like 1
WokeUpBlue

How is "Fighter Rating" (and "Attacker Rating" and "Bomber Rating") calculated on the stats page?

VBF-12_Sluggo

I have a quick question,  I usually do not manage the squad admin, but how do you get website and logo on the squad stats page.  

LLv34_Temuri
6 hours ago, VBF-12_Sluggo said:

I have a quick question,  I usually do not manage the squad admin, but how do you get website and logo on the squad stats page.  

Squad admin can add those in the squad profile accessible via "My Squad" tab on the admin's Profile page.

Yarun_RUS

Good afternoon, Finnish friends!
I haven't flown with you for over a year and I am finally excited to start! I have flown with you on LOOSE DEUCE for a few days now. Everything is of high quality as always! But there are a few "buts"!
1. Why is there no anti-aircraft artillery on the airfields from which the pilots take off? It is there, but does not protect its pilots, it farts and does not shoot at the enemy. On all serious servers pilots in a difficult situation go under the protection of their airfields, here it is useless - they do not protect!
2. On the targets of the attacks I propose to replace all heavy anti-aircraft guns on the pink ponies, the effect will be the same, but will look fairer! Of course this is sarcasm, but sarcasm is sad! May I ask what level of refinement the anti-aircraft guns are at? I think the answer is known in advance. The heavy anti-aircraft guns are at zero, am I not mistaken? Friends, it is not normal for a serious server when one attack aircraft without stress and without losses for one flight destroys all anti-aircraft cover (railroad junction, warehouses and artillery positions). The situation is somewhat better at tank positions, but only due to the large number of medium and small anti-aircraft guns (I don't take pink ponies into account!)
Dear friends, is it possible to make at least one of your two servers with good anti-aircraft artillery? For example - LOOSE DEUCE! On the old server, let the pilots storm the weak AAA, if they like it so much! I can give my opinion: either bring ALL anti-aircraft guns to medium level, or greatly increase their number, as on the tank bases, but with the conversion of pink ponies back into heavy anti-aircraft guns! As for airfields, anti-aircraft cover should be at maximum level and in numbers.
Thank you for your work and attention, dear Finnish friends!

Edited by Yarun_RUS
HunDread
1 hour ago, Yarun_RUS said:

Good afternoon, Finnish friends!
I haven't flown with you for over a year and I am finally excited to start! I have flown with you on LOOSE DEUCE for a few days now. Everything is of high quality as always! But there are a few "buts"!
1. Why is there no anti-aircraft artillery on the airfields from which the pilots take off? It is there, but does not protect its pilots, it farts and does not shoot at the enemy. On all serious servers pilots in a difficult situation go under the protection of their airfields, here it is useless - they do not protect!
2. On the targets of the attacks I propose to replace all heavy anti-aircraft guns on the pink ponies, the effect will be the same, but will look fairer! Of course this is sarcasm, but sarcasm is sad! May I ask what level of refinement the anti-aircraft guns are at? I think the answer is known in advance. The heavy anti-aircraft guns are at zero, am I not mistaken? Friends, it is not normal for a serious server when one attack aircraft without stress and without losses for one flight destroys all anti-aircraft cover (railroad junction, warehouses and artillery positions). The situation is somewhat better at tank positions, but only due to the large number of medium and small anti-aircraft guns (I don't take pink ponies into account!)
Dear friends, is it possible to make at least one of your two servers with good anti-aircraft artillery? For example - LOOSE DEUCE! On the old server, let the pilots storm the weak AAA, if they like it so much! I can give my opinion: either bring ALL anti-aircraft guns to medium level, or greatly increase their number, as on the tank bases, but with the conversion of pink ponies back into heavy anti-aircraft guns! As for airfields, anti-aircraft cover should be at maximum level and in numbers.
Thank you for your work and attention, dear Finnish friends!

In one of my sorties I managed to run to the safety of a friendly AF and the AA guns quite effectively managed to shoot down the enemy chasing my tail. 

I believe the AA is missing only on the temporary AFs. Probably there's a reason for that.

LLv34_Temuri

1. Why is there no anti-aircraft artillery on the airfields from which the pilots take off?

Temporary airfields do not have AAA. You accept the risk when spawning on one.

Dear friends, is it possible to make at least one of your two servers with good anti-aircraft artillery?

No. Generic feedback about AAA (or rather, the lack of feedback) tells us it's been ok now.

• Upvote 1
Yarun_RUS
16 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Temporary airfields do not have AAA. You accept the risk when spawning on one.

Strong solution for a real war simulator! )))

16 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

No. Generic feedback about AAA (or rather, the lack of feedback) tells us it's been ok now.

Your answer, unfortunately, is unequivocal! Well, well, let's fly with you until Zlodey finish the server -DED-Il2-expert, there strangeness in the form of a frontline airfield without anti-aircraft protection, is not expected. 

28 minutes ago, HunDread said:

In one of my sorties I managed to run to the safety of a friendly AF and the AA guns quite effectively managed to shoot down the enemy chasing my tail. 

I was talking about the temporary airfields to which we drive the sapley

29 minutes ago, HunDread said:

I believe the AA is missing only on the temporary AFs. Probably there's a reason for that.

No logical reason, there can't be!

Edited by Yarun_RUS
LLv34_Untamo
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Yarun_RUS said:

No logical reason, there can't be!

As said, only the temporary airfields have no AAA. The front and rear airfields do have invulnerable AAA. So 4 out of 6 airfields on both sides have AAA.

The logic behind the temporary airfields is that they are, as the name suggests, temporary/emergency airfields, and they are disabled at mission start. They can be opened and supplied with planes by players, if they choose to do so. The temporary airfields can bring the advantage of being much closer to the border, but also the risk of being totally unprotected.

And as they are unprotected, the player should take extra care in checking (the blinking enemy icon) that they don't spawn on one when it is under attack.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 2
Yarun_RUS

Thank you for your comprehensive answer, Untamo! The fact that on a frontline airfield, the command places combat planes, fuel, ammunition, personnel without the cover of anti-aircraft guns, speaks not about the presence of logic, but about "pink ponies" in the head of those who came up with the idea of introducing such into the WW2 SIMULATOR! )))
Please consider the idea, make the second server a little more difficult, in the framework of which I wrote above (everywhere the average level of anti-aircraft guns and increase their number to about the level of tank bases. You have a large number of good and experienced Virpils flying and if you and Temuri move Loose Deuse from the category of primitive clone to another quality server, a little more difficult, pilots will thank you! After all, the more good, high-quality and most importantly DIFFERENT servers, the better, isn't it? )

Why not, do it for a week, as an experiment and see the feedback from the pilots? 

Edited by Yarun_RUS
  • Sad 1
LLv34_Untamo

The fact that on a frontline airfield, the command places combat planes, fuel, ammunition, personnel without the cover of anti-aircraft guns, speaks not about the presence of logic, but about "pink ponies" in the head of those who came up with the idea of introducing such into the WW2 SIMULATOR! )))

Well, then I find your historical knowledge lacking. During the war, Finns used a lot of "work airfields" (finnish: "työkenttä") which were basically just a field, or lake ice close to the combat area, and a barrel of fuel sitting nearby. These were short use, temporary airfields, and often due to lack of equipment, with no AAA cover. But sure, historical facts are just pink pony fantasies in our heads.

• Upvote 4
Yarun_RUS
1 hour ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

During the war, Finns

Apparently, my knowledge of that war is quite tiny. After all, I also don't know how the Bulgarians, the Slovaks, the Hungarians, the Spanish Blue Division, the French Charlemagne, the Italians, the Croats, etc. In general, all those Nazi allies of the then European Union 1.0. Except the Germans! I know a little bit about them! ))) And since, if my eyes don't lie, the game features ONLY Germans and Russians from the 41-43 period and not Russians and Finns from the 39-40 period, the argument you cited does not seem correct to me.
But, you are patriots of your country and your history and therefore you are good! So, I understand your attempt to transfer problems of Finnish army to armies of Germany and Russia! )
By the way, you can point out to me that I did not list the Russian Wehrmacht formations. I am aware of them. On your server even plays the ideological descendant of the traitor General Vlasov, he lives in my country - when he enters the game, he says hello - "all hail" ! When a woman has an abortion, the fetus dies, but in unique cases survives, as here! )
In general, as I understand it, you and Temuri, not interested in offering us not a clone as the original server? Well, no so no. )

Edited by Yarun_RUS
  • Sad 1
[U99]OttoU99
2 —á–į—Ā–į –Ĺ–į–∑–į–ī, Yarun_RUS —Ā–ļ–į–∑–į–Ľ:

Apparently, my knowledge of that war is quite tiny. After all, I also don't know how the Bulgarians, the Slovaks, the Hungarians, the Spanish Blue Division, the French Charlemagne, the Italians, the Croats, etc. In general, all those Nazi allies of the then European Union 1.0. Except the Germans! I know a little bit about them! ))) And since, if my eyes don't lie, the game features ONLY Germans and Russians from the 41-43 period and not Russians and Finns from the 39-40 period, the argument you cited does not seem correct to me.
But, you are patriots of your country and your history and therefore you are good! So, I understand your attempt to transfer problems of Finnish army to armies of Germany and Russia! )
By the way, you can point out to me that I did not list the Russian Wehrmacht formations. I am aware of them. On your server even plays the ideological descendant of the traitor General Vlasov, he lives in my country - when he enters the game, he says hello - "all hail" ! When a woman has an abortion, the fetus dies, but in unique cases survives, as here! )
In general, as I understand it, you and Temuri, not interested in offering us not a clone as the original server? Well, no so no. )

No need to change anything! All perfectly! Thank you!

• Upvote 1
JG1_Wittmann

Perhaps I was mistaken,  but I thought that all of the good and experienced pilots,   went back to combat box,  or etc server,  after  coming here and complaining about , lack of AA at temps,   tanks at temps, or tanks in general, or  etc  etc.   It seems  to me, and quite a large # of others  that the Finnish crew  have a pretty good set up  if you look at the  pop. #'s  on the server  every night.  If what they were doing was so screwed up,  would you have to  wait to get on the server ?   That  in and of itself  makes the LD server  very nice  as you don't have to wait, you just hop in there and  do  a diff plane set/map,  is kind of nice for a change

• Like 1
JG77_Ammi
6 hours ago, Yarun_RUS said:

Thank you for your comprehensive answer, Untamo! The fact that on a frontline airfield, the command places combat planes, fuel, ammunition, personnel without the cover of anti-aircraft guns, speaks not about the presence of logic, but about "pink ponies" in the head of those who came up with the idea of introducing such into the WW2 SIMULATOR! )))
Please consider the idea, make the second server a little more difficult, in the framework of which I wrote above (everywhere the average level of anti-aircraft guns and increase their number to about the level of tank bases. You have a large number of good and experienced Virpils flying and if you and Temuri move Loose Deuse from the category of primitive clone to another quality server, a little more difficult, pilots will thank you! After all, the more good, high-quality and most importantly DIFFERENT servers, the better, isn't it? )

Why not, do it for a week, as an experiment and see the feedback from the pilots? 

over 7000 pilots flying on this server in the last 2 1/4 months speaks for the concept of this server. in not even a year the finnish outran all the other servers in player numbers. so they do something right i guess. and it's obvious you don't like the concept. the nice thing is we live in a free world, so you can always visit another server with more aaa. heard combat box is urgently looking for pilots.