Jump to content

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War


LLv34_Untamo
 Share

Recommended Posts

-332FG-drewm3i-VR

I just wanted to pop in and say that I love the new changes to the missions and front line activity! There are far fewer furballs over temp airfields and tanks and the massive smoke columns and frontline density really makes me feel like I am in an actual warzone, rather than the more sterile atmosphere from before where people basically dogfighted over a few ground units. The flak over the frontline is also very impressive and I feel like I have to stay on my side of the line or risk getting hit (as it should be). Because of all of this, I can live with the random invisible plane bug and intermittent server crashes. I basically stopped playing combat box because of the late war planesets as well!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15[Span.]/JG51Navarro
On 4/12/2021 at 7:17 AM, GOA_Wehraboo*VR* said:

 

Hi Navarro , my sincere apologies for whats happend, i saw that so quickly when we were going down from 4000 meters to 1000 meters then i open fire directly to your plane until they blow and during your bail out  this happend. Im sorry for this incident :(, after this happend i feel like Sh%t.. believe me, but was a trully reflect of my finger in the trigger. ( If you ask to the ppl who knows me, they will confirm that i trully hate parachute killers ). I'm not avoiding the fact of what happend, and im really sorry for screw up your score/stats.

 

S-

 

 

 

Hi GOA_Wehraboo*VR*, you say you feel bad after what happened, well, imagine me... and it's not because of the statistics, believe me, these are the least of it, it's because of the frustrating feeling you get for "dying" this way (hanging on a chute) simply because you thought it was a good idea to pull the trigger when I was in front of you -you didn't shoot the parachute but directly to the pilot.


Despite the baseness of your act I accept your apology.

 

~S~

 

P.S. I just hope you think twice before pulling the trigger the next time you have a parachute in front of your sight.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=Elite=BlitzPuppet

I'm wanting to play devils advocate on the 262 situation.

 

Got into quite a heated conversation last night while playing on why or why not the 262 should be limited and why other planes should not be.  I understand everyone flying 262s around the map would be kind of boring, but it isn't even that great of a plane and most that try to fly it end up getting shot down by enemy planes or by their own misuse of the throttle.

 

What is preventing the 262 from still being limited, but being able to be resupplied by resupply aircraft to rear airbases?  Even if this only did 1 per JU52 run that'd still be appropriate I think, and limiting 4 or 5 in the air at once still could still work.

 

The problem I have is I rarely ever get to fly it as it's only in the last planes et and only available for a short time.  If you're not on the server when the map rotates you will not get a chance of playing it as they're all in the air or have all been shot down already.

 

Would something like this not work?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ACG_Scooby

anybody else cant get in the server? its saying graphics mods restricted but i dont have any mods at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedKestrel
41 minutes ago, ACG_Scooby said:

anybody else cant get in the server? its saying graphics mods restricted but i dont have any mods at all

It would also activate on if you have any ReShade stuff activated.

Do you have any mods on your game just not activated, or have you used them in the past? Soemtimes if soemthing isn't fully removed during uninstall or when turning off the mod, I think it can still trigger this stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
10 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

It would also activate on if you have any ReShade stuff activated.

It's likely this, or reshade not completely removed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

I'm wanting to play devils advocate on the 262 situation.

 

Got into quite a heated conversation last night while playing on why or why not the 262 should be limited and why other planes should not be.  I understand everyone flying 262s around the map would be kind of boring, but it isn't even that great of a plane and most that try to fly it end up getting shot down by enemy planes or by their own misuse of the throttle.

 

What is preventing the 262 from still being limited, but being able to be resupplied by resupply aircraft to rear airbases?  Even if this only did 1 per JU52 run that'd still be appropriate I think, and limiting 4 or 5 in the air at once still could still work.

 

The problem I have is I rarely ever get to fly it as it's only in the last planes et and only available for a short time.  If you're not on the server when the map rotates you will not get a chance of playing it as they're all in the air or have all been shot down already.

 

Would something like this not work?

 

I concur!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Untamo
3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

It's likely this, or reshade not completely removed.

 

Personally I had to reinstall the whole game to completely get rid of reshade and get back on the server.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ACG_Scooby
19 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

It would also activate on if you have any ReShade stuff activated.

Do you have any mods on your game just not activated, or have you used them in the past? Soemtimes if soemthing isn't fully removed during uninstall or when turning off the mod, I think it can still trigger this stuff.

i dont even know what that is, afaik i have no mods of any kind apart from the sqn which everybody has and they can get on it np

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedKestrel
4 minutes ago, ACG_Scooby said:

i dont even know what that is, afaik i have no mods of any kind apart from the sqn which everybody has and they can get on it np

 

Not sure what you mean by sqn, but if other people are using it then that's probably not it.

If you don't have re-shade or any other mods (and never have) its possible that something in the game files is corrupted and triggering the ban because the file has been 'modified'. That's all I can think of.

I hate to say it but it might be time to do a full reinstall. It's a pain but it would hopefully solve the problem. You should be able to backup your keybindings, head position settings, etc by backing up some of the config files.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Charlo-VR
31 minutes ago, ACG_Scooby said:

i dont even know what that is, afaik i have no mods of any kind apart from the sqn which everybody has and they can get on it np

 


The old VREM mod also triggers the MP block, if that is something you have used

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13/JG5_Luck
12 hours ago, Haza said:

 

I concur!

I agree as well. If red pilots complain about the "super" 262, one could also argue about the super Tempest, which is superior in all categories compared to German piston engined aircrafts. And Tempests are over the targets "en masse".  In some campaigns one could think the whole allied airforce have been solely equipped with Tempests.

 

Greetings

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

von_Tom
3 hours ago, 13/JG5Luck said:

I agree as well. If red pilots complain about the "super" 262, one could also argue about the super Tempest, which is superior in all categories compared to German piston engined aircrafts. And Tempests are over the targets "en masse".  In some campaigns one could think the whole allied airforce have been solely equipped with Tempests.

 

Greetings

 

 

Tempest isn't superior to the Dora.  Different yes, but not superior except in terms of firepower.

 

The 262 use is fine as it is.  When I'm flying red it's really quite exciting to see them buzzing around and it adds to the fun.

 

von Tom

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

iFoxRomeo
On 4/14/2021 at 11:33 PM, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

I'm wanting to play devils advocate on the 262 situation.

 

Got into quite a heated conversation last night while playing on why or why not the 262 should be limited and why other planes should not be.  I understand everyone flying 262s around the map would be kind of boring, but it isn't even that great of a plane and most that try to fly it end up getting shot down by enemy planes or by their own misuse of the throttle.

 

What is preventing the 262 from still being limited, but being able to be resupplied by resupply aircraft to rear airbases?  Even if this only did 1 per JU52 run that'd still be appropriate I think, and limiting 4 or 5 in the air at once still could still work.

 

The problem I have is I rarely ever get to fly it as it's only in the last planes et and only available for a short time.  If you're not on the server when the map rotates you will not get a chance of playing it as they're all in the air or have all been shot down already.

 

Would something like this not work?

Yes, it's really sad. The 262 is the only aircraft that is only on one planeset. That's 89% of the server time no 262. And in the 11% when it is theoretically available, you have to be super lucky to get one.

Perhaps, when the Spitfire MkXIV enters the club, the resupply limitation could be removed and a maximum of 3-4 Me262s simultaneously could be possible? So if someone leaves the aircraft, another player has the chance to fly and doesn't have to wait for the 262 specific resupply.

P-51D, Tempest V and Spitfire Mk XIV should be really potent enough to counter the Me262.


@LLv34_Untamo

Are long term statistics available? How deadly is the 262 on this server,e.g. kills per hour compared to the other top fighters?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Charlo-VR
21 minutes ago, von_Tom said:

 

Tempest isn't superior to the Dora.  Different yes, but not superior except in terms of firepower.

 

The 262 use is fine as it is.  When I'm flying red it's really quite exciting to see them buzzing around and it adds to the fun.

 

von Tom

 

+1 on that - I'm still excited from a couple of weeks ago when I bagged a 262 that attacked my La5fn head on - I pilot killed him through the windshield 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see shots fired into both directions.

Me262 is limited cause it's superior, Tempest is also superior to its counterparts.

It's almost like, i don't know, every time a new plane is introduced is more or less better compared to what enemy has at this point. As if those engineers etc. tried to help to win the war and keep their own pilots safe! What a bizzare idea.

 

So if Me262 is limited due to its superiority (but at the same time it exists only in 1 planeset) - maybe every plane introduced into fight should be limited on the very first planeset it is in?

After all they were new, fresh and usually not available to every pilot/squadron.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ACG_Talisman
17 hours ago, iFoxRomeo said:

Yes, it's really sad. The 262 is the only aircraft that is only on one planeset. That's 89% of the server time no 262. And in the 11% when it is theoretically available, you have to be super lucky to get one.

Perhaps, when the Spitfire MkXIV enters the club, the resupply limitation could be removed and a maximum of 3-4 Me262s simultaneously could be possible? So if someone leaves the aircraft, another player has the chance to fly and doesn't have to wait for the 262 specific resupply.

P-51D, Tempest V and Spitfire Mk XIV should be really potent enough to counter the Me262.


@LLv34_Untamo

Are long term statistics available? How deadly is the 262 on this server,e.g. kills per hour compared to the other top fighters?

 

Lets get real world about this, there is no aircraft to counter the Me 262 in the conventional sense of air-to-air combat, not the Tempest and not the Spitfire XIV; pilots in the war needed either a lot of luck, a lot of planning, a lot of ground control (intelligence and radar) information, or all three to shoot Me 262 aircraft down.  Other than that, multi disciplined special operation's were mounted in a joined up way to try and counter the Me 262 threat. 

 

The Spitfire XIV is already clearly slower in level flight than LW late war conventional piston engine types, let alone a LW jet aircraft, and the Tempest is limited in terms of its poorer performance in climb rate and poorer performance overall at higher altitudes.  IMHO folks should try and refrain from linking any Allied piston engine aircraft types with the Me 262, which clearly outclasses piston engine aircraft by a huge margin in terms of speed at all altitudes and also carries a devastating cannon loadout.  Additionally, this is a computer flight simulation that cannot simulate the real world difficulties of sustaining operations with cutting edge technology aircraft or the real world difficulties of fighting a war.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

20 hours ago, 13/JG5Luck said:

I agree as well. If red pilots complain about the "super" 262, one could also argue about the super Tempest, which is superior in all categories compared to German piston engined aircrafts. And Tempests are over the targets "en masse".  In some campaigns one could think the whole allied airforce have been solely equipped with Tempests.

 

Greetings

 

What you say above is not correct.  Tempest is limited in terms of its poorer performance in climb rate and poorer performance overall at higher altitudes compared to late war LW piston engine types, it is no 'super' aircraft.  Also, as someone else has commented on above, you may want to compare firepower too.  These facts may help you develop tactics to fight the Tempest.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

Edited by ACG_Talisman
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly

I'm gonna argue that throughout the early planesets most axis aircraft are simply superiour to the allied ones* and allied pilots have learned to compensate for the deficiencies in their equipment (ie by engaging in ways that minimizes their deficiencies) in the way that axis pilots don't have to up until they encounter the Tempest.

 

The Tempest is not a super aircraft. In a low-altitude dogfight it's good, but the axis late-war aircraft have the advantage of being able to engage and disengage on their terms. The Tempest can't touch them at high altitudes.

 

* Compare the likes of the Hurricane MK2, The P-40, and the various Soviet pre-invasion designs to the battle-tested BF109 variants

Edited by [F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13/JG5_Luck
20 hours ago, ACG_Talisman said:

 

Lets get real world about this, there is no aircraft to counter the Me 262 in the conventional sense of air-to-air combat, not the Tempest and not the Spitfire XIV; pilots in the war needed either a lot of luck, a lot of planning, a lot of ground control (intelligence and radar) information, or all three to shoot Me 262 aircraft down.  Other than that, multi disciplined special operation's were mounted in a joined up way to try and counter the Me 262 threat. 

 

The Spitfire XIV is already clearly slower in level flight than LW late war conventional piston engine types, let alone a LW jet aircraft, and the Tempest is limited in terms of its poorer performance in climb rate and poorer performance overall at higher altitudes.  IMHO folks should try and refrain from linking any Allied piston engine aircraft types with the Me 262, which clearly outclasses piston engine aircraft by a huge margin in terms of speed at all altitudes and also carries a devastating cannon loadout.  Additionally, this is a computer flight simulation that cannot simulate the real world difficulties of sustaining operations with cutting edge technology aircraft or the real world difficulties of fighting a war.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

What you say above is not correct.  Tempest is limited in terms of its poorer performance in climb rate and poorer performance overall at higher altitudes compared to late war LW piston engine types, it is no 'super' aircraft.  Also, as someone else has commented on above, you may want to compare firepower too.  These facts may help you develop tactics to fight the Tempest.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

 

If I check the technical data in the game I can't see any disadvantage for the Tempest at higher altitude. It's still very potent and faster as the Dora on 6000 meters, despite MW 50 on the Dora. Just have a look on the data. On 3000 meters and below there is now way to counter a Tempest in a 1 : 1 if you fly LW.  On the server(s) we don't fight bomber fleets on 7000 meters or higher in a "Reichsverteidigung" scenario.  We play tactical airwar as it was done on the eastern front, consistent to the title of the game "IL 2" and the maps provided. The bunch of activity is below 3000 meters.

 

Greetings

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CountZero

Yes its not fair that LW has advantage in fighters in only 8 plansets, on 9th when engine mod for tempest kicks in they only have eqality + few 262s (that is not big advantage for LW as Tempest 11lbs is for allieds). Limit Tempests in missions or give LW unlimited 262s LW can have full advantage in fighter planset in all clases. Or there will sone be no axis players in game 😢  we cant be opressive to LW with eqality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly
4 hours ago, 13/JG5Luck said:

 

If I check the technical data in the game I can't see any disadvantage for the Tempest at higher altitude. It's still very potent and faster as the Dora on 6000 meters, despite MW 50 on the Dora. Just have a look on the data. On 3000 meters and below there is now way to counter a Tempest in a 1 : 1 if you fly LW.  On the server(s) we don't fight bomber fleets on 7000 meters or higher in a "Reichsverteidigung" scenario.  We play tactical airwar as it was done on the eastern front, consistent to the title of the game "IL 2" and the maps provided. The bunch of activity is below 3000 meters.

 

Greetings

 

 

Then hop into bombers and start doing higher altitude bombing. The depots exist for a reason. I swear, if all the luftwaffe pilots actually spend the time they spent into complaining about the Tempest in figuring out some proper tactics instead the tempest's advantage would be greatly diminished.

 

The tempest is literally only a factor in 1/5th of the game (or 1/10th considering the 262), yet the Red team consistently manages to eke ahead in the objective war and score, despite less flight time overall and the blue team in general having numerical superiority. I'm looking at the stats right now, and it seems like the Reds are already advancing in the frontline.

Just wait until the Spit 14 comes out :P

Edited by [F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FTC_Snowy

Just a heads up. I was in a Pe-2 Peshka today and someone jumped in my gunners seat and shot my tail off. From now on I’ll try to remember to block the gunner’s positions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leady_Brickov

Hi Finnish Server Team

 

1stly, still loving playing on your fantastic server! I've had some epic battles there over the last couple of days

 

However 

 

I've switched to driving the PzIIIM (because I love hard mode) and one thing is really annoying, 3-4km drives at 10-15km/h across country to get to roads, to then drive on road another 5km to get to a CP.  Can you please see if you can force the Panzer Spawns to spawn within 500m of a road please? When Panzer drivers are faced with onerous cross country drives, I've noticed they often don't bother spawning in. That means the T34s don't have anyone to play with, which is bad for both sides. It can also mean that the Allied Tanks have a free hand to destroy enemy troops (because they are much more mobile). 

 

Another thing I noticed last night was that the front line and para drop points for Sector-1 were an entire grid square North East of the Sector-1 tank spawns and CP. It basically meant that neither sides tanks could effect the front line.

 

Lastly, could I please please have Schürzen on my PzIIIM? It looks cool and the PzIVG drivers get to have it on their tanks. 

 

Thanks Again 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bilbo_Baggins
9 hours ago, ACG_Snowy said:

Just a heads up. I was in a Pe-2 Peshka today and someone jumped in my gunners seat and shot my tail off. From now on I’ll try to remember to block the gunner’s positions.

 

Aren't the gunner positions locked by default?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SvAF/F16_horsky

Top of the morning to all of you. A little movie from saturdays sorties on your lovely server. Have a nice day ppl.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

wellenbrecher
9 hours ago, ACG_Snowy said:

Just a heads up. I was in a Pe-2 Peshka today and someone jumped in my gunners seat and shot my tail off. From now on I’ll try to remember to block the gunner’s positions.

I feel that's part of experiencing the ups and downs of MP. Always happens at leats once to everyone 😬

 

11 hours ago, [F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly said:

Then hop into bombers and start doing higher altitude bombing. The depots exist for a reason.

Thanks to the low low loooow draw distance in this game even going as high as 5k means bombing is more luck than anything. Just saying.
And since bombs have been busted working as intended for so long now, there's even less incentive to go high as you need to be deadly accurate as well or waste 45+ minutes that one could've spent taking out thrice as many targets from down low.
A tangent, I know, but as someone that used to love high alt level bombing (for red and blue), this is what made me stop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

iFoxRomeo
On 4/18/2021 at 4:11 PM, CountZero said:

Yes its not fair that LW has advantage in fighters in only 8 plansets, on 9th when engine mod for tempest kicks in they only have eqality + few 262s (that is not big advantage for LW as Tempest 11lbs is for allieds). Limit Tempests in missions or give LW unlimited 262s LW can have full advantage in fighter planset in all clases. Or there will sone be no axis players in game 😢  we cant be opressive to LW with eqality.

IMG_3780.GIF.c08f992f9d12c17aa3370e42d6c3cab9.GIF

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG300_Winterz

Planesets 1, 2, 7, 8 and 9 are kinda even, while 3 and 4 favors germans and 5 and 6 favors allies.

So it's kinda balanced imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

iFoxRomeo
On 4/17/2021 at 6:45 PM, ACG_Talisman said:

 

Lets get real world about this, there is no aircraft to counter the Me 262 in the conventional sense of air-to-air combat, not the Tempest and not the Spitfire XIV; pilots in the war needed either a lot of luck, a lot of planning, a lot of ground control (intelligence and radar) information, or all three to shoot Me 262 aircraft down.  Other than that, multi disciplined special operation's were mounted in a joined up way to try and counter the Me 262 threat. 

 

The Spitfire XIV is already clearly slower in level flight than LW late war conventional piston engine types, let alone a LW jet aircraft, and the Tempest is limited in terms of its poorer performance in climb rate and poorer performance overall at higher altitudes.  IMHO folks should try and refrain from linking any Allied piston engine aircraft types with the Me 262, which clearly outclasses piston engine aircraft by a huge margin in terms of speed at all altitudes and also carries a devastating cannon loadout.  Additionally, this is a computer flight simulation that cannot simulate the real world difficulties of sustaining operations with cutting edge technology aircraft or the real world difficulties of fighting a war.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

What you say above is not correct.  Tempest is limited in terms of its poorer performance in climb rate and poorer performance overall at higher altitudes compared to late war LW piston engine types, it is no 'super' aircraft.  Also, as someone else has commented on above, you may want to compare firepower too.  These facts may help you develop tactics to fight the Tempest.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

What do you understand under conventional air-to-air combat?


Yes, unfortunately there is no allied direct "counterpart" to the 262. Looking at the shop: Two Flak Trucks for 25 bucks each, I wonder why a Meteor Mk.3 of P-80A wouldn't sell well, especially as a collector's aircraft? There is a Central Fighter Establishment report that says that the Meteor turns inside of a Tempest...Well it has some other undesirable downsides, but I would still like to see it here. But nontheless the late allied planes are good enough to ruin a 262 pilot's day. Did you try to dogfight in a 262 against those aircraft? E.g. on Berloga? Unless people don't pay attention or mimic headless ai aircraft, you have a hard time to shoot one down. Every allied aircraft easily outturns the 262, if the 262 pilot chooses to conserve his energy. If he doesn't he's easy prey. Especially with the new G-physiology model it is even harder to maneuver at high speeds. If you choose to stay fast in the 262 you are relatively save, yes, but that makes it hard to hit an allied aircraft. And if there are more allied aircraft it gets really difficult. The Tempest's 4x20mm kill th 262's engines even from very big distances, they have a good trajectory and lots of punch.

It's always the same, it's your SA, or better, your lack of SA, that leaves you open for an attack of a 262. If you are aware of the 262 presence, it's still a threat, yes, but you can counter it.


Fox

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lolrawr

Am i the only one that can't connect to the server?

I have played yesterday, after i disconnected i can't reconnect, the game just closes, no erro, no nothing, or gets stuck on downloading files from server.

Other servers work just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15[Span.]/JG51Navarro
1 hour ago, Lolrawr said:

Am i the only one that can't connect to the server?

I have played yesterday, after i disconnected i can't reconnect, the game just closes, no erro, no nothing, or gets stuck on downloading files from server.

Other servers work just fine.

 

The same thing happened to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink. Get SRS !  Even if you don’t want to talk you can listen. Say no more !

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13/JG5_Luck
On 4/18/2021 at 4:11 PM, CountZero said:

Yes its not fair that LW has advantage in fighters in only 8 plansets, on 9th when engine mod for tempest kicks in they only have eqality + few 262s (that is not big advantage for LW as Tempest 11lbs is for allieds). Limit Tempests in missions or give LW unlimited 262s LW can have full advantage in fighter planset in all clases. Or there will sone be no axis players in game 😢  we cant be opressive to LW with eqality.

Unqualified answers

1 hour ago, iFoxRomeo said:

What do you understand under conventional air-to-air combat?


Yes, unfortunately there is no allied direct "counterpart" to the 262. Looking at the shop: Two Flak Trucks for 25 bucks each, I wonder why a Meteor Mk.3 of P-80A wouldn't sell well, especially as a collector's aircraft? There is a Central Fighter Establishment report that says that the Meteor turns inside of a Tempest...Well it has some other undesirable downsides, but I would still like to see it here. But nontheless the late allied planes are good enough to ruin a 262 pilot's day. Did you try to dogfight in a 262 against those aircraft? E.g. on Berloga? Unless people don't pay attention or mimic headless ai aircraft, you have a hard time to shoot one down. Every allied aircraft easily outturns the 262, if the 262 pilot chooses to conserve his energy. If he doesn't he's easy prey. Especially with the new G-physiology model it is even harder to maneuver at high speeds. If you choose to stay fast in the 262 you are relatively save, yes, but that makes it hard to hit an allied aircraft. And if there are more allied aircraft it gets really difficult. The Tempest's 4x20mm kill th 262's engines even from very big distances, they have a good trajectory and lots of punch.

It's always the same, it's your SA, or better, your lack of SA, that leaves you open for an attack of a 262. If you are aware of the 262 presence, it's still a threat, yes, but you can counter it.


Fox

Thanks for that qualified comment..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rogueblade

Why do the new frontlines overlap and loop around each other like two tangled peices of string?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedKestrel
1 hour ago, rogueblade said:

Why do the new frontlines overlap and loop around each other like two tangled peices of string?

Cat got into the server room again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

US93_Low

Just wanted to hop in and say I really enjoy this server. Been playing il2 a long time but never online. Finally got around to playing and having a great time tanking and flying attack aircraft. I’m not great at dogfighting ww2 aircraft, and love blowing stuff up, so I’m quite happy being a target for you fighter boys lol.

 

I wanted to ask too, is it normal for people to get the game on sale and jump straight into multiplayer? It was weird to me seeing so many people asking basic keybind questions like closing the canopy etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Relic said:

normal

What passes for normal these days? 😄

 

There's usually a couple of newer players online asking for tips, and, friendly as this community is, they almost always find help (or at least someone to direct them to a friendly Discord channel where they will get the guidance they need).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedKestrel
12 minutes ago, Relic said:

Just wanted to hop in and say I really enjoy this server. Been playing il2 a long time but never online. Finally got around to playing and having a great time tanking and flying attack aircraft. I’m not great at dogfighting ww2 aircraft, and love blowing stuff up, so I’m quite happy being a target for you fighter boys lol.

 

I wanted to ask too, is it normal for people to get the game on sale and jump straight into multiplayer? It was weird to me seeing so many people asking basic keybind questions like closing the canopy etc.

That's normal. It's also normal when people jump from single player to multiplayer, because often in Single Player you are starting on the runway with the engine running or in an air start, so you never really taxi the aircraft or operate the canopy. Theoretically someone could be flying for a year or more and never touch some keybindings you need in most MP servers.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

US93_Low
1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

That's normal. It's also normal when people jump from single player to multiplayer, because often in Single Player you are starting on the runway with the engine running or in an air start, so you never really taxi the aircraft or operate the canopy. Theoretically someone could be flying for a year or more and never touch some keybindings you need in most MP servers.

Oh ok cool. Yeah i was just wanting to see how people are different and such. I mostly fly dcs and am more acquainted with aircraft procedure but definitely not perfect. I just assumed people would spend time keybinding first before hopping online. Doesn’t matter though!

 

Yep everyone was very helpful and pleasant. Good times 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...