Jump to content

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War


LLv34_Untamo
 Share

Recommended Posts

we lose practically all the missions and we gain ground, wouldn't there be a problem?ūü§Ēūü§®
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
6 hours ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

Is there something with this server that needs to be updated to make it happen?

As far as I know, those new explodey trucks are AI. We use static trucks. Not going to add more AI objects to the missions just to have big badabooms.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a tank when trying to cross a forest or when trying to hide at the edge of the road under trees during an air attack, we very often come up against invisible obstacles which force us to stop to repair. it becomes trying.

 

Ditto for AIs who manage to destroy us when there is no visibility, a curtain of trees or an embankment for example.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PootyPatrol

To the Server Devs: Is it possible to hide the number of tanks that are in/or have come out of a specific tanks spawn as the numbers appear on the map?  I ask this because as a German tanker, the moment my little blue "1" shows up on the map, it's immediately set upon by little red airplane icons "2 or 3" even.  And since Luftwaffe pilots on this Server seem to show very little interest in defending their tank spawns, it means it's not if, but when I'm killed by a plane heading to the CP.  As I like to say, the safest place for any Russian pilot, is over a German tank spawn.   So I don 't care if I see a little blue number, or even a little red number, on the map, as far as the tanks go.  Can we just get rid of them?

Edited by 11thPanzer_Pete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Untamo
6 hours ago, 11thPanzer_Pete said:

Is it possible to hide the number of tanks that are in/or have come out of a specific tanks spawn as the numbers appear on the map?


The default answer, unfortunately, in this game is: no. We have very little control over how things function in this game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 11thPanzer_Pete said:

To the Server Devs: Is it possible to hide the number of tanks that are in/or have come out of a specific tanks spawn as the numbers appear on the map?  I ask this because as a German tanker, the moment my little blue "1" shows up on the map, it's immediately set upon by little red airplane icons "2 or 3" even.  And since Luftwaffe pilots on this Server seem to show very little interest in defending their tank spawns, it means it's not if, but when I'm killed by a plane heading to the CP.  As I like to say, the safest place for any Russian pilot, is over a German tank spawn.   So I don 't care if I see a little blue number, or even a little red number, on the map, as far as the tanks go.  Can we just get rid of them?

 

May be I do not understand perfectly what you are saying, but if I understand (and sorry if I misunderstand) ....

 

the number of tanks which appear on a spawn and which is indicated in numbers under the spawn icon is visible ONLY by his own side .... the enemies cannot see this number and do not know how many tanks have left on this spawn (except to change sides for 5 minutes as I have already seen it done by some !!!!!! ... which makes me angry each time besidesūüė°) .... and for my camp, this figure is important because it allows me to primarily spawn where there are fewer tanks ...

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=Elite=BlitzPuppet

Server lag/rubberbanding has been pretty bad lately as many of us have noticed.  Looking into it would be appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IV./JG51-C_Yamas

It's the only server I try to join and my game instantly crashes. This happened today for the first time. I don't know the reason why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

69th_Mobile_BBQ
41 minutes ago, IV./JG51-C_Yamas said:

It's the only server I try to join and my game instantly crashes. This happened today for the first time. I don't know the reason why.

 

This happened to me as well, 2 days ago.   I logged into a different server, logged out and came back to Finnish.  Then, it was fine. 

 

 

1 hour ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

Server lag/rubberbanding has been pretty bad lately as many of us have noticed.  Looking into it would be appreciated!

 

This tends to happen when you have "extremely talented" pilots on the server.  After all, they're so fast, so accurate with their shooting and able to dodge every shot with ease, the 1s and 0s just can't keep up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IV./JG51-C_Yamas
Just now, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

This happened to me as well, 2 days ago.   I logged into a different server, logged out and came back to Finnish.  Then, it was fine.

Tried it. Didnt work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

69th_Mobile_BBQ
5 minutes ago, IV./JG51-C_Yamas said:

Tried it. Didnt work.

 

I must have gotten lucky. It was the first time I had a full crash logging into a sever as well.  I logged in and crashed 3 times in a row before I tried the different server.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
9 hours ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

Server lag/rubberbanding has been pretty bad lately as many of us have noticed.  Looking into it would be appreciated!

I'm interested to know if this happens on the Loose Deuce server too. The servers have different network setups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JV44HeinzBar

S!

What are the AI gunners set to in terms of skill? Tonight, I've made multiple passes on Il2s at speeds of 600KPH only to be sniped from 45 degrees or more. Grr, ridiculous how AI can hit planes at high speeds and acute angles of 45'.

 

HB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Untamo
4 minutes ago, JV44HeinzBar said:

S!

What are the AI gunners set to in terms of skill? Tonight, I've made multiple passes on Il2s at speeds of 600KPH only to be sniped from 45 degrees or more. Grr, ridiculous how AI can hit planes at high speeds and acute angles of 45'.

 

HB


The gunners follow the same logic as AAA guns:
- if you fly in a straight line, they hit with millimeter precision
- if you have any curve to your path, they miss every shot

They seem to calculate the point of impact in your velocity vector very accurately, but don't compensate for angular change.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I'm interested to know if this happens on the Loose Deuce server too. The servers have different network setups.

I've played on them both yesterday.

It seems there was no lagging on Deuce. Number of players was more or less the same (roughly around 70-75). But different maps, that might be a factor?

Also - i have to say that Deuce seems to be performing better (at least for me). The game seems to be smoother (less stuttering).

I thought it's just my potato PC, but tried WOL recently and also been tiny bit better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

=Elite=BlitzPuppet
10 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I'm interested to know if this happens on the Loose Deuce server too. The servers have different network setups.

When the "main" server went down on Wed/Thurs last week we all played on Loose Deuce without issue.  Performance was actually pretty good.

 

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/1019346/?tour=40

 

This sortie in general would lag/freeze all of us when we were strafing objects on the ground.  One of us would shoot the AA, AA would explode, and we'd all experience a sort of rubberband/freezing at once and make a comment about it on our TeamSpeak.

 

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/1021886/?tour=40

 

Then this sortie flying in formation was a challenge because we were both seeing each other rubberbanding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enigma89
11 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I'm interested to know if this happens on the Loose Deuce server too. The servers have different network setups.

On top of what the others said, it seems like people don't get the invisible bug on the LD server. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GOA_Firebird_VR
11 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I'm interested to know if this happens on the Loose Deuce server too. The servers have different network setups.

Hi, many days ago , my Squad group join to Finnish LD and we fly with out a problem, yesterday we join again and no one get the invisible plane bug , the majority of the members are from central and south america ( by default we always have ping issues in any server/Game) but in Finnish LD the connection runs fine.

 

Karaya.

 

S.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CDRSEABEE
8 hours ago, Amyel said:

I've played on them both yesterday.

It seems there was no lagging on Deuce. Number of players was more or less the same (roughly around 70-75). But different maps, that might be a factor?

Also - i have to say that Deuce seems to be performing better (at least for me). The game seems to be smoother (less stuttering).

I thought it's just my potato PC, but tried WOL recently and also been tiny bit better.

I just joined deuce. Flew with 10 110's and 4 190's in VR. Held 90 FPS in my G2!! Seems to be very smooth.¬† I have no idea who was flying all the 110's. I just joined along and bombed a rail station!!¬† Big fun flying with others.ūüėĀ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG1_Wittmann
On 2/27/2021 at 11:39 AM, RTA_Gibe said:

In a tank when trying to cross a forest or when trying to hide at the edge of the road under trees during an air attack, we very often come up against invisible obstacles which force us to stop to repair. it becomes trying.

 

Ditto for AIs who manage to destroy us when there is no visibility, a curtain of trees or an embankment for example.

 

Just have to wait for the mission to end and the map to change.  Velki luki, or whatever it's called is the absolute worse map for tanks.  In fact, If my aim was to discourage people from playing in tanks that hadn't before,  a mission having to go off-road  would do the trick.  The developer team  does not even seem to acknowledge that there is an issue and that  your crew being injured and parts flying off of your tank at 12-15 KPH is ridiculous.  Not to mention the fact of the new unrealistic terrain where every single time you go off-road  there are no smooth fields.  How many people here have walked in a field,   that wasn't just plowed that is rough like it was just plowed.   Once we get a different map,  the invisible object collisions happen much less frequently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

=AW=drewm3i-VR
On 2/28/2021 at 4:19 PM, IV./JG51-C_Yamas said:

It's the only server I try to join and my game instantly crashes. This happened today for the first time. I don't know the reason why.

Has been happening to me too as if late. Glad I'm not alone. Screen goes black and nothing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri

Added Bf 109 F-2 without the 20 mm nose gun to planeset 1.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GOA_Firebird_VR

After joining in the server, and been loading the bases on the map-briefing, the game crash and returns to the desktop..

 

Somebody have this problem too?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rogueblade

Do folks in this server use the Discord voice chat? I'm starting to get into MP, joining a few a Discord servers and finding all the voice channels empty¬†ūüėź

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Charlo-VR

Generally the SRS and Discord channels are pretty quiet for both Finnish servers, especially compared to Combat Box. I suspect we have a wider range of native languages spoken by those who frequent the Finnish servers, and perhaps there are more squads flying together there, so using their own private channels.

 

I am almost always running SRS but tend to stay on the quiet side since I'm often concentrating on how to get myself out of the latest dire situation I've just gotten into ūüėõ

 

Still, I miss all the chatter I hear more often on Comnbat Box, and not just from the engaging bots they have there

3 hours ago, GOA_Companere-VR- said:

After joining in the server, and been loading the bases on the map-briefing, the game crash and returns to the desktop..

 

Somebody have this problem too?

 

If others are able to join the server then a local fix you can try is to delete any of the old mission files from virtual pilots from your folder at \IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\Multiplayer\ . They'll get re-downloaded again the next time you join the server. I've occasionally had to do that with the old mission files from other servers.

Edited by Charlo-VR
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GOA_Firebird_VR
2 hours ago, Charlo-VR said:

Generally the SRS and Discord channels are pretty quiet for both Finnish servers, especially compared to Combat Box. I suspect we have a wider range of native languages spoken by those who frequent the Finnish servers, and perhaps there are more squads flying together there, so using their own private channels.

 

I am almost always running SRS but tend to stay on the quiet side since I'm often concentrating on how to get myself out of the latest dire situation I've just gotten into ūüėõ

 

Still, I miss all the chatter I hear more often on Comnbat Box, and not just from the engaging bots they have there

 

If others are able to join the server then a local fix you can try is to delete any of the old mission files from virtual pilots from your folder at \IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\Multiplayer\ . They'll get re-downloaded again the next time you join the server. I've occasionally had to do that with the old mission files from other servers.

 

It works, thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
1 hour ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

This player was damaged by me in this sortie, yet lands wounded with a 100% no-damage plane?

Possibly engine got borked before landing. Happened before, I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Admins,

 

At 5:1, it would appear that reds can easily win without the current blue restrictions. Therefore, could you please consider lifting the blue limitations, please?

 

Being killed in a panzer by a U2 with one rocket, perhaps would suggest reds have nothing to worry about. 

 

Regards

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
4 minutes ago, Haza said:

Admins,

 

At 5:1, it would appear that reds can easily win without the current blue restrictions. Therefore, could you please consider lifting the blue limitations, please?

 

Being killed in a panzer by a U2 with one rocket, perhaps would suggest reds have nothing to worry about. 

 

Regards

 

 

 

Increased the number of available Panthers and Tigers to 5.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Increased the number of available Panthers and Tigers to 5.

 

Five per hour or five in total? If only five in a  5 1/2 hr map, would be rather disappointing!

In addition, on some of the maps it takes the tanks inn the rear spawn area at least 30/45mins to get to the front spawn area, therefore, please reconsider where they are located.

 

Regards

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

69th_Mobile_BBQ
1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Possibly engine got borked before landing. Happened before, I think.

 

The sortie log from the compatible sortie to mine shows he was damaged multiple times and even suffered from being hit by friendly fire. 

The in-game scoreboard gave me the kill - but I'm not trying to get that listed.  

I don't see how a "borked" engine can list a player's plane as 100% healthy and landed but, the pilot is wounded.  Did he accidentally punch himself in the nuts when the friendly fire scared the crap out of him?

 

Sortie: 03.03.2021 - 03:58 / Shots_of_100LL / VirtualPilots (IL2 stats)

Sortie Log: 03.03.2021 - 03:58 / Shots_of_100LL / VirtualPilots (IL2 stats)

29 minutes ago, Haza said:

 

Five per hour or five in total? If only five in a  5 1/2 hr map, would be rather disappointing!

In addition, on some of the maps it takes the tanks inn the rear spawn area at least 30/45mins to get to the front spawn area, therefore, please reconsider where they are located.

 

Regards

 

 

 

IIRC, Paratrooper drops resupply tanks available at the spawn.  This means 5 can be taken to drive before resupply is needed.  

Edited by 69th_Mobile_BBQ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
3 minutes ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

I don't see how a "borked" engine can list a player's plane as 100% healthy and landed but, the pilot is wounded.

"damage aircraft: 100%"

That, to me, doesn't say "100% healthy", quite the opposite.

In addition, the sortie log says the pilot was wounded by you.

 

34 minutes ago, Haza said:

Five per hour or five in total?

Total. We'll see how this affects things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

69th_Mobile_BBQ
1 minute ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

"damage aircraft: 100%"

That, to me, doesn't say "100% healthy", quite the opposite.

In addition, the sortie log says the pilot was wounded by you.

 

Total. We'll see how this affects things.

 

My bad, I have misread that then.  For some reason I thought Aircraft damage was listed as subtractive ie: 100% full health, less than 100% damaged.  

I guess that the friendly fire perpetrator was the one the system awarded the kill then....  odd but, c'est la vie. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
Just now, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

 

My bad, I have misread that then.  For some reason I thought Aircraft damage was listed as subtractive ie: 100% full health, less than 100% damaged.  

I guess that the friendly fire perpetrator was the one the system awarded the kill then....  odd but, c'est la vie. 

In contrast, 100% healthy plane is shown like in this sortie http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/1011687/?tour=40

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Looking at the mission logs looks like that victory counter is only for the missions that the in game score system considered that should be assigned a victory for a particular side, but doesn't seem to correlate with the actual campaign? so only 6 missions over like 350 total in this "Q1 2021" Tour had a victory assigned to a team, the big majority of them are considered as ties without any victor announced, regardless of which team manages to push the frontline further away.

unknown.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
9 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Looking at the mission logs looks like that victory counter is only for the missions that the in game score system considered that should be assigned a victory for a particular side, but doesn't seem to correlate with the actual campaign? so only 6 missions over like 350 total in this "Q1 2021" Tour had a victory assigned to a team, the big majority of them are considered as ties without any victor announced, regardless of which team manages to push the frontline further away.

Yes. In our stats mission win == map win.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

 

The sortie log from the compatible sortie to mine shows he was damaged multiple times and even suffered from being hit by friendly fire. 

The in-game scoreboard gave me the kill - but I'm not trying to get that listed.  

I don't see how a "borked" engine can list a player's plane as 100% healthy and landed but, the pilot is wounded.  Did he accidentally punch himself in the nuts when the friendly fire scared the crap out of him?

 

Sortie: 03.03.2021 - 03:58 / Shots_of_100LL / VirtualPilots (IL2 stats)

Sortie Log: 03.03.2021 - 03:58 / Shots_of_100LL / VirtualPilots (IL2 stats)

 

IIRC, Paratrooper drops resupply tanks available at the spawn.  This means 5 can be taken to drive before resupply is needed.  

 

Are you sure that the Panthers, that are usually at the rear spawn area, are re-supplied by the JU52, or is your 'IIRC' an assumption?

I thought that the resupply was always for the fwd spawn area.

 

regards

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
10 minutes ago, Haza said:

Are you sure that the Panthers, that are usually at the rear spawn area, are re-supplied by the JU52, or is your 'IIRC' an assumption?

I thought that the resupply was always for the fwd spawn area.

Supply drops replenish only the "total" available tank numbers, they don't replenish the limited number tanks (like Panther and Tiger). Maybe they should.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...