Jump to content

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War


LLv34_Untamo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mollotin
42 minutes ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

 

Good idea.  This could help with offloading concentrated  to  few places action and spread server load where now fighting turns into slide shows do to high AI and players congestion. 

 

hmm is this server or client side issue. i have steady 60fps and no slideshow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Untamo
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mollotin said:

 

hmm is this server or client side issue. i have steady 60fps and no slideshow. 

 

Every player seems to have a wholly unique experience. Depending on network, physical distance to the server, CPU, GPU etc. But the network seems to play a big role.

 

For example, I am in LAN with the server, and I've never had the invisible planes bug (on this server). Coincidence? I think not.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Melonfish
14 hours ago, wellenbrecher said:

The folk I play with generally are very ground attack heavy and we've decided to go Blue with the next Tour for exactly that reason. So many beautiful untouched targets waiting for us 😆

Also Blue seems to get bridges as targets more often and blowing those up is just the best.

Ah, bridge over the river... wait, where are we?
@Leifrwhat grid square are we in again?
Wait, I see the target.
 

 

- is usually how our raids go.  My only concern will be the lack of air cover from our blue fighters who will undoubtedly be hovering over this new lovely frontline waiting for their next catch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1PL-Husar-1Esk
31 minutes ago, Mollotin said:

 

hmm is this server or client side issue. i have steady 60fps and no slideshow. 

It was server side issue,  I had 100fps and I'm alone at fast fiber , connection was as always good.  Besides not only me reported the issue. 

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
4 minutes ago, MrRiXter said:

How often do maps rotate? I'm not a big fan of the current one.

Generally, when the objectives of the map are met.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GOA_Docfer
On 21/3/2021 at 15:42, Haza said:

 

Soy muy consciente de los hechos históricos, sin embargo, este es un juego y, como cualquier juego, tienes que mantener a los jugadores interesados. 

 

Como he dicho antes, a los jugadores no les importa dónde juegan, pero normalmente acudirán a un servidor poblado. No se necesita mucho para que los jugadores se muevan a otro servidor, por lo tanto, para mantener los intereses de los jugadores, depende de los dueños del servidor mantener el servidor interesante y fresco.

 

Solo tiene que mirar otros servidores para ver que los servidores que alguna vez fueron populares que se jactaban de sus números continuos ahora son solo 'otro servidor'.

 

Por lo tanto, en 6: 1, simplemente estoy sugiriendo que tal vez sea hora de que se revise este "equilibrio", antes de que los jugadores sigan adelante. 

 

Con respecto a los tanques, por mi parte, me gustaría ver trampas antitanques o incluso minas colocadas alrededor de los objetivos, si tienen tanques. 

 

Saludos

 

 

Totalmente de acuerdo con Haza. Es hora de revisar el "equilibrio" que intentaron establecer en base a los nuevos "planeset" so pena de que de seguir así pilotos del bando azul pierdan interés por seguir participando de la campaña.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CountZero
13 minutes ago, GOA_Docfer said:

Totalmente de acuerdo con Haza. Es hora de revisar el "equilibrio" que intentaron establecer en base a los nuevos "planeset" so pena de que de seguir así pilotos del bando azul pierdan interés por seguir participando de la campaña.

if blue players start to leve because they cant win then its great idea to give them unlimited planset and modifications and test teorie that blue side cant win because they are to constrained by limitations server owners place on them on every popular server. Having no limitation on axis airplanes or even on both side airplanes and test that for one 3month perios would give great needed answers to teorie axis cant win because they get unfair treatment from every singel server in BoX game for some reason. Im all for Hazas idea of no limits on mods, but i think its risky while there is still planty of players playing on server, maybe test it when blue side players quit because they think they are misstreated and migrate to other server like they usealy do. Game is more populated with axis players so usealy if servers dont bend backwards for them , server gets empty in no time, its not like there is endles supply of players who wont to play on axis side 😄

Edited by CountZero
Link to comment
Share on other sites

palker4

So yesterday evening reds were outnumbered 2v1 for hours and looking at the map I can see that blues still managed to loose the map somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ACG_Talisman
23 hours ago, JG1_Wittmann said:

Are dirty tricks  not ok  on a server, that says anything goes ?     In a different thread,  you defend  chute killing a pilot,   you  seem to  be all over the place on things.  it's ok to chute kill a pilot  on combat box,   but it's not ok  for a tank to shoot a plane, or a plane to vulch a plane  etc ?

 

"think it is all part of the game.  Shooting parachutes is part of the design function of the game (simulating real life too).  My suggestion would be to get over it and move on.  Laugh it off and keep your spirits high.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman"

 

Perhaps  you should  follow your own advice  in the very very  infrequent event a tank kills  your AC  on a temp field  due to  inattention of the warning on the map,  so  laugh off tanks  and maybe move on ?

There you go again, not addressing the fundamental issues and setting up red herrings.  Chute killing, as you call it, a complete red herring topic introduced by you, is historical air action and perfectly representative of what happened in air battles.

However, the topic I am trying to stimulate, which I thought might be worth discussing, is how to more realistically integrate ground vehicles driven by players into a combined arms setting, particularly on MP servers predominantly focused on the air war.  It is worth bearing in mind that more ground vehicles that can be driven by players will be introduced as time goes on.  Therefore, if there is to be some sort of parity and equal treatment for both pilots and drivers in terms of historical realism and a qualitative experience on a MP server, surely some sort of effort and imaginative thinking will be required to manage and shape opportunities and events for MP servers.

I suggest that it is relatively easy to more realistically populate the air environment for air action and also to provide ground targets and ground anti aircraft units.  However, not so easy to more realistically populate the land environment for the ground war with proper standing armies with all the different types of fighting units (infantry, anti tank, etc, etc,) concerned.  Therefore, I am suggesting that the best place to work things out would be a secondary ground war focused combined arms server, rather than a primary air fighting server.

Of course, if folks are happy to accept vehicles can be driven willy-nilly through ghost lands with no populated peoples, no properly simulated standing armies, no anti-vehicle and anti-tank infrastructure and attack soft targets with no messages that targets (factories, etc,) are under attack by ground forces then so be it.  However, under such circumstances, I suggest that sooner or later, friction between pilots and drivers of vehicles is likely to occur if things are not managed carefully.  If folks don't want to discuss this issue, or don't think there is or will be an issue, then that's fine by me.  However, thoughtful and considered responses would be gratefully received.  I shall bow out of this topic for now, as I hope I have at least delivered some food for thought, even though some did not like the taste of it, LOL.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hajo_Garlic
10 minutes ago, palker4 said:

So yesterday evening reds were outnumbered 2v1 for hours and looking at the map I can see that blues still managed to loose the map somehow.

Let me guess they don’t ground attack?

With the 110 being one of the most capable attackers and the jabo 190s being so effective I hardly feel bad. 
 

Ive hardly played on this server (YET) but that’s how it always seemed on others 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ACG_Talisman
On 3/23/2021 at 1:25 PM, Leifr said:

Doesn't ACG have a server Talisman? There are several excellent server options now in BoX.

Thank you Leifr, but that is not the point I am trying to make.  Perhaps my previous latest post will help.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wellenbrecher
18 minutes ago, palker4 said:

So yesterday evening reds were outnumbered 2v1 for hours and looking at the map I can see that blues still managed to loose the map somehow.

Amazingly, the amount of destroyed ground targets is similar though...


But yeah, the amount of Blue Experten endlessly friendly-firing each other while circling about their own troop and artillery positions desperately looking for Reds to attack certainly doesn't help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CountZero
55 minutes ago, palker4 said:

So yesterday evening reds were outnumbered 2v1 for hours and looking at the map I can see that blues still managed to loose the map somehow.

You see its mistery why blue dont win, only way to fuiger it out is to give axis side no limits on airplanes and bombs for 3 months and see if that fixes missfortune for them, or maybe change win condition for them to just count airplanes shotdown, if they can match top 10 historical streaks they win no questions asked:

Spoiler

Fighter-Aces.jpg

 

Not easy job to run MP servers in this game with axis side who cant fuiger out why it cant win and why some people see them having everything to win easy.

Edited by CountZero
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hajo_Garlic

Now I can’t decide whether I wanna fly red or blue next quarter. (Trying to)bag blue campers over their ground targets with tracerless 20mm belts was gonna be my move but it really seems like blue needs some help ground pounding. I hate flying on the team that outnumbers the other though.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leady_Brickov

Why Do Blue Loose? 

 

Why is this happening, even when they commonly outnumber Red?

 

Based upon my personal observations, the reason is the T34, it is just a better tank at playing the MISSION. I'm sorry to all you dedicated fighter jocks out there, It won't be what you want to hear, your 5 kills per sortie don't effect the state of the front line (unless you kill the IL2s, P47s and P38s before they drop their bombs. As a side note, this is also part of it).

 

Back to the T34, it has pretty much worse stats than it's direct comparison the PzIV for tank on tank action. Shouldn't this make it a bad tank and mean it will loose the ground war, well no. As I have previously stated the T34 plays the mission extremely well. It's mobility (predominantly off road mobility) is what makes it a great tank in this server. It's poorer tank v tank capability actually forces the T34 commander to use the T34 differently, avoiding German Panzers unless a surprise close range or side shot can be achieved. If a T34 commander can use mobility to set up these shots in a way that is not possible for a German tank commander. If surprise or advantage can't be gained, a smart T34 commander will use mobility to disengage safely (often calling in friendly IL2s to help out). Often this will result in the T34 Co tootling off, cross country to the nearest Blue objective and having a merry old time knocking out troops and artillery positions. 

 

When T34 Commanders get it into their heads that they just want to play the mission, they can often drive to the Arty, knock it all out and then spend their remaining ammo on the Troops (or unwary Panzers) on the way back to base. Also, A T34 Commander EXPECTS TO DIE, we will often keep shooting at troops or arty even when a panther or tiger turn up.

 

Psychologically, successful T34 commanders have been molded into mission focused team players by their machines.

 

Conversely Panzer players have been molded into excellent PvP players by their machines. I've lost count of the number of times I've been killed first shot at 1500m+ by a PzIV, Panther, or Tiger. These commanders are excellent at gunnery and their machines excel at killing enemy tanks, they will almost always win a "fair" tank v tank shoot out. The poorer cross country mobility of the Panzers forces them to stay on roads or close to them (this also makes it really easy for T34 commanders to pick effective ambush points). This often means a Panzer Commander won't ever consider attacking enemy troops or arty, or taking the CP if there aren't roads within 1km of those objectives.  

 

The excellent killing capability of the panzers also means a commander is unlikely to call for help from friendly aircraft, why would they, they can kill anything they see? Well that's the trouble, it's not the T34 you can see that's going to kill you (after all you are likely to one shot it), it's the one that you can't see and that is flanking you that will get you! I would also suggest that you are unlikely to find a 109 or 190 pilot carrying bombs unless they need to hunt a tank attacking their troops or artillery.  

 

Basically what I'm saying is that sometimes the equipment we use leads us to following the path that provides us with the greatest personal success. In the case of German equipment, it is great a killing other players but only OK at playing the mission. Conversely Allied equipment is good at killing others players but great at playing the mission. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CountZero
8 minutes ago, Leady_Brickov said:

Why Do Blue Loose? 

 

Why is this happening, even when they commonly outnumber Red?

 

Based upon my personal observations, the reason is the T34, it is just a better tank at playing the MISSION. I'm sorry to all you dedicated fighter jocks out there, It won't be what you want to hear, your 5 kills per sortie don't effect the state of the front line (unless you kill the IL2s, P47s and P38s before they drop their bombs. As a side note, this is also part of it).

 

Back to the T34, it has pretty much worse stats than it's direct comparison the PzIV for tank on tank action. Shouldn't this make it a bad tank and mean it will loose the ground war, well no. As I have previously stated the T34 plays the mission extremely well. It's mobility (predominantly off road mobility) is what makes it a great tank in this server. It's poorer tank v tank capability actually forces the T34 commander to use the T34 differently, avoiding German Panzers unless a surprise close range or side shot can be achieved. If a T34 commander can use mobility to set up these shots in a way that is not possible for a German tank commander. If surprise or advantage can't be gained, a smart T34 commander will use mobility to disengage safely (often calling in friendly IL2s to help out). Often this will result in the T34 Co tootling off, cross country to the nearest Blue objective and having a merry old time knocking out troops and artillery positions. 

 

When T34 Commanders get it into their heads that they just want to play the mission, they can often drive to the Arty, knock it all out and then spend their remaining ammo on the Troops (or unwary Panzers) on the way back to base. Also, A T34 Commander EXPECTS TO DIE, we will often keep shooting at troops or arty even when a panther or tiger turn up.

 

Psychologically, successful T34 commanders have been molded into mission focused team players by their machines.

 

Conversely Panzer players have been molded into excellent PvP players by their machines. I've lost count of the number of times I've been killed first shot at 1500m+ by a PzIV, Panther, or Tiger. These commanders are excellent at gunnery and their machines excel at killing enemy tanks, they will almost always win a "fair" tank v tank shoot out. The poorer cross country mobility of the Panzers forces them to stay on roads or close to them (this also makes it really easy for T34 commanders to pick effective ambush points). This often means a Panzer Commander won't ever consider attacking enemy troops or arty, or taking the CP if there aren't roads within 1km of those objectives.  

 

The excellent killing capability of the panzers also means a commander is unlikely to call for help from friendly aircraft, why would they, they can kill anything they see? Well that's the trouble, it's not the T34 you can see that's going to kill you (after all you are likely to one shot it), it's the one that you can't see and that is flanking you that will get you! I would also suggest that you are unlikely to find a 109 or 190 pilot carrying bombs unless they need to hunt a tank attacking their troops or artillery.  

 

Basically what I'm saying is that sometimes the equipment we use leads us to following the path that provides us with the greatest personal success. In the case of German equipment, it is great a killing other players but only OK at playing the mission. Conversely Allied equipment is good at killing others players but great at playing the mission. 

 

 

Ok then change of condition so win for axis is achivable by farming kills and not care about advancing or defending front is solution, and just to make it fun give them unlimited tanks airplanes and mods, they shurly have to hava a chance to win next tour. If that dont work ban Tempest and T-34 will do it im 100% sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mollotin

spawn il2, head to enemy front line, ignore fighters, drop all ur load, die, repeat - profit.

 

not really the gameplay im looking for. 

 

killing player tanks on the other hand, oh thats sweet joy. too bad it doesnt win u battles.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
15 hours ago, GOA_Docfer said:

Totalmente de acuerdo con Haza. Es hora de revisar el "equilibrio" que intentaron establecer en base a los nuevos "planeset" so pena de que de seguir así pilotos del bando azul pierdan interés por seguir participando de la campaña.

Epätasapaino liittyy enemmänkin muutoksiin etulinjan kohteiden koostumuksessa. Jokin aika sitten muutin etulinjan jalkaväkikohteiden vaihtoehtoja suppeammaksi, jolloin mahdollisiksi kohteiksi jäivät ne, joissa on "perunakellareita" (dugouts). Samalla olisi pitänyt laskea etulinjan kohteiden arvon kerrointa, koska nyt se on ollut liian suuri.

 

Edit: the Google translate for the above text into English is pretty correct.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Charlo-VR

A few hours ago I kept repeatedly losing my connection to the Virtual Pilot's Dynamic War server, which used to only happen every so often. I was able to stay on Combat Box and Berloga for as long as I wanted. Was there something happening to the server a few hours ago? I sure hope I'll be able to fly it again tomorrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

-332FG-Ursus_
22 hours ago, GOA_Docfer said:

Totalmente de acuerdo con Haza. Es hora de revisar el "equilibrio" que intentaron establecer en base a los nuevos "planeset" so pena de que de seguir así pilotos del bando azul pierdan interés por seguir participando de la campaña.

In order to beign considerated with the ppl i will response in english.

 

Don't complain to much about German Planeset, and you can't even talk about bias since in the first planeset 109F2 is added, with 15MM which is OK.

Then in all the first half of the rotation Germany has an historical advantaje which is obvious, untill 5th planeset, when its probably mid 1943 and Spitfire IX, P-47D22 and La-5FN arrives. And even with that is not unfair since Germany in that point has 190A5 190A6, if you don't know how to handle them is your problem not planeset's. Also i don't hear you complain to much about G-14 fighting without P-51 (x4 MG) opposition as IRL, P-51D appears with the K4 and D9 in the other side. More than balance you want convenience. Worst part is that you are talking about "unfair against blues" Didn't saw KD of each planes didn't you? All German planes are in TOP 10. Even in the most balanced planesets things are like that. So don't complain to much. Best thing you can do right now is fly allies and see the other side of reality, since there is no excuse to not even try fly another side than germany

 

Edited by -332FG-Ursus_
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mollotin

well, germany has more air kills and more ground kills so obviously their planes are capable to fight the opposition. why they keep loosing? honestly, u can only guess, answer might not be simple. 

 

if i read the data right most players tend to stick to a certain side (only 1500 players out of like 7000 played both sides) maybe the players just are different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

-332FG-Ursus_
16 minutes ago, Mollotin said:

well, germany has more air kills and more ground kills so obviously their planes are capable to fight the opposition. why they keep loosing? honestly, u can only guess, answer might not be simple. 

 

if i read the data right most players tend to stick to a certain side (only 1500 players out of like 7000 played both sides) maybe the players just are different.

That talks about the average Wehraboo mindset. I can't say anything about fly only fighters because that is what i do. But i fly both sides at least  😄

Edited by -332FG-Ursus_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HunDread

Perhaps everyone who cares a tiny bit about winning goes to the red side leaving blues with the nihilist purposeless scum (like myself). 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mollotin

maybe blue players just suck in winning.yesterday i tried ground attack with jabo 190, result: one friendly dug out destroyed...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Mollotin said:

well, germany has more air kills and more ground kills so obviously their planes are capable to fight the opposition. why they keep loosing? honestly, u can only guess, answer might not be simple.

 

If I had to guess, it's that German players tend to hit the front/rear/industrial targets more so than the actual frontline targets, and so accounts for the slightly larger number of ground kills and consecutive lost missions. I would also chalk down the greater number of air kills as simply a product of Wehraboo - rookies and seasoned alike flying the iconic 109.

 

On a personal level; our group of six pilots have spent the current tour flying as red (mostly to get some time in with the P-38), but we will be switching to blue at the end of the month for the Q2 tour, it's quite a nice way to split one's time up between airframes. We generally prefer flying 88s and 110s, so worry not about the additional blue stacking over the frontlines. 😋

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CCG_Pips

What is especially incomprehensible is that the blues have periods where they smash the red front without difficulty and they seem to be within reach victory and ...... suddenly ..... a red counter attack , they retreat and seem to lose morale quickly and everything crumbles in a few missions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tony_Kito

Wow, it's almost like the real war - the germans had the most coolest awesomest pilots who got 100000 kills but still lost the war somehow!


That's really crazy and makes me think 🤔

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG1_Wittmann
2 hours ago, Leifr said:

 

If I had to guess, it's that German players tend to hit the front/rear/industrial targets more so than the actual frontline targets, and so accounts for the slightly larger number of ground kills and consecutive lost missions. I would also chalk down the greater number of air kills as simply a product of Wehraboo - rookies and seasoned alike flying the iconic 109.

 

 

I could be mistake,  but I believe  the LL   guys have said that the line moves  in a correlation to the points  scored.  If 1 side scores more they advance.  I think that  the rear depot and station  affect these point totals most  then front depot, troop positions,   planes shot down.   While there are times  that the blue side  has destroyed more depot or station targets,  it seems to me that the supply target destruction  more often than not favors  the reds giving them the wins.   I think the blue side  shows  less   desire to hit targets  bombing.  Not all,  but the average  swings that way.  Blues  shoot down more AC,   and alot of those ground kills   could be  troop area,  which I think at this point is the lowest scoring for purposes of moving front line.    The 5K   movement for the CP   is a new thing and I don't know that 1 side has an advantage on that or not

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enigma89
2 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

What is especially incomprehensible is that the blues have periods where they smash the red front without difficulty and they seem to be within reach victory and ...... suddenly ..... a red counter attack , they retreat and seem to lose morale quickly and everything crumbles in a few missions.

 

I have noticed this as well. I don't know why for most reasons but I will say it's pretty hard to end Kuban when it gets to the deep south east. There are 3 airfields right there and the German depots are really exposed to flights that skirt over the forest down there (hard to intercept over the forest due to tree cutters)

 

 

Also as a side note because the frontline movement is the topic du jour. The Finns are coming out with a whole new frontline so the discussion may be for nothing as things are changing soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CCG_Pips
11 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

I have noticed this as well. I don't know why for most reasons but I will say it's pretty hard to end Kuban when it gets to the deep south east. There are 3 airfields right there and the German depots are really exposed to flights that skirt over the forest down there (hard to intercept over the forest due to tree cutters)

 

 

Also as a side note because the frontline movement is the topic du jour. The Finns are coming out with a whole new frontline so the discussion may be for nothing as things are changing soon.

mmmmhhh !!! checked again this morning.

It seems that 80% of the Germans are in fighters to protect their depots or fronts troops.... it is not useless but at this point it is ineffective. Our bombers die but destroy their targets at the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DD_Friar

Salute,

Apologies if this has already been confirmed but I would like to ask, myself and fellow squad mate DD_FT having been playing quite regularly on a Friday evening UK time. We always take the T34. We start our evening by having a quick go at the nearest German spawn point taking in the Control Point on route. We generally are able to kill a couple of Panzers and get killed a couple of times. We then set about driving deep into enemy territory enjoying the challenge of navigation to attack Supply Stations or rear airfields.  A German pilot found us once and asked in the chat if we had mistakenly got the wrong game and should be playing European Truck Simulator we had gone so far!

 

The thing we notice is that no matter how much we blow up as much as possible, the map never seems to indicate that the depot has been destroyed.

 

Could someone please confirm if it is indeed possible for us to effect these depots from the ground, although there are objects that go "boom" but many have no effect but we can see objects inside of buildings we can not destroy from the ground, and if so what is the correct process, must we always make it back to our spawn point to "bank" the points for it to register and then mark the depot as destroyed?

 

Many thanks for an enjoyable server that keeps us on our toes.

 

DD_Friar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
27 minutes ago, DD_Friar said:

Could someone please confirm if it is indeed possible for us to effect these depots from the ground, although there are objects that go "boom" but many have no effect but we can see objects inside of buildings we can not destroy from the ground, and if so what is the correct process, must we always make it back to our spawn point to "bank" the points for it to register and then mark the depot as destroyed?

There is no "banking of points" functionality. The building "block" objects in depots generally have multiple sub-blocks that are accounted for separately by the campaign app. As for the durability of the objects, we go with the default values, and based on your report, they probably aren't suitable targets for tanks.

 

A target (e.g. depot) is marked as destroyed on the map when it has only 20% of its health remaining. Note that this is just to give a picture, on the map, of the depot health. Any objects that you destroy prior to or after a depot is marked as destroyed should still count in the frontline movement calculations.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crashbangwallop

Hi guys,

I've been doing a few paradrops – Russian Ju52, Red Cross skin – over the last few days and weeks, and I'm simply not seeing the smoke markers.

 

I know I've been in the right places, as I've checked afterwards on track records. (Yesterday's trip, Kuban at about 4pm uk, there was no red smoke for the zone west of where the road from Ponezhukay enters the woods)

 

I also know there are problems with the smoke markers around ground levels, woods, and water, but I'm wondering if there's an alternative to using smoke markers to indicate the drop zone.

 

Is it possible to show the paradrop zone centres using the recognition flares we get in the Career missions? Or maybe doubling them up with the smoke markers in case one or the other fails for whatever reason? These flares appear to work on a proximity basis - which sort of makes sense as a reinforcement mission - so is that a workable option?

 

Not being much of a dogfighter, I enjoy the support and supply aspects of this server, but I do find the non-appearance of the paradrop smoke – and no measurably results for the side for my efforts – a little demoralising. Is it really the case that if the ground signal is absent, then my gracefully dropped daisy-chain of paratroops doesn't count?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
1 hour ago, Crashbangwallop said:

Is it really the case that if the ground signal is absent, then my gracefully dropped daisy-chain of paratroops doesn't count?

If the smoke isn't seen because the smoke is underground, it should still count. If the smoke isn't seen because the serverinput command that the campaign app sends to the server doesn't go through, it won't count, as the complex trigger to check for the paradrop doesn't get enabled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crashbangwallop
28 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

If the smoke isn't seen because the smoke is underground, it should still count. If the smoke isn't seen because the serverinput command that the campaign app sends to the server doesn't go through, it won't count, as the complex trigger to check for the paradrop doesn't get enabled.

Thanks for the quick reply Temuri -

 

OK, I get the first sentence, that sounds as though I should drop anyway if I can't see the smoke

 

Second bit is a bit opaque (to me). It sounds as though it would be a complete waste of time dropping paras because the system isn't going to recognise them.

 

Sounds a bit like a Schrodinger's Paradrop, as I won't be able to tell whether it's a valid drop until I actually do it...

 

Any thoughts on the Flare signal? Does that work in the same way as the smoke?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
13 minutes ago, Crashbangwallop said:

Any thoughts on the Flare signal?

A flare requires an object that fires the flare. Need to look into how this works. As AI objects are placed automatically on ground level when the mission starts, the flare should be visible.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crashbangwallop
2 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

A flare requires an object that fires the flare. Need to look into how this works. As AI objects are placed automatically on ground level when the mission starts, the flare should be visible.

 

Thanks again Temuri

 

I'll maybe try a fast recon flights to see if there's smoke present before dragging the Ju52 al the way to the drop zone...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LLv34_Temuri
1 minute ago, Crashbangwallop said:

I'll maybe try a fast recon flights to see if there's smoke present before dragging the Ju52 al the way to the drop zone...

The smoke won't be activated unless there's a Ju-52 in the air. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crashbangwallop
3 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

The smoke won't be activated unless there's a Ju-52 in the air. :)

 

*Sigh*... Back to the Schrodingers paras then...🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...