LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

S!

And restarted now...

This thing is pretty annoying :-/ .. Still, no idea what causes them. The current mission size is about 1/10 of the previous version, and still the server chokes... CPU and memory usage is low...

hi i have a black sreen when i bomb vesikovsk depot, time 10.45.   i restart the game . the second time i will bomb, i was over vesikovsk and its the same.

It is now restarting.

hi i have a black sreen when i bomb vesikovsk depot, time 10.45.   i restart the game . the second time i will bomb, i was over vesikovsk and its the same.

Do you mean that you dropped bombs, and then the screen went black? ... Sounds like some weird bug in the game itself, not in server. Hasn't happened to me atleast.

Visited your Server yesterday and I have to say:

Thank you for finally a very good full real server! Thank you very much!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the kind words :)

There was a bug in the map visualization which caused it to freeze to old status. Now fixed.

2nd the thanks for a good full real server.  Not as populated as WoL but there were a few people taking a look at it yesterday and if I could have tied my wife up somewhere out of earshot, then I would have stayed on for a while. ))

Even then I managed to hit some soft targets and auto level to a far away base as my wife dragged me away for a chat.  Came back, located where I was and proceeded to crash land my wounded bird at an airfield.  Fun regardless and better training environment with people seemingly more tolerant of mistakes and not so gun ho to ban for minor indiscretions.

• Upvote 2

Can't find the server in the list, down for a maintenance?  Looking forward to trying it!

It's up and running. Order your multiplayer list by name, starts with "F" :)

The reconnaissance pictures, are great.  :good:

Only the objects on card are not enough.

The DServer is bad, since il2 1946 was better.

What hardware has the Dynamic War server ?.

I have tested many CPU AMD intel (i7 4790 4.5Ghz PC2400 is the best)

Edited by 7./SchG.2*SirAthlon

What hardware has the Dynamic War server ?.
I have tested many CPU AMD intel (i7 4790 4.5Ghz PC2400 is the best)

The server is an i5 4570 with 16GB of RAM. So not the fastest CPU out there, but even with 40 players, the CPU utilization for one core is quite low. I haven't seen it go over 25% (for one core).

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

A huge difference is SSD (fast) to HD (slow)

Il2 BoX Server has the best performance with SSD.

What I noticed is that in a mission, there are too many aircraft coming from the factories.
It does not matter if many of the flak are shot down.
In the moment it is so for 84 players the supply. (24+ too fast)

A huge difference is SSD (fast) to HD (slow)

Il2 BoX Server has the best performance with SSD.

I doubt this. Once the mission has been loaded (in memory) the server doesn't use HD at all.

What I noticed is that in a mission, there are too many aircraft coming from the factories.

It's currently as it is, so that people who only have one product purchased (BoS/BoM/BoK) still have reasonable amount of available planes.

This is true. We have rolling plane set coming (maybe after Kuban is finished), we'll tune the aircraft supply then to make it more logical. For now, we could decrease the numbers, but this causes some trouble with players that have only one of games (say, Stalingrad) bought... We have to think about this.

It's currently as it is, so that people who only have one product purchased (BoS/BoM/BoK) still have reasonable amount of available planes.

This is true. We have rolling plane set coming (maybe after Kuban is finished), we'll tune the aircraft supply then to make it more logical. For now, we could decrease the numbers, but this causes some trouble with players that have only one of games (say, Stalingrad) bought... We have to think about this.

Understand.
With us in the squad many only BoS.
I thought only of a single airfield.
You do not even have to move to another place AF.
Nice that you think of the BoS guy s.  :good:

sry my eng. is more goggle  :unsure:

Even if I have little time, it also fun server
Question, what is the level of aaa ?
Depot,Factory,Airfield,Tank Bases

Have aaa Limmit Ammo?

Thank you S!

Edited by 7./SchG.2_Willi

Tank bases AAA and Flak 36, Flak 37, 52k, and 61k in airfields, depots and factories are "Normal" AI.

The rest (MGs, Flak 38, and 72k in airfields) is "High".

AAA doesn't have limit ammo.

I have enjoyed playing on this server, but I get an awful lot of flickering in VR (low FPS), and for some reason I get long delays at times opening the map in flight. I really like how the tanks advance to contact, but is this part of the reason for the poor performance ?

Moving AI does cause load for the server, so I would imagine it causes load for the client side too. So perhaps it's the reason for your VR problems.

S!

Server updated with following features:

- In-game map border (whooo, finally!) ;) .. It is updated between mission changes.

- Routes between each conflict zone are now shown.

We hope this makes the system a bit easier to understand :)

ftn2i9.jpg

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 3

S!

Server updated with following features:

- In-game map border (whooo, finally!) ;) .. It is updated between mission changes.

- Routes between each conflict zone are now shown.

We hope this makes the system a bit easier to understand :)

ftn2i9.jpg

Thank you good work.

Tank bases AAA and Flak 36, Flak 37, 52k, and 61k in airfields, depots and factories are "Normal" AI.

The rest (MGs, Flak 38, and 72k in airfields) is "High".

AAA doesn't have limit ammo.

This is not correct.an Depot , Normal Flak 36 K61- High Flak 37-K61 - Normal Flak36 K52

Tankbase are also flak with high why?

This is not correct.an Depot , Normal Flak 36 K61- High Flak 37-K61 - Normal Flak36 K52

Tankbase are also flak with high why?

Might have remembered those wrong :)

Tank bases shouldn't have high AI flak at all.

It would be very good if you could reevaluate your AAA settings. Sunday, me and a mate had a blast flyin together a pair of JU88 to destroy an enemy train depot far behind enemy lines.

After about 5 seconds of AAA fire (2200m high) we both got a direct hit, causing both ju88 to be completely destroyed. It was an absolute immersion killer for us. 60 minutes of navigation and formation flying jjst to get emedeately killed. Please have a look at your AAA settings, so we can at least get closed to the tgt area

Momsen.

2200 mts for level bombs isnt enougth mate.... if u want avoid light flack u need 3 k  minimum. If want feel some kind of safe under 88 flack fire... u need stay near 5000 mts

:)

S!

As Tumu said, 2km is way too low for flying in a straight line (I assume you were trying to level bomb?) in the presence of flak. Either go higher, or alternatively you must maneuver, a lot :) ... I you want to do jabo attacks, one musn't fly in a straight line more than 1s. Spiral in for bombing/strafing runs.

Great old vid on the subject:
https://youtu.be/-fyRPI3WuDc?t=70

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

S!

There was some problems with freezes on the server. We narrowed them down to the added icons on the map, so, we removed the old tank base icons and optimized the attack lines a bit and it seems the freezing problem has gone away.

• Upvote 1