=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Yesterday it was great fun again, with over 30+ pilots. Thanks for these missions.

We prefer the 2-3 minute awaiting but with cities poblated rather than this "empty" map.

• Upvote 2

Server is being updated so it's temporally unavailable. 

I have sent message to the StG 2 team to carry out the installation. I hope it will be running today evening. 

I like the sever!

Do the plane availabilities ever get reset? Caught a day with a bad connection and disconnected twice, so 2 of my 3 fw were gone within like 2 mins...

Before asking, try first to find the answer ...

What's new:

1. Planes limitation: Pilot has limited number of planes and he doesn't loose it if sortie status is "LANDED", "IN FLIGHT" or "ON GROUND". Pilot may land on any friendly airfield. You may check actual friendly airfields and available number of planes on taw.stg2.de (in pilot details).

After three pilot's sorties which last at least 20min and ended with status "LANDED" or "IN FILIGHT" one plane will be recovered (plane with minimum available number). Information about available planes is refreshed after each mission. Please check out before mission if you may use this type of plane. You will be automatically kick by the server if you choose unavailable plane.

Edited by =LG=Wicher

I like the sever!

Do the plane availabilities ever get reset? Caught a day with a bad connection and disconnected twice, so 2 of my 3 fw were gone within like 2 mins...

I would really like to see something to fix this :D

I make my own devices for the sim (throttle quadrants, pedals, etc) and sometimes i need to plug them in in the correct order for the game to recognize them propperly. sometimes i forget to do this and log into the game and only find out that the controls are not working so i have to ALT+F4 to fix them.

Perhaps something like:  plane is lost IF plane has started engine AND 2 minutes have passed.

Before asking, try first to find the answer ...

thanks wicher, actually i always thought asking is part of that process, but maybe I should refine my question :)

I understand that i have to fly other planes to "repair my Fw" besides that is there ever a reset e.g. once a month, or will this statistic stay on my record unitl the server shuts down.

Server crashed. It must be updated again (new update?). Unfortunately last mission will not be counted :(

If you don't see icons in game try this: settings->basic options->disable or enable Instrument Panel. It helped in my case.

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Upvote 1

am i blind or did i just miss something, reading several times of 2 hour missions with 30+ players etc, 

how to know when they start ,and what about the mission briefing/ts pw ?

i would definetly like to join and maybe i can bring some more people from our own similar RoleplayCampaign we are offering community based in a game called Failthunder

Quick question...

Do disconnects count as a lost aircraft? I ask as I had 2 discos last night and have lost 2 aircraft.

Cheers

von Tom

Edit: Ok I read a bit more and understand that during the test phase a disco counts as a lost aircraft.

Edited by von_Tom

am i blind or did i just miss something, reading several times of 2 hour missions with 30+ players etc, 

how to know when they start ,and what about the mission briefing/ts pw ?

i would definetly like to join and maybe i can bring some more people from our own similar RoleplayCampaign we are offering community based in a game called Failthunder

Have you seen http://taw.stg2.de/ ? Missions run around the clock, and you can use that site to see how much time has passed in the current one. Each round is between 1h30 to 2h, if I understood correctly.

Have you seen http://taw.stg2.de/ ? Missions run around the clock, and you can use that site to see how much time has passed in the current one. Each round is between 1h30 to 2h, if I understood correctly.

yeah i saw it , but right now theres a difference: when i watched it there were no players online and the timer was 0 also the counter on 0:0 ,now its different, if i got my rig running agian until tomorrow i will give it a try, probably its more or less paused if noones there 

Quick (possibly off topic) question.

Why would I get kicked/dumped out of the server as soon as I got into my IL-2 1941 (multiple times)?

All I can think off is maybe it was due to me having played as Germany in the past. I usually try to play on the side with less numbers and this afternoon it was the Allies.

Anyway I tried the IL-2 three times and then i gave up as there were three Axis players and only one player on the Allies side. I didn't want to play if it was going to be 4 to 1.

Thank you.

You cannot switch sides. This server remembers the side you picked the first time you logged in.

This is a online war. 
You choose side and then stick to it till the victory or the bitter end.

Well then, that explains that.

Thank you for your answers.

I guess I will be online in a 109 or my 110 shortly.

Quick (possibly off topic) question.

Why would I get kicked/dumped out of the server as soon as I got into my IL-2 1941 (multiple times)?

All I can think off is maybe it was due to me having played as Germany in the past. I usually try to play on the side with less numbers and this afternoon it was the Allies.

Anyway I tried the IL-2 three times and then i gave up as there were three Axis players and only one player on the Allies side. I didn't want to play if it was going to be 4 to 1.

Thank you.

GhostLine06, keep a eye on the avaiability of your planes, too. If you chose a typ, which is not available you also would be kicked.

signatur_100.jpg

I have flown a few sorties on the most current campaign with a couple others I know.  I like the changes made since the last time I was in. 

Just a couple of comments agreed upon with the others present.  

The mission time seems too short.  It is only good for one medium length sortie, then you might as well leave the server as the next one will be cut short.

Related to that is having the remaining mission time show in the game so you can check it when you come into the game.  I have started sorties only to have the map roll just as I get over target, etc.  I noticed that the stats site show elapsed time for the current mission.  Would it be possible to also show total mission time and/or add remaining time?

Cheers!

I noticed that the stats site show elapsed time for the current mission.  Would it be possible to also show total mission time and/or add remaining time?

Total mission time is not constant. It varies in every mission between 1:30 and 1:45. It's unknown to pilots to avoid the situations when bombers deliberately attack targets just before the mission's end. 

Lets recap the action a bit.

Current map situation:

http://taw.stg2.de/

During the begining of the campaign the VVS was stuggeling and lost all the bases up to Kalach with Peskovatka also out of action and with a serious threat to be taken as well.

That would mean that VVS would have only 4 bases left with Karpovka being the most exposed.

VVS mounted a very strong counter atttack in the last week and have retaken Kalach and pushed trough down to Tormosin.

There was some heavy fighting going on and at one point Axis only had Novo-Sergievsky, Surovikino and Oblivskaya left.

Surovikino switched hands a couple of times and in the sector between Tormosin and Surovikino some of the most intense action took place. 

The fights were rough and the Axis retaliated with strong fighter and fighter bomber groups pushing the VVS back inside one day.

The counter attack is still in progres and the VVS is loosing ground again - Kalach (one of the most important bases for VVS) was lost last night.

As it stands now Peskovatka is heavily damaged and close to falling as well and Karpovka is also under threat.

So tonights action will be very crucial for VVS to survive or for Axis to push trough towards Stalingrad.

It is shaping up to be a very big battle tonight.

For our side (VVS) we have to keep Karpovka at all cost and push back and retake Kalach.

See you in the air tonight.

3 to 1. So ,the, small ants are working now on map and I`m afraid till evening situation might be solved.

ADW had very good rule of quorum.

It means that server was counting the actions when there was enough pilots in the game.

Example:

5-0, 3-3 so there had to be at least 5 players on 1 side or 3 per side to "wake up" the script.

So because of this you could avoid situations when single hero was capturing the terrain alone at night without any resistance.

Edited by =LG=Blakhart

I think the lonely flying hero especially on the VVS group is the counterpart to the massive spuad impact. The diligent ant repairs the frontline, which was pushed to much in his homeland at certain times.

signatur_100.jpg

Thx Peter.

Tonight a few red pilots  will try to do someting.... but  maybe will be late.... 

Will be nice apply on future rule quorum blak.

Anyway, its very interesting for me, i cant play so im following  how map its moving on last 4 days.... like old times on ADW, this its great !!!

Edited by RedEye_Tumu
  • Upvote 1

Yesterdays recap.

VVS suffered a defeat and had to retreat.

Last mission only one field on the edge of Stalingrad remained opened and two were closed.

The onslaught from the Axis team was brutal - it included low level jabo attacks, low level bomber attacks, high level bombing with BIG bombs and lots of fighter coverage.

Basicly the field was under constant attack.

We tried to put up some sort of a defence, but it was not to be -> we got over ran and axis fighters were covering all altitudes so it was very hard to survive and to counter the bomber threats.

Alas - with the mission ending we found out that we lost the last remaining field so a new sector of the map opened - VVS being pushed down south.

There was some small fights going on yesterday in the new area and VVS acctually managed to take Gromoslavka over the night, however it is shaping up to be another hot battle in the coming days.

good recap Peter.

Yesterday, last misión was a continuos scramble... we only can intercept 2 H-111 at low level.... but always too late .... most of times pilots died trying take off. As you say brutal atack.

Congrats to axis team  

the game continues

:)

Yesterdays recap.

VVS suffered a defeat and had to retreat.

Last mission only one field on the edge of Stalingrad remained opened and two were closed.

The onslaught from the Axis team was brutal - it included low level jabo attacks, low level bomber attacks, high level bombing with BIG bombs and lots of fighter coverage.

Basicly the field was under constant attack.

We tried to put up some sort of a defence, but it was not to be -> we got over ran and axis fighters were covering all altitudes so it was very hard to survive and to counter the bomber threats.

Alas - with the mission ending we found out that we lost the last remaining field so a new sector of the map opened - VVS being pushed down south.

There was some small fights going on yesterday in the new area and VVS acctually managed to take Gromoslavka over the night, however it is shaping up to be another hot battle in the coming days.

Thank you VVS pilots for the try to stop the Wehrmacht. I felt a bit sorry, on my first raid with Ju 88 as I dropped the 2 SC 1000 from 4.500 meters onto your field and saw just a moment after the bomb dropped some people spawning. :)

However, it war a really enjoyable evening...at least on Axis side, but I am sure, the tide of war will turn someday. Thanks for the work to the LG dudes. :salute::)

Was that monday evening? If so don't worry, we made it through the bombs :)

We had a couple good sorties to destroy an anti-tank position in IL-2s. Maybe we should try the carpet-bombing option too, although the Pe2 isn't as good as the Ju88 on that front.

It was on Tuesday mission #141. The last map on Stalingrad_Center. The last open Allied airfield was constantly attacked from high and low level bomber. It was hard to take off and many planes were destroyed on the runways :) But Allied fighters didn't give up and were fighting till the last plane.

Only in that mission Allied lost 57 airplanes and Axis lost 78 airplanes (8 were mine :))

Edited by =LG=Kathon

Axis lost 1290 planes, VVS 802... 

Numerous advantage and IIJG51 won the last map ( salute to them for the good tactic ).

Rest of axis was just destroying own planes without bigger sense, attacking the columns alone with nukes, vulching the airfields only to get kill ...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anyway this is a good experience for us as a creators.

The idea with limited planeset is reasonable. Without it people are making suicide missions all the time.

AAA number and skill will be increased on the airfields.

AAA number will be increased on defence lines.

We will set the maximum number of the planes available in campaign. So running out of aircrafts will also be counted as a win/loose factor.

Before official campaign we will set the limits for AXIS and ALLIED slots.

Cheers!  :)

• Upvote 1

Just an FYI.  I was landing a Yak at Gromo and just as I was touching down I exploded.  Come to find out, someone just spawned there in a Pe-2 at the same time and we both died.

Maybe the actual spawn points need to be adjusted.

Really enjoying the server.

Cheers!

Had a blast yesterday evening with some =FI= guys and Stick on russian side. 

But, man, those Flak38 are ridiculous! They have some kind of radar guided software that aims directly to your head! They get rid of 1 plane per pass each. It's way too hard for now as the server still needs to bring more people in. Despite this we could manage to take down the convoy and some tanks; but all of us died in the process, it's not manageable with the virtual pilot principle that gather experience to unlock planes.

Once again, I believe it's a very good server, perhaps one of the best with 72AG, I jumped in right after the beginning and at the end I sayed "Hey it just began!"... but it was already 2hours that I was playing! But we need to let people have some victories to have the right ramp up in players.

Also, could we have a warning about the end of the mission, perhaps 30 minutes before, then 15 and then 5?

Cheers!

Had a blast yesterday evening with some =FI= guys and Stick on russian side. 

But, man, those Flak38 are ridiculous! They have some kind of radar guided software that aims directly to your head! They get rid of 1 plane per pass each. It's way too hard for now as the server still needs to bring more people in. Despite this we could manage to take down the convoy and some tanks; but all of us died in the process, it's not manageable with the virtual pilot principle that gather experience to unlock planes.

Once again, I believe it's a very good server, perhaps one of the best with 72AG, I jumped in right after the beginning and at the end I sayed "Hey it just began!"... but it was already 2hours that I was playing! But we need to let people have some victories to have the right ramp up in players.

Also, could we have a warning about the end of the mission, perhaps 30 minutes before, then 15 and then 5?

Cheers!

You attacked the supply convoy or tank column ?

Same.

Get killed on first pass on >700km/h.

It was last time I've atacked someting on ground with streak on.

Ramm.

Same. Get killed on first pass on >700km/h. It was last time I've atacked someting on ground with streak on.

High speed is not a shield.
Killing columns needs cooperation of 3-5 planes.

Maybe supply column AAA is too strong, rest targets have too weak defence ATM. 

With three aircraft, Xenos, Coconut and I managed to attack a fortified area with heavy AAA, and return alive with one loss along three sorties.

In the first sortie (LaGG-3, two bombs) one fighter passed low to direct the fire while the other two dropped from higher up. No damage or losses.

In the second sortie (Il-2, bombs plus rockets) we did good too but had to abort before strafing the area when Coconut lost his aileron controls which prevented him from aiming. Xenos had a damaged engine, I took some hits but nothing major. It was our fault though - we didn't target the AAA, so those guns had a field day with us circling low and slow.

Third sortie (Il-2, rockets and bombs), we go again. This time we focus on the AAA first. I mess up my first pass and fly straight into its fire, which cost me a wing and a crash landing - my fault. With only a pair, Coconut and Xenos work together and destroy the AA guns, all the AT guns, all relevant buildings at the position and a good few trucks. There was nothing left.

The flak here is brutal indeed, more than usually seen, but it only takes some planning to get around it.