=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Please don't change anything. You have only a few days of stats... From the frenchies side, some of us were at Duxford and lot of us are on holydays, perhaps they will return soon...

anyway we are planning something soon, beware Blue boys!

Maybe one solution can be, some squads can fly on both sides.

Admins can select  a group of confidence squads and grant access on both sides. Same pilots can fly in both sides.

Another possibility its about some squads whit lot of players,  Some squads can manage more than 10 players... maybe this kind of squads can have the oportunity to create a wing on both sides,  Pilot of squad registered on one side only can fly in this side.

My experience say me, if the competition no have the russian support , have problems whit red quorum. Its true on russian comunitiy are increible blue pilots, but i think actually the "biggest" red squads are russian. I dont know how we can incorporate this comunity to TAW sincerly... maybe its only a time question and only need wait.

2nd Really Serious Question. Any of you guys have advice / solution how to prevent such situations ???

This may not be an answer to balancing sides, at least not directly, but this could impact the quality of aircraft flown based on some historic basis.  There was, to some extent, a "home field advantage" for the VVS.  That is, they were fighting the war on their turf.  Supply lines were therefore shorter, except for lend lease, and pretty much 100% of war manufacturing went to this front.  The Germans, on the other hand, had to spread their war goods to all occupied areas, Poland, Norway, France, the Balkans, home defense and to active fronts, such as North Africa, Battle of the North Atlantic.  How could or should this affect the game rules?

From 1941 to 1945 the Germans produced about 109,000 aircraft of all types.  During this same time the USSR produced 137,000 (excludes Lend Lease).  If you roughly figure that 90% of German production went to the Eastern Front that reduces the German number to about 98,100 aircraft.  The ratio of 137,000 to 98,100 is about 137%.  So if Germans receive a new aircraft at the rate 1 every 5 combat missions, the VVS should receive a new aircraft 1 every 4 combat missions (5 / 136% = 3.7).

This is only applying this concept to the aircraft replacement rate.  There may be other areas where this theory could apply.

The second thought is in regards to this:

11. If you bail out over enemy territory there is a chance you will not be captured.

I don't have any numbers for this one and it probably won't have a big impact but it's something to think about.  This is conjecture on my part.  A German pilot that bailed out behind enemy lines was in truly hostile territory, i.e., the civilian population would not assist in their escape.  A Soviet pilot however that bailed out behind enemy lines was still in his own country and was more likely to receive assistance from the civilian population to escape.  This could be reflected in the campaign's "...chance you will not be captured" by adjust the percentages of each side accordingly.

Cheers!

• Upvote 4

BTW I flew a long level bombing mission.  I happened to record a track of the bombing.  The stats say I flew a Pe-2 ser.87 transport which i did not.  As you can see by the screenshot below I was in a Pe-2 ser.35. 

There are three other sorties listed as 87 transports.  I have never flown a transport sortie.  No idea why these show this way.

27988696820_966f66af86_o.png

I absolutely love Stick's suggestions about "homefield advantage" if the numbers stay uneven. I think it's a great way to balance things a bit while staying historical.

Also, I tried to fly a transport mission by taking a Pe-2 s87 with 100% fuel and no bombs, as instructed, but the sortie says I flew a regular Pe-2, no mention of it being a transport. I got shot down and killed, so a regular Pe-2 s87 was removed from my hangar as well. So the exact opposite case of Stick's problem. Maybe some of the logic in the script is accidentally inverted? (as a programmer, I know that happens sometimes)

Anyway, great server! I'm really excited to get some missions in with the 19th Guards!

What are transport missions about? Is it like DED, to get planes?

Could not find anything about it in the rules.

Thx!

Admins, could you please move a G2 from my stock to Mochitos stock if possible

No.

A minor complaint: One of my infinitely available IL-2 was lost to a ditch despite a perfect landing. Maybe you might want to check the ditch detection code.

The sortie: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=552&name=coconut

The landing was perfect that is true but on the wrong airfield. You landed on Marinovka (sector 1021). You should have landed on airfield with airfield icon e.g. Karpovka (sector 1022). There are also fireplaces on correct airfields.

BTW: 0:30 on your video ;) - others not perfect landings :)

BTW I flew a long level bombing mission.  I happened to record a track of the bombing.  The stats say I flew a Pe-2 ser.87 transport which i did not.  As you can see by the screenshot below I was in a Pe-2 ser.35. 

Thanks for the info. There is a bug in checking payload for Pe-2. I will fix it.

BTW: 0:30 on your video - others not perfect landings

That is too funny! Two of them haha planes looks so goofy upside down with their gear sticking out :lol:  

The imbalance is problem, if this continues less and less vvs would like to join and fight. 

Can we create new squad and flight red?

How rusians wins last map?

Edited by E69_McKinley

That is too funny! Two of them haha planes looks so goofy upside down with their gear sticking out

Hehe :) To their defense, the first pilot had no elevator, no rudder and maybe a damaged engine too. Making it back so close to the runway was quite the achievement. The second ditched was a plane following me from too close. I had to slow down because of the damaged plane ahead of me, and because of that the third plane had to slow down too. Too much slowing down got him on the ground earlier and rougher than expected.

The landing was perfect that is true but on the wrong airfield.

Thanks for that info, that explains it.

lot of us are on holydays
or working hard  :biggrin: 

Main troubles lies here.

Great server ! Don't mind. VVS are coming.  :ph34r:

Thanks a lot for building these missions.

Best regards.

Good ideas  Stick-95, we will think about it.

The victory of VVS side was only a propaganda to increase morale in VVS army ;)

I had to stop the server to fix some bugs: victory side, Pe-2 transport planes, locked SC1000  bombs in He111 and Ju-88. Now it should works fine. If you come across any other bugs please let me know.

216th_Nocke -> To capture enemy airfield by transport planes first you have to close the airfield by destroying it in 75% or more. Destroyed airfield will be closed in the next mission and only from the next mission you may land bombers. You need to land at least 6 transport bombers in a single mission.

One more thing: I have received complaints about frames and performance drop. I assume it's because of huge number of new buildings in cities. Please let me know if you also notice it (especially people with low end rigs)

Edited by =LG=Kathon

Great flight yesterday with LAL people (Skywaxer will certainly send Kathon or Blackhart a MP for his squad). Not a lot of german seen (only 1 109 that was downed in flames by Sky). But on comms, it was madness. It seemed we were attacked by all sides at the same time, trying to defend with all we've got... This is why I love this server!

Keep going guys!

One more thing: I have received complaints about frames and performance drop. I assume it's because of huge number of new buildings in cities. Please let me know if you also notice it (especially people with low end rigs)

We noticed it yesterday, specially when things got hot. Intense AAA fire and several planes fighting around low level are enough to casue intense lag and trouble, but navigation is more friendly now. My rig is low end, I can fly, but sometimes not I'm not confortable enough. 

About balance, well, it's not good to force pilots to fly one specific side, they will fade away, but it is extremly difficult to find good procedures to create an "artificial balance" and please everyone. War is not balanced, just relax and enjoy the situation you are flying and adapt to it. Fight against the odds is a chance of a greater victory. Nevertheless, any good ideas to avoid a constant unbalance by sheer force of numbers for one side is a good thing.

I enjoy not winning, only fliying and keeping alive from next.

Balance its imposible i think. Next my squad will fly red side.

Good work! I love this kind of competición, people fly seriously.

Edited by E69_McKinley

I also experianced freezes and stuttering yesterday, seemed it was too many units around.

Perhaps too many ai aaa...

Will be on ts tonight and we can talk about it.

My rig is very good so I was surprised by the freezes.

What are transport missions about? Is it like DED, to get planes?

Could not find anything about it in the rules.

Thx!

You need the transport planes for the conquest of an airfield. First, your side have to destroy the enemy airfield to a level over 75%. On the next mission the airfield is rated as "closed" from the script. Then you have to land 6 transport planes on this airfield.

@Kathon: Is the airfield immediatly available after the succesful 6 landings, or recently at the next mission (trigger or script analysis)?

Sorry if this isnt the right place for this, but I did not find another one:

I screwed it up.

It seems I registered on the stats page as 216_Nocke, but am flying as 216th_Nocke.

Now, I can log in there as 216_Nocke, but obviously dont find my flight results.

However, trying to create a new account as 216th_Nocke, I get the message that that account is already in use.

I can then ask there for a new password, giving my mail address, but, even after a lot of retries, cant get in with that name.

So what should I do? Is there a way other than changing my game nick to 216_Nocke, and loosing the results I obtained today?

Thx for your help!

Hello! Same problem here. 

Thank you very much for your help! 

:salute:

@StG2_Juuti: next mission. 

Can we create new squad and flight red?

If you would like to change the side I will have to delete yours accounts (all data lost) and then you can register new pilots and squad. If you or other pilots decided to do that please send me pm with the squad name (pm from squad leader). 

Edited by =LG=Kathon

@StG2_Juuti: next mission.

If you would like to change the side I will have to delete yours accounts (all data lost) and then you can register new pilots and squad. If you or other pilots decided to do that please send me pm with the squad name (pm from squad leader).

For next then.

Im the E69 il2 BoS líder. Thanks.

Edited by E69_McKinley

TAW is back! Good news^^.

I had register on th web site, but I had create a squad by mistake, it's possible to delete it =?
I would meet "lesirreductibles" to be with my real squadron...

Thanks, and good fly all^^

It's very hard to get in the server right after a new mission....

This is often the case with any server. I find myself trying a couple times to rejoin WoL when it flips. So, unless it's severe/lasting more than ~5 minutes after the flip there's problem nothing to be done about it. (But idk, I have minimal experience hosting dserver)

That's also my case, I'm used to fly at ~50 fps on most servers (DED mostly), but I usually get only 30-35fps in the same situations on TAW. 

If it may help : it doesn't seem to have much impact when on the ground at airfields (20-25fps, normal for me) but when airborne, I'm just not getting the 50fps I'm used to. 

I have same trouble as earlier posters not being able to register cause their nik is already used by them and they don't know the password because their email isn't recognised yet because they can't register it due to their nik already used. :wacko: Very small conundrum which seems to pop its ugly head with frequency when using computers.

Hi Kathon,

Could you please check this : I have a ditched Ju88, basically my landing gear failed on landing at the airfield, but I don't see anything in the "ditched" column of my hangar page. Is that a bug or did I missed something ?

Salute and Thank you guys for going through all this trouble for us!

Some observations, it seems that the machine the server runs on is not up to the task, people can not connect, stuck in map screen and mistakes by script.

I don't know how can we help for this, if there is a way tell us what you need.

Some flyers do not own Premium editions of the sim, is there a way to check this and raise the normal AC numbers on them?

Aaaaand lastly :) KG200_Helmut was trying to fly Ju87 and got kicked several times. (Add the "back to server list" problem and it becomes very ugly)

Again thank you guys, I know you try hard for this.

• Upvote 1

Why does my hangar have BOM plane set like Bf110 and Ju88 available but I don't own BOM yet and my BOS hangar has no Focke wolfe available when I bought it as addon along with La5?

Forgot to mention I chose to fly Axis anyway, that's obvious from my hangar mentioned above.

Edited by Gl-l0ST

We specially add the planes from BoS to let fly from the begin people without BoM or premium planes.

Sooner or later in campaign you will have only 1 type of basic bomber or fighter plane and extra plane you will have to unlock.

Another question, I tried to land a transport aircraft on an enemy airfield, as its icon on the map was white so I thought it was 75% damaged but on final approach, the AAA just desintegrated my plane.

How do we know that an enemy airfield is safe for capturing ?

Some observations, it seems that the machine the server runs on is not up to the task, people can not connect, stuck in map screen and mistakes by script.

Some flyers do not own Premium editions of the sim, is there a way to check this and raise the normal AC numbers on them?

Aaaaand lastly :) KG200_Helmut was trying to fly Ju87 and got kicked several times. (Add the "back to server list" problem and it becomes very ugly)

Same here. Very difficult to join the serveur once a new misison is loaded. And as we were attacking a german airfield with all it's flak, the server had some issues (we had the message server overload) but I didn't otice any lag (I wasn't attacking)

Besides of this, everything was great! Thank you once again for this amazing work!

:salute:

Same for us , greyed out START button after choosing airframe . The ping seems good though . Thanks for all your efforts guys . 

I have same trouble as earlier posters not being able to register cause their nik is already used by them and they don't know the password because their email isn't recognised yet because they can't register it due to their nik already used. :wacko: Very small conundrum which seems to pop its ugly head with frequency when using computers.

Password sent. Check your inbox.

Could you please check this : I have a ditched Ju88, basically my landing gear failed on landing at the airfield, but I don't see anything in the "ditched" column of my hangar page. Is that a bug or did I missed something ?

You ditched in mission #36 and your Ju88 was resupplied after 3 next missions. There was also a bug (now it's fixed) with ditching in some cases.

@KG200_Helmut: Ju87 with SC1000 is forbidden. Check available payload at http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21029-tactical-air-war/page-10#entry369505 

Same here. Very difficult to join the serveur once a new misison is loaded. And as we were attacking a german airfield with all it's flak, the server had some issues (we had the message server overload) but I didn't otice any lag (I wasn't attacking)

It seems that we have reached the limit of the power's server. We will reduce number of unnecessary objects soon and that should help.

Remember that during mission generation (1-2 minutes) server doesn't allow to join. Then (after mission is ready) he accepts join requests pilot by pilot. It takes several seconds to for each player to join. So with 30 or more players some players have to wait a bit longer.

Why does my hangar have BOM plane set like Bf110 and Ju88 available but I don't own BOM yet and my BOS hangar has no Focke wolfe available when I bought it as addon along with La5?

TAW server doesn't know what game version you have, so we put on the web site all planes from BOM and BOS. Even if you have Fw190 in your game, on TAW server it's not available at the beginning. It will be available later for you after doing combat missions.

Another question, I tried to land a transport aircraft on an enemy airfield, as its icon on the map was white so I thought it was 75% damaged but on final approach, the AAA just desintegrated my plane.

Please check damage level on the web site or on mission briefing. If airfield is damaged 75% or more it's closed and you may land. To make sure there is no AA airfield should be destroyed in 100%.

Edited by =LG=Kathon

Thanks for your answers Kathon. Perhaps we should ask the devs to put a waiting line in th dserver so you are not just going back to server browser when server denies you to enter, but just enter a waiting line... This issue is true for every servers and had been an issue for more than 1 year now...

As you are hosting one of the most populated server you could ask for it?

• Upvote 3